WTY88701AU, WTY877W0AU

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.8

Generally fine, but trying to dry linen is a pain

I bought this after my Miele gave it up after 12 years. With just clothes, it is a great dryer and does the job to our satisfaction. But linen? It's painful. Because it only turns in one direction, quilts, sheets etc end up in a tight little ball, and you have to constantly intervene. We live in an apartment so drying it on the clothes line isn't an option. Many a time we have forgotten the quilt cover was in there, go to put something else in and realise that it's still wet and have to put the dryer back on. I hate it for that reason and wouldn't recommend one. I've had a Miele and Asko dryer and they are both much better compared to this.

Purchased in March 2018 at Betta Home Living.

AlyciaCanberra 2600, ACT

Actually put our lives in danger

Purchased in August 2017 at Appliances Online.

Hi Alycia,
Thanks for your review, we're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dryer. We will make sure someone is in contact with you today to discuss this further.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

SpudWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Everyone should get one

I have trouble hanging washing on the line so I bought this dryer it saves me stress time and not that expensive to run I do recommend it to everyone

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys.

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how Bosch HomeProfessional Heat Pump Tumble Dryers compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Kah P.

Kah P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect solution to lint free laundry

How i love doing laundry! Clothes come out in perfect condition without dog hair. I did not need to plumb for drainage of the water storage as i simply empty it during cycle; likewise with the lint filters. I mainly use manual setting with heat resulting in not requiring ironing, except for minimal pressing for work shirts. Laundry room does not steam up much.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,400.00.

Linda Davey

Linda DaveySouth West, WA

No more Damp walls

Anything that goes in the Washing Machine is placed in Dryer. This products performance is outstanding. Different settings puts me in control love how it also senses when the clothes are dry and turns off. Delayed start is great can set and forget. The only item I don’t place in dryer are Woolens. Love the fact there is no moisture on walls very efficient.

Purchased in June 2018 at RetraVision for $1,400.00.

Superb dryer

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online.

ozboySydney

Happy with the Bosch WTY877W0AU

After so many research in the past few month, i finally bought the BOSCH WTY877W0AU dryer arrived today and i am happy with the result. I used only one cycle so far, used the cotton cycle option and Cupboard dry option to dry mixed of clothes including shirt, pants and towels and after 2hours all the cloths came fully dried and soft.

I am happy with it and i feel made with the rite choice.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Zarias

ZariasSydney

Best dryer ever!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
T1NT1N

T1NT1NAuckland, NZ

Very happy so far - dries with ease

Purchased to match our front loader and we are very happy so far - the light in the drum is great but I find it a bit odd that with the washer you turn on and load but with the dryer you load and then turn on. Like the ability to switch the side the door opens (change hinge side) but we are planning to get the stacker kit so not planning to switch it. Has a large load capacity compared to other dryers I have owned (9kg) and appears to dry perfectly and in a timely manner.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

ArnoldMelbourne

Poor design, Unreliable. Same problems as WTY88700AU

Lenka

LenkaQld, 4575

Best Dryer Ever!!!...just do it :)

BoschHomeAUBosch Home Appliances

Whats the goasked

HomeProfessional WTY877W0AU

Has anyone had issues with the clothes twisting in this dryer?

Alycia

Only with sheets and doona covers, and that happens every time unless I tie a big knot in the centre before I pop them into the dryer.

Whats the go

Thank you I think Ill pass based on your candid answers. Thanks!

T1NT1N

T1NT1Nasked

HomeProfessional WTY877W0AU

Hoping a Bosch specialist can answer this - our laundry is in the garage and we had a mouse get in the back of the drier. Luckily we got it out without issue but I have to ask (as I would have expected this feature for price paid) why doesn’t your product(s) have rodent guards or vents impossible for rodents to enter? As many laundry are located in garages sadly mice can be a hazard that should be guarded against.

Hi T1NT1N,,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing Machine
We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10948 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Chris

Chrisasked

Bosch HomeProfessional Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

Is a heat pump dryer any good for tropical areas?

Spud

Hello Chris I don’t leave in a tropical area so I can’t answer that question but I do live in a town where the humidity does get a little higher at times. I tend not to use the dryer unless it’s been raining constantly and I never have any trouble with mine kind regards Carol

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch dryers.
Excess humidity can reduce the effectiveness though if the appliance is in an airconditioned premises then there should not be any issues.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,

Colour / FinishWhite
Dimensions 842 x 598 x 599 mm
Drying Programs 10
Temperature Settings 2
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJune 2014