Bosch Hot Water & Heating HydroPower 10H

Bosch Hot Water & Heating HydroPower 10H

See the Best Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

angry47adelaide

This is the perfect unit for someone who likes cold showers

I need more than 30 words . Unit has a mind of its own . You waste a lot of water before it heats up then it fluctuates and doesnt hold heat , dont you dare use any other tap around the house for hot water it just isn't going to happen . Bosch makes other products that are beyond amazing but i think they should stay away from continous water systems . yes unit has been looked at and has been replaced . The only thing that I can say is that it is sitting outside my bin enjoying the sun and rust not much to say but shame on the person who designed this and went home and said what a machine i designed .this person is the devils cousin what a heap of rubbish stay clear you have been warned

Purchased in June 2019.

Household Size 2 person(s)
Smells of GasNo
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
angry47

No need using different brand

Will

WillPerth, WA

Why is hydropower 10h making noise when not in use

Hydropower 10H is making noise when
Not in use, sounds like a fan I’d running. Is this a concern, or is it dangerous? It’s quite loud and can be heard In the back bedroom

Te ManiheraPerth, WA

Not Hot anymore but all is working. Bout month it has been like this

The unit is firing and gas is heating. But suddenly the past month my water is not Hot. I have just gone out and checked again ignition works fine gas is burning. By the time it gets to my taps I can hold my hand under it. I’ve turned everything up. But still warm to touch after running water (hot) for 4mins. Any one else have this.

Purchased in April 2010.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)
Smells of GasNo
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Te Manihera

Oops you’re probably right I will look into that ASAP thanks heaps

Billy

BillyPerth, WA

Worst hot water system ever

Unit is a couple years old, consistently won’t light. Have to then wait for stupid lock out or have cold shower. Can’t wait to throw it in the tip and get something that works

Purchased in September 2016.

Disappointed

Daryl

Daryl

Hot then Cold Problem Solved

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Product has electrical fault (ghost)

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Brett

BrettMelbourne

Waste of time and money, zero stars

Date PurchasedJun 2012

Don’t ever buy a Bosch gas hot water system. Mine didn’t last 7 years when the hydro failed

If you are looking to install or fix a Bosch hot water system I recommend scrapping you unit and replacing it with a reliable brand. Our gas fitter sourced $270 worth of parts to replace the hydropower and to refurb the main chamber, this didn’t work so the unit had to be scrapped. This cost a considerable amount of money. We would have been much better off to replace the unit as soon as it failed with a reliable brand.

grozzie

grozzieMELBOURNE

Five years of uninterrupted hot water

How can there be so many complaints from so many people?? We've had this system running flawlessly in Melbourne since July 2012. The distance from the gas meter to the Bosch unit is over 20 metres yet there's enough pressure to run a hot shower with the gas ducting heating in winter. Extremely pleased with this super reliable product and would not hesitate to recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2012

LEMON!! Absolute rubbish product! If you like cold water this is for you! 0 stars!

Absolute GARBAGE product! From day one it broke down & since then numerous visits from plumbers trying to fix the damn thing! Nothing but trouble! 4.5 years & we are up for a new one. $1400 for nothing but an overpriced wall hanging! Customer service was very average. Kept getting excuses of ants or insects blocking the pipes! Well I'm with the plumber now & no ants just a piece of crap! Wish i had reviewed this product sooner as there is obviously a lot of ant problems about! LEMON!!!

never starts

bought this for my outback property years ago and has never worked properly. it's alright when it's being used every day but if not used for several months won't ignite, takes constant switching on and off to get it started and sometimes not at all. sometimes the ignitor works sometimes it doesn't. I ended up smashing it to pieces with a hammer. The trouble is what do I buy? reviews from other brands are no better.?????

Date PurchasedJan 2007

Charles

CharlesPerth

Great Unit

I had this unit installed in 2012 and it is still going well, I find it better to turn the water off to the unit when I go away and it fires up every time, it may be getting a little tired and when it does give up, I will replace it with another one.

February 5th 2017 Update: Hydropower 10h HWS

I made an error with my previous review, I actually had it installed in 2002 and it is still going well.I believe that the later models are much more efficient.A lot of people make the mistake of trying to adjust the Hot Water with the Hot water tap, you actually adjust the cold tap.

Date PurchasedApr 2012

Reggie J

Reggie JMelbourne

Dreadful engineering

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Martinez

Martinez

It doesn't work as intended

I can't run hot and cold water at the same time with this heater. If I turn on the cold water tap when running the hot, the heater unit cuts out and you only get cold water. It's been like that since day one. This is not like other Hot Water units I've had. Buyer Beware.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

hyphen22

hyphen22Perth

EDIT 15/6/17 - 10yr old issues after 5yrs.

Date PurchasedAug 2006

ALEX B

ALEX B

LEMON

Absolutely rubbish. In the 1st two years of warranty, replaced ignition system, burner, heat exchanger and diaphragm. Works great in summer but when it feels like in winter. Diaphragm area is all plastic and leaks and cracks. It lasted 4 yrs.
Got a 10P yes 10P... Absolutely robust built, all brass around the diaphragm and way too hot. Got the water flow half way set as fully in too hot to shower with even cold water opened.
The 10H never even got that hot from brand new, even after the bosch tech looked at it 4 times during warranty.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Bosch Service Terrible and Water Heater a Lemon

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Taryn hollitt

Taryn hollittasked

How do I light the pilot light?

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Taryn, thank you for your question. The ignition for this unit is automatic.

If the ignition fails to ignite after 20 seconds, this will trigger a lockout mechanism. In this case, we would suggest that you turn off all hot water taps and try again. If the unit still doesn't work, then isolate the valves at the unit for 20 seconds, then open the valves and retry. If after this, the unit still fails to ignite, please get in touch with us at 1300 30 70 37 any time from 7:30am to 6pm (AEST), so we can refer you to a Bosch qualified technician.

Please be advised that we do recommend that our units are to be serviced at least every two years so your unit may be due for a service.

Mollyasked

I bought a couple of these in 2015 for rental properties. The tenants haven't complained about the water temperature but the other day checking a water leak i notice that one of them has nearly rusted away. The other tenant confirmed that his was also rusty but I haven't checked that one. The rust is really bad, all over the unit, it looks like it won't last the year out. I'm not sure how long the warranty is or what I can do about this but surely they are meant to be outside and they were fitted by someone from the Gas Company who never said they needed cover.

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Molly, we’re really sorry to hear about the issue you’re having with your units. This range has a full warranty of two years for parts and labour, and further warranty of 10 years for the heat exchanger part only. The level of corrosion within the time frame you are referring to sounds extreme and not normal. Although we do not know the location of your units, installation in areas near ocean or marine environments will cause premature corrosion of surface coatings. As such, we recommend in our product literature to avoid such installations as it is not covered under warranty. If you require any further information regarding our warranty conditions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team at our toll-free line 1300 30 70 37 (we are available from 7:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday). We also suggest getting in contact with your gas company regarding this issue.

Molly

We polished it up and put a wooden cover on it and it is ok now. We do live near the beach but the heater is on the other side of the building. Ga an company was no help.

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Molly, thank you for clarifying the location of where your units are located. Unfortunately, the powder coated steel we use in our units can be affected by the salt content in the air of your environment. A slightly unorthodox method to slow down the corrosion would be to coat the unit in fish oil as a preventative measure. This product is typically called rust prevention/guard/treatment and will usually have fish oil in the product name. It can also be purchased from your local hardware store. As mentioned, it will not stop the rust from coming back, but it can help to slow down the corrosion. Please also be advised that due to safety concerns, we strongly recommend the removal of the wooden cover as it is a fire hazard.

Mike Leeasked

I live in a retirement unit. My hot water system is located inside the rear enclosed patio. Is this a safety issue? Mike Lee
Many thanks

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Michael, thanks for your question and we apologise for the delayed response as we have been having issues with receiving notifications on this platform. Based on the brief details you have provided, we believe that this may be unsafe and may have the potential to cause personal injury and property damage. It could also be non-compliant and illegal, which also means that any servicing issues will not be carried out. We highly recommend that you get a second plumber to come out and inspect the installation. The plumber can make sure regulations are met in order to give approval for the unit’s installation.

Mike Lee

Thank you so much. I can nowspeak with the village manager regarding this issue. Mike

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Mike, we're always glad to provide assistance in any way we can. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you require any further support. Our team is available from 7:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday on our toll-free line 1300 30 70 37.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives