Bosch Hot Water & Heating HydroPower 13H

Bosch Hot Water & Heating HydroPower 13H

See the Best Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bobby N.

Bobby N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

WARNING! STAY CLEAR !

Purchased in June 2019.

Household Size 1 person(s)
Smells of GasNo
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Very unreliable water heater like most modern bosch products.

Main problems are the diaphragm and the hydro generator unit. The diaphragm will need regular replacement. Probably every 3 years For those who OFTEN have no hot water suspect diaphragm has a VERY small hole in it. If no hot water suspect the hydro generator unit. They are both easy to test and replace. Sure if both need replacement and you need a gas engineer to install bite the bullet and install a new not bosch unit. If repaired and setup correctly you will get constant temp hot water every time. I don't think most engineers have a clue about these heaters.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

BBWE16

BBWE16Melbourne, Victoria

BE WARNED, FIRE HAZARD!

Last night I woke to the system pouring out with water. I turned the water mains off to them hear a hissing and strong smell of gas. This morning upon inspection the system had caught on fire! Melting the casing caused the water to pour out which must have put out the fire. I'm waiting a replacement now but very thankful it happened when I was home and awake (happened after a shower). Beside this I have always had trouble getting this system to actually work. Persistently turning the taps on and off to get the hot water to kick in. Very happy its being replaced, but still in shock about the gas catching on fire after a shower.

Date PurchasedJan 2010
Ian L

Ian LRedland Bay

Finally fixed - It's gone

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Unreliable

Breaks down to many breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Yakka

YakkaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never reliable...

Hello, this is the second external LPG Bosch HWS I've owned, & be the LAST! I have had nothing but trouble with the unit firing up, (yes, i tried altering water pressure, gas reg's, etc.), it is always hit or miss. When it decides to work, I only get 3-4 minutes of hot then warm & you guest it cold!. Living in the country bottled gas is the only option to 240v., sadly the cost to repair, or even call out tech., is too dear. Back to electricity unfortunately.

Date PurchasedAug 2011

Kevin

KevinSydney, NSW

Despite the reviews, it's been ok

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Thanks for updating the community with your review, Kevin. The team here at Bosch Hot Water & Heating are thrilled to hear you’re still enjoying your HydroPower 13H (and hot water!) three years on despite the frosty temperatures.

CharlesMelbourne

13H must stand for 13 times HORRIBLE!

Charles

Only option for a farm shed

Reliable, yes. But the manufacturer should put a drain plug in to drain the water at the bottom of the Heater. The frost has cracked and broken a part. The part itself cost almost $400 to replace. Luckily I put it in myself. It's a quality heater, but not suitable to be put on a wall outside, where it will freeze, and fail. I knew that, and had a special tap put in to be able to drain the Heater, but it wasn't possible to drain the water at it's lowest point. That is where is cracked.

Richard

Richardperth

Worst appliance ever

We are the unfortunate owners of a hydro power 13 H (serial number 582784). During its warranty period virtually the hole internal workings were changed several times. It never seemed to make a difference. Continually leaks, stops working,wont ignite, goes out on and on and on and on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have 5 children and its gone on the blink AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon JBrisbane

Will not light first time

Simon J

Been there, done that. It's great to see that all you can do to support your dodgy, shoddy, ill conceived product is dump a boilerplate reply under every bad review. You do understand this makes your service look worse?

Absolute piece of crap

This would have to be the worst hot water system i have ever come across, should not be worth any more than $5 brand new, will look for an alternative brand that performs as required which should not be too difficult to find
Score out of 10 would be -9,

k k

k kqld1234abcd

Money waster

Unreliability of this unit is the best remark I can give it. Installed 5yrs ago and nothing but problems. Hot water when it feels like it... had it checked a few times by approved Bosch plumber... and as of 6 days ago, cold showers and back to boiling the jug and premixing with cold water.zzzz
Just no good enough from this brand.

My advise is not to buy this particular models. Shop around for other brands you'll be sure to get a better product than this one !!

Unhappy66AU

Terrible- no zero star option

Unhappy66

What a waste of time? I was told the same thing yet again out of warranty!!

Unhappy66

A week on no response ... Don't you just love the the cut copy and paste responses?

Bosch, where is the customer service? No satisfactory outcomes here!

We have a Bosch hydropower 13 H I am not going to write a repeat essay it's exactly what eveyone one describes. Unreliable hot water from one use to the next. Boiling one minute freezing the next. Eight plumber visits with nothing decernable outcome! And to preempt a reply from Bosch that reads the same as eveyone else's don't bother I know how it reads. So sorry your experience of this product is negative please contact us so we can rectify. . . We have! you never do it seems ! It seems clear the model has issues but no company back up. Like eveyone else it means I'll never by Bosch anything again.

Unreliable & poor support

Robert S
Robert S

ernieSunshine Coast

13H - Has never been reliable

sunshine

sunshineAdelaide

Would not recommend to anyone

Julia

JuliaPerth

Bosch Hydropower 13H - Scolding hold or dead cold

I can never have a simple hot shower. The water is scolding hot then goes dead cold, burning hot again and then cold. When I say hot, I mean that I would need to be taken to the hospital with serious burns if I were to stay under the water. Then it goes cold. Freezing cold.

I was just washing my dishes and burnt my hand. I almost cried. So I went to inspect the system to see if we could change the maximum temperature. Nothing. No dial visible. After reading the other reviews I think we will have to change. Can't go on like this, especially that we have a little on it's way... Very dangerous.
Nothing
Dangerous hot, then cold

Zoe
Zoe

I totally agree with you Julia. I put in a hydro power 16H September 2013 and had regretted ever since. We experience the same problems that you described. I have never had a good shower since. I'm thinking of replacing it with another brand.

wagdy halim
wagdy halim

we had same problem with that product, actually Bosch team should be ashamed of themselves , we had a different Bosch water heater (older model) and it was an excellent experience, we used it for 25 years without a single trouble.

Barb

Barb

No stars for this

Very pleased I found this page. Just moved into a house with a 13H bosch hydro water heater,supposedly only 18 months old, it's dreadful, keeps going hot,cold,hot,cold, got a new bottle of gas, to make sure there was plenty, had to wait 5 mins for water to get hot tonight, then nearly scalded my head trying to wash my hair...2 nights in a row now, had to get out of shower , cold water running not hot, get dressed and go and see if the gas is on....wastes water too...I need help, only 1 in household , so no kids using it all up, surely a 13H should be big enough to heat water for some washing up and a shower daily ???? Not happy at all.

Sam
Sam

remove the water restricter. don't trickle the water to get hot water, have the hot on full to start, its a bit touchy for hot and cold tap temp adjusting. hope that helps

Wayne

Wayneasked

Purchased 08/2012, have already replaced the diaphragm twice. (Part # 1318116)
Now the unit will start, heat and operated for only a few minutes, Max 5, before the gas shuts down and flames out. Will restart but goes out after 10 -15 seconds. What is my next [art to replace. Wayne

Richie G

Richie Gasked

how do you turn hot water temperature up

Lucei
Lucei

Sorry but the unit is rubbish, I have had three plumbers in to try and get hot water but all say there is nothing they can do. They have contacted the Bosch technical team and spoken to them while they were here and the answer by the technical side was there was nothing more that could be done. The unit is useless.

David
David

We cannot turn the temperature up more than maximum on the unit, I have a shower on full heat! We have to turn the tap on a number of times to get the heater to work. I will never buy another Bosch product.

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Richie, thanks for your question. Please be informed that a few alterations can be made to increase the hot water temperature.

Inside the unit there are 2 temperature adjustments that can be made: a slide control that controls the gas burner and a round dial on the water valve. Slide the control to the right to increase the burner and temperature, you can also turn the round dial clockwise to increase the temperature.

If these are already set to the maximum settings, then a service is required. Services are recommended every 2 years. If you need assistance with getting in touch with an approved service agent, please call us at 1300 30 70 37 any time between 7:30AM and 6PM (AEST) on a weekday.

Carrie-Ann Starick

Carrie-Ann Starickasked

Hi we have the hot water system listed in other question. Problem is: all burners are lit and stay lit but water doesn't get hot, only lukewarm. It is fed from gas bottles. System is around 4 years old. Have checked and there doesn't seem to be any blockages.
Carrie-Ann

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Carrie-Ann, it sounds like your unit may need a service. We generally recommend that all hot water systems are serviced at least every two years. If you require assistance in finding a Bosch approved service technician, please get in touch with our helpful team at 1300 30 70 37 and we’ll be able to find you a local solution. Our team is available from 7:30am to 6:00pm (AEST) Monday to Friday on our toll-free line.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives