Bosch Hot Water & Heating HydroPower 16H

Bosch Hot Water & Heating HydroPower 16H

See the Best Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mistake

Mistake I agree with Lucei, We purchased the 16H in 9/2015 and it has been intermittent with not lighting up consistantly since installation & has now not started after many tries. I checked & the ignition was sparking, but the gas not lighting. I rang the local dealer we purchased the unit from, who told me it was out of warranty and they are busy so I should ring a plumber! This I did and when they arrived and this time the unit started first time. We will be going elsewhere in the future.

Purchased in September 2015 for $1,300.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

Fixing ignition issue

Purchased in February 2017 for $1,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

Lucei

LuceiSouthern and Hills, SA

Should be a class action, a piece of JUNK!!!

A big mistake choosing this hot water heater. It has never delivered really hot water, had the plumber out several times. Have contacted Bosch, always unhelpful. Today I had the Plumber ring Bosch and do trouble shooting with Bosch service team. Answer, nothing else can be done to improve the temperature of the water. Will have to continue having baths without needing any cold water, temp about 45 degrees, hopeless!! Also waste so much water, don't have mains water,only rain water from tanks, sometimes have to wait 5 minutes . Not good enough Bosch. DON"T BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Purchased in May 2015.

Household Size 1 person(s)
Peter J

Peter JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Water temperature fluctuates wildly, too hot one minute, not heating water the next.

Purchased in March 2018.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

Len

LenAdelaide

Terrible, terrible, terrible

Purchased this unit in august 2018 as a replacement for our old bosch unit. We were advised by the installer that this was the one to get. We had the installation techs out four times in the first few days because it would cease to work. Despite my requests for a different unit it was inferred that the problem was user error !!!! SIx months later the unit takes ages to heat ,goes boiling hot then cold and has to be restarted several times just to get a lukewarm shower. This product has a major design fault and is clearly not fit for sale. Will be replacing as soon as finances allow. Avoid this terrible product.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Sammy

Sammyleongatha

Trouble from the beginning.

Unrealibile ignition of both pilot and main burner. Works today but not tomorrow or even now but not in 1 hour. Very sensitive to water pressure. Inserted inline water filter which helped in blocking the filter in the unit. Fortunately we are not entirely reliant on this heater. Reading the other reviews would incline me to replace it rather than get it serviced.

Date PurchasedMar 2000
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Water waster, hot then cold

We recently moved into a rental home and cannot believe the performance of the hot water system. Although the unit is directly below the shower it may take up to 4 attempts and many litres of water for the very hot water to flow. The minute the very hot water comes through any attempt to adjust causes the shower to become cold.

The Bosch unit 16H needs to be avoided.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

A BeeAdelaide

Worst decision ever!

Had to replace my old unit which didn't even last 10 years, stupidly settled on this model. Worst decision ever!! We've nicknamed the unit Katy Perry because it's hot then it's cold. This shower either inflicts 3rd degree burns or induces hypothermia, along the way it wastes a tonne of water. How can a gas hot water system run cold when only the hot water tap is on. Will replace as soon as I can afford to.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
A Bee

shocking, unreliable, waste's heaps of water

replaced old bosch that was not too bad but only lasted 10 years, new unit has been a nightmare, was told by their own techs, (no one can fix it ! that's just how they are ) I'm sick of waiting 10 minutes for it to settle down at 4.00 am every day ! will have to bite the bullet and get another brand that will do what they say it will do , will NOT buy anything that's made in China again. NO quality control !

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Charlie, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Please be advised that if your unit is within warranty, we will be able to arrange a service call for you. Our team is available from 8am to 6pm (AEDT) during the weekday at 1300 30 70 37.

Lucei

LuceiSouthern and Hills, SA

Piece of Rubbish from day One!!!

Water has never been really hot,when having a bath no cold water is ever needed,have been putting up with this for two years. I have contacted Bosch on several occasions but treated rudely each time. Was told that if someone came out and something not under Warranty they would charge costs for travelling time etc.I !! Not good enough Bosch,have been told that it is not a problem of incorrect pump from the water tank. I was told by Bosch that was probably the problem.Will never buy a Bosch appliance again.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Nigel

NigelCowra

Installation was wrong and minimal support from Bosch when contacted with issue

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Stay away from this

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Brian5858

Brian5858MELBOURNE

Lasted 7 years then died.

Has been getting colder for the last few years so technically only lasted 5 years before having problems. Water temperature doesn't keeps fluctuating so your constantly having to adjust between hot and cold. If you have a water save tap it doesn't even kick in to turn on the hot water so I can't get hot water out of my bathroom tap and never have been able to. Don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedJun 2012

carlossamigos

carlossamigosAU

Bosch hydrofailure

Bought this 7 years ago and has finally died. After 5 years in service the heat exchanger blew a hole allowing water to escape, Bosch covered the cost of the part but labour was at my expense. Then the water adjustment valve leaked and had to have that repaired. Unit allows fluctuated with heating the water. Cabinet is totally rusted. Updated to a rheem metro 16. When i asked about direct replacement unit for Bosch they recommended the rheem over Bosch.
Good better Bosch? Don't think so

Date PurchasedMar 2010
Lisa

LisaMelb

Moronic gnomes in Siberia would heat water faster...

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Will NEVER buy Bosch again.

Our water bill has doubled since changing to Bosch HydroPower. Water can sometimes take several minutes to get hot, other times water gets lukewarm then goes cold again so you wait another few minutes for water to heat up. Really annoying when you're rushing to work in the morning & you have to wait several minutes for hot water. Warranty is useless too. Plumbing & Gas Guys will charge me $150.00 call out fee & Bosch will also charge me $155.00 call out fee. Warranty is non existent, Bosch is only interested in being paid, customer service doesn't exist either

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Extreme difficulty balancing shower temp'

Extremely difficult to balance water temperature in shower; hot water often cuts out altogether. Spent so much time and hassle adjusting water temp/flow at unit. (Had nothing to compare its performance with as hot water system had to be replaced soon after purchasing home) NOW I know where the problem lies after reading a previous review here! (Incidentally, due to this I placed my elderly father in a hursing home earlier than necessary ... trying to help him shower became a sheer nightmare. Finding this out years later, I'm very upset!

Date PurchasedNov 2009

bog balls

bog ballsPort fairy

have 3 of these in units lpg model

The units give very little trouble, the power igniter and pilot jet are the only 2 things that ever have given trouble in 15y.o units. They are getting a bit rusty now so will buy new units exactly the same.
They are very simple for most handy men to repair.
I can diagnose most problems in a few 2nds amd most is to do with dirty gas.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Gone a million

Gone a millionSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cold as my mother in law's kiss

Date PurchasedJul 2012

Arthur JACOBSasked

How do I light it

Hello

David

The unit should light when you start water flow through the hot tap. When you open a hot water tap the flow starts & the igniter starts sparking which you would hear if you listen at the heater. We have found that the ignition sparks but the unit is spasmodic at starting and we now turn on one or more taps to get maximum water flow and it mostly starts after about 5 to 20 times. We are almost at the point of replacing with another make of unit and dread the arrival of our next water bill.

Arthur JACOBS

Thanks for answering I will try and see how I go

Samantha B.

Samantha B.asked

Our hot water went out yesterday and we cannot get a gas fitter till who knows when. It clicks but no hot water. What do we do?

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Samantha, we're sorry to hear about the issues that you're facing with your unit.

The unit has most likely locked out due to a failure to ignite. We suggest that you turn off all the hot water taps and try again. If the unit still doesn't work, you will need to isolate the valves at the unit for 20 seconds, then reopen the valves and try again.

If the unit still won't work, we suggest that you refer to a qualified service technician by getting in touch with us at 1300 30 70 37 any time between 8:30am to 6:00pm (AEST) from Monday to Friday.

Damoasked

Hello,
Our. Bosb hydropower 16H is not heating. We have turned the hot water on for awhile to see if it reignites and nothing happens. Gas is ok, what else could be going wrong?

Te Manihera
Te Manihera

I don’t know what the part is called but it was a $300 fix . like a thermostat but wasn’t called that... it’s role was to generate the gas flow into the box. Which was broken and slowed the flow of gas hence why it would not heat up

Damo

Thanks Thos could be the issue we are booking a service on it.

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Damo, thank you for your question, we're sorry to hear about the issues that you are currently experiencing.
It is likely that the unit has locked out due to the failure to reignite as you mentioned. You will need to turn off all hot water taps and try again.
If it still does not reignite, then isolate the valves at the unit for 20 seconds. Then open and retry.
If after this it still fails to ignite, please refer to a qualified technician, our friendly customer service team can assist you. Please get in touch at 1300 30 70 37 any time from 8am to 6pm (AEST) during the weekday to assist you.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives