Bosch HydroPower

Bosch HydroPower (page 2 of 14)

10H, 13H and 16H

See the Best Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Fixer

Fixer

easy fix for my problem

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Brian5858

Brian5858MELBOURNE

Lasted 7 years then died.

Has been getting colder for the last few years so technically only lasted 5 years before having problems. Water temperature doesn't keeps fluctuating so your constantly having to adjust between hot and cold. If you have a water save tap it doesn't even kick in to turn on the hot water so I can't get hot water out of my bathroom tap and never have been able to. Don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedJun 2012

carlossamigos

carlossamigosAU

Bosch hydrofailure

Bought this 7 years ago and has finally died. After 5 years in service the heat exchanger blew a hole allowing water to escape, Bosch covered the cost of the part but labour was at my expense. Then the water adjustment valve leaked and had to have that repaired. Unit allows fluctuated with heating the water. Cabinet is totally rusted. Updated to a rheem metro 16. When i asked about direct replacement unit for Bosch they recommended the rheem over Bosch.
Good better Bosch? Don't think so

Date PurchasedMar 2010
Lisa

LisaMelb

Moronic gnomes in Siberia would heat water faster...

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Daryl

Daryl

Hot then Cold Problem Solved

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Will NEVER buy Bosch again.

Our water bill has doubled since changing to Bosch HydroPower. Water can sometimes take several minutes to get hot, other times water gets lukewarm then goes cold again so you wait another few minutes for water to heat up. Really annoying when you're rushing to work in the morning & you have to wait several minutes for hot water. Warranty is useless too. Plumbing & Gas Guys will charge me $150.00 call out fee & Bosch will also charge me $155.00 call out fee. Warranty is non existent, Bosch is only interested in being paid, customer service doesn't exist either

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Product has electrical fault (ghost)

Date PurchasedJan 2018

BBWE16

BBWE16Melbourne, Victoria

BE WARNED, FIRE HAZARD!

Last night I woke to the system pouring out with water. I turned the water mains off to them hear a hissing and strong smell of gas. This morning upon inspection the system had caught on fire! Melting the casing caused the water to pour out which must have put out the fire. I'm waiting a replacement now but very thankful it happened when I was home and awake (happened after a shower). Beside this I have always had trouble getting this system to actually work. Persistently turning the taps on and off to get the hot water to kick in. Very happy its being replaced, but still in shock about the gas catching on fire after a shower.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

Brett

BrettMelbourne

Waste of time and money, zero stars

Date PurchasedJun 2012

Extreme difficulty balancing shower temp'

Extremely difficult to balance water temperature in shower; hot water often cuts out altogether. Spent so much time and hassle adjusting water temp/flow at unit. (Had nothing to compare its performance with as hot water system had to be replaced soon after purchasing home) NOW I know where the problem lies after reading a previous review here! (Incidentally, due to this I placed my elderly father in a hursing home earlier than necessary ... trying to help him shower became a sheer nightmare. Finding this out years later, I'm very upset!

Date PurchasedNov 2009

bog balls

bog ballsPort fairy

have 3 of these in units lpg model

The units give very little trouble, the power igniter and pilot jet are the only 2 things that ever have given trouble in 15y.o units. They are getting a bit rusty now so will buy new units exactly the same.
They are very simple for most handy men to repair.
I can diagnose most problems in a few 2nds amd most is to do with dirty gas.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Gone a million

Gone a millionSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cold as my mother in law's kiss

Date PurchasedJul 2012

Don’t ever buy a Bosch gas hot water system. Mine didn’t last 7 years when the hydro failed

If you are looking to install or fix a Bosch hot water system I recommend scrapping you unit and replacing it with a reliable brand. Our gas fitter sourced $270 worth of parts to replace the hydropower and to refurb the main chamber, this didn’t work so the unit had to be scrapped. This cost a considerable amount of money. We would have been much better off to replace the unit as soon as it failed with a reliable brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Bosch HydroPower *** Forget the HydroPower part if the turbine breaks.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

Perfectly fine

We've had a 16H for about 17 years. It has been serviced once in that time. We've never had any trouble to speak of. Very occasionally it doesn't start first time, but you just turn off the tap and turn it back on and it starts okay. This might happen perhaps once or twice a year. For us living on solar power (no mains) it has been perfect.

Date PurchasedApr 2000
Ian L

Ian LRedland Bay

Finally fixed - It's gone

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Kirby75

Kirby75Brisbane

Plagued by problems

We have had the system for a few years now so it maybe an older model. But it has broken down many times it has been expensive to repair. I often have to let the shower run for 2 minutes or more before the hot water comes through. In winter it takes ages for the water to be hot rather than just Luke warm. I need a new machine and I would never get one like this again.

Date PurchasedOct 2007

Unreliable

Breaks down to many breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money breaks down to many times and always forking out money

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Horsing Around

Horsing AroundMelbourne

Brilliant for the farm

Our hydropower 16 has been a dream. 14 years of reliable service. On a farm with no mains power, heating water is a dream with an lpg tank. we recently had a plastic part split in the frost. Time will tell whether bosch can assist with the part. I am hopeful though.

Date PurchasedFeb 2003

Pilbaramet

Pilbaramet

Piece of scrap metal

I bought a 100 acre farm with a renovated farm house and a Bosch 16H LPG Hotwater system 12 months ago. Been nothing but a failure and an expensive gas guzzling failure at that for 12 months. Like a lot of Bosch products it is a disappointment. Avoid avoid avoid.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Wayne

Wayneasked

HydroPower 13H

Purchased 08/2012, have already replaced the diaphragm twice. (Part # 1318116)
Now the unit will start, heat and operated for only a few minutes, Max 5, before the gas shuts down and flames out. Will restart but goes out after 10 -15 seconds. What is my next [art to replace. Wayne

Arthur JACOBSasked

HydroPower 16H

How do I light it

Hello

David

The unit should light when you start water flow through the hot tap. When you open a hot water tap the flow starts & the igniter starts sparking which you would hear if you listen at the heater. We have found that the ignition sparks but the unit is spasmodic at starting and we now turn on one or more taps to get maximum water flow and it mostly starts after about 5 to 20 times. We are almost at the point of replacing with another make of unit and dread the arrival of our next water bill.

Arthur JACOBS

Thanks for answering I will try and see how I go

Richie G

Richie Gasked

HydroPower 13H

how do you turn hot water temperature up

Lucei
Lucei

Sorry but the unit is rubbish, I have had three plumbers in to try and get hot water but all say there is nothing they can do. They have contacted the Bosch technical team and spoken to them while they were here and the answer by the technical side was there was nothing more that could be done. The unit is useless.

David

We cannot turn the temperature up more than maximum on the unit, I have a shower on full heat! We have to turn the tap on a number of times to get the heater to work. I will never buy another Bosch product.

Bosch Hot Water & Heating
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Richie, thanks for your question. Please be informed that a few alterations can be made to increase the hot water temperature.

Inside the unit there are 2 temperature adjustments that can be made: a slide control that controls the gas burner and a round dial on the water valve. Slide the control to the right to increase the burner and temperature, you can also turn the round dial clockwise to increase the temperature.

If these are already set to the maximum settings, then a service is required. Services are recommended every 2 years. If you need assistance with getting in touch with an approved service agent, please call us at 1300 30 70 37 any time between 7:30AM and 6PM (AEST) on a weekday.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives

1.5
Bosch Hot Water & Heating HydroPower 16H

Bosch Hot Water & Heating HydroPower 16H

1.9
CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water Systems
Price (RRP)850905920