Bosch Home Appliances KGN53X70AU (Stainless Steel)

Bosch Home Appliances KGN53X70AU (Stainless Steel)

1.5

• Internal Layout
Jacqui

Jacqui

I must be one of the lucky ones

I had no idea of the issues with this fridge, I bought mine in 2011 for a new house along with my Bosch dishwasher and oven. I particularly wanted a largish freezer on the bottom and a stainless exterior. KGN53X70au is still working perfectly, no thermostat issues at all (touch wood), I love the spacious interior and nice layout. Like others have mentioned there is a downside in that there is no warning alarm if the freezer door is left open and that's been the only time/s the freezer compartment has iced up. It is rather noisy sometimes but I just put that down to its age. I found these reviews while looking for a replacement freezer bin as I severely cracked mine by accident the other day by being a bit rough on it. I'm in NZ.

Purchased in August 2011.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Freezer failure

Like the unit nicely set up inside.
Freezer section no longer maintaines temperature, nearest service agent charges $200 for travel plus call charge and first 15 minutes $120, considering 2 service visits plus parts, best est cost to repair $600 to $800, no thanks purchased a replacement. Believe we should have got better service life from the Bosch Fridge: Freezer.

Date PurchasedApr 2010

Hi Rob,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch KGN53X70AU Fridge.
if we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Mathew

MathewAuckland

Horrible Fridge

Just like everyone else here. We bought the fridge in 2009 used for 6months then in storage until 2015. We used from 2015 to now may 2018 when we bought a new fridge, from another brand. Overall it was used for less than 4 years. After the years in storage the first year back worked fine, then it started to freeze the vegetable drawer. If I lowered the temperature then the top shelves would be warm. I left a thermometer inside and it registered 14 degrees on top and -2 on the vegetable drawer. I'm glad they discontinued this product.

Date PurchasedDec 2009
Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Bosch Home Appliances KGN53X70AU (Stainless Steel) compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Sam GiaBrisbane

It was perfect in the beginning now it’s terrible

I loved the spacious fridge at the beginning but now the salad and fresh vegetables in the salad draw gets ruined regularly from the fridge getting to cold from the freezer below.
And recently the bottom of the freezer forms a large thick layer of ice which makes it hard to slide the draw open and shut. And I’m now worried this is using extra electricity. We had looked at getting the seal replaced but the help line said that would not help. Now we are stuck with a fridge freezer that we are not happy with

Date PurchasedJul 2009
cwh

cwhMelbourne

Good

I love the fridge, especially the two big chiller boxes which works perfect for vegetable and meat, keep them fresh for days. The food in my old fridge always get frozen even in the veggie box, but this never happened with this Bosch fridge. The only complaint is that the freezer is too small, not enough storage space sometimes.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

HelenmLismore nsw

Freezer icing up, freezing fridge compartment foods

endless trouble with the sheets of ice forming in the freezer floor, now the contents of the fridge are freezing. Will turn it off for a few days as suggested in another post and hope that fixes the problem. Would not by another Bosch. Have been having problems for a few years.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

Worst Fridge Ever!!!

After just 2 years of purchase the door fell off!!! Please don't buy this product. The freezer also was unable to make ice for the longest amount of time. The service centre sent someone who seemed to know less about the product then us. The fridge would regularly heat up.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Binnie

BinnieBrisbane

Worst fridge ever!!!!!

I had problems with it from day one, with in the first week they had to replace the fridge. Now a year and a half later the freezer section doesn't work i had to throw away hundreds of dollars worth of meat due to it defrosting in the freezer section. I had a fisher and pykel for 12 years and did not have any of this, when i got rid of it it was still in perfect working order. I will never buy a bosch ever again they should stick to hand tools. It is loud and very hot on the outsides.

BoschHomeAUBosch Home Appliances

Had freezing veg problem - fixed it!!

Noodle

NoodleMullumbimby

Worst purchase ever!

Mindy

MindyWhangarei

Bosch KGN53X70AU Fridge Freezer

I have been very happy with my Bosch Fridge Freezer since day one. It maintains a perfect temperature throughout the fridge and freezer and is very easy to clean and looks great to look at. I especially like the ease of access and the generous amount of shelves and accessories. The freezer bins are easy to slide in and out and hold a good amount of frozen goods. I make ice cream and it is always at the perfect consistency.

Another Victim Here

Like everyone else I thought I was spending more to get some assurance of quality from a reputable European brand. Ditto all the other woes, frozen veggies, milk, etc. freezer draws jamming, blocked by sheet ice. Now after less than three years the fridge has stopped working altogether. I will be interested to see the Bosch response.

Costly mistake in trusting Bosch

Vegetable compartments freezing fruit and Vegs, door not shutting properly. We put up with these inconveniences, then the freezer wouldn't freeze, after three visits from the technician who first said it was a faulty switch then the thermal fuse and finally decided the appliance needs to go to workshop at even more cost. We can't decide whether to risk another several hundred dollars for an appliance which may stop functioning again. We have Bosch washer, dryer and dishwasher but will never buy Bosch again and will advise friends not to bother also

Vicky Thompson
Vicky Thompson
Mia M

Mia MProvidence

The most expensive and the most horrible fridge I've ever had

BoschHomeAU S.Bosch Home Appliances

Not happy...

Bought in 2011. Did not last longer than 3 and a half years. Hundreds of dollars down the drain replacing the compressor and then thermostat sensors. Still not working. Very disappointed.

Jim C

Jim CSydney, NSW

Water freezing in the bottom of the freezer section

Valy

ValyWollongong

Very disappointed, so much food waisted! What is Bosch doing about this model's so popular issue?

BoschHomeAUBosch Home Appliances

After sales girl denied there was a problem with this model....

Cara.C
Cara.C
hayleybrooks

hayleybrooks

I hate this fridge!!!

Double door freezer

Reading all these reveiws and the feedback from bosch , i have not seen anyone post what this problem is, my fridge is doing the exact same as all these other complaints , freezing everything in the crisper and wasting a s*%t load of food. What is the problem with this, it is not "isolated incidents " as you say. Bosch has a major flaw with this fridge and it should be fixed. This has been going on with mine for months and i have just been defrosting it myself , works again ok for a few months then begins freezing everything again. Bosch we need an answer as this product/model is bad

Freezes everything in the lower fridge

BoschHomeAU S.Bosch Home Appliances
See all Bosch KGN53X00AU / KGN53X70AU reviews

Gary

Garyasked

KGN53X70AU (Stainless Steel)

is there a tip for the door not closing properly ? at least once a week we find the light is very hot because the door has not closed properly and the food is warm. surely a fridge at this price has a warning sound if you leave the door open

Jen
Jen

I experience the same issue, and no, there is no warning sound!
The salesperson I went to for it's second problem in less than a year, stated this brand in a lemon!

Hi Gary,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your door.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

andyasked

KGN53X70AU (Stainless Steel)

I have had a dreadful run with our 7 yr old fridge .First it was icing up in the so called frost free freezer now the freezer can't even freeze a cold pack . Technician tells us to defrost and switch on again . I want to remove top panel in freezer to remove the ice build up there. I have removed the 3 obvious screws should that release the panel or is ice stopping it from coming out ?
Andy

Sam Gia

Hi I got in touch with BOSCH they sent an engineer to check the problem, then ordered bpnew parts free of charge and are coming back to fix the problem Tuesday again at no charge hopefully this will sort out the icing problem. I will keep you posted.

andy

Thanks Sam . BOSCH to date has been very quick to distance themselves from the problems .Pointing out that the fridge is out of warranty
Is yours ?

Ann L

Ann Lasked

KGN53X70AU (Stainless Steel)

Purchased on 20/04/09 this fridge has worked perfectly.
The only annoying thing is the vegetable drawers often don't slide all the way in easily and the door can then be slightly open until you notice that.
Now I have major rust happenening for no apparent reason.
Rust is spreading along the top and bottom edges of the stainless steel doors so fast it is worsening by the day.
Please advise if this can be remedied by replacement of the outer skin or other solution.
Please advise the email address I might send photos to.

Ann L

Hi Ann L,

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch KGN53X70AU Refrigerator and can appreciate your disappointment.

You can send us photos of the appliance at aftersales.au@bshg.com please include your contact details and a brief description of the issue.

If we can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours.

Regards, BoschHomeAu