The best performance Washing machine I ever had

I am using this washing machine since late 2017 and I am absolutely in love with the performance and quality of this product
very smart
quality of wash even with fast wash option
super quick
really low noise
and the variety of washing options

Purchased in September 2017 at Winning Appliances for $1,018.00.

Noise Level
Hi Shah, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch  washing machine WAW28460AU we're glad to hear that you enjoying your appliance . If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

No water supply hose in new WAW28460AU wash machine

I just bought a new WAW28460AU from David Jones. I checked everywhere in the box and machine, and can't find water supply hose. I contacted David Jones and Bosch, they said they have to take 2-3 business days to investigate this problem. I can't believe Bosch can make this mistake. And I have to wait for 2-3 weeks to delivery after they contact me if Bosch has this part.

Purchased in March 2019.

Hi Ceci,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your WAW28460AU washing machine. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5070 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.I received Bosch Email and replied my machine's details at 5Apr. Until this moment, no one contacts me. I have to call Bosch to check. Good news is Bosch said I could receive the parts in 2-3 days.Hi Ceci Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your WAW28460AU washing machine , please be advised that we have not received an email from you please resend it and quote BSH5070 in the subject line and send to socialmedia.au@bshg.com, We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Great product

Very good water efficiency and washes clothes very good no issues in 5 years Bosch washing machine was a very wise choice made will highly recommend it ppl looking for washing machines

Purchased in January 2014.

Hi Asim, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch  washing machine WAW28460AU , we're glad to hear that. you're enjoying your new appliance. Thank you for sharing your feedback. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Amazing can’t live without it

I bought it 3 years ago, Very quiet and hard working, amazing water economic one
Very satisfied with cycle time and saving energy, variety of programs suited all kinds of clothing I recommend it to everyone

Purchased in July 2016 at The Good Guys.

https://www.productreview.com.au/reviews/4acf2727-9c76-4e40-acc7-8d80bebbc9d9Hi Samir,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're satisfied with the variety of programs and energy saving. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Life savior

Good for dark,light,woolen,cotton,sports clothes. Great capacity and quite. Alarm beeps once done. Functions display screen pretty much describes everything. I operate it twice a week and is working very good for me. Clothes are handled gently and color remain intact.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Noise Level
Hi Priyanka B.,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch  WAW28460AU washing machine .We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the programmes the machine offers you. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Perfect, but died young

I thought buying into a top tiered brand would last longer then 3 years. A terrific quality wash ever time. However, the function display screen is died Thursday, gone because an insect (cockroach) Qld, decided to play behind it. $500 to replace the part is crazy for a machine costing $970. I hate being pushed for extended warranty on every appliance I’ve brought now; but this has to be considered cost effective if manufacturers are using a lot more electronic components and not effectively sealing these essential fittings. Cockroaches can withstand nuclear disaster. My Bosch can’t survive a cockroach, it’s disappointing. I really loved this mashine but I’ll have to go back to top loader push button components.

Purchased in April 2016 at The Good Guys for $970.00.

Noise Level
Hi JMJ,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with your washing machine. We'd like to look into the matter further for you to see if we assist. If you could please email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4944 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

It's bigger, quieter and only uses 57 litres of water per wash. Very happy.

This machine is amazingly water economical. Living in a drought area, we're only allowed 120L per person each day. The Bosch is so quiet I can't hear it running from upstairs. It weighs the washing and has heaps of cycles. Yesterday I loaded it up with sheets, towels, clothing etc on a mixed load after struggling with an old washer for months and sat down and watched the full cycle. It was better than TV and no ads. The 8K size means I can wash my bedspread at home and not have to go to the Laundromat. Wash day is no longer an ordeal.

Purchased in March 2019 at HARVEY NORMAN for $997.00.

Noise Level
Hi Savannah,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you've found the appliance so quiet and the size of the machine is suitable for all your items. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Works great

Probably one of the best machines I’ve used.

Works as it should, probably the only downside is the touchpad...

Physical buttons would of been a much better option.
But super qiuet and works very well.

Purchased in March 2019 at Appliances Online for $969.00.

Hi Dj B,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch washing machine, we're glad to hear that it's one of the best machines you've used. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Love this washing machine - saves time, money and water!

The 15 minute cycle is amazing no matter what type of clothing - cottons, synthetics. Perfect wash in no time. There are various cycles that my flatmate uses and has commented on how good the machine is compared with a front loader she had that took a minimum of 1hr 30mins to do any load. Better than other top and front loaders I have had. I am so happy with it I have bought a 2nd one for my rental unit as it saves on water and electricity compared to the other machine I had

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,095.00.

Noise Level
Hi Melissa S,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're so happy with the appliance that you purchased a second one. Thank you for sharing that your finding the 15 minute cycle amazing with any type of clothing. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Buyer Beware

First the nice things, the washing machine has a lot of wash options (although you'll probably only use 3 of them) and the i-Dose detergent function is very handy.
Unfortunately there are a number of negatives including:
- business shirts get either horribly twisted or have to be spun at very low speeds leaving them sopping wet before you hang them out (the dryer can't handle them due to how heavy they are)
- washing cycles always take longer than expected after the first month, you can access a number of other reviews regarding the reasons for it but if you see a 1 hour wash it will take closer to 1.5 hours
- CHECK YOUR FILTERS BEFORE WASHING ANYTHING! If you're like me and assume that the drain plug will loosen up and you'll be able to empty the filter then think again. It's a catch-22, the drain plug won't turn so you can't clean the filter, the filter is required to be maintained so you don't void the warranty, can't clean the filter and Bosch don't accept that it was a manufacturing defect. Check it immediately and get a replacement if it is stuck before you do any washing because to fix the drain plug if it is blocked essentially requires a service technician or plumber.
- Overall the machine does an OK wash although at this price it is nowhere near value for money, I steered clear of a top loader due to the agitator twisting business shirts up (this machine ironically creates that exact problem) and if you have a coin, collar stay, or bobby pin left in your wash at any stage expect a $250 service bill to fix the machine. For that cost after 12 months I'd buy a Korean or Japanese machine and get a top loader, far better value for money.
German engineering...all I can say is that if they can't design a better machine by now I won't be buying Bosch again, particularly because their warranty isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Any of the other 1 star reviews will show you that Bosch will avoid their warranty using any excuse possible.

Purchased in June 2018 for $900.00.

Noise Level
Hi IDJ,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your washing machine. We would be happy to look into this matter further for you, to see if we can help out in anyway. In order to protect our customer's privacy, we're unable to discuss your personal information online.  If you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4657 in the subject line. We’ll investigate further for you. Or you can call us on 1300 369 744 to discuss.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.I've already spoke to the Bosch representatives at the time I rang up about the issue, the first lady was absolutely lovely and extremely helpful, checked that I'd run through all the basic stuff and had maintained the machine before booking in the service call. The second lady was the complete opposite, basically her only interest was in avoiding the warranty and arguing that if I'd called earlier then things might have been different which is absolute rubbish, the same excuse would have been applied at any point in time to avoid any responsibility for repair. I've paid my $230 service bill and can only hope that by posting this review I save a few other people from experiencing the same problem by not purchasing this machine.Hi IDJ, Thanks for an update on your Bosch washing machine We would still like to investigate further for you. If you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4657 in the subject line. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Love it

I didn't appreciate this machine enough until u studied the wash cycles in the manual and experimented with what worked best for what type of material. Now I love it. Well worth it, I get exactly what I want.

Purchased in June 2018.

Noise Level
Hi JDP,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing Machine. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the wash cycles on the machine. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

First front loader

Bought my first front loader & still trying to figure out if I like it. Plenty of great functions & looks modern. Have not yet cleaned any filters so will have to see how that goes. Cleans clothing well. Vibrates abit on spin cycle

Purchased in September 2018 for $359.00.

Noise Level

Faulty Bosch front load washing machine.

Bought machine October last year. Malfunctioned 13/1. Suds and water seeped into the adjacent bedroom ruining the carpet. Technician informed me as there is now mould on carpet and spores in air, room is unhealthy and door must remain closed. Provided proof of purchase. Bosch technician inspected 21/1. Bosch accepted liability. Have promised several times ro replace. February 4 I still await replacement. Why the reluctance by a so-called reputable company? How long must I continue to wash by hand. Mary harris

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Mary , Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your washing machine.In order to protect our customer's privacy, we're unable to discuss your personal information online.  If you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4525 in the subject line. We’ll investigate further for you. Or you can call us on 1300 369 744 to discuss.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Very good for the price

Very good machine for the price, however some of the options are very time consuming. We seem to mostly use the shorter cycles as we struggle to see a difference between those and the longer cycles. Overall, very happy with how they wash though especially for the sale price we were able to get it for.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi PatRich68, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great washing machine - easy to use

Purchased around 8 months ago and it's going strong. We usually use the "Mix" cycle for our daily wash and our clothes turn out clean but not damaged. The "SuperQuick" 15 minutes cycle is great for washing towels after cleaning the house. The "rinse and drain" is great for washing swimmers. The only complaint is that we found the machine smelling damp if we don't keep the machine door and detergent compartment open when the machine is not in use. We also found the smell is worse if we use low temperature to wash out clothes (say 20c or below). After some youtubing, it appears that the detergent doesn't get washed off completely in lower temp washes or something, but now that we up to the temp to 30c plus for most washes the smell has go away.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Karen A,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Amazing in every way.

We bought this to replace our 5 year old LG which was shaking the house down I was worried that this was going to be just as bad but it’s amainglt quite. We are washing every second day with cloth nappies and it’s perfect. I like how you can choose when the cycle will finish so I am start it before i go to bed and it will finish at 8 rather than beeping at 4 in the morning.
The eco perfect and speed perfect do as they should. The selection of cycles, temps, speeds and options is fantastic.

Highly Recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi AI C, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing machine.We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the machines choice of wash cycles. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Replacement for 15 year old Bosch.

Our 15 year old Bosch front loader wasn't pumping out properly, so rather than repair it and something else go wrong due to its age ,we replaced it with a new Bosch . Initially concerned with the smell when it is operating but we'll see how it goes over the next couple of weeks. Hope it's as good as the unit it replaced.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Bushmagpie,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great machine while it lasted - 7 days

After our LG front loader died after 4 years, I thought we'd spend a bit more and get a better washer that might last longer. I was wrong... Lasted 7 days before the motor went and was make a banging sound afterwards.
Before it did stop working it washed well, down side was the display panel is a bit slow. First and last German product I'll ever buy. Took it back and went with a Samsung.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Dean, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had issues with your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing Machine. If we can be of any help to you in the future, feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Great Little Machine

I required a compact machine for my new apartment - the Bosch has proven to be perfect, very quiet, completely reliable and have achieved excellent results across all garments including wools, delicates, whites, linen, towels and colours. Haven't used all the features but, so far, very pleased with the machine. Its is a little more expensive than the average machine, but I feel its worth the extra.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Eleanor,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine and we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good performance at a reasonable value.

We were concerned changing over to a front loader as we had heard many stories of poor wash performance and long cycles. So we took a plunge on the Bosch unit and have not looked back. The shortest cycle is 15 Mins and most washes can be finished in well under the hour. The only concern I have was that the time for some wash cycles could get pushed out about 15 mins more than specified. However a call to the Bosch centre outlined that this can happen as the machines can extend a wash depending on type of items and weight. The automatic dosing is great and it has saved us quite a bit on laundry detergent.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Jon M, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU Front Loader washing machine. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the quick wash function and automatic dosage feature. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Does this machine allow to use cold, warm and hot wash choices?
Hi Julie,  Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine. Depending on what stage the programme is in, you can change the set temperature before and during the programme from cold to maximum temperature. The maximum temperature that can be set depends on the programme that has been selected. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home AustraliaFantastic, thank you for your quick response

I have a new WAW28620AU machine, love it, only use the 15 min cycle on cold water, which does everything I need. However, I like to handwash delicate fabrics and then spin them only. I simply cant find a "spin only" programme. Does it have one? Kaye
Hi Kaye,  Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine. If you would like to access spin only set the programme to 'Rinse / Spin'. You will find that Rinse Plus is set by default for this programme. Therefore if you require a spin cycle only, press the 'rinse plus' button to deactivate the function. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home AustraliaHi Kaye, Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine. If you would like to access spin only set the programme to 'Rinse / Spin'. You will find that Rinse Plus is set by default for this programme. Therefore if you require a spin cycle only, press the 'rinse plus' button to deactivate the function. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Price (RRP) $1,599
Capacity8 kg
FeaturesAuto Balancing and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4 star(s)