Love it

I didn't appreciate this machine enough until u studied the wash cycles in the manual and experimented with what worked best for what type of material. Now I love it. Well worth it, I get exactly what I want.

Purchased .

Noise Level
Quiet
Hi JDP,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing Machine. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the wash cycles on the machine. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

First front loader

Bought my first front loader & still trying to figure out if I like it. Plenty of great functions & looks modern. Have not yet cleaned any filters so will have to see how that goes. Cleans clothing well. Vibrates abit on spin cycle

Purchased for $359.00.

Good
Good
Noise Level
Quiet

Faulty Bosch front load washing machine.

Bought machine October last year. Malfunctioned 13/1. Suds and water seeped into the adjacent bedroom ruining the carpet. Technician informed me as there is now mould on carpet and spores in air, room is unhealthy and door must remain closed. Provided proof of purchase. Bosch technician inspected 21/1. Bosch accepted liability. Have promised several times ro replace. February 4 I still await replacement. Why the reluctance by a so-called reputable company? How long must I continue to wash by hand. Mary harris

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Mary , Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your washing machine.In order to protect our customer's privacy, we're unable to discuss your personal information online.  If you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4525 in the subject line. We’ll investigate further for you. Or you can call us on 1300 369 744 to discuss.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Very good for the price

Very good machine for the price, however some of the options are very time consuming. We seem to mostly use the shorter cycles as we struggle to see a difference between those and the longer cycles. Overall, very happy with how they wash though especially for the sale price we were able to get it for.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi PatRich68, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great washing machine - easy to use

Purchased around 8 months ago and it's going strong. We usually use the "Mix" cycle for our daily wash and our clothes turn out clean but not damaged. The "SuperQuick" 15 minutes cycle is great for washing towels after cleaning the house. The "rinse and drain" is great for washing swimmers. The only complaint is that we found the machine smelling damp if we don't keep the machine door and detergent compartment open when the machine is not in use. We also found the smell is worse if we use low temperature to wash out clothes (say 20c or below). After some youtubing, it appears that the detergent doesn't get washed off completely in lower temp washes or something, but now that we up to the temp to 30c plus for most washes the smell has go away.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Karen A,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Amazing in every way.

We bought this to replace our 5 year old LG which was shaking the house down I was worried that this was going to be just as bad but it’s amainglt quite. We are washing every second day with cloth nappies and it’s perfect. I like how you can choose when the cycle will finish so I am start it before i go to bed and it will finish at 8 rather than beeping at 4 in the morning.
The eco perfect and speed perfect do as they should. The selection of cycles, temps, speeds and options is fantastic.

Highly Recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi AI C, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing machine.We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the machines choice of wash cycles. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Replacement for 15 year old Bosch.

Our 15 year old Bosch front loader wasn't pumping out properly, so rather than repair it and something else go wrong due to its age ,we replaced it with a new Bosch . Initially concerned with the smell when it is operating but we'll see how it goes over the next couple of weeks. Hope it's as good as the unit it replaced.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Bushmagpie,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great machine while it lasted - 7 days

After our LG front loader died after 4 years, I thought we'd spend a bit more and get a better washer that might last longer. I was wrong... Lasted 7 days before the motor went and was make a banging sound afterwards.
Before it did stop working it washed well, down side was the display panel is a bit slow. First and last German product I'll ever buy. Took it back and went with a Samsung.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Dean, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had issues with your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing Machine. If we can be of any help to you in the future, feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Great Little Machine

I required a compact machine for my new apartment - the Bosch has proven to be perfect, very quiet, completely reliable and have achieved excellent results across all garments including wools, delicates, whites, linen, towels and colours. Haven't used all the features but, so far, very pleased with the machine. Its is a little more expensive than the average machine, but I feel its worth the extra.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Eleanor,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine and we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good performance at a reasonable value.

We were concerned changing over to a front loader as we had heard many stories of poor wash performance and long cycles. So we took a plunge on the Bosch unit and have not looked back. The shortest cycle is 15 Mins and most washes can be finished in well under the hour. The only concern I have was that the time for some wash cycles could get pushed out about 15 mins more than specified. However a call to the Bosch centre outlined that this can happen as the machines can extend a wash depending on type of items and weight. The automatic dosing is great and it has saved us quite a bit on laundry detergent.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Jon M, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU Front Loader washing machine. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the quick wash function and automatic dosage feature. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Super quiet machine

I had a Bosch washing machine which stared giving some issue with hot water cycle after using it for nearly 12 years. I didn't have a second thought while purchasing a new one, went for this model of Bosch and didn't go wrong. Super easy to use and quiet one - does it job peacefully. This 8kg one can load lot of clothes and fits most of hte quilts as well. After using it for a year, I can't find any fault with it and will gladly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a reliable washing machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi SSD, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the peace and quiet. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Love it!!

As a family of 4 with two small children, I do a lot of washing. This has been a great machine, good size. Washes really well!! Has maybe too good of agitation as a lot of detergents can get quite sudsy. So if you are buying this machine, keep an eye on it till you work out how much detergent you actually need!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Emma,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're loving the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great Value Machine with huge 65 litre drum and 590mm overall depth

A Bosch WAW28460AU was installed in our house early in November 2018. The machine was purchased and installed by E&S Trading who provided a competitive price and great service.

Fitting a washing machine under a 600mm deep bench was critical and the Bosch WAW28460AU has a 65 litre drum and is 590mm deep.

The 65 litre drum is huge for a 590mm deep machine and takes considerable more laundry than our old Asko W6222.

The motor is brushless so no more stopping dead without notice and brushes requiring replacement.

There is plenty of length in the drain and inlet hoses. The inlet hose has the solenoid an valve at the tap end which eliminates hoses bursting without notice.

The Bosch WAW28460AU is extremely quiet is fairly easy to use and washes well.

Our household has 7 members. As result it is used frequently and our household will test the reliability and durability.

The Choice test rates it 50% for gentleness so we’ll see how the clothes wear. The old Asko W6222 was noticeably gentle on clothes.

Bosch rates OK in the ethical buying guide. Only Miele rates higher.

The only real negative is the time of the wash cycles. The ‘Cottons’ cycle defaults to the ‘speed perfect’ option that has a wash time of 1.0 hr. This is fine for 4-5 kg lightly soiled load. Anything more than 5kg and/or more than lightly soiled the full ‘Cottons’ cycle is required which is 2&3/4 hrs. The machine can sense a lighter load on the cottons cycles and the cycle time is reduced. For a full 7-8kg load there is no program between 1 and 2&3/4 hrs. The Asko W6222 would take about 2hrs for a full load.

For a full load using the ‘Cottons’ cycle the delay start function is utilised to operate the machine overnight. As the machine is so quiet that the spin cycle is unnoticed by the occupants of nearby bedrooms.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Robbie D,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine and we're glad to hear it. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Should have bought one years ago.

We bought this machine because we did own a Bosch dishwasher which we couldn't fault. So when our old Electrolux failed for the second time, we new where to look. After setting it up we were confused as this machine was vibrating all over the place when spin drying. So after further reading of the manual we found on page 37 to remove the transport locks. The machine will not work unless you remove these so why isn't this instruction at the front, I don't know. Anyway once the transport locks had been removed this machine is now working amazingly good. It's so quiet and just love how it looks. Only complaint would be so many of the programmes are useless to us and we will never use them. So to sum up, we love the quality, the looks and the ease of use. We did pick this machine because it was German made, had been told German made is the ducks guts.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Ian, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the quality of the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Pretty good. Lots of features

We have washed anything & everything. It's quiet, reliable and blows away the old top loader we once owned. Easy to install, solid & robust. Very good with water usage and also pretty impressive with its energy consumption. The timer works really well as does the cycle options and alert when washing is completed. Can't really fault it?

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Rob, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

What a difference!

After finally having enough of my rubbish Electrolux I changed brands. 5 Years of constant problems. I even gave up a $145 credit voucher if I repurchased Electrolux - not a chance!

Wash cycles are so much shorter than my old machine.
Clothes clean with no problems of soap residue. The trick is not to use as much detergent as the packet says.
I'm trying each program to see how they all work. Add a garment function and quick wash are also handy.
VERY quiet even at 1400rpm spin speed.
All previous service technicians said to never use fabric softner as it wrecks the machine so I'm sticking with that.

German made model. The only thing I'm not sure about is that the drum doesn't spin freely when empty. I put my hand in to turn it to get some socks and it seems to catch.

I love doing the washing now as a mixed load doesn't take 2.5hrs like my old machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Lulu65, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Twelve months on, happy with my purchase

I bought this washing machine a little over a year ago from the Good Guys. My old Whirlpool top loader had reached nearly 18 years old and decided to play up. The new machine was delivered and installed by the retailer with my old machine taken away as well. My initial impression was that it was many decibels quieter than my old clunker. I also was a bit wary as I thought it needed to use more water to wash properly. I knew from all the reviews that I would need to make quite a few adjustments to get used to my new front loader. After a little experimenting with the programs, I settled on using the "mix" program on the "speed perfect" setting for most of my washing which runs about 45 minutes. As I tend to do smaller sorted loads, I have found using about two thirds of the recommended dose of washing power/stain remover works best for me. I am still finding my way with the towels though - trying to get the balance of spin/dryness right, but they fluff up with the first use after washing anyway. No problems with woollens or other lighter fabrics. Heavy duty enough to handle my overalls (cottons) and the dog blankets. It has even managed a queen size wool quilt (I think I might have been a bit ambitious though). No problems or issues with it and I am very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Le Poulet Homme, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine and we’re glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far, If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

3rd time lucky? Must read

Coming from a 6kg Bosch which lasted 8 years, I decided to buy another Bosch.

So I bought this new Bosch WAW28460AU (made in Germany) washing machine. From the 1st day, it had a strong burning rubber smell - so we let it run for a week. Unfortunately, the smell (got stronger) was still there after a week. Called up the retailer to ask for an exchange - and of course they didn't want to do this. So they called up Bosch to book a technician - 5 business days before they could come and have a look. Retailer then offered a new replacement because it took too long.

With the new replacement (2nd unit), it still wasn't functioning properly. It made a loud clinking noise during the wash cycle. This time I needed to call Bosch up, and again I had to wait 5 business days for a technician to come and have a look. The technician spent almost 1.5 hours to try to fix it - again no good, and he had never seen this issue before. And told me it needed to be exchanged.

Just received our 3rd unit (from Bosch) after waiting for a week and seems to be good for now. Will test it out for a week and report back.

PS. When I signed the delivery papers for the 3rd unit, I noticed there was 5 other washing machines for replacement too.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Looking at the review from Mitta I regret for not requesting a full refund when I had a chance. I highly doubt this machine will last for 2 years. Let this posting be our proof should I experience any issues.

Great washing machine..... when it doesn't break down

Great washing machine with the 15 minute cycle. Machine was purchased from Appliances online with a delivery of the next day once purchased online. Bought machine back in January 2018. With the money you spend in a well named product, you wouldn't expect it to breakdown within the first year.
Well ours did, What a nightmare. Appliances online didn't want to know us and lodged a repair for us through Bosch. We were expecting a phone call within 48 hours. What sort of rubbish is 48 hours before returning a call???? Are we not in a 1st world country where we have mobile phones....??? No phone call after 48 hours.
Contacted appliances online and they gave us Bosch's number direct to follow up case. Again, why is the customer having to chase this all up? Poor customer service is what it is. They lodged a job and said I would get a message within the hour via sms of the repairer. No SMS. Followed up the next morning through Bosch to say no message. They sent out another job request and SMS finally come through. Contacted the servicing company on the Central coast they allocated us and went to answering machine. Left 5 messages over 3 days for them and no reply.
Rung Bosch up on the Monday to advise them no contact with the servicing company allocated and advised we wanted a refund to purchase another machine for a faulty machine that broke down within the year. They declined and said they would get another servicing company that day and return call within hour with reply. Again, bitterly disappointed that Bosch didn't return our call. We called them at end of day and advised if no one had rung us by next morning we would be lodging a case with the Fair Trade Ombudsman.
Original servicing company rang back next morning and offered to come the next day, I declined their offer after 4 days of trying to contact them and leaving messages and said it was very unprofessional of them. They advised they would make a complaint to Bosch as they had been given my wrong mobile number. What happened to my 7 messages I left to them over the week....
Second servicing company rang 30 mins later. He would come out first thing next morning. True to his word he showed up. Diagnosed a probable cause and ordered a part. Part didn't come in and a follow up call by servicing tech got them to send the part straight away. Part was replaced 2 weeks after making first call of the fault being a dodgy INVERTER . (I hope others aren't having issues with the inverter, otherwise report to Fair trading in your state) What sort of rubbish turn around time is that and the experience of having to go through all that with me making all the arrangements. I swear BOSCH should be in the business of florist because they make their own arrangements!!!
Last but not least, no compensation whatsoever for having to take our washing of 2 daily baskets to the laundromat for 2 weeks. I invested a large sum of money into your product Bosch and it failed us. Never buying bosch again!!!! Steer clear of them.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Mitta, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear about the service you have received for your washing machine and can appreciate your disappointment. Could you please send us an email at socialmedia@bshg.com. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Happy in every respect

Bought the WAW28460AU model washer 3 months ago to replace a 8 year old Fisher & Paykel. Could not be happier. Easy to operate, quiet and a good range of programs from which to choose. I had briefly considered a Miele but so very glad I opted for the Bosch. Quality, German made - perfect 8 kg machine. I teamed it with the WTH85200AU heat pump dryer which is also a dream to use.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Libby, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the range of programs. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.