Bosch WAW28460AU

Bosch WAW28460AU Questions & Answers (page 3 of 12)

111 questions from our users

Hi. We have bought a brand new Bosch WAW28460AU. After following all instructions setting up once we turned on the cold water we have noticed water leaking constantly on outside of the house just above the box thing. Have checked that hose is connected and threaded correctly and is tight enough but cannot seem to stop the leak. Any ideas?
Hi Greg. S, Thanks for your question. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Hi,iv just purchased the waw28420au and realized it has no heavy duty cycle.Having two tradies in the house i have loads of extra dirty washing.What would be the best cycle to use.In the manual it says it has a cycle for quilts but doesnt on the machine what would be the best way to wash them.Thankyou
Hi Tasha, We've successfully used the Sportswear cycle to clean really dirty football kits without issue. It may pay to trial a Prewash (also available as a cycle) if the Sportswear cycle alone doesn't give you the results you wanted. Hope this helps! Cheers, Chris

Does any know how to use softener dispenser? I bought this few months ago and was wondering why my clothes are notcoking out fresh and fragrant? When I opened the little softener compartment I was shocked that all the softener I have been putting is getting store there.
Hi Joey, thanks for your question. We'd recommend removing the detergent tray, when you pull the tray forward just press down on the insert at the back to remove it. Then rinse it out, lift the blue insert and use a q-tip to clean inside the two funnels. Then pop the insert back in so that one funnel is inside the other, then just put the tray back in. When using fabric softener we recommend that you dilute it with water, this will help stop the tray from getting blocked. If you have any further queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744 to discuss. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

I have installed this machine and it wobbled so much that it hit the wall and broke the plaster. Very disappointed. Don’t know how to fix it Any suggestions?
Hi Kavita K, thanks for your question. It sounds like the appliance hasn't been installed correctly, we'd recommend checking that the transportation bolts have been removed from the back of the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744 to discuss. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Hi just purchased a bosch front loader model WAW28420AU while I am very happy with it , I am not liking how it leaves my towels. They were always fluffy and soft in my top loader however the new machine leaves them stiff and scratchy. Why?
Hi Debbie, thanks for your question. It has been found with front loading washing machines across the market that towels can become flat and hard to the touch, The wash quality in a front loader is of a very high standard and the high spin speed can cause this. To show this we would suggest: 1. Reduce the amount of detergent in the wash. 2. Make sure you're using front loader only powder/liquid. 3. Reduce the spin speed to 700-800 rpm, as a higher spin may squash the pile as towels hit the drum. 4. When the towels come out of the wash, give them a good shake to fluff up the pile again before drying. 5. Try not to leave towels in direct sun light on the line as this can scorch the fibre and make the towels harder. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.I have reduced washing powder useage as well as lowing the speed of the spinner and shaken them but haven't hung them in shade so will try. First time in 35years I have had stiff and scratchy towels so very disappointing..Will let you know how it goes.

Hi. Which is the best cycle and options to wash vicose/polyester clothing. Currently using the delicate wash on 400 spin but my clothes are still pilling. The same thing for my sons tracksuit pants, these are washed on the mix cycle at 600 spin and the pilling is shocking. I use liquid detergent and turn my clothes inside out. Any and all advice welcome as I'm getting really frustrated with this new machine? Thank you

When we was, there is laundry powder still in the dispenser compartment and the fabric softner compartment is full of water. We have cleaned the holder out multiple times but it still happens. What can be done to stop this?
Hi Anth, thanks for your question. We'd recommend making sure that the blue insert in the compartment is up and pushed back into the container, only have this down when using liquid detergent. If this fails to rectify your concerns please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

What is the water consumption for the Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine?
Not sure. When barrel is spinning clothes look wet but there doesn’t appear to be any excess liquid other than what wets the clothes themselves.I am wondering how many litres of water used in a normal wash Bosch says 57 litres and Choice magazine says 72 litres.Hi Janie, thanks for your question. You can find a full list of the consumption values on page 34 of the appliance user manual. The Cottons 60 uses 77L, Mix 40 uses 45L, Wool 30 uses 40L, Easy Care uses 61L. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thank you very much to the Bosch official. As I am waiting on delivery of the new machine I had no positive answers to my question, now I know. We use tank water so it is very important to know how many litres are used. Thank you again for your reply.

Hello i have just bought a Bosch WAW28460AU Series 8. I keep getting this little red symbol before and at ends of a wash ? Looks like a washing machine drum with a cloud to the left of it. It's causing my macine to not finish a cycle. Any help would be great? Thanks!
Hi Andrew T, thanks for your question. It sounds like the 'foam detection' warning. If the symbol lights up in the display panel, the washing machine has detected too much foam during the wash program and it will automatically activate an additional rinse cycles to remove the excess foam. We'd recommend to add less detergent to the next wash cycle. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives