Bosch WAW28460AU

Bosch WAW28460AU Questions & Answers (page 4 of 12)

111 questions from our users

Hello Team, I have a Bosch WAW28460au washer and one of the plastic drum agitators has a hole in it the size of a 10 cent piece! I'm worried it will damage my clothes can this please be repaired under warranty??
My opinion would be to try them out to see if they will cover it. But it will depend on the serviceman's opinion, if it has broken because the plastic is too thin in that spot then maybe you will be covered but if he thinks it has broken because a heavy object was in a pocket and has been banging around in the machine and broken it then it would be down to you. You would know if something was in there and if not then stand your ground, maybe it had a crack in it from new. Good luckSounds like you’ve used the machine to wash something other than clothes. I think the agitators are made of some kind of rubber/silicon composite material, not plastic as you’ve said. Can’t imagine that they’d damage clothes if one has been perforated by something you tried to wash in the machine.After only 6 months, my machine has a hole in the PLASTIC drum, caused by a 20c piece. As a 'foreign object' its not covered under warranty, so the machine is a write-off. (cost of repair>$1200). Miiele use steel outer drums, and never an issue with top-loaders.

Hi , does the WAW28460AU have a spin only cycle? I can’t find it in the instruction manual?
Hi Antony, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing Machine. For a spin only, select the Rinse/Spin cycle and press the rinse plus button to deactivate the rinse function. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Hi my bosch (which I love) has started beeping constantly and is displaying a flashing E:83 and -00 error, but I'm not sure what to do! Can you help me?
Hi Em Cliffy, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing Machine. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

What is the difference between the waw28460au and the waw28441au?
WAW2841 is sold by Good Guys ONLY and has a drum light and 2 points leak detection in cold water hose where WAW28460 is sold by everybody else. Otherwise they are the same and both Made in Germany.

Hi, We are looking at buying Bosch WAW28460AU while looking at the specs I could not see an option of drum cleaning. What is the procedure or cycle that can be used for cleaning the drum?
https://www.bosch-home.com.au/experience-bosch/living-with-bosch/fresh-reads/brilliant-ways-to-use-your-washing-machine-more-efficientlyThanks for the question Rach. The instruction manual supplied with the machine explains this on page 26. Use chlorine free cleaning agent, do not use steel wool. If there are odours in the machine or to clean the drum, run the COTTONS 90 degree C programme without laundry Add washing powder. There is also a paragraph on descaling below on the same page but should not be necessary if the detergent is measured out correctly. My machine is still new and I haven't had to do this yet and in fact never had to do that with my previous machine of over 20 years (Asko). Cheers mectec.Thank you Mectec.Thank you Mectec.

Can you do a spin only cycle, i e for wet hand washed garments?
Hi Pam, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch WAW28460AU washing machine. please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Is it worth having a new door seal on a 14 year old Bosch washing machine?
I recommend you find out how much it will cost to replace the door seal. From a quick online search I'm guessing a new door seal could cost anywhere between $50-175 approx. (depending on the model). 14 years is an amazing life for a washing machine btw, but to be honest, if it cost closer to $150 or more, I would be inclined to buy a new machine.I suggest you to find out the price for the door seal for your model and cost of fixing. If you can fix the seal yourself don't worry about the cost of fixing. If door seal (and the cost of fixing if it is applicable) is less than $200.00, I recommend you to fix it rather than go for a new machine.

How do you use the pre wash function? It is a separate function on the dial but in the instruction manual it says things like cotton plus pre wash. So how do you choose both?
Hi Alisont2429, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing Machine. The pre wash function is in addition to the Cottons function. When selection the program +Prewash, this automatically adds a cotton cycle. When selecting this cycle divide the detergent between the detergent and prewash compartments. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

I have a blue plastic detergent measuring aid in my front load washer. When do I need to use this? Is it only for use when performing a pre wash cycle? Any videos on how to use it would be helpful?
The blue area is for fabric softener. Main wash detergent goes to the left container. The section to the right is for detergent for pre-wash. Details are on page 21 of owners manual.Further to my previous answer, not all of these washers have the blue detergent measuring device for liquid. Ours is one of them.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives