Bosch WAW28460AU

Bosch WAW28460AU Questions & Answers (page 5 of 12)

111 questions from our users

Good Afternoon, I have a Bosch Front Load washing machine which I am very happy with. Recently, I have noticed that the appropriate front load washing machine powder is not dissolving in the drawer during the wash cycle. I have removed the drawer and cleaned it. Can you recommend any other course of action?...there is obviously some type of blockage perhaps" Shaz
Hi Shaz, Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WAW28460AU Washing Machine. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.I am having the very same issue. Our fabric softener compartment also gets full of water.I am having the very same issue. Our fabric softener compartment also gets full of water.

Hi, We have a Bosch WAW248460 which is approximately 1 year old. It is becoming increasingly difficult to operate the machine given even with only 3 pillow slips in the machine on Cotton mode the machine says it is over loaded. Is there a method of resetting the machine back to factory settings We have to take 10 minutes or more to adjust all settings till it finally allows us to start the machine. Very difficult and frustrating. Appears to be electronics/sensor issue. Any advice appreciated. It is still under warranty. Steve B
Hi Steve, Given that it's under warranty, I'd get onto Bosch or your retailer ASAP. I have the same machine and I absolutely love it. Just out of curiosity, have you given it a "boil" wash & clean? Sometimes that's all it needs to kick things back into order. Place about a teaspoon of detergent powder in the tray, set it on Cottons 95c, use the longest cycle, and let it do its thing. Afterwards, clean out the pin trap on the front (have towels handy!). It's a good idea with ANY front loader to run the hottest cycle at least every couple of months. Because they use so little water, they can accumulate soap scum in the outer drum, so if you have light-coloured towel, chuck 'em in on the hottest cycle occasionally and it will help keep the machine clean at the same time. Hope this helps. Bill.My honest opinion is a drum of fuel and a match is the only way to fix this machine. Worst investment we have ever made.

Hello I have a Bosch waw28460au which is 15 months old and has only been used by a family of two retired adults. I am having problems with starting the programs small and big washes. On selecting the wash program I add the cloths evenly and no items hanging out machine or in door seal. The machine will not start I remove cloths switch off machine and start again. Still no response. So I remove all cloths and even then with no items in the machine it will not start the wash (once door is close the ||start button is not flashing. Advises over weight. So turn off and come back later. Some times it works later some times not. Other times it will only take TWO normal bath towels to do a 7kg was on Cotton. What is going one.
Hi Diane, Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing Machine. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Hi - I have the blinking tap indicator come up - this is only recently. Not sure if theres an issue with the tap or the hose? I tested the tap and water comes out fine at high pressure without the hose. Any assistance is greatly appreciated?
Hi Dp10, Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing Machine. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Hi, I have a Laundry Cupboard which is 700mm deep - I just want to confirm that this is enough to fit this washing machine? I know the dimension says 59cm deep, but does this include door and outlets? Thank you.
It's probably closer to 65cm deep including outets and the door if it isn't pressed shut.

Hi this is my second Bosch and have been happy BUT I I use the various cycles and all my clothes are coming out so wrinkles and after time my clothes are losing elasticity, this is concerning. My towels are rough and clothes being ruined - why is this happening? Is it the bigger paddle inside?? Please advise how I can fix my problems - also how do I see the weight of each cycle every time I choose my cycle. Thanking you in advance for your reply :)
Hi Mazza, Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28460AU Washing Machine. To solve this problem we would suggest a few things: 1. Reduce the amount of detergent in the wash. Overdosing detergent will also cause hard stiff clothes, not just towels. 2. Make sure you use front loading only liquid/powder. 3. Reduce the spin speed on the cycle to about 700 - 800 as a higher spin will squash the pile on the towel as they hit the drum. 4. When the towels are taken out of the machine, give them a good shake to fluff up the pile again before you put them on the line. 5. Try not to leave the towels in direct sunlight on the line as this can scorch the fibre and make the towels even harder. 6. If you have a Dryer at home, you can try putting them on a low temperature for a few minutes and that should bring them back to life. These suggestions should improve the quality of the wash for your towels. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.All of the above but also regarding elasticity, try choosing a cooler washing temperature.

Hello, please can you tell me whats the difference between the WAW28460AU & WAW28790AU also are they made in Germany THanks
28790 has a feature called Active Oxygen. Once activated as part of the wash cycle it produces a substance that kills 99.99% of germs and bacteria from your clothes. Excellent for baby clothes, shirts, sheets, towels. Activating the feature as part of a wash cycle adds 15mins each side of the normal wash program. You also have a stand alone Active Oxygen program which refreshes clothes not only killing 99.9% germs and bacteria but also refreshing clothes eliminating most smells and odors. All achieved at low washin temperatures. 28790 is also a 9kg machine made in Germany. Hope this helps.

Hi I'm after the times of washes is there a 1 hr or 1 1/2 hr wash or are they all 2 hr plus cycles and does it depend on weight as well
Hi, thanks for your question. The cottons 20 degrees is 8kg at 2.5hrs The easy care 40 degrees is 4kg at 2hrs The mix 40degrees is 4kg at 1.25hrs You can find the full details in the appliance user manual under 'Consumption rates' page 34. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

When i purchased this machine about a month ago, i noticed that it should the recommended weight of the load for the different washes. I now can't seem to make this show up in the display - is there anything that i would have done to make the load recommendation disappear from the display?
I had this problem too and found it displays the weight with the door open but not when it's closed.I had this problem too and found it displays the weight with the door open but not when it's closed.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives