Bosch Optiflow Professional

Bosch Optiflow Professional

26L, 16L, 20L

See the Best Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Troy

TroyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stay well away

Purchased in February 2019.

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Troy, we are sincerely sorry for the issues that you have been experiencing with your unit. We take these issues very seriously. So that we can escalate this issue could you kindly get in touch with us at hot.water@au.bosch.com.

Extremely disappointing

The unit constantly requires to be turned off & on again to work.
Sometimes, the hot water doesnt come on at all.
There have been countless time this has happened over the last 1 year of buying this product. Never trusting Bosch products again.

Purchased in July 2018.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

Avoid if you can

Stopped working on 366th day. Warranty ran out. Had to call these clowns twice while under the warranty as it would not heat the water. Chucking this piece of crap in the bin. Terrible terrible stay away from this product

Jewellia

JewelliaNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Hate this so much!!!

This is the worst hot water system I've ever had, unit is right next to bathroom yet I have to run the water for nearly a minute to get it hot when having a shower. Gas bill is ridiculously high as it seems to run all day, I now turn it off when I do not want hot water to try and reduce my gas bill.
Have given one star but would give -5 if I could. Absolute rubbish and Bosch you should recall this product and offer everyone unlucky enough to have this a Rinnai or Rheem anything but your brand

Purchased at Renting property.

Jessie B.

Jessie B.Victoria

Avoid like the plague!!!

We are extremely unhappy the water comes out Luke warm at all outlets. We can not have a bath with out keeping the hot water tap running the whole time and releasing water. We are washing all the dishes twice and having to boil the kettle to fill the sink to be able to get them clean. When the water gets to its hottest temperature it will then have a section of cold run through then heat back up. The amount off water we are wasting, our time being consumed with re washing and getting in and out of the shower, keeping the bath tap running and the extra cost on our bills is causing a great deal of stress. We have emailed the company to resolve the issue and no response. ACCC is my next step.

Purchased at Reece.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

LEMONS X2

Changed from Electric storage to Optiflow 16L with high expectations of saving $$$.
Two units installed through warranty period. Errors from install and regular wafts of gas. Will be replacing asap.

Purchased in September 2017 at ELGAS for $800.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Smells of GasYes
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Absolute rubbish, inconvenience, not recommended

Only rated one star because it wouldn't choose zero, second unit after first one being replaced under warranty due to issues now the replacement has crashed. No wonder it has a 6 star energy rating, super efficient if you can't use the damn thing.

Smells of GasYes

Rob

RobPerth, WA

C1 error!!!!! So sick of seeing this

Purchased the Optiflow 26l, on January 2018, I have had a C1 error twice in 12 months ,and of course each time on a weekend when finding a plumber for less than $200.00 for call out and 15 minutes is impossible. I have taken 2 cold showers and boiled water on the stove for my son to bathe in. Was told the circuit board needs replacing and was even told to just replace the unit cause he’ll be back out in 3 months time to fix other things. Still waiting to hear back from Bosch. Very disappointed, not what you expect from Bosch products. If you are considering a Bosch water heater avoid it if you like hot water in the bathrooms.

Purchased in January 2018 for $800.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

Bek B.

Bek B.Launceston, TAS

Rubbish, broke after 12 months

Unit conked out after 2 mths use, I was told by the company who installed it that they've had constant issues with this and won't install them anymore because they're rubbish and have constant problems.

Purchased in June 2018 for $730.00.

shazcam

shazcam

One year of tepid water

No high demand in house, 2 people. Can not obtain hot water for 12 months. Water is always tepid, taps and showers run for mins in order to get warm water. First time that I have filled the bath today, nearly full, cold and system is on wall of bathroom. Have had Plumber out months ago to tell me that it is set at regulation temperature and have had a meter upgrade also..Water bills have been MASSIVE as waste water trying to obtain more than warm water in shower and sinks..Worst purchase ever made!

Purchased in July 2018 for $1,500.00.

Brent

BrentSouth East Queensland, QLD

Needs restarting to make hot water

We brought this product after much research and after talking to the Bosch technical staff for our campground. Had it in for several months and it just starts randomly stopping. No Hot water. All it needs is a restart to make it go again. This has caused extremely bad damage to our Brand name as we advertise having unlimited hot water for the showers. Exactly why we chose this model. Campers contacting me at 11pm to tell they want hot water!!!
Now I find it is a known problem? Whats going on Bosch?

Purchased in June 2018.

Hopeless heating times

Like other reviewers, we have found the time to heat impossible. Our bathroom tap is right next to the heater - maybe 2-3m of pipe, but it takes 30 seconds to get hot water. Same problem with going cold and reheating if you turn the tap off even for seconds. The local supplier did get a serviceman out in a couple of days - they replaced the PCB but it has made no difference. I suspect it's the "efficiency" - will be pushing my builder for a different unit to replace it.

Purchased in November 2018.

Dude71Adelaide

Works but noisy when not in use

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Mick

MickCanberra 2600, ACT

OptiFlow 26 does not work. Bad Product and Bad Customer Service !

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Andre

AndreMontville Qld 4560

My faith in Bosch brand seriously dented

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Avoid - bad product, terrible customer service

Ordered a brand new unit, it was faulty. Bosch said they would replace it immediately. A week later and it still hasn't been replaced. I've had no water for a whole week. I've call Bosch and their service center multiple times. Despite guaranteeing it would be here within 3 days, I am still waiting.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

I built few Units and have 3 Bosch professional hot water 26L and it has nothing but problems.

Rubbish unit and stops hot water all of a sudden. No warnings and had to rest the power and then cal several plumber. Seriously this reviews above shows that this unit had to be recalled and it should be illegal to sell such units. I hope Bosch can respond quickly as I have completed their online complain form.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Victor Lim

Victor LimBrisbane

This product is causing lots of grief especially for family with young kids.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Michael

MichaelWestern District, VIC

Unit fails to delivery hot water with out powering on and off.

Just moved into new house and this unit plays up every day, randomly, we have to turn it on and off to get hot water. Made a call over 7 days ago and no one has been yet. I have 2 kids and a pregnant wife at 36 weeks. Paid the extra for Bosch and am very disappointed.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Rubbish.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Sharon C.asked

Has anyone found a resolution with he issues with this system, It has been replaced, I have tried 2 independant plumbers and Bosch recently came for the 2nd, no third time and changed the Motherboard, the model had Mother board problems apparently ? (made no difference) a year of hell with this thing just no hot water to wash diahes at all, no hot water on bathrooms or bath and $500 and more water bills (double) trying to run taps forever to get luke warm water. What is the solution?

Beavis

The motherboard was changed in mine the second time with the second unit. The third unit was upgraded by Bosch to the Bluetooth model with assurances all faults have been resolved. I guess only time will tell.

Have you noticed.any difference

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Sharon, thank you for your question, we're sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have been facing. We believe that you have gotten in touch with our Technical Team already and have organised the replacement of your unit. We trust that this will rectify all of the issues that you have been facing.

If you have not yet reached out to us, could you kindly do so at 1300 30 70 37 on a weekday, any time between 7:30AM to 6PM (AEST), and we will assist you there.

Stamasked

Hi i have an optiflow unit outside balcony of my unit there was a noise that comes on and off like the water heating which is prob normal however as i was standing around that area thought there was a gas smell sort of checked a few times and it was on and off not sure though but can gas smell come from the unit when its reheating water???thankyou.

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Stam, thanks for your question. All gas burning appliances discharge flue gases when combustion occurs. The gas you are smelling is probably this, however, we suggest you contact us to arrange for an authorised technician to inspect. To get in touch with an authorised service technician, please contact us at 1300 30 70 37 on a weekday, any time between 7:30AM to 6:00PM (AEST).

It is normal

Ok thanks

Forget Boostasked

Hi. I bought an Optiflow 16 second hand. I thought I had got a good deal but reading the reviews I am thinking it may be a waste of money getting a plumber to install it. It is an older model. Were they any better?

Beavis

We are on our THIRD optiflow. The first two had igniter issues and flow valve problems, all covered under warranty though. 7 call outs in total but Bosch have upgraded us to the Bluetooth model and ensured us the issue had been resolved in the factory. Ask yourself why the unit is second hand in the first place. Sorry to pee on your parade but unless it is under warranty, throw it away

Forget Boost

Thank you. I was told they needed a bigger unit. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller. Rheem gas hot water services don't seem to be any better according yo the reviews. I think they were better quality in the past. Same as everything else. I now wish I'd bought a very old one.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives