Bosch Optiflow with Bluetooth

16L, 20L, 26L

2.7

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (1)
Ted W.

Ted W.Peel, WA

Bluetooth range disappointing

Bought a Bosch Optiflow with Bluetooth and what a mistake! The Bluetooth has a feeble range and cannot connect via the Apps from indoors! Our Rinnai was perfect, The supplied Remote worked from anywhere in our home. I am very dissatisfied with the Bosch and have noted that there are no warning about the Bluetooth range on brochure or packaging. What to do now..?

Purchased in July 2019.

David J. MallettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bosch water heaters @ after sale support

As a Opiflow Water Heater 16L continuous flow heater, its so much more efficient than last bosch spontaneous water heater. Blue tooth to mobile provides effective water heat and pressure control. Bosch after sale support was great as they came out one day after install to reset blue tooth connection.

Update, after sale support excellent, Adelaide based technician just attended to promptly finalise minor warranty issues.

Update II After contentious issues of unit pulsating and the cause being uncertain, Bosch kindly provided another C21 unit to test and now all good.

Wonderful post warranty support.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$1,200.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Smells of GasNo
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi David, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. I've shared your review with our after sales support team and they're glad to hear you're enjoying efficient hot water and Bluetooth connectivity.

Your Bosch Technician attended our house post installation and reported some minor installations issues back to the installer. Great Bosch post sales support ***** stars!

• 26L

beware - unit takes 45 second to startup during winter

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Alan
Alan

Hi,
I have had Bosch come out several times and even replaced the unit. After nothing fixed it I was told by Bosch that the delayed startup is a “design feature” and can’t be fixed for me.

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Bosch Optiflow with Bluetooth compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Neil M.

Neil M.asked

16L

How can I reset this unit as I have people using my holiday home and there is no hot water. I cannot afford to get a plumber $240 for 5 min job. Bosch has no support because it’s weekend .These units should not need work when they are installed. I have a few other Rheem units with no issues. Can I install the Bluetooth app that the service agent uses.

David J. Mallett

i always down load new equipment operators manuals so i can work new technology

Alister

Alisterasked

Optiflow with Bluetooth

I have an Optiflow 26 Bluetooth which was installed about 2 years ago now. The unit works fairly well, however, if you open the bath hot tap for a minute or so and then throttle back the flow rate of the tap, the temperature of the hot water shoots up from the set temperature (44degC) to a much higher temperature (70-80degC).

This is rather concerning when you have young children in the house.

Is this a known issue with the Optiflow product?
Does Bosch provide firmware updates for the Optiflow products?

Alister

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Alister, we're sorry to hear about this issue that you have been experiencing with your unit. This issue is quite unusual. Please get in contact with us at 1300 30 70 37 any time between 7:30AM to 6PM (AEST) on a weekday to organise for a registered service agent to have a look at your unit.

Vicki C.asked

Optiflow with Bluetooth

Why won't my bluetooth connect

Your mobile with the blue tooth app activated, needs to be close to the heater unit to change settings and examine reports

Yes thanks done that

Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Vicki, thank you for your question. As David has suggested above, please ensure that the Bluetooth is turned on on your mobile device, and that the Optiflow is in close range to the device. Please do let us know if you are still experiencing difficulties connecting.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives