Bosch Optiflow with Bluetooth

3 questions from our users

Neil M.

Neil M.asked

16L

How can I reset this unit as I have people using my holiday home and there is no hot water. I cannot afford to get a plumber $240 for 5 min job. Bosch has no support because it’s weekend .These units should not need work when they are installed. I have a few other Rheem units with no issues. Can I install the Bluetooth app that the service agent uses.

David J. Mallett
David J. Mallett

i always down load new equipment operators manuals so i can work new technology

Alister

Alisterasked

Optiflow with Bluetooth

I have an Optiflow 26 Bluetooth which was installed about 2 years ago now. The unit works fairly well, however, if you open the bath hot tap for a minute or so and then throttle back the flow rate of the tap, the temperature of the hot water shoots up from the set temperature (44degC) to a much higher temperature (70-80degC).

This is rather concerning when you have young children in the house.

Is this a known issue with the Optiflow product?
Does Bosch provide firmware updates for the Optiflow products?

Alister

Bosch Hot Water & Heating
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Alister, we're sorry to hear about this issue that you have been experiencing with your unit. This issue is quite unusual. Please get in contact with us at 1300 30 70 37 any time between 7:30AM to 6PM (AEST) on a weekday to organise for a registered service agent to have a look at your unit.

Vicki C.asked

Optiflow with Bluetooth

Why won't my bluetooth connect

Your mobile with the blue tooth app activated, needs to be close to the heater unit to change settings and examine reports

Yes thanks done that

Bosch Hot Water & Heating
Robert B.Bosch Hot Water & Heating

Hi Vicki, thank you for your question. As David has suggested above, please ensure that the Bluetooth is turned on on your mobile device, and that the Optiflow is in close range to the device. Please do let us know if you are still experiencing difficulties connecting.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Hot Water & Heating representatives