Bosch PCM 1800 SD

Bosch PCM 1800 SD (page 2 of 2)

Auckland Kiwi

Auckland KiwiAuckland

This is a big disappointment

Marius

MariusWestern Australia

Disappointing....

First thing I checked when I got home, were the mitre and bevel angles: Bevel angles were fine at -45, 0 and 45deg. The mitre table angles were fine at 45deg left, and zero degrees, but was off by about 1.5deg. at 45 degrees right. Laser came conveniently pre-broken from the factory.

At least I can say I owned one for about two hours, and that was long enough- it took it straight back and exchanged for a Makita LS1018L, which was spot-on straight out of the box and has a lot more of a quality "feel" about it.

I've been using Bosch power tools for over 25 years without hassles, so this one was pretty disappointing.

Dissapointed

Cut-Off & Mitre Saws

Find out how Bosch PCM 1800 SD compares to other Cut-Off & Mitre Saws

Poor product. Poor service

Bought the 1800 SD on local promotion at Mitre 10 store. Was told I'd receive a saw bench as a bonus. On attempting to redeem I was told all were redeemed. I received a promise that it would be resolved, but 6 months later and several emails.... still no resolution. Now the saw isn't working correctly. Has hardly been used and already has to be returned for repair.
Good price
Felt I was deceived at purchase. Now not working.

Mike

Mikeasked

My laser light is not working, I've tried dismantling the unit, there doesn't seem to be any power to the light, would it be a globe or whatever it is?

george

georgeasked

How can I adjust the blade to make sure it is cutting 90' when it is out of alignment?

Karl and Lore Zarnowski

Karl and Lore Zarnowskiasked

We can not lift the saw upwards tried everything. Help Karl

Greg
Greg

There is a 'transport safety lock's #34 in my user guide. You need to slightly depress the main handle to take the load off the locking pin then pull the pin to the right. If it will not move or is very tight you may be pressing too hard on the main handle.
The transport safety pin rotates into an off position so it doesn't automatically re-engage when you make a cut.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Power Tools representatives