Bosch Random Orbit Sander Questions & Answers

where in brisbane can i buy replacement pad for pex300 ae sander

DRT

DRTasked

Bosch Random Orbit Sander

WHY does the dust collector keep falling off. There doesn't seem to be anything there to keep it over the o-ring.

DIY-Type-Person
DIY-Type-Person

My sander has a very tight-fitting dust collector, but it appears to rely only on a long neck with a few bumps on the end to hold it in place. Because of the wrap-around sides of the collector, it is difficult to ensure that it fits over the o-ring without distorting or displacing it. I twist it from side to side slightly until it is seated. If it starts to wear, or if it was not made with a tight fit, then it would easily fall off.

Sheriff

Sheriffasked

Random Orbit Sander GEX 125 AC Professional

Difference between the PEX300 and the 125-1ae? I cant seem to see....

Ian c
Ian c

Not shore could be the mounting holes for the Velcro pad 2 or 4

Jim

Jimasked

Bosch Random Orbit Sander

Where can sandpaper be purchased for the Bosch PSM 200 AES Multi Sander?

PaulS
PaulS

Bunnings stock it.

DVW

Any hardware store that sells Bosch products.

Patricia Zahra

Patricia Zahraasked

Random Orbit Sander PEX 400 AE

I am wanting to sand my floorboards in the kitchen,dining room & living areas before restaining & revarnishing the timber pine floors.I am wanting to know if the pex 400 AE would be suitable & how long would I be able to use this model of orbital sander continuously?I would also like to know if there is a better dust filtration extraction system that u can recommend to use as this is a large area to sand & being hard timber pine floor boards with grainy knots in the wood & some small holes that will need filing & sanding back to prepare these areas for staining & varnishing. I have given myself 6 weeks to undertake this project & will this orbital sander withstand the usage & provide a good quality preparatory result.
Signed, Ambitous

DVW

This is not a heavy duty floor sander and I doubt whether it will last the pace. It would also be extremely slow. A better idea is to hire a floor sander from bunnings and maybe use the PEX 400 for light finishing

mm

mmasked

Bosch Random Orbit Sander

Did Bosch resolve your problems? I was going to buy one of these sanders but now I am unsure. Does anyone know if the new models have this problem?

Hi MM,

The PEX 400 AE models have been upgraded and have new sanding pads and should not be experiencing these issues.

Thanks,

Bosch DIY Power Tools

TinHead88
TinHead88

I phoned Bosch customer support as suggested in one of the posts by Bosch. The phone contact was friendly but completely unhelpful. It was suggested I contact product support via email which I did. Never got a reply even to acknowledge that my email was received. This is very poor customer service from Bosch and certainly makes me avoid purchasing any Bosch products in the future.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Power Tools representatives