Bosch PMF 250 CES

Bosch PMF 250 CES

See the Best Multi Tools in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Poor design

I purchased this tool less than 2 years ago. The tool broke when I hit a nail. I dismantled the tool and the fork that the cam drives is broken. The fork is alloy and not very robust. Also the method of fitting the cutting blades has been changed on newer models. The replacement part costs $74.63 so considering you get new cutting blades with a new tool not worth repairing. Would not purchase this tool again.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Bosch sandpaper

after a minute or so of using the Bosch branded sandpaper it just falls off. I went back to Mitre 10 who gave me a new base for free but it made no difference. The sandpaper that came supplied with the tool worked fine and stayed on for ages and the tool works great but the sandpaper Bosch are selling is crap

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

The tool's OK, but the spares are terrible

I bought a Bosch multi tool to help me with renovating some doors and windows as I've always had good results with Bosch equipment in the past. Quite a lot of detailed sanding was required so I wanted something that was up to the job. It worked well until I had to replace the sanding pad. I bought the genuine replacement Bosch pad and bought some genuine Bosch sandpaper sheets to go with it. Big mistake. I put the new pad and then a new sanding sheet on. Started the machine and within 2 seconds the sheet had come off the pad completely. I tried all the sheets I'd bought and none of them were any better. I went back to the shop and bought some more sanding sheets and the same thing happened. I took it all back to the shop and got a refund for the lot. They said that they'd bring it up with the Bosch rep. I contacted Bosch as well myself. I contacted them twice in fact - once through their website and once via email. No-one from Bosch thought it was important enough to contact a disgruntled customer, so that brings me here. I went to Bunnings and bought a non-genuine pad and a whole lot of MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper sanding sheets and now it all works OK. My advice is don't waste your money on the genuine Bosch sanding pad and their outrageously over-priced refills, just buy non-genuine replacements and it will all work well.

My PMF 250 CES is just out of warranty and now has very little power to saw or sand, the motor stops when I put it to the job, I've checked the bushes and they seem in good shape. Has anyone got any suggestions?

While using the sander the spindle simply fell out and the sander can't be used. One end of the spindle has a screw thread but it doesn't screw back into the housing. Can this be fixed by the average handyman and do replacement required.

• GTIN13: 3165140666411