Bosch Runn'n

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (5)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (5)
Evelyn
EvelynGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointing!!

Experienced the same problems like other users.Contacted support and told to follow the cleaning instructions and recommending changing filters.Cost of all filters is enough to buy a new decent vacuum

Amanda
AmandaEyre Peninsula, SA

I loathe this device so much - it has literally bought me to tears!

So my husband bought this - I told him to get something decent as I have lots of places I clean regularly. Spent good money. First, it is heavy - I've hurt myself lugging it around. Second, I only found the third filter after months of frustration. Third, the damn sensor goes off all the time and it refuses to do more work until you clear it. Yes it does suck but it is easily my most hated device I have ever owned and it drives me nuts we paid too much for a product that is so hard to use.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $480.00.

Oldersox
OldersoxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I must have got a good one

I have had my Runn'n now for three years and have only ever had to clean the conical filter. I have read all the bad reviews and am surprised that I have not had the issues the others have experienced and I never realised the machine had more than 1 filter. I feel sorry for the people that got a dud and hope they got their money back eventually but my experience has been a positive one.
I use mine to vacuum a 3 bedroom house with carpet in all rooms. No pets though so I don't experience the hair issue.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $480.00.

BUYER BEWARE!

This is a disposable vacum cleaner with a permanent price tag!
Worked ok for a few months
Never great !
The sensor issue began after less than a years light use even with constant almost every single use cleaning of filters!
Frankly their should be a lawsuit filed for the sale if this lemon!!!!

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $450.00.

no more Bosch for me
no more Bosch for meSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great until warranty runs out....then turns into a heap of junk

Worked perfectly on carpet or floor tiles....until warranty ran out. Sensor Control simply cuts in and stops machine working effectively, even when all filters have been cleaned and dust bin emptied after every use. Not a great product from a supposedly quality based company

Purchased in November 2014 at Harvey Norman for $450.00.

Hi,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Bosch Home Australia

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Anthony CPilbara, WA

Considering throwing it out.

Worked well at first, now almost useless. The 'sensor control' system kicks in constantly. Meaning you can never vacuum for more than about a minute, and even then the vacuum sounds like it is struggling, despite multiple and frequent cleans of all the filters. I spent good money on this brand, deciding it was better to buy a 'quality' machine in the hope it would last year's. I reckon a $50 Kmart model would do better. Very very disappointing to see multiple reviews saying the same. I hope this has been removed from sale.

Purchased at RetraVision for $350.00.

Worst vacuum

Purchased in June 2017.

Phillip
PhillipCairns

Restoring normal operation after the vacuum started to continually stop

Date PurchasedJune 2015

What a horrible experience!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Hi Stephanie,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. If we can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

nicoran
nicoranWA, 6333

Great Model

Just bought this model, so far its great. Quite, easy to manoeuver easy to clean. Yes the barrel fills up quickly. But still, for me thats not a problem. The great thing about this model was the telescopic tube, great for tall people like me. NO more back pain!! Before taking this model, I was comparing 3 different brands. this one had the best, Quality =price. Not made in CHINA!!!!

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
rossy
rossyIllawarra, NSW

Same sensor problem - vacuum continually stopping

Date PurchasedMar 2015

will never buy a Bosch product again

Not happy. Small two bedroom house and have to empty vacuum cleaner at least twice to vaguely clean the floor. Mostly the dust just moves around while I try to vacuum. Sent it back for repairs and was told nothing was wrong. Nearly $400 spent on something useless. Customer service was no help. Quite rude sometimes. I will never buy another Bosch product again.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Expensive piece of crap.

I have the same vacuum as everybody else has with exactly the same problem. If you take all the filters out it still has the same problem, so definitely not a dirty filter problem. I have also completely stripped the machine down to just bits, definitely no blockage in the machine. I then reassembled it, same problem. Bosch don't want to know about it. Customer service has probably been told not to acknowledge there is a problem with this unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Kmack
KmackShepparton

Excellent money value

I have previously owned either a Dyson or an Electrolux. Money was a little tighter when purchasing this one. As a mother of 4 young children, i have to vacuum every day at least once and this vacuum has done me proud!!!
It has great suction, its light and easy to maneuver. I use it on a combination of carpet and tiles. Love it!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Worst vacuum cleaner ever!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Caroline
Carolineasked
Bosch Runn'n

Hi, I have the same problem with the sensor lights. Constantly checking the filters. Drives me nuts. Can replacements filters be purchased without ridiculous postage cost. Would love just to replace the whole machine.

Anthony C

Hi. I'm insure, I regularly and thoroughly cleaned the filters out to 'as new' condition and the problem always came back regardless.there are some online guides on how to drill through some of the filters to bypass the problem but may damage the machine. I'd contact Bosch, this machine is widely regarded to have these problems and hopefully they will honour your request for replacement.

I took the filters out and run it at 2/3 power. It works but not very efficiently

Hi Caroline,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Vacuum cleaner. We are sorry to hear that having issues with the appliance. Filters can be purchase on our website https://www.bosch-home.com.au/. We would recommended for you to contact our customer care team on 1300 369 744 to see how we can best assist you with your enquiry.
Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Bill M
Bill Masked
Runn'n BGS4U120AU

The vac sensor light comes on after a few minutes.ive cleaned every filter and still have this problem every time.is this model faulty?

Hi Bill.
I've been through this with mine too. In my opinion it is a design flaw of this model. I tried everything to stop that red light coming on! The good news...contact Bosch, the number is on the machine. They refunded my purchase in full (the machine was over 3 years old) and I have since bought a different brand. Whilst I was very disappointed with the vacuum the customer care was very good.

Hi Bill,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch BGS4U120AU.
If you are definitely cleaning the 5 filters in your appliance and washing or replacing them as required then Please contact us to discuss further.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Bosch Home Australia

Kerryasked
Bosch Runn'n

What does it mean when the sensor control light turns on?

Hi Kerry,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch vacuum.
The sensor control light indicates that the filters need to be cleaned. Please follow the steps in your user manual, washing any if necessary.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Bosch Home Australia.

Kerry

Have done that, only a couple of months old...

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Compare all 4 Bosch Runn'n
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $399.00$499.00$499.00$499.00
Bin Capacity1.9 L1.9 L1.9 L1.9 L
Weight8.3 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length7.2 m7.2 m7.2 m7.2 m
Power1,400 W1,400 W1,400 W1,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 4 Bosch Runn'n