Bosch Serie 2 SMS40E08AU

Bosch Serie 2 SMS40E08AU (page 2 of 5)

MPN: SMS40E08AU

The perfection for kitchen

Very good quality dishwasher from top brands, very useful, easy to use , does not make any noise while washing, spacious too, been using it for over the year now never had any issues with it, still working like a brand new, dishes are always clean no matter how bad they are, highly recommended dishwasher

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Yasin, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Does its job, Quiet

We had this dishwasher installed after our previous one broke down. Our old one was an old Bosch and this is significantly better. Its quiet and the dishes come out looking great. You need to open the door when the cycle is done otherwise it quickly becomes smelly and you need to rewash the dishes.
The rack is nice for a few dishes but we find the shapes do not conform well to some of our dishes (pasta bowls, large bowls). It sits plates and cups/mugs quite nicely
The buttons feel cheap and are not responsive. No click, no beep, just a soft push which isn't very satisfying and you are often unsure whether it has registered the button push. The finish beep is very quiet and you can only hear it if you are standing next to the machine.
In summary its a pretty basic machine but does what its supposed to do very well i.e. wash the dishes

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Charman Singh, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Grateful Mum

The dishwasher cleans my dishes and difficult pots wonderfully. Unfortunately the drying process is a little slow and I either have to leave the dishes in there for awhile or grab a tea towel.The machine is also noisier than expected. Still very happy with her and a good value for money investment.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Debs, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher. we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Absolutely Great Dishwasher

We replaced a very crumby Fisher and Paykel with this beauty. What an change! No more cling ons and weird food scraps. The Germans don't muck around and this thing does a fantastic job. I knew first wash that it was streets in front of the old one. It runs quietly and is very water efficient. The menus are clear and logical (thanks Germans) and it looks good in the Kitchen. Really good unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Tower1, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU and we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Dish Washing Hands No Longer!!!!!

Love this dishwasher, my best kitchen buddy ever. Brought this just over 9 months ago and I still smile every time I walk into the kitchen. Very quite, I love the quick wash cycle perfectly cleans the breaky dishes in less than half an hour. Dries really well, except for the plastic but if you leave the door ajar they dry in no time. So happy with this product we are just about to purchase one for our daughters home.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Sharon, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. Thank you for sharing your tip for other customers regarding the quick wash cycle. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Couldn’t live without it!

I have just purchased a new Bosch dishwasher after having one in my last house for the past 6 years. I would only ever use a Bosch dishwasher as I find it is the only one that cleans my dishes properly and has a great range of clean cycles. I look forward to using my new one in my new house!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Tanya, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Lovely quiet simple dishwasher

This is a simple dishwasher that does the job in typical German efficiency. It was so quiet when I first bought it, wasn't sure if it was running or not. It replaced a big old Aussie Dishlex.

Cutlery basket is good and filters are easily removed and cleaned.

Drying was an issue to start with but I changed the settings as per page 19 on the manual.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Johnno, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Drain pump motor noisy in 3.5years!!...expect more from a Bosch product :(

Bought the dishwasher from Harvey Norman in Nov 2014 for $1000 and was really happy with the performance. The filter unit was cleaned on a weekly basis and I made sure no food scraps or debris was left on the dishes even if I had to rinse the dishes a bit before the wash. The unit has now started emanating a whining noise (I suspect) during the drain cycle...it's not loud at this point but I guess it's just a matter of time!!! The unit comes with a 2 year warranty coverage :(

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Hi Ajay, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Team Bosch, Called up on the above 1300 number yesterday only to find out that the repair will not be covered by Bosch!!!

Does a great job cleaning, but struggles with the drying process

I have only had this for a week, but the quality of work it does for the clean is fantastic. The drying process is a bit slow, and requires you to leave the dishes for about an hour after the cycle has finished to let the dishes fully dry. I havn't had an issue with it, and it serves the needs of the office very well.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Johnathon, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher. We'd recommend using rinse aid in the appliance to improve your drying results. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Does a good job

Excellent machine, very quiet, and does the job. We are on tank water so the pressure is not the best, but it does not take away from performance. I only use 2 modes. 29 minutes for quick and 2 hours for heavy. This is another item I was able to pick up from Betta Electrical online for the perfect price. Regional Australia and we get city deals, got to love it. Fantastic machine

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Sue_Curby, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Plastic Rubbish

Purchased one to go in a new house and it's already been thrown out! Got it last year and while it washed ok, there was a major issue with the plastic base that Bosch use. I had it wear, scratch and go brittle after a few months, and finally it cracked after a knife supposedly dropped and leaked water in my new kitchen. Definitely not buying another plastic dishwasher again.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Debz, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had issues with your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher and can appreciate your frustration. We realise that you no longer have the appliance, however if we can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Standard dishwasher

This model got choice award so we got it for our tenant. So far we had 3 different brands of dishwasher, to be honest, it is not the best at the price we paid for it. Our other cheaper brand dishwasher did better job than this one. The compartment can't really fit too many dishes. The economic cycle took so long and dishes still quite wet.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Great for the price!

We've ha this machine for a few years, now and had no issues at all with it,It is really very quiet. It looks very good. It can be bought at a really great price. I wouldn't choose another brand. Bosch is easily best value for money brand in dish washes.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Hi Vicvicvic, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great performing dishwasher, does the job

I was surprised by how quiet this machine is, we have an open plan house and it doesn't interfere too much with the noise in the other parts of the house.

Really happy with our Bosch SMS40E08AU, bought based on the strengths of the recommendations here and from Choice magazine.

Simple to use, and I like the subtle features eg. there is a section in the cutlery tray that has a higher base, perfect for the kids' cutlery!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Trees, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Sleek design, fingermark proof, and quiet

I bought this to replace my dishwasher. It is slightly bigger than normal dishwasher, but it is spacious as well in term of dish load. What i love about this, it is quiet and simple. I always use quick cycle.. it does the job for daily use and most of the time i did not rinse my plate and just put inside right away.

March 10th 2018 Update: Sleek design, fingermark proof, and quiet

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Nancy, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great value

I generally rinse all my dishes before putting them in but the diswasher gets any remaining residue off. I have noticed plastics come out very wet, but they did with my previous very expensive SMEG as well but i also find a lot of water pooled on top of mugs. Fits plenty of dishes in it and runs fairly quietly. Very easy to use and for what i paid, i am very happy with it. Door also seems to cope with a toddler climbing on it!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Pepper00, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the experience. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

This is perfect. Great product.

Cleans well. It is a great product for its price.Seems a bit loud at times however dishes come out looking clean. One negative the dishes need to be many times dried after the cycle which can be time consuming. Anyway would recommend this product if need a dishwasher for a decent price.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Camillad, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Absolutely love this dishwasher

I love Bosch dishwashers and had the “top of the range model” in my last house. When I moved into my current property there was a very poor model (no names mention) and it was poorly designed and difficult to stack. I finally had enough and decided to buy a Bosch dishwasher again. I ended up buying this model above (due to finances) but was still amazed at the quality and great layout of the shelves. My dishes can stack upright again!! This is a great model at an entry level price and still beats similar prices brands hands down!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Michael.A, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the experience. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

What more could you need!

We've had this dishwasher for around 15 months now, and it's been excellent. We've been through a series of ordinary dishwasher before that time, and were on a limited budget before we settled on the Bosch SMS40. It's basic, but it cleans our dishes well, and quietly! Now and then it will leave something, although I must say it's usually only because we haven't stacked the load correctly, or have allowed something to slip through the rack and prevent the spray arms from turning.

The control panel is a little cheap looking, and ours had rub marks on it. I the materials are probably consistent with the price point.

It seems to handle pots and pans about as well as I've ever seen provided the hot wash (70 deg) is used. We tend to wash those by hand in the sink usually though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the best machines out there at the price point.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Damien P, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that the appliance is serving you well. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quiet good looking machine

I always use the quick wash cycle and it turns out it doesn't dry properly unless I put vario mode on. It does the job really well and it's quiet compared with the my old dishwasher. I like to use the quick cycle because it does the job for everyday uses and it's quick that I don't have to wait for hours to get done for the dishes.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Dan, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS40E08AU Dishwasher. Thank you for sharing your tip for other customers regarding the Vario mode. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.