Produces spotless dishes
Easy to use
Fits plenty of dishes
Simple to clean
Terrible it is so loud
We bought our dishwasher two months ago and ever since we turned it on it is made a terrible sound. We have tried many different cycles and for some reason it sounds like a helicopter every 3 to 5 minutes. We’ve had someone come look at it and it still makes the same sound very disappointed would never buy one again. It’s a real pity because we only bought it because on the front it says super silence 44DB definitely not.
Purchased in March 2021 for $1,400.00.
- Serie 6 SMU66MS02A
Worked alright for first few months but now 12 months in its terrible
My previous Bosch dishwasher lasted 6.5 years, which wasn't terrible but wasn't awesome, but worked fairly reliably until the end when water got into the motor and killed it. I bought another Bosch based on favourable internet reviews. It is the second worst appliance I have ever bought. We rinse all our really dirty dishes before putting them in the machine so as not to clog the filters, but having said that if you dont pull the filter out every 1-2 weeks and clean it the machine starts acting up. The problem we have now is the tablet isn't di...ssolving and ending up in the front of the top rack undissolved. Dishes are coming out as dirty or worse than they went in. Glasses come out absolutely filthy on the outside where we need to scrub them with a brush (even with glass mode on). Drying performance is mediocre (we use Finish rinse aid at all times). The tablet not dissolving and the machine not cleaning almost at all now is the final straw. This machine is 1 year old and typically used once a day. I'll never buy another Bosch dishwasher again. It's a pity because the Bosch Cordless drill I have (10+years old) and the Bosch washing machine (13 years old) work flawlessly. Avoid.
Purchased in December 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,119.00.
- Serie 6 SMP66MX03A
Dishes NEVER come out fully dry even after extra dry option
I got a Bosch only because of all the positive reviews and how they are always no1 dishwasher brand blah blah (even though I am beginning to believe they moderate the negative reviews heavily). In fact this happened to me when I attempted to leave a bad review on their website and I was moderated coincidentally my review was not published.
I got the black build-in dishwasher as a part of my new house and I ran it a couple of times and all the dishes were not drying properly. I thought i was doing something wrong so I attempted various settings ...
Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,129.00.
Find out how Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers compares to other Built-in Dishwashers
Know better, choose better.
Don't buy Bosch
It doesn't clean well ,despite using rinse products and cleaning the water filter, if you use a program less than 2 hour program. It has broken down and is only 4.5 years old.
Purchased in August 2015 for $848.00.
Questions & Answers
Is it possible to have the time remaining display when the machine is running, and not just when the door is open?
Annoying to have to open the door and interrupt the wash cycle to see when it’s going to finish.
This model doesn’t have TimeLight, only that red dot to show it’s on...
Ring them if important
I am very happy with the dishwasher except that it did not come with a kickplate. The item was a display unit at David Jones, and I thought it was complete. Is this something I need to purchase separately?
Looking at SMU66MS02A and SMP66MX01A.
Although Bosch Spec Sheets state both have same Wash Programs and Options some supplier websites state SMP66MX01A has a Rinse Mode which the other doesn't. Is that correct?
Also, is either or both delivered with a Kick Panel? And if so what is height of the standard Kick Panel?
Hi David. I’m not to sure about the cycles on the dishwashers as neither of these are the one I own.
I know that they come with the kick panel when they are built in which both these units are.
The unit washes and dries amazingly but their rack system could do with tweaking as far as cup rack levels are to narrow
And unless you have really flat plates you can only use every second plate space on the lower rack at the back. Hasn’t really been that much of an issue for us,
Bosch Home Appliances
Hi David B,
Thanks for your question.
Grey in colour
Net weight 40.375
Drying progress indicator is - Time remaining indicator front, water inlet,
Program duration - 90-160
Black in colour
Net weight 40.875
Drying progress indicator is - end of program audible, infolight red, time remaining indicator, internal, water inlet
Program duration - 105-175
You can refer to our product compare on our website-
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia
Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives
- The Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers can hold from 14-15 place settings, making them great for doing large loads.
- Fear not for curious little fingers: all dishwashers in the series have a child lock, giving you peace of mind when your kids are running around.
- The ability to choose an eco mode helps you save the planet and save on your power and water bills.
- These dishwashers feature a cutlery rack, allowing for easy sorting and more thorough cleaning of your utensils.
- With a 5 star water rating and a 4 star energy rating, the efficiency of these dishwashers make them a super power-saver.
- A foldable rack and height adjustable rack lets you load your dishes your way - you won’t need to give in to washing your larger pots in the sink.
- If you’re worried about noise, fear not - these machines are some of the quietest on the market. The Serie 6 dishwashers are all 44 decibels, with a noise level comparable to bird calls.
- Most of the dishwashers in this series have a self-cleaning filter, saving you time and hassle unclogging nasties from your machine.
- The Bosch Serie 6 SMP66Mx03A has an internal light, giving you a clear overview of what you’ve loaded.
- Dishwashers in this series range from $1199 to $1799.
What reviewers loved about it:
- Many reviewers loved how quiet dishwashers in the Bosch Serie 6 Built-in range were - some said there were times they didn’t even know it was running.
- Most reviewers said that their dishes came out spotless and completely dry.
- Thanks to foldable racks and a cutlery tray, reviewers said these dishwashers were easy to use and pack.
- The loading capacity was also applauded, with reviewers saying that it fit plenty of dishes and cookware inside of it.
- They also said that the dishwashers were easy to clean, partly thanks to the easily accessible filter.
Something to consider:
- Installation will take a long time if you’re doing it yourself rather than getting a professional to do it
|Category||Built-in Dishwashers||Built-in Dishwashers||Built-in Dishwashers||Built-in Dishwashers|
|Features||Child Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display||Child Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display||Child Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display|
|Number of Place Settings||15||15||15||15|
|Water Rating||5 star(s)||5 star(s)||5 star(s)||5 star(s)|
|Water Consumption||12 L/wash||12 L/wash||12 L/wash||12 L/wash|
|Energy Rating||4 star(s)||4 star(s)||4 star(s)||4 star(s)|
|Energy Consumption||235 kWh per year||235 kWh per year||235 kWh per year||235 kWh per year|
|Control Panel Position||Front||Top||Front||Top|
|Maximum Noise Level||44 db||44 db||44 db|
|Number of Programs||6||6||6||6|
|Dimensions||875 x 598 x 573 mm||815 x 598 x 550 mm||815 x 598 x 573 mm||815-875 x 598 x 573 mm|
|Height Adjustment||60 mm||60 mm||60 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||White|
|Manual||Download manual||Download manual||Download manual||Download manual||Download manual|
- MPN: VBC578FS0
- Bosch - Serie | 6 SMU66MS02A - 60cm Built-under Dishwasher
- Bosch - Serie | 6 SPU68M05AU - 45cm Built-under Dishwasher- Stainless steel
- Bosch - Serie 6 | SMV66MX01A - 60cm Fully Integrated Dishwasher
- Semi Integrated Dishwasher
- 60cm Stainless Steel Dishwasher
- Bosch - SERIE | 6 SMP66MX03A - 60cm Underbench Dishwasher - Black
- Bosch - Serie | 6 - SMP66MX01A - 60cm Built-under Dishwasher
- Stainless Steel Under Bench Dishwasher
- Bosch - VBC578FS0 - Series 6 90 cm Built-In Oven
Other Built-in Dishwashers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.