Produces spotless dishes
Easy to use
Fits plenty of dishes
Simple to clean
Dishes never come out fully dry even after extra dry option
Every time I start it even after choosing extra dry all dished still wet... my last one in rental property did much better job then this one ... I hope they exchange it ... I choose it as I need black in kitchen
Purchased in February 2019.
Nice unit but always breaks down
The good = cleans well and is well built and quiet silent in operation
The racks can fold flat so Teflon coated surfaces are not scratched.... however read the annoying part as well as well on that feature..
The cutlery tray is o =ne of the best around.. love it.
the annoying = Controls are hidden on the top hidden part of the door and they tend to rub off after a couple of years of use. This makes program selection hard as the lcd screen is on the front of the door and it wont show the selection to after it starts the cycle. Note $339 to fix this issue... no cheep
Purchased in January 2016 at Masters Home Improvement for $1,500.00.
- Serie 6 SPU68M05AU
After 11 months, performance nose-dived
I chose this dishwasher partly because, at the time, it was at the top of Choice magazine's compact dishwashers recommended list (that has since changed). I also really liked the cutlery drawer (as opposed to a basket). It worked well for the first 11 months or so. It was very expensive, for me anyway ($1100, April 2015, Harvey Norman, plus about $170 for handyman to install it) and I'm now kicking myself for not having bought the extended warranty. After about 11 months I started noticing food still on the dishes and the cutlery coming out loo...king grimy. I rang the local approved service agents, who came out, checked that there were no blockages etc (which there weren't) and they told me it wasn't washing properly because I was stacking it wrong, and also that my cutlery was too cheap. After that I started stacking it exactly according to their instructions but it still didn't wash things properly (as it had for the first 11 months or so). I had the service agents out again and they told me it was still my fault and I had to pay them $160 for their visit, which didn't change anything. And now I'm stuck with a dishwasher (now running it on two cycles per load: pre-rinse and the hottest one, 'Pots & Pans', which I hate doing as I'm on tank water) that still doesn't wash properly. I'm very disappointed as I had always thought "Bosch" meant quality & reliability. This was my first time buying a kitchen appliance over $1000.
Find out how Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers compares to other Built-in Dishwashers
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
Is it possible to have the time remaining display when the machine is running, and not just when the door is open?
Annoying to have to open the door and interrupt the wash cycle to see when it’s going to finish.
This model doesn’t have TimeLight, only that red dot to show it’s on...
Ring them if important
I am very happy with the dishwasher except that it did not come with a kickplate. The item was a display unit at David Jones, and I thought it was complete. Is this something I need to purchase separately?
Looking at SMU66MS02A and SMP66MX01A.
Although Bosch Spec Sheets state both have same Wash Programs and Options some supplier websites state SMP66MX01A has a Rinse Mode which the other doesn't. Is that correct?
Also, is either or both delivered with a Kick Panel? And if so what is height of the standard Kick Panel?
Hi David. I’m not to sure about the cycles on the dishwashers as neither of these are the one I own.
I know that they come with the kick panel when they are built in which both these units are.
The unit washes and dries amazingly but their rack system could do with tweaking as far as cup rack levels are to narrow
And unless you have really flat plates you can only use every second plate space on the lower rack at the back. Hasn’t really been that much of an issue for us,
Bosch Home Appliances
Hi David B,
Thanks for your question.
Grey in colour
Net weight 40.375
Drying progress indicator is - Time remaining indicator front, water inlet,
Program duration - 90-160
Black in colour
Net weight 40.875
Drying progress indicator is - end of program audible, infolight red, time remaining indicator, internal, water inlet
Program duration - 105-175
You can refer to our product compare on our website-
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia
Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives
- The Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers can hold from 14-15 place settings, making them great for doing large loads.
- Fear not for curious little fingers: all dishwashers in the series have a child lock, giving you peace of mind when your kids are running around.
- The ability to choose an eco mode helps you save the planet and save on your power and water bills.
- These dishwashers feature a cutlery rack, allowing for easy sorting and more thorough cleaning of your utensils.
- With a 5 star water rating and a 4 star energy rating, the efficiency of these dishwashers make them a super power-saver.
- A foldable rack and height adjustable rack lets you load your dishes your way - you won’t need to give in to washing your larger pots in the sink.
- If you’re worried about noise, fear not - these machines are some of the quietest on the market. The Serie 6 dishwashers are all 44 decibels, with a noise level comparable to bird calls.
- Most of the dishwashers in this series have a self-cleaning filter, saving you time and hassle unclogging nasties from your machine.
- The Bosch Serie 6 SMP66Mx03A has an internal light, giving you a clear overview of what you’ve loaded.
- Dishwashers in this series range from $1199 to $1799.
What reviewers loved about it:
- Many reviewers loved how quiet dishwashers in the Bosch Serie 6 Built-in range were - some said there were times they didn’t even know it was running.
- Most reviewers said that their dishes came out spotless and completely dry.
- Thanks to foldable racks and a cutlery tray, reviewers said these dishwashers were easy to use and pack.
- The loading capacity was also applauded, with reviewers saying that it fit plenty of dishes and cookware inside of it.
- They also said that the dishwashers were easy to clean, partly thanks to the easily accessible filter.
Something to consider:
- Installation will take a long time if you’re doing it yourself rather than getting a professional to do it
|Category||Built-in Dishwashers||Built-in Dishwashers||Built-in Dishwashers||Built-in Dishwashers|
|Features||Child Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display||Child Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display||Child Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display|
|Number of Place Settings||15||15||15||15|
|Water Rating||5 star(s)||5 star(s)||5 star(s)||5 star(s)|
|Water Consumption||12 L/wash||12 L/wash||12 L/wash||12 L/wash|
|Energy Rating||4 star(s)||4 star(s)||4 star(s)||4 star(s)|
|Energy Consumption||235 kWh per year||235 kWh per year||235 kWh per year||235 kWh per year|
|Control Panel Position||Front||Top||Front||Top|
|Maximum Noise Level||44 db||44 db||44 db|
|Number of Programs||6||6||6||6|
|Dimensions||875 x 598 x 573 mm||815 x 598 x 550 mm||815 x 598 x 573 mm||815-875 x 598 x 573 mm|
|Height Adjustment||60 mm||60 mm||60 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||White|
|Manual||Download manual||Download manual||Download manual||Download manual||Download manual|
- MPN: VBC578FS0
- Bosch - Serie | 6 SMU66MS02A - 60cm Built-under Dishwasher
- Bosch - Serie | 6 SPU68M05AU - 45cm Built-under Dishwasher- Stainless steel
- Bosch - Serie 6 | SMV66MX01A - 60cm Fully Integrated Dishwasher
- Semi Integrated Dishwasher
- 60cm Stainless Steel Dishwasher
- Bosch - SERIE | 6 SMP66MX03A - 60cm Underbench Dishwasher - Black
- Bosch - Serie | 6 - SMP66MX01A - 60cm Built-under Dishwasher
- Stainless Steel Under Bench Dishwasher
- Bosch - VBC578FS0 - Series 6 90 cm Built-In Oven
Other Built-in Dishwashers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.