Bosch Serie 6 SMV66MX01A

4.3

• Internal Layout

ClaudioSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish it was better

Purchased in December 2019.

DoreenrunnerMelbourne

Works great!

After 2 years running without no issue, like the easy way to programm and the many options to wash, also the items can be arranged in different waysto be washed. Very quiet machine compared to others we had. Love how it looks installed as part of the kitchen making a higher end product.

Purchased in October 2017 at The Good Guys for A$1,220.00.

Simon

SimonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Quiet - Easy To Use - LOVE IT

I bought this because it is one of the quietest dishwashers on the market and it would blend in with my kitchen cupboards. Nobody knows it's even there. When its turned on, you don't really notice. Theres none of that gurgling or banging in the background. There is a red light on the floor that tells you that its on. What would have been good is if that was a timer and could tell you how long it has left. Dishwasher itself has loads of space for BIG bowls and cups, so unlike our previous dishwashers, this one is a pleasure to use. No more fighting over what can / cant go into the dishwasher, which is a positive thing. Worth every penny and I'd have no hesitation in recommending it.

Purchased in November 2018 at e&s for A$1,284.00.

Built-in Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Serie 6 SMV66MX01A compares to other Built-in Dishwashers

Paul

PaulSydney

Excellent dishwasher, perfect for the job!

Perfect Quality Bosch dishwasher! Flexible and useful programs. We use recommended finish tablets and rinse aid along with regular dishwasher cleaner. Very quiet machine with red light on the floor indicating when it’s operating. I use to rinse most dishes thoroughly, however it wastes so much water and this dishwasher is designed to clean all dirty dishes thoroughly. We scrape most big food scrapes off before placing in the dishwasher. Thoroughly recommend cleaning filter located at the bottom of the dishwasher after every wash as per instructions. Highly recommend!

Purchased in August 2018.

Hi Dan,
Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMV66MX01A Dishwasher.
If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Loretta

LorettaSydney, NSW

Excellent dishwasher

Very happy with the performance of this dishwasher and being fully integrated it’s nice and discreet in our kitchen. We have had a Bosch dishwasher previously so didn’t hesitate to purchase again. Some of the additional features I really like with this model are the top utensil tray and that it projects a red light onto the floor so you know when it’s in use. We rinse dishes before putting them in and they have always come out clean.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Mrssmithy

MrssmithyAdelaide

Quiet and effective

We renovated our kitchen and replaced all appliances with BOSCH. This is my first integrated dishwasher, it looks great being hidden away and was easy to adjust to having the controls on the top/panel. This is a very quiet dishwasher compared to my last (Westinghouse) and we have had no issues with it cleaning effectively.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
See all Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers reviews

Kirk L.asked

Serie 6 SMV66MX01A

Just bought fully integrated model and seems to do a good job cleaning the dishes (which I guess is the main point!). But I wish I'd double checked the height spec as there's a full 60mm gap under my standard height benchtop.
However, the issue I have however is with the so-called Etagere - the little plastic folding shelves on the right side, at the top of the upper drawer. They are far too low to put even small glasses under, and even with the drawer positioned at the very top setting there is so much clearance above (another 80mm) that the don’t effectively support the stems of standard wine glasses. It effectively reduces capacity by a whole row.
I don’t want to sound pedantic but I just cant imagine that after 50 years of dishwasher design development the Germans didn’t sort this out. I checked the manual and it clearly shows that there are 3 different height settings for the Etagere but I guess the model we got SMV66JX01A doesn't have that as mine definitely aren’t adjustable. All it took was another wire at a different height and they could have easily been moved, but the top wire is too thick.
What I’m asking is there any way I can order 2 of the adjustable Etageres like in the manual. As it’s just a cheap piece of plastic, I cant understand why ours didn’t come with it...

Redman
Redman

Hi I have a slightly different version to you smu66ms02a/51. From the concrete slab to the underside of my bench top is 880mm. I was able to adjust it hard up under bench top. In the instructions is a measurement with a illustration of minimum/maximum space sizes. Or you could put timber packers underneath the feet. As for glasses I can fit 180mm high glasses in the middle draw(on the lowest adjustment) with clearance from the cutlery draw. Mine also came with a wine glass holder which only holds 3 glasses. You place it on the bottom draw. Maybe contact Bosch or get the people you purchased it from to find out extras. I found there were so many different versions and some exclusive to some retailers, so I recommend going to as many different retailers to find the best to suit next time.

Kirk L.

yes, thanks for the info about the height. I can probably lift up or fill the gap but still lose that bit of space (that my old one had). Its so hard to choose and unless you take your glasses with you and try stacking it's really impossible to be sure ahead of using it at home. I chose to go with experts recommendation as I know from experience I could spend days comparing and still not get the right combination of options. I'm just surprised that they don't make the cheap plastic things with some versatility. It's just a simple mold. they could even provide 3 different types and it wouldn't cost them a thing.
PS, mine doesnt have a cutlery drawer (basket instead), hence the gap above. You'd think they'd take that into account.

Doreenrunner

I put a solid piece of wood under the diswasher to install it to lift the diswashe to our bench.

Renovator G

Renovator Gasked

Serie 6 SMV66MX01A

I’m tossing up between the SMV66MX01A, the SMV66JX01A, and the Series 4 SMV46GX01A.

I noticed the answer above about the difference between the first two, but how do they compare with the Series 4 SMV46GX01A? Apart from energy efficient and water use, is there a difference in features and performance? Thanks!

Giri

Hi Renovator G,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch range.
You can compare them here: https://www.bosch-home.com.au/products/page_rep_product_compare for specifics but the Series 4 is less water efficient and has different materials for the door and the base and different programs.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Ray Wasked

What is the difference between the MX01A and the JX01A

Hi Ray,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMV66MX01A / SMV66JX01A dishwasher.
SMV66MX01A has a cutlery drawer together with the cutlery basket and has 12 litres water consumption per wash and 235kWh energy consumption per year, based on Eco 45°C program.
SMV66JX01A does not have the cutlery drawer however has the cutlery basket and has 11 litres water consumption per wash and 220kWh energy consumption per year, based on Eco 45°C program.
The full specifications for each model can be located on our Bosch website https://www.bosch-home.com.au/
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Ray W

Thanks for your reply that certainly clears it up - can you tell me are they both German made?

Hi Ray,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMV66MX01A / SMV66JX01A dishwashers.
Both these models country of origin is Germany.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia