Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Dishwashers

Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Dishwashers (page 2 of 2)

SMU88TS03A, SMU88TS02A, SMU88TS04A, etc...
4.1 from 34 reviews · View Details

Great dishwasher

If it wasn't for the Lack of kickpanel i would give 5 stars

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Jon, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Terry p

Terry pGympie

great machine

We didn't need a new dishwasher but when we came across this one we just needed to upgrade. We love it, no regrets. It washes great and it is nice and quiet, the dishes come out looking really clean. We have been using a two draw machine and now wish that we have only upgraded sooner.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Terry p, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Built-in Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Dishwashers compares to other Built-in Dishwashers

Marion McG

Marion McGBrisbane

Best Dishwasher ever

I love how the dishes all stack in there, this is my second Bosh and we went to great length to find one that fitted into the space provided it this house, we would not settle for anything but a Bosh. I find it easy to use, holds a lot of dishes, easy to clean just love it.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Saturn.

Saturn.South East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful

Clean very well, never had a dishwasher before, and love it heaps.It saves my hands getting dry, by not having to do the dishes by hand. Dishes come out super clean and sparkly, and is very economical and quiet. Very happy using this awesome machine, and looks great too in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
S.knight

S.knight

Good for small kitchen

This dishwasher was purchased from a friend srill in box and un- used. Very clear and easy to understand installation which i did myself without any professional assistance (got a plumber friend to over see the installation and to check over everything of course) very convenient size as i have a very small kitchen space. Quiet operation and does a good job with minimal energy usage and low water consumption.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

After lots of research I am happy with my choice. It's a great product.

Cleans really really well. Leaving squeaky clean plates and glasses.
Am aware the machine is running but it doesn't interfere with conversation.
Like the complete stainless steel inside - no plastic bits.
Love the cutlery tray and using it means I can remove the cutlery basket and that means more room on bottom rack.

Watcher

WatcherGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quiet dishwasher

amfowlerSydney

mostly good but unsure about some of the noises

Very happy with the clean and overall feel, love the cutlery drawer and internal light.
One of the reasons we chose the dishwasher was for low noise and the Choice review. Our last Kleenmaid dishwasher made some awful noises on its way out.
There is one noise every now and then like a changing gear noise for a few seconds, not sure what it is or if its normal. A bit concerned it may become a problem.
Like the interface but a bit puzzling for an Australian model it started in German. My husband was stumped but lucky I learned German once and switched it to English.
The default should be no beep when the cycle finishes. I changed it but its kind of fiddly to change.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
amfowler

Also, why does it have such sharp corners when open at shin level really hurts to bump into, would like to upload a pic I took of this.

Built-in Dishwashers

Rust marks on the Front panel

Super quiet and cleans well. Unfortunately after almost seven months I can now see rust marks on the Front panel.
All my other stainless steel appliances are cared for the same way and still look great... I'm hoping those rusty marks will not get any worse.. very annoyed to have a rusted dishwasher in my newly renovated kitchen.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Talal
Talal

Hello, I called the Bosch support team and was offered a stainless steel cleaner set. Today I received the package and my dishwasher now looks great.. thank you Bosch for your quick response.

bovely

bovelyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Start loving it

I got mine today, model SMU88TS03A/06. I assume that it has the feature of “ActiveWater” with the new Zeolith drying technology. It is difficult to decide which model or style to go between built-in and free-standing. I picked up built-in one finally because I believed it will be more flexible to adjust the height to fit inside of the bench-top. I felt surprised about the front button cover panel because it is too thin/narrow to use. I got a space with 860 height under of bench-top, therefore there is still a big gap could not be covered by the narrow button panel, which shown a bit piece of black rubber.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Home maker

Home makerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Dishwasher

It cleans to perfection, and you can't even hear it running.
So much room in this machine, for all your needs. The adjustable height middle shelf is perfect and simple to lower leaving ample room for wine glasses or any tall items.
The drying is another great feature, no more water sitting on the coffee cups or glasses

BoschHomeAUBosch Home Appliances

Great, so quiet love it.

It cleans the dishes so well and the racks are well spaced and easy to use. Love how quiet the machine is no loud banging, great product. Can adjust shelving to suit large pots and pans as well as the cultery tray is great and works well to clean all the items.

Can Highly Recommend This Appliance

See all Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Dishwashers reviews

Mike Lee

Mike Leeasked

Serie 8 SMV88TX02A

Hi, I bought this unit and try to install my self, found it comes with installation drawing but has no installation instructions, can Bosch provide one?

Hi Mike Lee,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch Dishwasher.
The only written information regarding installation can be found on page 6 of the user guide. This information is to be used in conjunction alongside with the installation guide, however if you need further support please contact our customer care line on 1300 369 744.
Kind regards Bosch Home Australia

Launchmoreasked

Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Dishwashers

Looking to buy one of your dishwashers. Noticed that John of Bathurst made the following comment "We just purchased this dishwasher it cleans great and is very quiet the only down fall is even though it is an under cupboard model and the specs say it is suitable for 815mm-850mm & 845mm-880mm bench height it isn't it only comes with a 75mm toe kick panel and our cupboards have a 120mm kick board there is a 120mm toe kick panel on the bosch site but after ringing bosch spare parts Australia they cant order it as it is an overseas only spare part so now we are stuck with a big ugly 45mm gap at the bottom of the dishwasher with white plastic feet showing for the price you would think it would come with suitable install parts or at least be available in Australia." We will have a 950 bench top, and wondered if you do have taller kick panels to ensure we don't have a gap.

Mho

Mine didn't seem to work at all and searches didn't reveal any help so I ended up making my own kick board out of melamine skirting board. And the rubber stick on skirt kept falling off and I couldn't see the point of it so I didn't bother trying to make it stay on.

Launchmore

Thank you Mho. That is helpful.

Hi,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch range.
Sorry but we don't have kickpanel accessories available. Most of our appliances a designed to fit with your cabinetry and have a kick panel matching your cupboards installed with the right dimensions.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Neil M.asked

Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Dishwashers

My main criteria in selection is the ability to dry plastics in real life (not the promo version). Miele have auto opening doors at the end of their cycles to vent the moist air but I can't find that feature on the Bosch line up (apart from eco dry). I am not confident in the Extra Dry cycle in some Bosch models to dry a mixed load of plastics and that then leads to Zeolite drying with the expensive SBV88TX06A. Is the Zeolite drying a better option than the end of cycle open door for a complete drying of plastics?

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your question regarding the Bosch dishwasher range.

Whilst we do not have research information that compares Miele Auto door opening vs. Zeolith drying, Zeolith drying is our advanced drying technology that helps dry plastics effectively. More on this in the link below. We have Zeolith technology in a wider range of models in Siemens i.e. SX578S01TA and SX678X11TA which are also Tall Tubs (same with SBV88TX06A).

If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Mho

My old Blanko had a fan that run after the cycle. It didn't completely dry but it was close. Unless I open the door of the Bosch shortly after cycle ends everything is sopping wet and has to be left to dry for hours or hand dry before emptying. I use the extra dry but that has little or no effect. Very disappointed in this machine that seems to do nothing more than a cheaper base model.

Neil M.

Thanks Mho, it seems that the open door with fan for the last part of the cycle is the best way of eliminating condensate on plastics. I'm just trying to find if the zeolite drying which absorbs condensation whilst releasing extra heat is equally effective. I'll be cranky if I buy a Bosch or Siemens with zeolite and still need a tea towell.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives