Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers Questions & Answers (page 2 of 4)

SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox), SMS88TI04A
Listing monitored by Bosch Home Appliances

67 questions from our users

Stephen Honig
Stephen Honigasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

The plastic on top tray that swings to hold the cups fell off and I don't know how to replace it?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Stephen, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher.
Please refer to your user manual under Etagere.
Adjust the height of the etagere as follows:
1. Position the etagere vertically and pull upwards.
2. Push etagere at a slight angle downwards to the required height (1, 2, or 3).
3. Engage etagere. Etagere “clicks” into position.

Lyn jasked
Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

The machine care light on out series 6 won't go off even though we have run the cycle three times now! Have tried to reset but that doesn't fix it either

Hi Lyn J,
Thanks for your question, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dishwahser. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Melissa J.
Melissa J.

Hi Lyn - I am having the exact same problem!! My 2 yo son pressed the button and now it won’t turn off and we can’t press any other buttons!! We have run it 5 times now - once with a dishwashing cleaner.
Did you get the problem sorted??

Lyn j

Hi in the end we turned it off, unplugged it from the electricity completely and left it overnight unplugged.. Plugged it back in next day and it worked fine.

Dawn and Ralph
Dawn and Ralphasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

what does the machine care function do and how often should i use it

Hi Dawn and Ralph,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher.
As soon as the Machine Care display lights up in the control panel, or you are advised to do so on the front display, run the Machine cleaning program Machine Care without loading any tableware. After you have run the Machine Care the display in the control panel will go out.
If your dishwasher does not have a reminder function, follow the instructions on your manual for use on the machine cleaning detergents. Please note this function appears to not be available for your model dishwasher.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Terence
Terenceasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi, I’m try to buy one but I want to know if I can stop it during the washing cycle, since there’s no button on the screen or in the front of the door? Thanks! Teeence

Happy Mum
Happy Mum

I have opened my door before mid cycle by mistake. That stopped it, I closed the door & the cycle restarted without any issues.

Hi Terrance,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher.
You can interrupt the program however expansion (overpressure) may cause the appliance door to jump open and/or water to escape!
1. Open the door.
2. Switch off ON/OFF switch. The LEDs go out. The program is saved.
3. To continue the program, switch on the ON/OFF switch again.
4. Close the door.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Carolyn
Carolynasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi there we have the Bosch SMS88TI01A and over the past few months we have come home to it being turned on - not running but waiting for a command. Can anyone shed a light on this please.

fshnmad
fshnmad

We had ours turn on by itself during the night.
First tech came out and replaced control board, great service.
It started doing it again not long after.
Second tech came out. I just about threw him out as he had no people skills, was rude and basically crapped himself when he noticed a few "German Cockroaches" inside the base of the door when he pulled it apart.
Proceeded to tell us that it's the baby cockroaches running across the circuit board that sets the machine off!!!!
And because of this warranty is void unless we get pest control out immediately and have proof if we ever wanted service under our warranty.
What manufacturer would design a circuit board that is not coated to protect it from crawlies especially in such a hot and humid environment! And it must be pretty poorly sealed to let this happen as well.
Pretty sure the "German Roaches" came with the unit as a free added bonus from Deutschland!
Biggest load of rubbish I've heard of.

Jeanieasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Just purchased a series 8 Bosch dishwasher - the manual says they are pre-set to English in the factory - mine is in Deutch (German) and try as I may I cannot set it to English - I have tried to follow the manual to do this, talked by phone on the Bosch helpline, phoned a sales rep at the store which we bought it from - all to no avail!!! We live 100 mile from the city where we purchased it so cant just "pop" back in there to find an answer. I am most frustrated and hope some one has a simple, easy way of switching to English displays.

I have run it through one cycle by going to the computer to the translate section and every time a German instruction came up, had it translated to English - but this a very slow way of doing things and not a good solution.
Kind regards - "Jeanie".

Hello Jeanie,

We recently purchased the same machine in Dec 2018. It is an excellent dishwasher. This must be frustrating for you. Here is my suggestion. Please follow my steps and report back so everyone can see if it worked or not.

1. Power off the dishwasher at the power source/plug. Power it back on.
2. Open the door > press on/off > press the 'I' for info symbol (next to the display) for 3 seconds
3. Use the > symbol (to the right of the display) to scroll right until you see 'Language' appear on the display.
4. Use the + or - symbol (also to the right of the display) to scroll until you see English appear on the display
5. Hit the 'I' symbol for 3 seconds again > Bob's yer uncle!

Whilst Google is everyone's friend, translating from German to English on each wash cycle isn't the best way to enjoy this dishwasher! ;-)

Remember, report back.

PS: Bosch Australia - what are you doing? This is top line item and you should be doing cartwheels and handstands to solve this for Jeanie, not relying on her posting for help online.

Jeanie

Thank you very much - I am away from home (and the dishwasher) until Tuesday, so cannot put your advice into action until then. However your information sounds pretty much word for word as to what was in the manual and what I have tried to do - using that technique lets me alter the time but not the language. Anyway once I am home I will try again and let you know the outcome. Thanks again and kind regards - Jeanie.

Jeanie

Hello Winco, Home again and I have followed your instructions to no avail. As I said earlier, that is what is in my manual and it works for the clock/time but it will not do the same for “language”, in fact no word remotely like ‘language’ is shown in the display window - I checked with translator as to what should come up in German. I am at a loss as to what to do - living so far away makes it very difficult, no technician is any where near and to have to pack it up and take it back to the store where we purchased it, is not an easy task either.
Thanks for trying to help - kind regards - Jeanie.

Beentheredonethat
Beentheredonethatasked
Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

Hi all, our Vario Speed Button seems to be disabled. Everything else working perfectly. Any clues why this is happening? Machine is approx 3.5 years old but has only been used for about 2 years. TIA.

Winco

Our model does not appear to have a 'Vario Speed Button' so I'm unable to help you on this one Beentheredonethat.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Beentheredonethat, Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch dishwasher. We'd recommend trying auto cycle with VarioSpeed as VarioSpeed only works on certain cycles. If the VarioSpeed button does not work while using this cycle, please contact us on 1300 369 744 and we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

That’s the cycle I use it on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t - I will call if it happens again. Thanks for replying :)

2bldornot2bld
2bldornot2bldasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI04A

does the SMS88TI04A have the ability to get better drying performance of the utensils by opening its door once the cycle is completed ?

Nora
Noraasked
Rayes
Rayes

Currently $1,385 at The Good Guys and $1,599 at JB HiFi.

wahaha
wahahaasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Should I buy LG comparable model XD5B14WH or this one?

Ms C
Ms Casked
Serie 8 SMS88TI04A

Hi, what’s the difference between SMS88TI04A And SMS88TI01A? Apart from the cutlery basket?

Does this dry plastic well?

1984chugs
1984chugs

1. As far as I could tell the difference is the cutlery tray.

2. Plastics don't dry well. I have to put the kids supply cups out on a drying tray.

Alister
Alister

The I04a has a new machine cleaning wash option.

FionaR
FionaRasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

The dimensions of the series 8 are often quoted as 815 -875mm in height I have an under benchspace that is 870mm high Which model is suitable?

Yarna
Yarna

I cant answer exactly i sold the house.
Put u can probabky adjust it to all those heights in the feet

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi FionaR, thanks for your question. The feet are adjustable so the height can be anywhere between 815-875mm depending on how the appliance is installed. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Dan

The lid is removable for smaller spaces hence the difference in heights

Aussie.g.asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

I’m in the market for a dishwasher , so many to choose from , although from what I read , BOSCH is a high ranking machine within the product review .
I have a pet hate of the top shelf holding cups , glasses not dry from the dishwasher I use .
Can I please have a view on how well the cups , glasses have been dried , any puddle sitting in base of cup ? I’m after a dishwasher that drys the dishes 100%
Look forward to feedback
Gabby

Hodaw
Hodaw

We turn our cup/glasses upside down on the top shelf which leaves the inside completely dry, if there is a small indentation at the bottom of say a mug sometimes a small amount of water pools there but the inside is always dry

Aussie.g.

I too turn my cups and glasses upside down ... but my current dishwasher does a bad job in getting the pooled water that sits in the base of cups and glasses . So even the Bosch drying cycle didn’t dry the pooled water in the base of the cups , glasses ..

Chris
Chris

The model I purchased did not have a top shelf. Only the standard cutlery basket. I use the auto setting so I do have to dry the tops of mugs; glasses are totally dry. The other dishes are dry. I have had and used other brands of dishwashers over the years but the Bosch brand is the best.

lynn
lynnasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

I have just bought a bsrch dishwasher which in the overview of programmes lists a prerinse and a machine care but I cannot see how to do either?

Narna

From what I could tell from researching them, these are options in the Serie 6 but not the Serie 8. The first two auto modes do a pre-rinse as part of their cycle (not sure about others). There is no specific 'machine clean' option on the 8, my plan is a hot auto wash 75 degrees with a Finish cleaner (unless Bosch tells us different).

Narnaasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

I notice some people talk about water in the unit as shipped from the factory. I also notice of the poor reviews talk about water ingress into the main board of electronics - especially if the unit is tilted (although I've seen repair techs tilt dishwasher 45 degrees just to get into the base)
My question is one of transport - can the unit be transported on its back/side (ie in the back of an SUV)? Or could this cause an issue? Especially if there is residual water. I wouldn't want to be jeopardising my new sparkle maker before getting it in the house. Bosch - what do you think?

Hi Narna,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.
The appliances are testing during the manufacturing process and may have residual water inside them. We would recommend transporting the appliance standing up, they have a float sensor that will detect water in the base (which can go to the base when the appliance is tipped) this will set off an error code and you then have to wait around two days for the water to dry out.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.

Narna

Thankyou for the reply, although it is a little late. We did transport it on its back and luckily have had no issues over the past week.

I would advise you tell your merchants this fact. We inquired instore (The Good Guys) both with the sales person and store-person if it was fine to transport on its side or back. We were actively told there would be no problem in this manner of transport. Please update the information provided for sales staff so other people don't make the same error.

Apart from that we are very happy with this great appliance.

Gogs79
Gogs79asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

In the reviews ‘Sweetgirl’ said the beep at the end of the cycle can be turned off? Can you let me know if that’s possible? Or if there’s a way I can turn down the volume of the beep?

Hi Gogs79,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.
You can find full instructions on changing the volume on pages 13-14 of the appliance user manual.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss.

Ellie
Ellieasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi how do I set the time on my bosh series 8 dishwasher I only installed it yesterday and the time is completely wrong?

Hi Ellie,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.
You can find full instruction on setting the time on page 11 of the appliance user manual.

Steve P
Steve Pasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi we have purchased a SMS88TI01A dishwasher. Does this have the warm water connection feature? I have connected it to warm water but cannot find it in the menu option to change from cold to warm. I don't want to use it untill I find out.

Pranav
Pranav

Hi Steve I connected it to only cold water tap and it doesn't have option like washing machine hot and cold tap connection. Water heats up inside the dishwasher while it's working. You will notice it when you open the dishwasher door after cycle finish everything will be hot so in my opinion it doesn't need hot water connection. Hope it helps.

Kinga U
Kinga Uasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Is it normal for dishwasher to leak water E15 error after 4 years only? And cost to fix it is almost as buying new one. I thought Bosh is invented for life, very disappointing!

Hi Kinga U,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.
We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.

Alin
Alinasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

I am a first time dishwasher user. Purchased my Bosch dishwasher 3 weeks ago but installation was completed a week ago. I used the dishwasher three times so far but on one of the washing cycle the tablet fell in to the handle part of the first draw and it was not dissolved. Is this a common problem with this particular model?

Hi Alin,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher.
The handle on the first drawer is designed to catch the tablet and it is then dissolved throughout the wash cycle.
There may have been an item in the dishwasher that covered the handle or prevented the upper spray arm from spinning which resulted in the tablet not dissolving.
Should you experience this issue again please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.

Fiona
Fiona

Never happened to me

Dan

We had this happen a couple of times with the finish tablets. Not had any issue after switching to fairy platinum

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives