Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers Questions & Answers (page 3 of 4)

SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox), SMS88TI04A
Listing monitored by Bosch Home Appliances

67 questions from our users

Silvana
Silvanaasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

In January we purchased our Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher, the machine had a problem with not opening the tablet dispenser door, and a foul smell inside. Bosh service could not attend for at least 2 weeks, so Appliances Online were good enough to replace the machine for anew one. The new unit has the same foul smell inside and does not go away no matter what we try, and cannot be healthy. The young tech sent from Bosch seemed quite inexperienced and could not find a reason for the problem. Even sales personnel in retailers showrooms were amazed of discovering such bad smell inside brand new dishwashers. Has anyone encountered the same foul smell problem? Any suggestion? Help please.

CArlo Viti
CArlo Vitiasked

Dear Bosch,
We just brought a Bosch dishwasher serie 8 today and we opened up with lots of residue. Is this the brand new product or we got send the second hand one?

Hi CArlo Viti,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.
All of our appliances are tested before sale so they do have residual water inside them.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.

House Sitter
House Sitterasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi, we have recently purchased this dish washer and the dishes are always dripping wet even on the extra dry cycle. What are we doing wrong? Please help! We use the Finish dishwasher tabs and have tried others but they all have the same result. Thanks.

Hi House Sitter,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.
Please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.

Andrewasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Have just purchased a  Bosch SMS88TI01A. Am having a bad time trying to set up the control in english. Have tried looking for a video on line but know luck. I'd call myself reasonably inteligant. The book instructions aren't that clear. Grrrr Any ideas?

Michg

To be honest I didn't really use the instructions - just looked briefly at diagrams and hooked it up.

Sunlily
Sunlily

What control, are you talking about the wash settings?

Debbie Rendle
Debbie Rendleasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

How many decibels is this dishwasher?

Hi Debbie Rendle,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.
The dishwasher operates at a low noise level of 42dB

kiy
kiyasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi, still pondering whether this is the one I should buy to replace our old one. It has to have its lid removed to sit under our bench. I have heard that this makes the machine louder. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks.

Andrew

Hi we had to remove our lid due to size constraints of our kitchen cabinet. However the machine is still pretty quiet. Not sure if it's supposed to be any quieter with the l8d on though.

Hi Kim y,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.
The lid provides insulation so without the appliance is slightly louder.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss.

Rylie
Rylie

I would NEVER buy a Bosch dishwasher again. Their After Service personnel are very rude and very unhelpful and good luck in getting anything resolved because they simply do not believe you (the customer). The issue we had with our Bosch dishwasher (top of the range) was that after a while all glasses, plates and utensils would come out with grime. We had a service person from Bosch attend - placing blame on us re how we loaded the dishwasher and how we place the detergents. After about 4 washes, it started doing the same thing again. I wondered why I became so sick - having to see a neurologist...with many tests for over 12 months. It wasn't until we removed the Bosch dishwasher (that was obviously poising us with the chemicals...that would not wash off) and bought a Miele (Made in Germany). I LOVE MY MIELE and would not ever buy anything else again. Miele is the best.

Fritznsauceasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

I am looking to replace my existing Bosch dishwasher (a premium model - made in Germany) that literally blew up last week (with a puff of smoke that stank the house out) after 4 and a half years. My question is, what are other Bosch owner's experience in terms of reliability and longevity - how long do they typically last? Is the premium price tag of the German made models worth it and justified through increased longevity and reliability? (was I just unlucky?) The model SMS88T101A has glowing reviews, however I am not sure how long these have been in the market for and how old are the machines with all of the glowing reviews (< 1 or 2 years old or +5 years old ?) I would have also given my old dishwasher a glowing review, based on its excellent performance and quietness. However, my review would definitely change now after blowing up after only 4 years, given the premium price paid, for what I expected to be a superior quality machine that was made in Germany. Cheers for any feedback

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Fritznsauce, Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Fritznsauce

Just rang the Bosch Customer Service number. They offered to send a technician out to have a look at it. The approximate cost would be $100 call out (depending on distance to travel) + $100/hour labour (depending on technician used). While I appreciate that they can only diagnose a problem by having someone look at it, I will not be pursuing this option and spending a few hundred $ just to diagnose the problem. My problems started with an E15 error - a flood error where the tray at the bottom fills up with water and triggers a float switch and shuts off the water supply. I may have caused the electrical short circuit myself by tilting the machine back 45 degrees to clear this fault, as recommended on many websites. The Bosch consultant advised me that this should NEVER be done as water can splash onto electrical equipment and cause potential damage to the machine, a fire or electric shock. I am assuming that this is what happened in my situation. So, a word of warning if you experience this error. Regardless of this, I am still very disappointed to have this flood error in the first place after only 4 years. The Bosch consultant said that it might be caused by a leaking seal but would need a technician to verify this. If you read the many reviews on this, and other review sites, this is not an uncommon problem with Bosch dishwashers. It is such a pity it hasn't lasted very long as it was a great dishwasher.

Susysunset
Susysunset

We also are currently getting our 4yr old Bosch dishwasher fixed. I was extremely happy with my machine, but being only 4yrs old, I'm now left with a difficult decision. Do I buy another Bosch or go for a different brand. Bosch seems to have glowing reviews but is it only for newly purchased machines? I too am interested in other people's opinions on longevity.

GaP
GaPasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

When the top of the Bosch SMS88T101A dishwasher is removed for under bench installation, does the depth of the dishwasher change?

Hi GaP,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.
With the top removed the dimensions become (HxWxD) 815x598x550mm.

Smrao
Smraoasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi. I bought SMS66M102A model dishwasher today. I noticed water inside when i opned the door. Is this normal? Also this dishwasher does not fit under the bench so was wondering if the top can be removed? Can the top be put back on when I move to my new house in a few months.

Hi Smrao,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.
Our appliances are tested before sale so they do have some residual water inside them upon purchase.
The top is removable, however it will make the appliance louder with the removal of the lid.

watermarks
watermarksasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

I have just taken delivery of a new BOSCH Dishwasher model SMS88TI01A.
It was built 4 months ago in Germany.
When we unpacked it and opened the door it was all wet inside, and looked like the cabinet had just been through wash wash cycle and not dried. There are water marks all over the inside of the cabinet and the cutlery tray also has water marks on it. In all it looks pretty terrible and may have bacteria in the unit due to the water being present for so long.
Is this NORMAL?

No, it's not normal. Ours was quite OK when we unpacked it. I'd be contacting Bosch Australia (they're somewhere in Melbourne) to complain about that.

Dan
Dan

Yes this is normal. All dishwashers get tested before hand. Some might have just had time to dry. If you're worried about bacteria run it on the hygiene plus setting.

eli
eliasked

hi
what is the difference between bosh dishwasher SMS88TI01E & SMS88TI01M? where are they manufacured?

Hi Eli,
Thanks for your question.
They're all the same models but the model ending in 'E' is the European plugged version, the 'M' model is the Iranian model. The Australia version is the SMS88TI01A.

Karenasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi. We bought our SMS88TI01A earlier this year. I tried to turn the machine on this morning, and the control panel is not working. It switches on and off, but is then stuck showing Note Start appliance. The only thing that seems to respond is turning the machine on and off. Otherwise, it is not starting. Plus, when the door is open, the controls are not working at all. The door must be closed to respond on and off and to select start. Then, nada. Just the Note Start appliance display. Some advice would be appreciated, as I don't wish to call a tech until I need to. Karen

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Karen, Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS88TI01AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Karen

Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate it! We discovered that our electrical plug was not correctly in the socket, and had caused our issue. I'm sorry for prematurely posting, but I wanted to avoid unnecessarily contacting a technician. Feeling so glad we didn't do that, given what we discovered! Many thanks again for taking the trouble to try and help.

Timbo
Timboasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Does this model allow for integration within a kitchen by replacing or adding s panel to the front door? Are either partially, fully integrated options available or neither?

Hi Timbo,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.
As this is a freestanding model it is not compatible with a custom door/panel, you’d be looking at a Semi-intergrated or Fully-intergrated model for that functionality.

Tec
Tecasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Why has Bosch Australia stopped importing the newer SMS88TI03A? Instead it now only offers the older SMS88TI01A.

This model was updated to the SMS88TI03A to provide greater energy efficiency, with a 4.5 star energy rating. But now we can only get the SMS88TI01A, which only has a 4-star rating.

Other countries, such as Bosch New Zealand, are selling the newer SMS88TI03A.

Happy
Happy

googled SMS88T103A to find that it is available, but the extra price means you would probably never recoup the money from saving on electricity useage: some maths required!

Appleasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi there, Is this machine brushed stainless steel?

MishT
MishT

Yes it is. Easy to keep clean. Doesn't show fingerprints but there aren't any kids in the house either. Still loving it.

Apple

Many thanks for your answer, have now bought this machine, very quiet and cleans very good.

Hurricane Sandyasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Why only a two year standard warranty? If this is such a great machine I would expect a longer warranty whereby the company are demonstrating faith in the reliability of their product. I am currently having to replace my dishwashers every couple of years - no matter which brand I choose and I am looking for a machine that will last a good few years as I am sick and tired of paying out for new ones so often.
Also, I treat my machines with respect- I rinse dishes under a tap before placing in the washer to remove as much as possible. I also clean out my filters regularly.
Any advice on dishwashers that have long standard warranties would be gratefully received.

iShopNreview

Not sure what you do with your DW if your replacing them every couple of years. But you have options to get product care, and by the sounds of it would be a sound investment of $150 than replacing a DW every couple of years.

Hurricane Sandy

I'm aware of extended warranties. The point I'm making is they should not be necessary. Also if you've read my full comment- I am treating them with care and according to the manufacturers recommendations. It doesn't matter which brand or how much I pay. Perhaps we use them more frequently than other people.

Bruce3516
Bruce3516

After my last two dishwashers both failed in less than 3 years, I can feel your pain! I would have reviewed my last one (Bosch) very well within the first two years.. it worked really well but at 2 yrs 10 months died completely. I'd like to see more reviews from owners after 3 or 4 years. Or is it too much to ask that a $1500 investment ought to last that long?

Accountscow
Accountscowasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Looking for a new dishwasher- this one seems to have good reviews but I'm somewhat reluctant as the Bosch I have now does a bloody terrible job (made in Germany), always leaves dirt stuck to inside of glasses and mugs. Has anyone experienced that problem with this model? Any feedback greatly appreciated. TIA.

Kapitoshka

Can't comment on yours, but I notice that cleaning filters weekly ensures clean dishes. They never go dirty, but I can see the difference between not clean filter washing and clean filter washing. If/when mainteined correctly I never had any not clean dishes after the wash.

iShopNreview

I don't know what Bosch you have or how old it is. But I can say that this Bosch DW is so quite and cleans everything perfectly clean you can't go wrong, like I said I did full research on all the DW available and this won hands down on paper and it wins hands down once you use it.

limsh88
limsh88asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Where is the dishwasher being manufactured?

Hi,

Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.

This model is manufactured in Germany.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Treezr
Treezrasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Where are these machines on sale at the moment?

Cone2010
Cone2010

Bought today. Appliances Online had it at $1416 with free delivery but would have arrived days later. Rang local The Good Guys store that had it in stock.
They verified the online price offered by Appliances Online and matched it. Hubby went in to pay and pick up. Less than an hour

Adrift
Adriftasked
GWC
GWC

You bet.

Still loving this dishwasher. Very happy I went with the 8 series rather than the 6 or 4. Worth the few hundred more it costs.

Cheers

Kapitoshka

It does, but not to everyone's liking... But, if washing finished in the evening, you'd open the door and all trays next morning you'll find it dry.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives