Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers Questions & Answers (page 4 of 4)

SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox), SMS88TI04A
Listing monitored by Bosch Home Appliances

67 questions from our users

Jonboy162
Jonboy162asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

I'm ready to ditch the dish drawer in favour our of a Bosch SMS88TI01A or 3A. The units are similar in features except for their height. Can the 1A be adjusted slight to fit an 845 opening under bench? I don't want a 30cm gap between the unit and the bench top.

Gerryod

Hi Jonboy, there are adjusters on the bottom but I don't believe they will give you the height you need as they are mainly for levelling. It would be best to have a physical look to ensure you get the right unit.
Sorry I cant be more specific.

Luckyasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Does this dishwasher come with a cutlery basket as well as the cutlery drawer?

Gerryod

Hi Lucky, no, unfortunately it doesn't. Whilst the cutlery tray design is favoured by some people, in my experience, the basket design provides better drying due to the fact that the items are vertical. You can find some generic cutlery baskets at the likes of BigW etc which you can hang on the side of the main drawer but it then reduces your space a bit. The tray design works OK so if that is you only concern, then it might not be a show stopper - I suggest that you visit a store and actually look at how it operates to see if it suits your needs. Hope this helps!

Hi Lucky,

Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.

This model only comes with a cutlery drawer, if you wish to purchase a cutlery basket you can do so through our After Sales team.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours.

Lucky

Thanks to you both for your quick replies. The cutlery basket is not a deal breaker but it could possibly come in handy with all those chunky toddler forks and spoons. I do like the idea of being able to fit more in the dishwasher though, so it shouldn't be too hard to come around to the idea :)
Cheers, Lucky.

Bobby
Bobbyasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

What is the difference in features between Bosch SMS88TI01A and Bosch SMS88TI03A?

Gerryod

Hi Bobby, I have done a comparison on the two machines and they seem almost identical. The SMS88TI03A seems to be just the next version of the SMS88TI01A and its key difference seems to be in its power efficiency. The TI03A has a 4.5 star energy rating whereas the TI01A has 4 stars. Other than this they appear to be very similar but you should check them out at a dealer and also on the website below - hope this helps you!

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A & SMS88TI03A Dishwasher.

A slight change in internal workings sees the SMS88TI03A's energy rating increase by half a star to 4.5 star energy efficiency.

guru
guruasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Can I connect a Bosch SMS88TI01A Serie 8 to cold water only?

Chris May
Chris May

Yes, and you MUST connect it to cold water only.

nampas

I can double check but I believe that's what we did and all you can do

phoenixd
phoenixd

Yes - cold water connection only.

Jakhammas
Jakhammasasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Can this model be installed under bench? We are building a new home and we presently own a Bosch. I want another one but when I bought the last one I bought the wrong type. Lucky I could return it. How does the top come off?

nampas

We out it under the bench but didn't need to remove the top. From memory the man in the shop said it can be removed.

Dave H1
Dave H1

We installed ours under the bench; no need to take the top off.

Hi Jakhammas,

Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher.

This model dishwasher can be installed under the benchtop. Instructions on how to remove the top, to install under the bench can be found on page 1 of your user manual. For further information please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 369 744.

nampasasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Thanks but does it dry plastics if doing the above?

David S.
David S.

I'd say it's 90% there. You have to keep in mind that plastics don't hold the heat of the final rinse very well and that's why they're not as dry as the non-plastics. Plastic bowls and plates seem to come out fine, but most tupperware things will have little lips and recesses which will hold the water if you don't angle them right in the wash. I set my wash to finish 30mins before I wake up, so when I'm out there making coffee I'm unstacking everything. Most plastics I'll give a flick and chuck on the dish drainer out of habit and with the tiny bit of residual heat left (compared to everything else which is still hot) it will air dry over 5mins or so ready to put away.

nampas

Thanks. I'm happy with that!

nampasasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Does this model dry your plastic bowls/cups, etc.?

Hi Nampas,

Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher.

To ensure that you get the best drying results from your Bosch dishwasher we recommend the following:

1. Use Finish Rinse-Aid
2. Turn on Extra/Intensive drying mode (found in the instructions)
3. Leave door closed for additional 10-20min after unit finishes
4. Do not run wash & then leave dishes in the unit for an extended period of time (overnight)
5. Please note that the Quick 30min wash program does not have a drying phase
6. Must be connected to cold water tap only

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team on 1300 369 744 during business hours.

Modefour
Modefour

Hi Bosch.

I have recently purchased this dishwasher. The spec page at the below link says this dishwasher has a hot and cold water inlet

Can you please clarify. I was overseas when our dishwasher stopped working and I organised this one to be fitted. I also arranged for the plumber to connect it to the hot water supply.

Ta