Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers (page 3 of 16)

SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox), SMS88TI04A

Pros

• Sparkling clean finish on dishes

• Quiet

• Spacious

• 4-star energy rating and 5-star water rating

Cons

• Premium price

• Doesn't always dry dishes properly

• Internal Layout

MyView2
MyView2Queensland

One month out of warranty and this is how it now cleans dishes

Two months out of warranty and this is how our promised 'amazing performance' dishwasher now cleans...it's like our pots never went through a wash. Incredibly frustrated and previously loyal Bosch customer.

Brendan
BrendanCanberra

Nice until 1 month after warranty then died, manufacturer no help

We bought the top model possible from the good guys on the basis of reliability. 1 month after manufacturer warranty finished it died. A dangerously faulty power cord was the cause, the likes of which 2 electricians with 60 yrs combined experience have never seen. Rang the manufacturer, whose 1st response was "not our problem, it's out of warranty". It has been a nice dishwasher, but this response to my problem from the company shocked me.

1234trev
1234trevAU

Super Quite

Easy purchase; smooth delivery and installation. Like our previous family Bosch dishwasher this unit is even more of a hero. Digital touch display within the inside of door, easy to use. Several loading options make for easier loading. Filter easy enough to clean. **Whisper quite operation. Well done Bosch; more power to you for yet another quality product. (NB. I have now found receipt and can see we paid $1,398:00 more than I had remembered as this model was NOT on sale however no regrets at having paid more than some models.)

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

Happy Mum
Happy MumPerth, WA

Whisper quiet

Betty A.
Betty A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dishes come our sparkling!

Great dishwasher, cleans dishes well, even when in the quick setting. It looks stylish and is very quiet. Great internal layout, that can cater for every day dishes or a dinner party without issue. So happy with our purchase!

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Blark
BlarkSydney, NSW

Good, until you have untrained guests

I had a couple of guests stay for a couple of days. They overloaded the machine so the spray arms could not swing. Fault code E19 came up. Soap delivery or or heat pump exchanger fault.
On inspection I have found a power transistor on the control board blown. Service call out is $99 includes the 1st 15 min then $35 every 15 min after woods. New control board over $400. I saw a $700-900 bill coming.
I ordered 1 x STN9620 power transistor and 3 x STN83003 transistors ($20) to replace the switch mode side of the power supply. You would think an expensive late model machine would cater for the untrained visitor.
Not Bosch. Wish me luck.

abjmelbourne
abjmelbournemelbourne

Very useful and efficient

I have been using this dishwasher for 8 months now. Silent Operation and uses only 12 litres of water as advertised. That is a big achievement considering the amount of dishes you can wash. I usually scape and rinse the dishes for better result. Always uses with Finish Rinse aid to complete the cleaning. Very easyto use

Winco
WincoMid North Coast, NSW

Quietest Dishwasher

Cleans well. Plenty of programme options. Very energy and water efficient. Easy to install and set up and oh so quiet in operation. You sometimes wonder if it is on and working it is so quiet. The display provides and excellent progress indicator for you. The racks have multiple ranges to fit a variety of items and the optional wine glass holder works well.

The best dishwasher we've owned to date. Note: check there are two options available - one with an interior LED light and one without. Why they would sell one without beats me.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Smashy
SmashyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Work great - very quiet

Had the dishwasher a few weeks, it's used daily. Cleans the dishes well and is very quiet. The option to do half loads has been very handy. We did get the extended warranty to be safe but that is more of a pre-caution should there be any issues in the future. I would highly recommend this dishwasher - SMS88TI01A

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly unreliable

This was a beautiful dishwasher but highly unreliable. Its heating element failed a month before warranty end and they had to order the part in, leaving us without a dishwasher for over 2 weeks. Then 2 months after its warranty ended its computer failed which was apparently a $500+ repair. I called Bosch but they basically said too bad so we binned it. I wouldn’t touch a Bosch appliance again.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Hi
I emailed you guys my mobile number about 6 weeks ago but never heard back.

2bldornot2bld

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Karen Donnelly
Karen DonnellyQueensland, Australia

Good quality dish washer

Our first dishwasher was quite easy to install. We have had it for 3 months and no problems so far. No leaks, drains well and no problems so far and we don't rinse our dishes before putting them in. Cleans well and I love the 44 min cycle as it cleans well but saves on water and power.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
AmitSydney

Upper arm hitting upper rack - Noise problem

I have bought 2 of these dishwashers based on the reviews on productreview and also recommended to my family and friends.
However, after using this dishwasher for 3 months I see two issues common in my dishwasher.

Upper arm hitting upper basket during cleaning cycle and make lot of noise. This happen with both of the dishwashers.

I understand that these dishwashers don't use heating element but drying is not satisfactory. sometimes when I pull out cutlery tray after ECO cycle it is full of water. i have raised the concern with Bosch Support and hope they will help me out.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Amit

Thank you for your reply.
Middle basket already fixed up on the highest level. I will call Bosch customer support number.

NikkiBikkie
NikkiBikkieMelbourne

One of the best decisions we’ve ever made!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Tan G.
Tan G.asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi I’ve lost my manual. Can you please advise me if and how we can set it to come on in like 8 hrs. TIA

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Tan G, Thank you for your question.You can delay the start of the programme by up to 24 hours. Below is a link to where you can download the user manual for your appliance. You will find on page 30. a step by step on how to do this. https://www.bosch-home.com.au/productlist/dishwashers/freestanding-dishwashers/dishwasher-60-cm-wide/SMS88TI01A#/Tabs=tab-3185783/
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Allene K.
Allene K.asked
Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

I have a top of the range Bosch dishwasher which should make the dishes extra dry,
How do I achieve this please.
It is a series 8 dishwasher.

Chelvi
Chelviasked
Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

Hi i bought sms40e08au dishwasher. Do i connect the water line to hot water or cold water?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Chelvi, Thank you for your question. Water line should be for cold water connection only. Our dishwashers have an inbuilt heating element. If you need anymore help please call us on 1300 369 744 (select option 2). Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers questions

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

This much-loved dishwasher series by Bosch provides a deep clean on top of an array of premium features such as an automatic water recognition tool which auto-selects a wash mode for you and an EcoSilence drive for a quiet and energy-efficient wash.

Features

• 15 place setting capacity
  • 4-Star energy rating & 5-Star WELS water rating
  • Full colour TFT display
  • Protective program for gently cleaning and drying glasses
  • Third loading level for cutlery & utensils
  • Adjustable top rack for additional space and tall dishes
  • Child door lock
  • EcoSilence Drive- great for energy-saving and keeping noise down
  • Effortless door closing which self-closes when below a 20° angle
  • SoftTouch electronic buttons
  • 10-year anti-rust warranty

Reviewers thought:

The dishwasher has been praised for being very silent as well as providing dishes with a full and sparkling clean. The design is also very convenient as the foldable racks allow large dishes to be placed easily and cleaned. The control panel is very easy to use.

Compare both Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers
Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)
  • Award Winner 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017

Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

4.3
Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI04A
  • Discontinued

Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI04A

4.3
CategoryFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $2,249.00$2,199.00
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option and Height-Adjustable Upper RackChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Internal Light and Self Cleaning
Number of Place Settings 1515
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Consumption12 L/wash12 L/wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Energy Consumption235 kWh per year235 kWh per year
Control Panel Position TopTop
Maximum Noise Level42 db42 db
Number of Programs88
Dimensions 845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishSilver InoxStainless Steel