SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox), SMS88TI04A

Pros

• Sparkling clean finish on dishes

• Quiet

• Spacious

• 4-star energy rating and 5-star water rating

Cons

• Premium price

• Doesn't always dry dishes properly

• Internal Layout

Thommo
ThommoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not the best

Constant E24 errors. Keep cleaning no good for a machine that is 2.5 years old. Will be placing on ebay and buying something else. Used to be quiet, now quite noisy

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

craigwreid1
craigwreid1Sydney, NSW

Dishes Smell. Eco Mode Unusable.

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,336.00.

Tim L.
Tim L.South East Queensland, QLD

Died.

Bought 13 June 2015, expecting to get many years from it. It died two days ago. No lights, no one at home. For a premium product, this isn't what I expect.

Purchased in June 2015 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $1,399.00.

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

MyView2
MyView2Queensland

One month out of warranty and this is how it now cleans dishes

Two months out of warranty and this is how our promised 'amazing performance' dishwasher now cleans...it's like our pots never went through a wash. Incredibly frustrated and previously loyal Bosch customer.

Purchased in May 2017.

Brendan
BrendanCanberra

Nice until 1 month after warranty then died, manufacturer no help

We bought the top model possible from the good guys on the basis of reliability. 1 month after manufacturer warranty finished it died. A dangerously faulty power cord was the cause, the likes of which 2 electricians with 60 yrs combined experience have never seen. Rang the manufacturer, whose 1st response was "not our problem, it's out of warranty". It has been a nice dishwasher, but this response to my problem from the company shocked me.

Purchased in May 2017.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Blark
BlarkSydney, NSW

Good, until you have untrained guests

I had a couple of guests stay for a couple of days. They overloaded the machine so the spray arms could not swing. Fault code E19 came up. Soap delivery or or heat pump exchanger fault.
On inspection I have found a power transistor on the control board blown. Service call out is $99 includes the 1st 15 min then $35 every 15 min after woods. New control board over $400. I saw a $700-900 bill coming.
I ordered 1 x STN9620 power transistor and 3 x STN83003 transistors ($20) to replace the switch mode side of the power supply. You would think an expensive late model machine would cater for the untrained visitor.
Not Bosch. Wish me luck.

Purchased in March 2016 for $2,000.00.

AmitSydney

Upper arm hitting upper rack - Noise problem

I have bought 2 of these dishwashers based on the reviews on productreview and also recommended to my family and friends.
However, after using this dishwasher for 3 months I see two issues common in my dishwasher.

Upper arm hitting upper basket during cleaning cycle and make lot of noise. This happen with both of the dishwashers.

I understand that these dishwashers don't use heating element but drying is not satisfactory. sometimes when I pull out cutlery tray after ECO cycle it is full of water. i have raised the concern with Bosch Support and hope they will help me out.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Amit

Thank you for your reply.
Middle basket already fixed up on the highest level. I will call Bosch customer support number.

Disappointed

Bought this unit a couple of years ago and was very happy with the results: washes well and is very quiet until it died recently. Control panel displays an error "Fault No communication' and wont allow us to access the machine. Called out a service person who since has advised that parts are around $680 to fix the control panel (?) and there is no guarantee that this will fix the problem. Very disappointing after we consciously chose what we thought was a reputable brand and paid a premium for the unit.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Hi Lincoln,
If we can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Lincoln
Lincoln

Thanks for your reply. Following a call with Harvey Norman (who were very helpful), I did speak to Bosch Customer Service and have booked in a service technician to rectify the issue under warranty.

Chris
ChrisBrisbane

Poorly designed.

This dishwasher has quite a loud series of beeps once it's finished a cycle meaning I can't put it on before I go to bed (when I actually want to be putting it on). Basically it beeps loudly (like a microwave) over the space of 10 seconds. You can't turn off the beeps, they are loud enough that they wake up people. Extremely poor design, I would expect this sort of thing from a $500 dishwasher, not a $1500 one.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Freestanding Dishwashers

Sun
SunPerth

Dishes not clean thoroughly

Heard so much good reviews about Bosch dishwasher but too bad ours did not turn out good. We used it for only 20months now. Light usage. Recently the washing is not thorough and dishes still with bit and pieces of stain. I ended up washing the dishes again manually which is a waste of time and water. Left a query in MyBosch online for one week now but still not respond. Very disappointed with the dishwasher and Bosch after sales service.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Sun, Thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Bosch. Stay away from

My Bosch, Activewater, model, was a good machine when it worked. Only had it three & half years and it has gone on the blink. Have gone to Harvey Norman to see if they can replace it but no reply.
My thoughts on Bosch, stay away from this Dishwasher, you will only get two or three years out of it.

Date PurchasedNov 2013
iris
irismt martha

don't bother with Bosch dishwasher

Wasn't a cheap machine but only lasted about 5 yrs. Disappointing. Called a service man. Cost $164 to tell me it cannot be fixed. The seal around the pump is perished and not repairable. I think I am in the wrong occupation?
We had to get a new machine. Dishlex has good reviews.

Date PurchasedJan 2011
See all Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers reviews

Tan G.
Tan G.asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi I’ve lost my manual. Can you please advise me if and how we can set it to come on in like 8 hrs. TIA

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Tan G, Thank you for your question.You can delay the start of the programme by up to 24 hours. Below is a link to where you can download the user manual for your appliance. You will find on page 30. a step by step on how to do this. https://www.bosch-home.com.au/productlist/dishwashers/freestanding-dishwashers/dishwasher-60-cm-wide/SMS88TI01A#/Tabs=tab-3185783/
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Allene K.
Allene K.asked
Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

I have a top of the range Bosch dishwasher which should make the dishes extra dry,
How do I achieve this please.
It is a series 8 dishwasher.

Chelvi
Chelviasked
Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

Hi i bought sms40e08au dishwasher. Do i connect the water line to hot water or cold water?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Chelvi, Thank you for your question. Water line should be for cold water connection only. Our dishwashers have an inbuilt heating element. If you need anymore help please call us on 1300 369 744 (select option 2). Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers questions

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

This much-loved dishwasher series by Bosch provides a deep clean on top of an array of premium features such as an automatic water recognition tool which auto-selects a wash mode for you and an EcoSilence drive for a quiet and energy-efficient wash.

Features

• 15 place setting capacity
  • 4-Star energy rating & 5-Star WELS water rating
  • Full colour TFT display
  • Protective program for gently cleaning and drying glasses
  • Third loading level for cutlery & utensils
  • Adjustable top rack for additional space and tall dishes
  • Child door lock
  • EcoSilence Drive- great for energy-saving and keeping noise down
  • Effortless door closing which self-closes when below a 20° angle
  • SoftTouch electronic buttons
  • 10-year anti-rust warranty

Reviewers thought:

The dishwasher has been praised for being very silent as well as providing dishes with a full and sparkling clean. The design is also very convenient as the foldable racks allow large dishes to be placed easily and cleaned. The control panel is very easy to use.

Compare both Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers
Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)
  • Award Winner 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017

Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

4.3
Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI04A
  • Discontinued

Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI04A

4.3
CategoryFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $2,249.00$2,199.00
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option and Height-Adjustable Upper RackChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Internal Light and Self Cleaning
Number of Place Settings 1515
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Consumption12 L/wash12 L/wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Energy Consumption235 kWh per year235 kWh per year
Control Panel Position TopTop
Maximum Noise Level42 db42 db
Number of Programs88
Dimensions 845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishSilver InoxStainless Steel