Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers (page 2 of 7)

WTW87565AU, WTW87564AU, WTW87566AU

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

When you've just done the laundry, a warm sunny day is perfect. But what if it's raining for days? Your lovely clean clothes might stay wet for just as long. A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you're interested in a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or maybe no dryer at all, this guide has all the handy dryer tips and info.

Read now

3.8

RechelleB

RechelleBPerth, WA

Brilliant and wish I had purchased one years ago

Changed to a Bosch Heat Pump Dryer after much research and could not be happier. Dries quickly, efficiently and leaves the laundry completely dry. You definitely need to read the manual first otherwise you wont realise how to use it properly as is different the old school conventional dryer. Definitely worth the money.

Purchased in November 2019 at Appliances Online for A$1,300.00.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Terrible..does not dry the clothes

I've always bought Bosch..thought this would be a good dryer..WRONG...its awful. Maybe afterhours on end it ends up drying...complete waste of money.
This product is not providing what we bought it for..:(

Purchased in August 2019 for A$600.00.

Hi Arlette,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer.We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Gary C.

Gary C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Clothes Dryer

Purchased to go with a Bosch 8 Series washing machine. Overall happy with the dryer, takes about 3 hours to dry clothes and catches all the water from them and stores it in a condenser container or it states it can drain straight to waste water outlet. Very happy with the the way it drys clothes but the time is a little excessive. If you plan a head it is not a problem. Having a few issues with getting condensation to drain to waste and fill the container but working with bosch to fix this and they are very help at the moment.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,600.00.

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Erica

EricaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Well worth the extra money

After much research I decided to buy a heat pump dryer to stop all the condensation and mess caused by a regular vented dryer.
Although very pricey which was my only reservation, I am so happy with this dryer!
It is clean and tidy and can be run with all the doors closed and does not pump dirty, moist air onto the wall.
The water collects in a cartridge which I pull the out each load and empty onto my potted plants. You can also easily plumb this in so it drains away immediately and it comes with all the required attachments, however I wanted to collect the water manually.
It's very quiet and the average cycle is 1 hour so very efficient for our family of 4.
I would struggle to go back to a vented dryer after using the heat pump dryer.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,650.00.

Happyclient!!

Happyclient!!Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant and efficient especially when paired with a top-load high-speed-spin washer

We bought this model after looking into the different heat pump driers. My wife was adamant that speed of drying was important as we have 5 kids as was worried about this new tech. I wanted efficiency. What we found is that provided you have a high speed spin washing machine (we have F&P top loader), the dryer works very well as the load that goes in the drier is not as heavy with water. Highly recommend this model. The more expensive higher efficiency model simply has a smaller heat pump in it, so its slower and dearer. Easy to use, German tech. Older inefficient drier types get hotter and may be better for very wet loads, and they probably accounts for some of the negative feedback I saw about heat pump driers.

Purchased in April 2019 at e&s for A$1,490.00.

Edison N

Edison NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very efficient in the long run

You must remove the transport lock before you use it. Had mine on and it was crazy to the extend I wanted a refund - shaking and felt like the thing almost fell apart. After removal, it works so well with zero noise and pretty dry clothes! Just a bit slow - 1 hr

Purchased in August 2019.

jason..c

jason..cSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great heat pump dryer

Brought in may 2017 and have not regretted it. Drys clothes perfectly every time and very quite operation. Easy to use and looks great with our matching bosch washing machine.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,965.00.

Stephan T.

Stephan T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great clothes dryer

The series 8 dryer is extremely quiet, has a lot of drying options and maintenance is super simple. It also has an 8 star energy efficiency rating. Got it from Goodguys who were also able to offer a good price.

Purchased in December 2019.

neville00

neville00AU

don't waste your money

Similar to other purchasers of this drier.Have owned Bosch dishwashers for many years. They are brilliant and can thoroughly recommend. Unfortunately would not recommend their expensive clothes clothes drier. Just out of warranty pump needed replacing. Puddle of water is now sitting in bottom of drum . Piece of crap grrrrrr

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,400.00.

Hi neville00,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your drier. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

shree

shreeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

for such a expensive product their customer service is horrible!

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for A$1,500.00.

Adqm

AdqmCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not much to say, it dries clothes!

This is a great drier! Best I've ever owned, it has many modes and my shirts never lose any features such as size after going in. I cannot recommend this enough, a must have machine!

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$500.00.

This dryer sucks!

Where do I start ! The Sensors won't let you dry cloth that are half dry and stop functioning altogether! Cloth ball into knots because no reverse action therefore taking forever to dry. Had machine for some time now and in the beginning dried OK and was very quite. Now take 3 to 4 hours to dry one normal load and have to place three tennis balls inside to keep from knotting up all the time. Worse machine ever purchased and never again !!!! Last of all , the door is closed but my Famous Bosch sensors says ,''door is open '' and will not start now. Freaken nightmare :(

Purchased in March 2018 at Saturn for A$1,299.00.

Hi Hal,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dryer. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Heath R.

Heath R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quiet, efficient and no fluff

Despite some of the horror reviews I decided to put Bosch to the test and purchased a heat pump tumble dryer (Serie 8, WTW87564). I love it. Threw in my load of clothes (stayed under 3kg max weight for the Mix selection - per manual), selected Mix, Cupboard Dry and start. I happened to hang my quick dry shorts and shirt outside on a 40 deg C day...Dryer was complete in the same time it took my stuff outside to dry! Machine is quiet, energy efficient and doesn't vent any fluff so my laundry stays dry and clean. Couldn't ask for more.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$1,599.00.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Just doesnt dry clothes....

Purchased due to condenser properties and Bosch being a good brand.
Rarely will the pre options controls actually dry clothes and even when using the timed option still wont dry.
Not sure what to do as it is an expensive unit - seems to be multiple reviews like this one - wish i read them prior to purchase

Purchased in May 2014 at The Good Guys.

Michael O.

Michael O.Sydney, NSW

Great dryer

Was initially concerned that it mightn't dry as well as normal dryer but we are convinced. Pretty quick, doesn't steam up the house, and is very economical to run compared to old dryer. Very Quiet

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for A$1,381.00.

Angry and disappointed

Angry and disappointedWestern District, VIC

APPALLING performance and staggering response by Bosch

Purchased in March 2019.

Victoria

VictoriaSydney Surrounds, NSW

This is THE WORST APPLIANCE EVER don't waste your money like I did!

Do not be fooled by its big price tag and grand claims this dryer LITERALLY DOES NOT DRY YOUR CLOTHES. Do not have the regret that I do. STEER CLEAR.

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online.

HTB

HTBSydney Surrounds, NSW

Recurring problem with leaking

Purchased in May 2017.

Matt

MattDarwin, NT

How ironic. A dryer that doesn't dry...well takes 6 plus hours to!

Purchased in January 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$1,697.65.

chris2456

chris2456Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great family dryer

Great product to have and easy to use. Several options to tailor it to best suit each load. Would be great to have a manual override as once it senses there is no moisture, then it switches off.

Purchased for A$1,400.00.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers reviews

Stephen A.asked

Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers

I have a new WTW87564AU dryer. I have connected the condensation hose as instructed but condensation water continues to collect in the container. The hose supplied runs into a drainage spigot same as the washing machine. The spigot is located about 1.5m from the dryer and is about 700mm off the ground but the hose is routed to a height of 900mm as per instructions. What am I doing wrong?

Lachy441
Lachy441

Water will still collect up the top container. From my experience When the machine drains water from the top container (usually towards the end of the cycle) for the “self clean” it then pumps the water back out the drain hose. I wouldn’t worry about it as it’s hard to say when it’ll pump out the hose depending on how much condensation is built up. The machine will beep if ever the hose is blocked, it can’t pump out the water or if the top container is full (when drain hose isn’t fitted) so it will take a few loads before there is enough water in the system to pump out. Hope this helps :)

Stephen A.

Thanks for that. It does seem to collect a full container more frequently than I had hoped but I'll keep an eye on it in light of your advice.

Sam

Samasked

Serie 8 WTW87566AU

If my dryer is stacked on top of a washing machine and I connect the dryer to the drain under my sink, then do I still need to lift the hose 80cm from the outlet? When I called Bosch then they said I should, but I had to use an extension hose in order to raise it 80cm and then lower it down under my sink, so I'm worried the pump won't be strong enough. I can see some water is making it into the drain through the hose, but I want to make sure I'm not damaging it.

Hi Sam,
Thanks for your question.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11007 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Chris' mum

Chris' mumasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

USELESS! Doesn't dry clothes, regardless of the setting. I clean the lint filter after each load and empty the water tray but to no avail. I feel so cheated. My old Kleenmaid (too big for the cupboard that passes as a laundry in our new house) was a workhorse - dried huge loads quickly. This Bosch dryer is a waste of space. In all conscience I couldn't pass it on to anyone else ... it's going to the tip!

Hi Chris Mum,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10979 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives