Bosch WAW32640AU

Bosch WAW32640AU

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Not 9kg

Not 9kgMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not 9kg!

I bought a 9kg front loader but only 2 cycles take that amount and take far too long. Not suitable for a family wash. false advertising - 9kg should be 9kg no matter what the cycle.

Purchased in June 2019.

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent washing machine and i-dos works great

Excellent washing machine that is quiet and simple to use. Had a minor issue that was rectified (under warranty) despite being out of warranty by the customer service team after some discussion. Would recommend

Purchased in October 2016 at Harvey Norman.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Regret purchasing this machine, waste of money

I Purchased this machine back in 2016. Worked great for the first 2 years. Dosing is unreliable, it either over doses or under doses. Rinse dispenser does not work. Doesn't always spin the load properly so I have to run the load through another spin cycle. Now it gives me an error message E81 that Bosch cannot even explain. Spent good money thinking it would last.
My last Bosch washing machine lasted almost 10 years and was half the price of this one.
Regret this purchase.

Purchased in August 2016 at Appliances Online for $1,498.00.

Noelley
Noelley
Zena

ZenaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love it!

Love my new bosch washing machine! I've previously had a simpson that lasted 10 years so this was an upgrade. The cycles are great and i love the idos option! I've only had it for 2 months but so far very happy with it!

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,500.00.

Ants

AntsSydney, NSW

Appalling Customer Service

Have been waiting 2 months for a reimbursement promised from BSH Home Appliances Pty Ltd. Very poor Customer service. Terrible response time, via email and phone. Keep getting excuses and being told I'll get the refund soon. I'll no longer buy Bosch home appliances.

Purchased in December 2017.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

A service tech with common sense

Date PurchasedJan 2019

iMan

iManAU

Good Example of German Engineering

Bought this last year. Never ever had any trouble with it. Fill and forget. Everything is automated and I love the i-Dose and Load-Sensor systems. You don't need to wait for a full load, and you don't even need to think about how dirty your clothes are. Put it in auto mode, and enjoy the ride

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Lynnie

LynniePort Adelaide, SA

Love the many different wash options

Decided to buy this washer because it had at the time way more washing options than any other washers in the store we bought it from. Normally we use the fast wash cycle but the baby wash has really helped get baby food out of clothing very well. The display is large too and easy to read

Date PurchasedJul 2017

motor decided to retire

Bought this thing brand new it looked great, its very quiet but after not even a year of use the motor decided to stop working, it was under warranty and now i'm waiting for a new motor to arrive so it can get replaced, such an inconvenience, and bosch if you are reading this please organise a parts warehouse in sydney cause i'm in a second week without a machine and i need the motor that is coming from melbourne, seriously wth

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Kate

KateSydney

Good and quiet

The machine has a good capacity, it is very quiet and efficient. I like that there are enough functions and modes of operation and it's easy to use. Ecowash mode allows to save on power and water consumption and is convenient for a night use. However, I'd prefer to have a normal conditioner compartment instead of I-Dos automatic system so I could decide how much conditioner should be used and it wouldn't stay in a compartment. If I have to buy a new washing machine I'll definitely avoid I-Dos system.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Hi Kate,
Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW32640AU washing machine.
If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

LiviasrVickivt

LiviasrVickivtQueanbeyan

work well

This product is very good, it's great to clean your clothes, it's very quiet. And did a good job for a large family. It doesn't take long to wash the clothes perfectly. It has great energy saving and water saving efficiency. It runs quietly and efficiently. Compared to my old top loader, laundry is great. Much less water is used. There are various Settings available.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

HopeaeAlanev

HopeaeAlanevPennant Hills

good

This is the first front loader I bought. I like it. It is very simple to use and has a variety of different Settings. Wash and rinse clothes well, even in ultra-fast loops. It is fast, quiet, reliable, and washes clothes back to their original store purchase status. Quick feature Settings come in handy when you need to do it in a timely manner.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Lisa

LisaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Easy washing days

Nice and compact. Easy to clean the drawer drum and filter. Lots of washing programs to choose from. Nice and quiet with a fantastic spin cycle. Clothes come out almost dry. Good star rating as well so I know it not using a lot of electric. Let's me know when the cycle has finished too which is great on busy housework days so I don't have to keep checking the machine

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Ann

AnnMelbourne

Good machine

I was everything from underwear to towels and jeans and delicate clothes
The controls are easy to use and there are several sel cations for different items from 15 minute cold port macquarie over 50 resortsash to a verity of times with hot washes
The machine handles all the clothes well and once a washed a pillow on and it was ok with that to. The delicates were also treated as such and the cycle time could be less for me as our clothes aren't particularly dirty I also like the fact that it is easy on water compared to my old twin tub that know use for dogs blankets etc. it is also good on electricity I Wah during the day as I have solar panels

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Swalesy

SwalesyUpper Kedron

Washing Machine Review

Works well but is starting to make noises. The wash could be better, often requires two wash cycles to get the job done right. The added feature to do a spin only cycle allows for greater capacity when the load becomes to much for the machine to handle. Most of the cycles are hardly used as the quick cycle offers a more affordable, economic way to do laundry.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Ann Daily

Ann DailyHobart

Great for family day wash

We had to upgrade our washing machine because we had two additions to our family and the cloths started to gather up by the week then by the day so we bought this model because we liked the display screen and child lock plus it holds double what our old one could

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Hi Ann Daily,
Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAW32640AU washing machine.
If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Chloe

ChloeNorth Western Region, NSW

Perfect can't live without it

It does and amazing job cleaning the whole family's clothes makes life so much easier, especially having a big family, we need a big washing machine to keep up with the washing.
It is quite and favourite feature is the quick wash have washing done in no time makes it easier

Date PurchasedAug 2010

jackzara

jackzara

Very happy with this machine

This washing machine is fantastic, clothes are clean, no powder residue. Quiet and efficient to run. My favourite features are the multiple choices of wash options and a quick wash can be done in less than 30 min. Even a full load can be washed in 1 hour so time is not an issue

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Jo K

Jo K

Lasted 3 MONTHS

3 months in and have gotten an error and the door won't open. Washing for 6 kids and no washing machine, fantastic. So much so for that German reliability. I'll be sticking with the so much more unreliable Samsungs from now on, like our old one which lasted 10 years.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Jamie

JamieHobart

Loads of functions and cleans cloths well

We're very impressed with how well this washes our cloths specially oil stains which almost removed them. The power cord could have been a little longer as we have had to use an extension cable but that was due to the sink being far away. The quick cycle is great but we normally use the normal wash mode.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Gaye M.asked

Hi, if I'm using washing powder do I take out the liquid measuring aid or does it stay in the machine regardless?

Hi Gaye,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU.
Nothing needs to be taken out for manual dosing of detergent. Just make sure to put the powder in the correct compartment in the drawer.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Gaye M.

Thank you. I have a Bosch wan22120AU 7.5kg. The blue insert says liquid only and takes up the whole left compartment. When I took the blue insert out I could see the II meaning powder goes in here. Any thoughts on this? Many thanks

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

You user manual has picture of the detergent drawer. If you need help understanding it, please call us.

Kellie

Kellieasked

I rang up Bosch for this question, and still haven’t got an answer. For IDOS- how many mls does it actually dispense? For the 1,2 and 3 bars?? So I’m looking at the liquid detergent section to decide on one and try the IDOS (coz I normally manually dispense powder) some liquids have a normal load at 75ml and some have it at 100ml- what does the machine dispense??? If it’s less or more than the factory settings than I’ll have to change it - which the manual tells me how to do.

Hi Kellie,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU.
The reason you haven't gotten a specific answer is because there isn't one. It's not a specific amount. Special sensors detect the load weight and fabric type and even the degree of soiling in the automatic programs so that your laundry is washed with the optimal amount of detergent. The 1,2 and 3 bars is an indication to the sensors that the laundry is either lightly, normal or heavily soiled so they a bit more or a bit less than what the sensors indicate.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us back.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

PockRockPRasked

I bought the Bosch Serie 4 WAN22120AU a week ago. I hadn't used fabric softener until tonight when I washed my sheets on the 'quilt' cycle but it didn't dispense the fabric softener. Is this a fault?

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi PockRockPR, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch Washing Machine. We recommend using dispenser drawer number 2 for fabric softener. (Refer to page 29 of your user manual. Depending on the selected program and settings, the optimum quantity of detergent and/or fabric softener is dosed by the i-DOS dispensers. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

PockRockPR

I did use the 2nd dispenser. The middle one. On the 'quilt' cycle. Please let me know if this is a fault as I've only had it for less than 2 weeks.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives