Bosch WAW32640AU

Bosch WAW32640AU Questions & Answers

127 questions from our users

Devora K.

Devora K.asked

Can I put regular detergent in one compartment and wool wash/ gentle detergent in the other compartment? Is there a way to choose which one the cycle uses? Series 8 I dos machine

Hi Devora,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU.
Each cycle will only use one type of detergent. As per your user manual the other i-Dos compartment is for fabric softener. They will both be used in the one cycle if intelligent dosing is selected. The third, left compartment is for manual dosing and needs to be filled each cycle and settings would need to be adjusted to use it.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Devora K.

Devora K.asked

I like to use Napisan. What is the best way to use it in the I dos machine?
Or is it better to not use at all?
Which brand detergent do you recommend for this machine?

Hi Devora,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU.
Unfortunately as we have not done any testing of this product we cannot provide any recommendations. There is no specific recommendations as to brands of detergent either.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

FGH

FGHasked

Hi There, We have a WAW32640AU front load washer, that seems to have a problem with i-Dos not dispensing softener. The i-Dos drawer has been cleaned but this had no effect. My wife had noted that the softner level had not been going down for some time. There are no error messages displayed. Can you offer any suggestions. Thanks in ad

Hi FGH,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU washing machine.
Please contact us on 1300 369 744.

Ana

Anaasked

Can I used powder detergent? Which compartment should I use? Bosh waw28460au

Hi Ana,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU.
Powder detergent can be used if you put it in the large, left most compartment in the detergent drawer. You would have to make sure the intelligent dosage is off.

lilsam28

lilsam28asked

We have an i dos serie 8.
Can I use vinegar as a fabric softener?
If so, is it ok to be loaded and “sit” in the fabric softener compartment?
I’ve read it should be used in front loaders, but then it also says to use it to effectively clean the drum....

Hi Lilsam
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU washing machine.
Please contact us on 1300 369 744 and select option 3 for Careline.

Sallyasked

After almost every wash our front loader series8 beeps and displays E:81 - I cant seem for work out what’s going on with it, can someone help?

Hi Sally
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU washing machine.
Please contact Bosch on 1300 369 744.

Tracey

Traceyasked

Hi I have a Bosch waw32640au washing machine and was wondering if you can change the default temperature settings so that next time you don’t need to change it eg change default from 40 degrees to 30 and it stays there for next time .

Jayasked

No time to call for an answer, and it seems others have the same unanswered question! Can you please get the right people to answer why your machine shows E81 and -00 at end of cycle. Why?

Hi Jay,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU washing machine
You may require a service agent or technician to attend.
Please contact Bosch on 1300 369 744.

Jay

Really? That’s disgraceful. How about advising what the actual code means? Here we were thinking that Bush was a reliable brand.

Sally

Hi Jay, I just rang Bosch with the same issue, and they advised it is in relation to the detergent drawer. I’m going to empty mine now. Hopefully that’s all I need to do. Best of luck with your machine.

Claire M.

Claire M.asked

I have a WAW28460AU.
How do I know if/when load has reached the maximum load. There doesn’t seem to be any indicator to notify what the weight of the load is.

Hi Claire M.
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28460AU
Refer to your user manual page 11 as there is a load recommendation indicated on the display and no other information is available.

nadsyasked

I have iDos turned off and every time I open the soap dispenser drawer it sounds E81 and -00. Can you please advise if this is an actual error or just something I can ignore please.

Hi Nadsy,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU washing machine.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you.

Jade

Hi did you find out what this means? Mine is doing the same thing..

nadsy

No, I didn't have time to call.

WayneV

WayneVasked

Hi, our machine triple beeps and shows the error code e81 at the end of a cycle. What is this error?

Hi WayneV,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU Washing Machine.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Jade

Mine’s doing the same. Did you have any luck finding out how to fix this?

Noelley
Noelley

I called Bosch today about this error message and they couldn't even tell me what it was. She wasn't technical apparently.

Navodi D.

Navodi D.asked

Is it as for the machine if I put powder detergent / napisan in the manual detergent tray whilst idos / auto dosing is on ?

Hi Navodi D.,
Thanks for the question. In regards to having powder detergent in the manual tray whilst using I-Dos, this is not recommended. The reason being is to prevent overdosing and foaming during the wash. If dosing detergent manually, do not add additional detergent to the intelligent dosage dispenser (set intelligent dosage to "off" ö).If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

jezzjem

jezzjemasked

Hi, the idos lights (3 bars) keep flashing even when I've jist filled it up with detergent ?

Hi jessjem,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch washing machine. Usually the display flashes if the fill level of
the selected intelligent dosing dispenser is below the minimum level. However being that you have said you have filled it up it is hard to determine what the exact cause is. We'd like to see if we can help. In order to protect our customer's privacy, we're unable to discuss your personal information online.
If you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5476 in the subject line. We’ll investigate further for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

D-SP

D-SPasked

Hi we have a WAY3284AU/02 front load washer, that seems to have a problem with i-Dos not dispensing soap. The i-Dos drawer has been cleaned but this had no effect. My wife had noted that the soap level had not been going down for some time. There are no error messages displayed. Can you offer any suggestions. Thanks in advance

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi D-SP, Thanks for you question regarding the I-Dos system. We'd like to help, please email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com quoting BSH5414 in the subject line and we'll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Smagarey
Smagarey

I have this problem as well. Any answers?

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Smagarey, We'd like to help, please email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com quoting BSH5679 in the subject line and we'll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Coral D.

Coral D.asked

I am getting a build up of powder under the dispenser that then ends up on the floor. What’s going on with that?

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Coral D., were sorry to hear that you're having issues with you washing machine dispenser. Based on the information you have provided it may be an issue with the plug inside the dispenser drawer. We'd like to help, if you could please email into our team at socialmedia.au@bshg.com quoting BSH5409 in the subject line. We'll be happy to investigate further for you. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Coral D.

Coral D.asked

My new machine gets a build up of powder under the dispenser that falls onto the floor. What’s going on here?

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Coral, were sorry to hear that you're having issues with you washing machine dispenser. Based on the information you have provided it may be an issue with the plug inside the dispenser drawer. We'd like to help, if you could please email into our team at socialmedia.au@bshg.com quoting BSH5409 in the subject line. We'll be happy to investigate further for you. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

LindaS

LindaSasked

If I just want to do a rinse and spin of my bamboo sheets after a wash there is no temp indicator. You can only use cold with bamboo so I'm reluctant to use this function. Thanks

Hi LindaS
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch washing machine WAW32640AU
Please note the rinse cycle is a cold rinse and you cannot select the temperature .

Linda C.asked

Can you tell me why my machine keeps saying drum clean even after l have just done drum clean.

Hi Linda C,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW32640AU Washing machine.
The Drum Clean indicator light flashes when you use have not used a programme of 60 °C or higher for a long time, if washing frequently at a low temperature (40 °C or lower) or if an odour has developed after a prolonged period of non-use.
= Run the programme without laundry.
Use washing powder or a detergent containing bleach. To prevent foaming, only use half the amount of detergent recommended by the detergent manufacturer. Do not use detergent designed for woollens or delicates.

Linda C.

Thankyou for the information, very helpfull.

Fionaasked

How to spin only?

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Fiona, Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch washing machine. In order to do 'spin only' on this machine, set the programme to Rinse / Spin. The Rinse Plus button is set by default for this programme. , therefore if you require a spin cycle only, press the 'rinse plus' button to deactivate the function .If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Many thanks.
Regards

penegeau

penegeauasked

i have a series 8 and love it. But i'm wondering why sometimes at the end of the cottons cycle (on cold) it does a rapid beep alarm sound when the load is done. And yet other times it just beeps slowly and only once. and then again as the reminder in a min or 2).. It seems so urgent like something's wrong but no buttons are flashing other than to say its finished. I looked in the booklet too and couldn't get any answers. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi penegeau,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch washing machine. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with the machines alert feature. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5000 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives