Bosch Serie 8 WTW87565AU

78 questions from our users

John
Johnasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Dryer isn’t heating and light isn’t turning on what could be the issue?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi John, Thanks for your question. Unfortunately without having inspected the appliance its hard to say what the issue would be. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 (select option 1, be sure to provide your model number) and we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Jodie G.
Jodie G.asked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

I have a seri 8 condensed dryer and I can’t work out what setting is good for drying sheets. They always just end up in a ball wet in the middle????

JJJ
JJJ

Hi Jodi
This is what I use for everything .. (I got a tip from someone). Initially I thought drier was faulty but alas nope! Nothing can be dried in any hurry even if you want to choose it to be.
Timed Program warm. Turn off “easy iron”!
Needs 1’20” or more depending size of sheets. But you’ve got to be on attention and keep unballing the sheets as the drier only spins one way. Seems unpredictable when - and if - it’s going to get hot, usually near the very end.
Good luck, JJJ

Mrs Jones
Mrs Jonesasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

The door latch on my machine has snapped off it is 4yrs old and still under extended warranty but both Bosh and extended warranty refusing to fix as the broken latch has caused physical damage to the front of the door (directly in front of the latch). I heard this is a problem with this machine when I brought it and thought it would be fixed as a manufacturing fault if it were to occur. Has anyone else had this problem?

Anne
Anne

mine is 4 Years old as well and the latch has broken, Can it be fixed by buying a new door?

Hannan B.asked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi i have a bosche professional heat pump tumble dryer connected to the drain. We just noticed that the condenser water container if full of water but there is no sign that we need to empty the water out if this normal? Or should that container be completely empty? We have noticed that the laundry room does fill with condensation which we thought the dryer shouldnt do? Thanks

not happy Jan
not happy Jan

Sorry, can't help you..as I'm a victim who's been ripped off with this same machine. I don't know why this has come through my email. This dryer would have to be the worst machine ever made. Good luck with bosch technical help too.
As they have no care about your issues. They will take your money, then after that your on your own. Worst bunch of people I've ever dealt with—bloody thieves.

stl
stl

I have a WTW87566 model - very similar. We connected it to the drain but first time I used it, it did not drain - all the water stayed in the water container. So I emptied the water container. Next time I used it - same thing. I did some research and found this is normal and I should not empty the water container if the drain hose is properly connected (make sure water container is modified - filter moved and black plug removed as per instructions. ) - even if there is alot of water in the water container. So I didn't empty it and since then it has started draining the water and the water container now stays empty. Maybe it's some kind of siphon effect that needs the system to be full of water to begin draining properly. I get a little humidity in the room but not a lot of condensation. This may depend on how humid it is where you live?

Hannan B.

Thanks you!! I found the issue i didnt remove the black plug for the water to go through. All good now thanks!!

Umar Bin I.
Umar Bin I.asked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi, i have a Bosch Series 8 dryer that normally empties the condensation bucket itself via the drain hose. Just recently it has been stopping after every 5 mins cycle asking me to empty the condensation bucket. Even if the bucket is empty and hose is connected to drain (as always) it’s still stopping after 5 mins.

Melgigz
Melgigz

I had my 3.5 year old ( bought new since Nov 2017) bosch heat pump dryer home professional version which is really a series 8 with added accesories, do this. The pump and its built in sensor ,which is just one part was replaced. The tech said cleaning the pump of lint will not fix it entirely and will reoccur , so he replaced the part. The part and repair comes with one year guarantee. Cost 30 mins of labor, aud$65 part and callout for home service fee here was $99. Total bill was $230, cheaper than buying a new one.

Hi Umar Bin I,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Dryer.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

dion m.
dion m.

This is happening to me as well Umar. Its frustrating beyond relief. Has been functioning just fine for the past year, but now it stops every 5 mins into a cycle asking for emptying of the condensation bucket. Did you end up fixing it?

gordon p.
gordon p.asked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

I've got the Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump and the water draining tube doesn't fit tight enough into the PVC drain spigot (attaches at 45 degrees to vertical drain pipe). The washer tube fits inside the spigot. I've bought a double spigot pvc pipe for this very reason. The Bosch Serie 8 Washer water drain tube fits perfectly. Why doesn't the Dryer come with the same set up?

I've tried a C-clamp but that doesn't work as the tube and spigot are different sizes?

Might be resorting to duct tape but clearly this must be a common requirement?

Marasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi, My Bosch Serie 8 WTW87565AU has never worked since we bought it a few years ago, I have tried everything, it just does not dry clothes. As a company you should not be allowed to sell this model.

KRM
KRM

It was suggested to me to make sure the iron button is turned off when drying the clothes. It seems to dry the clothes better I have found.

Mar

I’m currently trying to dry some towels on the towel setting, six hours and still damp.

Hi Mar,

Jill D.
Jill D.asked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

The timer to the dryer is set ...but the timer on my dryer might say 26 minutes but when it its 2 to 3 minutes into the drying cycle, the dryer jumps from 26 to say 2 minutes to go. I have tried different cycles ands doing the same thing. I have also unplugged and reset it but the timer is not working. Any advice
Jill de la Landed

Hi Jill D,

Rachel R
Rachel Rasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Ive had my Bosch series 8 heat pump dryer for about 3 months and yesterday it just stopped working altogether > any ideas on what to check

Hi Rachel R,
We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer.

Fab

I have the same dryer folks.
Bought it a week ago. It’s doing my head in. No matter what cycle you select it-shuts down after 5 minutes with clothes still wet
Incredibly frustrated considering what I’ve paid for it

Fab

I have the same dryer folks.
Bought it a week ago and it’s doing my head in.
Just won’t dry
No matter what cycle you select it runs for about 5 minutes and just stops.
A great 2k spent!
Not bloody happy

anna
annaasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

I have purchased matching series 8 washer and dryer. I have tried so many different settings just to dry the families underwear and socks. Every time they come out damp. I have had to re wash the full load more than once because if there was a delay in me removing from dryer they stunk of wet washing. Im at my wits end. Together with the washer making everything scratchy I feel like I have thrown $3600 down the toilet.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Hi Anna , I appreciate your frustrations and as yet have not had a verbal discussion with Bosch. It appears to be a common problem that Bosch refuses to acknowledge. I used to have an old fashioned dryer that had a simple hot /cold switch that work perfectly... those were the days !

Hi Anna,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11144 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Narelle
Narelle

I am copying Anna's post as I am having the same issues. I have purchased matching series 8 washer and dryer. I have tried so many different settings just to dry the families underwear and socks. Unless I put them on towels setting and in with the towels they come out damp. I have had to re wash the full load more than once because if there was a delay in me removing from dryer they stunk of wet washing. Im at my wits end. I feel like I have thrown $3600 down the toilet.
It's so frustrating putting sheets in and walking away to cmoe back and it has obviously shut itself off, for no reason and sheets are still as wet as they were when I took them out of the washing machine. It's doing my head in.

Chris' mum
Chris' mumasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

USELESS! Doesn't dry clothes, regardless of the setting. I clean the lint filter after each load and empty the water tray but to no avail. I feel so cheated. My old Kleenmaid (too big for the cupboard that passes as a laundry in our new house) was a workhorse - dried huge loads quickly. This Bosch dryer is a waste of space. In all conscience I couldn't pass it on to anyone else ... it's going to the tip!

Hi Chris Mum,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10979 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Jo H.
Jo H.

Agreed - it certainly doesn’t appear to dry clothes in the way that we may be accustomed to traditionally. Regardless of setting the product always feels cold and I need to put it on an airing rack to warm it up again

Dianne E.
Dianne E.asked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

My dryer is not drying clothes. Condensation and lint is lining the rubber seal around inside of the door. I have tried to troubleshoot but I’m out tricks. Any ideas?

Hi Dianne E,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10971 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

Sandy
Sandyasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

What’s the down setting for ?

Hi Sandy,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch dryer. The down setting is for clothing, pillows, bedspreads or eiderdowns filled with down.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Elena
Elenaasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

My dryer has been perfect for the past 3 years. Now seems after every load the water symbol comes on (even though the storage container is not completely full!). At times it does even dry the clothes just issues the alarm that the water unit is full. Anyone else have this issue?

Hi Elena,
Thanks for the question. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 and select option 2. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Melanie L.asked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

My dryer has stopped drying. Nightmare. On for over 3 hours and clothes still damp..... it doesn’t seem to be getting warm. Any ideas?

Mike
Mike

I have the same model and problem. Still in warranty therefore exchanging for WTW87564AU.

Did they say how to rectify it. I’ve had mine 4 Years

Hi Melanie L,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Liza
Lizaasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi, I have a Bosch Washing machine Series 8- WAW 28460AU model number and would like to know if the Bosch heat pumper dryer Series 8 WTW 87566AU will be able to be stacked on top. If so, do I need any stacking shelves, or can I just stack on top?
Many thanks!

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Liza, Thanks for the question regarding our Bosch Dryer WTW87565AU.
You can absolutely stack this dryer on top of your Bosch Series 8 Washing machine. However we would defiantly recommend that you purchase a stacking shelf if you would like your dryer to sit on top the washer safely, as this will help prevent them from moving or falling. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Kaz A.asked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

The water drain nozzle will not turn to the left . It seems jammed . Is there some trick I’m missing - have watched all the videos and the turning of the nozzle looks easy?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Kaz A., unfortunately no trick. You are correct it should be fairy easy to turn. You may need to have an authorised service agent come out and take a look. If you would like to speak to someone please call us on 1300 369 744, Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Kaz A.

Thanks - had nice had a tech out . Nice big Allen key stuck in the thingy and pump now gone :(

Kristieasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

I have had my dryer for not even a day n it’s already not working .. I’ve literally just watched it .. any drying cycle. I put it on runs for 3 minutes n then the timer goes to 1 minute.. why is it doing this after 1 day .. can I get a refund .. we have 8 people in our home n we can’t afford to not have a dryer in this weather

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Kristie, Thank you for your question. Could you please call us on 1300 369 744 (Monday - Friday 7am - 12am AEST ), we would be happy to discuss this with you. Kind regards Bosch Home Appliances.

Will do thankyou

Stewart A
Stewart A

Did you find out what was causing this issue? i seem to have the same problem, however i just bought mine and am just using a single towel to test. I'm wondering if I need to add more clothes and that the dryer thinks there's nothing inside or it's done drying?

Paul B.
Paul B.asked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

How do you change your dryness level on this dryer in specific steps please? In fact how do you change anything using the rectangle tabs to the right of the settings dial. I push buttons and nothing happens. Thanks

Hi Paul B.,
Thank you for your question. To increase the dryness level, set the degree of dryness to between 1 sun symbol
to 3 sun symbol found on the display (please refer to image on page 21, to show the image of the sun symbol that appears on your display) . This will extend the program duration but the temperature will remain the same. Once you have adjusted the degree of dryness for a program, this setting will be retained for the program even after the appliance has been switched off. This information can be found in the user manual page 21-24 . If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Sam
Sam

Some other users were saying you have to remove the sticker from the button panel

Robert S
Robert Sasked
Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Does the hose draining into the sink have to 80cm up or can it drain directly into the sink? My dryer sits on top of my washing machine.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers questions