Bosch Serie 8 WTW87565AU

68 questions from our users

Chris' mum

Chris' mumasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

USELESS! Doesn't dry clothes, regardless of the setting. I clean the lint filter after each load and empty the water tray but to no avail. I feel so cheated. My old Kleenmaid (too big for the cupboard that passes as a laundry in our new house) was a workhorse - dried huge loads quickly. This Bosch dryer is a waste of space. In all conscience I couldn't pass it on to anyone else ... it's going to the tip!

Hi Chris Mum,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10979 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Dianne E.

Dianne E.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

My dryer is not drying clothes. Condensation and lint is lining the rubber seal around inside of the door. I have tried to troubleshoot but I’m out tricks. Any ideas?

Hi Dianne E,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10971 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Sandy

Sandyasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

What’s the down setting for ?

Hi Sandy,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch dryer. The down setting is for clothing, pillows, bedspreads or eiderdowns filled with down.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Elena

Elenaasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

My dryer has been perfect for the past 3 years. Now seems after every load the water symbol comes on (even though the storage container is not completely full!). At times it does even dry the clothes just issues the alarm that the water unit is full. Anyone else have this issue?

Hi Elena,
Thanks for the question. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 and select option 2. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Melanie L.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

My dryer has stopped drying. Nightmare. On for over 3 hours and clothes still damp..... it doesn’t seem to be getting warm. Any ideas?

Mike
Mike

I have the same model and problem. Still in warranty therefore exchanging for WTW87564AU.

Did they say how to rectify it. I’ve had mine 4 Years

Hi Melanie L,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Liza

Lizaasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi, I have a Bosch Washing machine Series 8- WAW 28460AU model number and would like to know if the Bosch heat pumper dryer Series 8 WTW 87566AU will be able to be stacked on top. If so, do I need any stacking shelves, or can I just stack on top?
Many thanks!

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Liza, Thanks for the question regarding our Bosch Dryer WTW87565AU.
You can absolutely stack this dryer on top of your Bosch Series 8 Washing machine. However we would defiantly recommend that you purchase a stacking shelf if you would like your dryer to sit on top the washer safely, as this will help prevent them from moving or falling. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Kaz A.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

The water drain nozzle will not turn to the left . It seems jammed . Is there some trick I’m missing - have watched all the videos and the turning of the nozzle looks easy?

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Kaz A., unfortunately no trick. You are correct it should be fairy easy to turn. You may need to have an authorised service agent come out and take a look. If you would like to speak to someone please call us on 1300 369 744, Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Kaz A.

Thanks - had nice had a tech out . Nice big Allen key stuck in the thingy and pump now gone :(

Kristieasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

I have had my dryer for not even a day n it’s already not working .. I’ve literally just watched it .. any drying cycle. I put it on runs for 3 minutes n then the timer goes to 1 minute.. why is it doing this after 1 day .. can I get a refund .. we have 8 people in our home n we can’t afford to not have a dryer in this weather

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Kristie, Thank you for your question. Could you please call us on 1300 369 744 (Monday - Friday 7am - 12am AEST ), we would be happy to discuss this with you. Kind regards Bosch Home Appliances.

Will do thankyou

Stewart A
Stewart A

Did you find out what was causing this issue? i seem to have the same problem, however i just bought mine and am just using a single towel to test. I'm wondering if I need to add more clothes and that the dryer thinks there's nothing inside or it's done drying?

Paul B.

Paul B.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

How do you change your dryness level on this dryer in specific steps please? In fact how do you change anything using the rectangle tabs to the right of the settings dial. I push buttons and nothing happens. Thanks

Hi Paul B.,
Thank you for your question. To increase the dryness level, set the degree of dryness to between 1 sun symbol
to 3 sun symbol found on the display (please refer to image on page 21, to show the image of the sun symbol that appears on your display) . This will extend the program duration but the temperature will remain the same. Once you have adjusted the degree of dryness for a program, this setting will be retained for the program even after the appliance has been switched off. This information can be found in the user manual page 21-24 . If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Sam
Sam

Some other users were saying you have to remove the sticker from the button panel

Robert S

Robert Sasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Does the hose draining into the sink have to 80cm up or can it drain directly into the sink? My dryer sits on top of my washing machine.

Agnes S.

Agnes S.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi we have had the dryer for approximately 12 months and it has stopped heating. Still spins the goes through the cycle however no longer warm dries.

Hi Agnes S.,
We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dryer.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Amb.Hasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Love the dryer, but I design floor in my laundry is the sink is really far away from where I put a space for the dryer. Can you put a 2m hose for drainage without voiding warranty or stressing the motor etc?
Help would be extremely appreciated!

Hi Amb,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WTW87565AU.
If you don't have a drain connection close enough then we would recommend leaving the water draining into the condenser container. If you install an extension hose that long then chances are the water will not be able to move through the entire length and might end up coming back into the appliance. Only if there is damage caused by the extension would the costs of any repairs not be covered under warranty.

Okay thank you so much!

John B

John Basked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

I have a WTW87564AU condenser dryer.

What does the lever on the side of the condensation tank do?
It is attached to the front drain (large Hole) of the tank, but can only be operated manually.
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Hi John,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WTW87565AU.
We're unable to confirm based on the information supplied but if you have a look at page 34 of your user manual, is this what you're talking about?
It might be better if you contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.

David A.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi. I have had the dryer for a couple of years now and it has worked with no problem. The dryer has the drainage pipe installed and has worked well till now. The dryer now stops after 4-5 minutes and beeps saying I need to empty the condensation tray when they tray is empty. Do I need a technician out or is there a simple fix.

David

Baqar Alam
Baqar Alam

Hi David
I have the same problem, did you find the solution for this?

Hi both,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch driers.
For that issue a service call would be needed to determine the cause of the fault.

David A.

Had a tech come out. Needed a new water pump.

James B.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi I have just purchased a Bosch dryer WTW87564AU and no matter what cycle I select (apart from Timed cold&warm) The dryer only operates for 4minutes . So if you select say "Mix which should run for 1hr17mins. It runs for the first 3 minutes then goes to 1 minute left and stops. I have tried turning off the automatic switch off mode, but It still only dries for a total of 4 minutes. So frustrating. There is nothing in the owners manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bits and pieces

Hi James B. Not sure if this helps, but check if the condensation drawer is full. Also try turning the unit off and then back on again.

James B.

This dryer is brand new....the condensation drawer is bone dry..I have turned it on and off.about a dozen times trying each cycle.....

Hi James,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WTW87565AU.
Unfortunately there's no troubleshooting we can supply for this issue and can only recommend a service call.
Please contact us on 1300 369 744 with your appliance information. Working with our colleagues in the UK we are open 24 hours from Monday 8:30am to Friday 5:00pm so please call at your convenience.

Lin Z.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hello, I just purchased the WTW87565AU and connected the drain hose as per the user manual, however, the water does not go through the drain hose to the sink, it still goes into the condensation container at the top and I still need to empty it everytime. What should i do about this? Thanks! Lin

bits and pieces

Hi Lin Z. I have a slightly different model (WTW87564AU), but I'm guessing there are a lot of similarities. On pages 32 to 35 of my manual under 'Draining the Condensation Water', it shows a number of steps that you need to do. It would be worth checking that you have the condensation hose in the correct position on the back of the dryer. Also double check you've removed the plug from the underside of the condensation drawer and removed the filter out of it's snap-in lock. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Lin Z.

Thankyou! yes I did follow the instructions, i.e. remocing the stopper plug and filter etc. However the water still goes into the container...

Hi Lin,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WTW87565AU.
If you have followed the instructions in the user manual, including putting the correct hoses on the correct nozzles then the only thing we can suggest is a service call. Please bear in mind that if it hasn't been fitted correctly then this service call will not be covered under the warranty.
Feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to arrange this.

Gerry

Gerryasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

I wish I'd read these reviews before I bought the dryer. Too many options on the front panel I can't even use it yet. Too complicated I just want to dry my clothes. It doesn't even start for me. Where can I get help to use it. Read the book but that didn't help. why can't these things be usrer friendly instead of have so many stupid options that we don't need.

Hi Gerry,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues navigating how to use the appliance. If the user manual is not for you, alternatively you can go back to the retailer you purchased the appliance from, and ask them to demonstrate a quick 'how to' for you. Or if you would prefer to speak to someone feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

R Saasked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

Hi we have Bosch serie 8 dryer self cleaning condenser, earlier the water needs to be drained in the top box, i adjust the drain pipe, since then it doesn’t need emptying, is this normal or should i call Bosch

Hi,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WTW87565AU.
With the drain system the condensate container should not need to be emptied so it seems you have fixed the issue you had without realising it.

Oh thank you so much!

Sel

Selasked

Hi,
We have this model and find that it doesn't dry and it takes forever and ever!!.
Could you please tell me what setting I should put on for clothes like socks, jocks and general clothing????
Look forward to you response.
Thanks Sel

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Sel, We recommend using Easy Care or Mixed Load program then you can alter your settings to Fine Adjust. If you think the laundry is still too damp when the drying program has ended, you can adjust the degree of dryness to achieve a particular dryness level. Please refer to page 23 & 24 of your user manual. Kind Regards Bosch Home Australia

Sue

I have the same problem - i hate my new dryer. I use Easy Care, put it to the highest drying setting and Cupboard + dry and it is still hopeless. Really disappointed in the product.

Sue

By the way - we only bought the washer and dryer a few months ago. Also, really poor quality electronics on the front - and too many choices for washing and drying that are never what you want, and have automated settings that you don't want and constantly have to change. Do not buy - stick to Australian goods in my experience. LGs, Simpsons, etc have all been great. Don't know why we switched to Bosch.

Mile T.asked

Serie 8 WTW87565AU

We purchased our dryer just over 2 years ago. I seem to have the same problem as most of this thread. The dryer will start and 5 minutes in the empty tank alert will come on and it will stop. We actually have our dryer plumbed straight to the waste, bypassing the tank. I checked the line and it is clean. I tried draining to the tank and have the same problem. This seems like a common problem for an expensive machine.

Melissa H.
Melissa H.

Hi - did you find any solutions for this? Just started having the exact same issue :(

Hi,
We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dryer. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. It might end up needing a service call.

Hi Melissa,
Sorry for not replying earlier. Contacted Bosch. Even though we were outside the warranty period they very promptly repaired the dryer under warranty.
Turned out to be a small pump. I always say you can tell more about a company when things do go wrong. For this reason, I would highly recommend Bosch. I also need to add, it’s drying better than ever.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Heat Pump Tumble Dryers questions