Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox) Questions & Answers

MPN: SMS88TI01A

57 questions from our users

Tan G.
Tan G.asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi I’ve lost my manual. Can you please advise me if and how we can set it to come on in like 8 hrs. TIA

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Tan G, Thank you for your question.You can delay the start of the programme by up to 24 hours. Below is a link to where you can download the user manual for your appliance. You will find on page 30. a step by step on how to do this. https://www.bosch-home.com.au/productlist/dishwashers/freestanding-dishwashers/dishwasher-60-cm-wide/SMS88TI01A#/Tabs=tab-3185783/

P J.
P J.asked

Hi
Just bought a Bosch SMS88TI10A dishwasher for a rental property.
noticed when taking away the old dishwasher that there is only one supply hose available (not sure if it is hot or cold - but presume hot hose). However, I noticed that there are 2 hose connections on the back of the new Bosch dishwasher.

Is it OK to connect and use one hose ( -the one I already have), or do I need to connect 2 water supply hoses for the dishwasher to function correctly.

Phil
\

Hi PJ,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A.
There is only one inlet hose for the appliance and as per your installation instructions it should be connected to water that is no more than 60 degrees. Cold is better though for the initial rinse to not "cook" any food remnants onto the dishes. The appliance has an internal heater. The other hose is for the drainage.

Mark
Markasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

I've just bought one of these dishwashers and have run a Quick 45C and a normal 45C wash. Both left the dishes inside very wet both on plastics and crockery. Any suggestions on which cycles are better at drying or which set up settings are best to maximise the drying at the end of a cycle??

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A.
There are a number of tips on page 37 of your user manual.

Adi59
Adi59asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Just bought the above model.
After installation I discovered that I can not remove the panel, so I will put the skirt on ? ANY Suggestions ? Help ! please

Hi Adi59
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you.

azeane1
azeane1asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

How well does this dry the dishes?

Rosemary M.
Rosemary M.asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi there, just want to know if there is any way to stop the pre rinse on some of the cycles. I have looked through the handbook and it doesn't mention it.. it says pre rinse on the screen on some cycles. Thankyou

Hi Rosemary,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A.
There is no way to stop the Pre Rinse. We would recommend using the programs without one.

Jude
Judeasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Why is my dishwasher a series 8 SMS88T101A/04 continually displaying the message "start appliance" when it has not been set to start

Hi Jude,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A.
The only troubleshooting we can advise on this is to check if the appliance was inadvertently turned on with the power button. If this is not the case then a service call would most likely be needed.

Mais51

Mine does the same, turns on by itself randomly, I have to turn the power off at the power point if I leave the house for an extended period such as holiday.
I think it has a faulty control panel that must be attended to by a Bosch technician.
Just have to wait out this Covid-19 and keep my fingers cross that the fault doesn't get any worst before someone can take a look at this. Mine is 4 years old - been using Bosch dish washers since 1978 - this is my third one, the last two lasted nearly 20 years each.

fshnmad

We had ours turn on by itself during the night.
First tech came out and replaced control board, great service.
It started doing it again not long after.
Second tech came out. I just about threw him out as he had no people skills, was rude and basically crapped himself when he noticed a few "German Cockroaches" inside the base of the door when he pulled it apart.
Proceeded to tell us that it's the baby cockroaches running across the circuit board that sets the machine off!!!!
And because of this warranty is void unless we get pest control out immediately and have proof if we ever wanted service under our warranty.
What manufacturer would design a circuit board that is not coated to protect it from crawlies especially in such a hot and humid environment! And it must be pretty poorly sealed to let this happen as well.
Pretty sure the "German Roaches" came with the unit as a free added bonus from Deutschland!
Biggest load of rubbish I've heard of.

Beefa O.
Beefa O.asked

Hi All,
Has anyone come across the error "no communication". Just this morning, I turned the machine on and in about 1 minute, the display said it was finished. I tried unplugging, resetting etc, but it doesn't want to play anymore. It's coming up to 4 years old so I'm wondering if this is about right for a Bosch Dishwasher and I will have to replace it. I think it was expensive but nothing seems to last these days. Has anyone had this type of fault before and what did you do to resolve? Cheers Brett

Hi Beefa,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A.
A service call is all we can recommend for this issue.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Working with our colleagues in the UK we provide a 24 hours contact from 8:30 Monday to 5:00 Friday so please call at your convenience.

Mahsa p.
Mahsa p.asked

Hi dear
My device made automatically opening door in end of job but now it doesn't open automatically. Could you please help me?

Hi Mahsa,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A.
If that is no longer happening, a service call is all we can recommend.
If you need help with this or the appliance is still under warranty please contact us on 1300 369 744.

Davidasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

We have just bought one of these brand new, and have done just one wash so far. It was lightly soiled dishes which had been pre- rinsed, so I figured the “eco” wash would suffice. To say the results were absolutely terrible was an understatement, and to be honest I’m concerned we have bought a total, very expensive dud. I have had dishwashers for the last 40 years and this one wash cycle is easily the worst I’ve ever experienced.
What’s the point of the “eco” cycle?
What cycle should I try next time? I’m hoping “auto” will work dramatically better, because otherwise I will be demanding my money back. We are off to a very rocky start here!

Hi David,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch dishwasher.
The Eco cycle is designed to use the smallest amount of power and water at the expense of a longer running time. If you find that the cycle continues to not work feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to go through troubleshooting to sort it out.

David

Thanks - but you really haven’t answered my question at all. What is the point of an “eco” cycle if it simply doesn’t wash dishes- which WERE all pre rinsed in the sink? The power (141 KWh per year) and water (12 litres) figures are therefore complete rubbish! (Although it was a full load, after dinner guests, I made very sure before switching it on that plates were stacked correctly and that the swing arms could rotate freely.)
What other cycle would you recommend for us for a full load of dishes which have had all loose food removed?
As I said, we’ve always had dishwashers for the last 40 odd years- and unless the results improve a hell of a lot on our next wash, this is rapidly shaping up as both the dearest, and the worst dishwasher that we’ve ever had.

Hi David,
The Eco cycle should be cleaning your dishes as designed. If this is not working, please check that your dishwasher is connected to cold water inlet and not hot. If it is still not working after this, please contact us and we would be happy to look into this for you.

karen55asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Does this dishwasher have auto open at end of cycle.

Hi Karen55,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A.
This model does not open at the end of the cycle and we would suggest using the delay start option to have the appliance end at a convenient time to open the door when someone is around.

Mais51

Always keep my dishwasher door shuts - don't want any crawling insect getting in.

karen55asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi, does this dishwasher have lights inside and or self opening at the end of cycle for drying? I really want the latter so if not what models do havecthat and adjustable shelves. Thanks

Hi Karen55,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A.
None of our dishwashers have an auto open function. We do have the delay start time function to ensure the appliance ends at a convenient time. All of our dishwashers have the adjustable top shelf though. If you look at our website, https://www.bosch-home.com.au/productlist/dishwashers/freestanding-dishwashers, you can see all the different functions available.

karen55

What is auto air dry that is stated as being on some of the dishwashers then? And does this particular one have lights inside which was my other question?

Hi Karen,
In order to have the EmotionLight interior lighting you would have to go to the built under type in the Series 8 range.

Sa H.
Sa H.asked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Can i connect Bosch SMS88TI01A to cold water or it needs to go with hot water supply.

bms
bms

No, these dishwashers only need cold water. They have internal heat elements.

Phil C
Phil Casked

Hey
My machine has been good
Today it wont turn on, the screen lights up quickly then goes out.
Tried resert etc.
After power was disconnected we tried again.
A message came up in german??? Saying no communication.
Its not that old

Tim L.
Tim L.

Mine lasted 4 years. Then I didn't even get lights.

Hi Phil C,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch dishwasher.
We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your appliance.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you.

Stephen Honig
Stephen Honigasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

The plastic on top tray that swings to hold the cups fell off and I don't know how to replace it?

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Stephen, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher.
Please refer to your user manual under Etagere.
Adjust the height of the etagere as follows:
1. Position the etagere vertically and pull upwards.
2. Push etagere at a slight angle downwards to the required height (1, 2, or 3).
3. Engage etagere. Etagere “clicks” into position.

Dawn and Ralph
Dawn and Ralphasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

what does the machine care function do and how often should i use it

Hi Dawn and Ralph,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher.
As soon as the Machine Care display lights up in the control panel, or you are advised to do so on the front display, run the Machine cleaning program Machine Care without loading any tableware. After you have run the Machine Care the display in the control panel will go out.
If your dishwasher does not have a reminder function, follow the instructions on your manual for use on the machine cleaning detergents. Please note this function appears to not be available for your model dishwasher.

Terence
Terenceasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi, I’m try to buy one but I want to know if I can stop it during the washing cycle, since there’s no button on the screen or in the front of the door? Thanks! Teeence

Happy Mum
Happy Mum

I have opened my door before mid cycle by mistake. That stopped it, I closed the door & the cycle restarted without any issues.

Hi Terrance,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher.
You can interrupt the program however expansion (overpressure) may cause the appliance door to jump open and/or water to escape!
1. Open the door.
2. Switch off ON/OFF switch. The LEDs go out. The program is saved.
3. To continue the program, switch on the ON/OFF switch again.
4. Close the door.

Carolyn
Carolynasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Hi there we have the Bosch SMS88TI01A and over the past few months we have come home to it being turned on - not running but waiting for a command. Can anyone shed a light on this please.

fshnmad

We had ours turn on by itself during the night.
First tech came out and replaced control board, great service.
It started doing it again not long after.
Biggest load of rubbish I've heard of.

Jeanieasked
Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Just purchased a series 8 Bosch dishwasher - the manual says they are pre-set to English in the factory - mine is in Deutch (German) and try as I may I cannot set it to English - I have tried to follow the manual to do this, talked by phone on the Bosch helpline, phoned a sales rep at the store which we bought it from - all to no avail!!! We live 100 mile from the city where we purchased it so cant just "pop" back in there to find an answer. I am most frustrated and hope some one has a simple, easy way of switching to English displays.

I have run it through one cycle by going to the computer to the translate section and every time a German instruction came up, had it translated to English - but this a very slow way of doing things and not a good solution.
Kind regards - "Jeanie".

Winco
Winco

Hello Jeanie,

We recently purchased the same machine in Dec 2018. It is an excellent dishwasher. This must be frustrating for you. Here is my suggestion. Please follow my steps and report back so everyone can see if it worked or not.

1. Power off the dishwasher at the power source/plug. Power it back on.
2. Open the door > press on/off > press the 'I' for info symbol (next to the display) for 3 seconds
3. Use the > symbol (to the right of the display) to scroll right until you see 'Language' appear on the display.
4. Use the + or - symbol (also to the right of the display) to scroll until you see English appear on the display
5. Hit the 'I' symbol for 3 seconds again > Bob's yer uncle!

Whilst Google is everyone's friend, translating from German to English on each wash cycle isn't the best way to enjoy this dishwasher! ;-)

Remember, report back.

PS: Bosch Australia - what are you doing? This is top line item and you should be doing cartwheels and handstands to solve this for Jeanie, not relying on her posting for help online.

Jeanie

Thank you very much - I am away from home (and the dishwasher) until Tuesday, so cannot put your advice into action until then. However your information sounds pretty much word for word as to what was in the manual and what I have tried to do - using that technique lets me alter the time but not the language. Anyway once I am home I will try again and let you know the outcome. Thanks again and kind regards - Jeanie.

Jeanie

Hello Winco, Home again and I have followed your instructions to no avail. As I said earlier, that is what is in my manual and it works for the clock/time but it will not do the same for “language”, in fact no word remotely like ‘language’ is shown in the display window - I checked with translator as to what should come up in German. I am at a loss as to what to do - living so far away makes it very difficult, no technician is any where near and to have to pack it up and take it back to the store where we purchased it, is not an easy task either.
Thanks for trying to help - kind regards - Jeanie.

Nora
Noraasked
Rayes
Rayes

Currently $1,385 at The Good Guys and $1,599 at JB HiFi.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers questions

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Bosch Serie 8 SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox)

Other Freestanding Dishwashers