Bosch Serie 8 SMU88TS03A

8 questions from our users

Click J

Click Jasked

Serie 8 SMU88TS03A

Hi, I am looking for a dishwasher that obviously washes and dries dishes well but also has facility to place and clean Tupperware type plastic containers without them turning upside down during the cycle.

Also, I am single as yet so not too many dishes pile up and as yet I don't cook daily so don't always have big pots and pans. I saw somewhere online that Bosch has dish drawers - do you? i couldn't find it on your site. I am not very keen on leaving dirty dishes in the sink till there are enough dishes and pots and pans to load the dishwasher. Any suggestions for this scenario? Thanks.

Matt
Matt

Look for half load option. Our old Bosch had this ability, in which case you just use the lower basket.

Nathan

Nathanasked

Serie 8 SMU88TS03A

I noticed that the built under model isn't finger print resistant whereas that stand alone version of the series 8 is.
What are your thoughts on the finger print marks?
(Quite a concern for me given I have two little kids)

Watcher
Watcher

It isn't finger print resistant, but not too much.

Hope this can help.

Rebecca Grogan
Rebecca Grogan

I havent noticed any finger prints on ours and , until recently, we had 4 kids living here. To be honest I didnt even know about the finger print thing. our machine has had a hard 6 moths washing daily for 4 adults and 4 children and I suppose I am just grateful that it has handled the pressure so easily.

Muzzmeister
Muzzmeister

I'd be more concerned with the cleaning capability than the kids fingerprints: the manufacturer takes care of the former. The latter is inconsequential - unless you are OCD

Mchelle

Mchelleasked

Serie 8 SMU88TS03A

Do any of the Bosch dishwashers come with both cutlery drawer and basket?

Hi Mchelle,

Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher.

Our dishwasher models come with one or the other, however if you purchase a model with a cutlery drawer you're able to purchase a cutlery basket separately from our After Sales team.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours.

Home maker

I would assume that they come with one or the other, not both. My one has the top shelf drawer, but other models do have baskets

Mel

Melasked

Serie 8 SMU88TS03A

Where is this Model of Boach dishwasher made SMU88TSO3A???

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher.

This model is manufactured in Germany.

susand51

susand51asked

Hello.
Can anyone help me please? Where can I buy the Bosch SMU88TS01A? Preferably in the Perth, WA metro area, but online would be ok too.

charlie the cat

I would start with Winning Appliances. They have 3 Outlets in Perth. Also take a look at the Siemens equivalent model.

Hi Susan,

I bought mine from the Good Guys, over the phone. I never looked at it, just went off the info on the Bosch web site. Not sure if you have them in WA or not. Just ring Bosch and they should be able to give you a local retailer.
Hope that helps

Jan

Janasked

Serie 8 SMU88TS03A

Do Bosch dishwashers have the cutlery drawer, like Miele?

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher.

The style of the cutlery would depend on the model you purchase, our models either have a cutlery drawer or a cutlery basket. The SMU88TS03A comes with a cutlery drawer as picture here: http://www.bosch-home.com.au/products/dishwashers/built-in-dishwashers/built-under/SMU88TS03A.html.

Claire

Claireasked

Serie 8 SMU88TS03A

Is this a free standing model or can it be built in?

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher.

This is an under the bench model and needs to be attached to the cabinetry beside it.

Jas.O

Jas.Oasked

Serie 8 SMU88TS03A

Do you have to pre rinse dishes before placing them in the dishwasher?

Home maker

Hi there, If the dishes are really dirty I do, but generally I don't. It cleans perfectly every time on the quick cycle

Hi Jas.O,

Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher.

In most cases the dishes do not need to be rinsed, however we would recommend removing all food scraps and pre-rinsing the plates by hand if you have used any thick sauces like bolognaise.

charlie the cat

No you do not need to pre-rinse dishes, glasses, cutlery or pots. All you ever need to do is wipe away any large food particles, then let the dishwasher do its work.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Dishwashers questions