Bosch Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Listing monitored by Bosch Home Appliances

48 questions from our users

Susanasked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Hi what setting do I was on cold I can’t seem to work it out is it 90 . I’m doing a mixed load of colors

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Susan, Thank you for your question. Your machine has a program called 'Mix'. This is perfect for a mixed load of cottons and synthetic fabrics. This program temperature ranges from cold - 40 °C. Once you have selected the program, simply amend the temperature by selecting the second button, directly under the LED display symbol that states the temp of the program. This information can all be found on page 26 of your user manual 'Display Panel'. If you did need further information, please call our team on 1300 369 744, Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Amy B.
Amy B.

Press the temperature. It should go down by 10' from 90 to 20', then snowflake. The snowflake is cold

Susan

Thank you. What setting should I was my towels on and is 60 degrees ok .

Deiderc
Deidercasked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

I cannot release the I-dos drawer to clean it. It seems to be stuck. I don’t want to break the clips, they don’t seem to be very strong.

Hi deiderc,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch washing machine.
Instructions on how to clean your i-DOS detergent draw and its housing is in your user manual on pages 51-52 we would recommend to follow these instructions to avoid any damage. If you need any more help, feel free to contact our customer careline on 1300 369 744.

Judy M.
Judy M.asked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Hi I have an ongoing problem with detergent dispenser drawer - the warning light and beeping comes on incorrectly indicating that the drawer isn't closed. After opening and re-closing the drawer it will reset and I can start the cycle. I've also cleaned the dispenser. But now it has completely stopped - I think its a service issue but any ideas? Thanks.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Judy M. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your appliance.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Gotthegott
Gotthegott asked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

First wash from brand new won't pump out error 36 /10 flashing, have drained it twice did a rinse and spin twice same result each time

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Gotthegott, Thank you for your question. Based on the the information advised, we'd like to help. If you contact us on 1300 369 744 (select option 1), and be sure to provide your model number. We'll investigate further for you. Kind regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Kate
Kateasked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

I am having repeated problems with the i-dos. My drum is filling with suds even when its just doing a rinse and spin. I have emptied the soap drawer now to rinse it all out but I did this a few weeks ago too after the same problem. Amy ideas??
Thanks k

Hi Kate,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Washing Machine. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you.

Vegeta
Vegetaasked

Hello,
What are the wash cycle times when speedperfect is selected? eg the below are 'normal' times but I wanted to know what the 'speed perfect' equivalent is for each cycle

WASH CYCLE TIMES
9kg cottons 90C 3hrs
9kg cottons 20C 3hrs 15mins
9kg cottons 40C 3hrs 30mins
9kg cottons 60C ecoperfect rinseplus 5hrs 45mins

Eg if you added speedperfect to the above, what would they all be? Cheers

Hi Vegeta,
Thank you for your question.

ANSWERS FOR SPEED PERFECT WASH CYCLE TIMES:
2kg wool 30C 45mins – Speed perfect not possible on WOOL.
2kg delicates/silk 30C 45mins – 38 minutes
4kg mix 40C 1hr – 45 minutes
4kg easy care 40C 2hrs – 51 minutes
9kg cottons 60C 3hrs - 66 minutes
9kg cottons 90C 3hrs – 99 minutes
9kg cottons 20C 3hrs 15mins – 60 minutes
9kg cottons 40C 3hrs 30mins – 60 minutes
9kg cottons 60C eco perfect rinse plus 5hrs 45mins. (Cannot have ECO perfect and Speed plus on at same time for this program) Speed plus & rinse plus with NO eco perfect is 90 minutes.
*All programs on a 1400 rpm Spin speed.

If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

Jarjardarasked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

My machine is the German series 8. It is two years old.
When you select the cycle- usually cotton or Mix, then I change the temp to 30 or 20 or cold. However, when you press the temp pad, it wont stop on say 30, but keeps scrolling itself to cold. So you cant choose 20 or 30.
I have already had this replaced just outside of warranty, but they replaced under warranty.
Is this a common problem?

Anybody??

Hi Jarjardar,
Thank you for your question. You should be able to adjust temp settings according to cycle selection, however remember some cycles default to lower wash temps due to the garment being washed. If the button is held down (as opposed to being repeatedly pressed) the options scroll through quickly without pausing on each individual setting. This maybe what is happening . If not then you may require a service call. Can you please contact us on 1300 369 744 (select option 1), and we'll be able to arrange this for you.
Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Jarjardar

Im not holding down the adjustment button, i press jt very quickly and scrolls through to cold sometimes. Sometimes i can select 20 degrees. I am using the mix setting- does that default to cold?

Gee
Geeasked

Hi,

I am experiencing an ongoing problem with this washing machine. It has been causing a lot of lint on my clothes. My clothes after a wash cycle are covered in greyish/whitish fluff all over the clothes. I have tried using less detergent, less softener and lower speed cycle and nothing is working. I wash on cold wash cycles. Are you able to give tips or provide reasoning why this might be happening? I have had really expensive garments ruined and now my everyday items I have had to dispose because of the lint.

Hi Gee,
Thanks for your question regarding your washing machine.
Excessive lint on clothes after washing may be an indication that the filter to the water supply may be blocked. To clean the filter please refer to Page 54 of your user manual, as there is a step by step guide (and diagram) to show you how to clean the filter.
If this is completed the issue persist, we ask if you could kindly call us on 1300 369 744 (select option 3), for further support. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia

Gerard M.
Gerard M.asked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

My detergent and fabric softener lights are flashing during wash cycles do I need to do something

Hi Gerard M,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch.
If the detergent icon is flashing this generally is signalling that the detergent drawer has not been pushed in completely. Push the detergent drawer in correctly and reset the program. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Lisa d.
Lisa d.asked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Do all Bosch washing machine have a build in heating element? / want to have an option for 60 and 90°C wash.

Judi
Judi

Bosch Serie 8 WAW28620AU does.

Janis M
Janis Masked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

How to add washing powder manually

Hi Janis M,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing Machine.
Your washing machine has an intelligent dosing system for liquid detergent and fabric softener. The washing machine doses your detergent and fabric softener automatically in most programmes.
You can change the settings for automatic detergent dosage before the programme starts. Please follow the correct selection of detergent on page 29 of your user manual when manually adding detergent. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Kassasked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

I’ve had my machine about 18 months now after 25 year with a front loader and love it. It is quite, quick and cleans well. I didn’t think I’d use the idos when I bought it but I can’t go without it now. My only issue is that it flattens and twists the pile of my bath towels (which my top loader never did) so I need to pop them in the dryer for a quick spin before I hang them out to dry. Also does not filter out hair(human not pet) which I find on the floor when I’m placing clothes on my drying racks. Is there a lint filter somewhere I need to clean.

Hi Kass,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Washine Machine.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11045 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.

dogalogue
dogalogueasked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Can someone tell me how long the cottons wash programme goes for as this is the only program you can have the full 9kg in it.

Hi dogalogue,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU Washing Machine.
The cottons program is 3hours & 17mins for EcoPerfect
The SpeedPerfect setting is suitable as a short program for lightly soiled laundry. The duration is 60mins
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

maniasked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

I am very disappointed with my 9kg load series 8. I used to have Electrolux 9kg and it used to take 9kg but Bosch can just about hold 4 kg. Is Bosch lying about the weight? I am really frustrated. I bought Bosch i week ago and already feel like returning it unless you have a good reason for the weight specified?

Robyn
Robyn

Oh gosh, I’ve literally just had one of these delivered to my home! I hope I’m going to be happy with it
I’ve just read 3 comments saying the same thing as you!
I’m trying to find information on whether both/either liquid or powder detergents can be used. Do you have an opinion on this as this is my first front loader

mani

I have no issues with the quality of washing. I have used both powder and liquid at different occasions. Its the load weight I am not happy about

Hi Mani ,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing Machine.
We recommend referring to page 57 of your user manual. This page provides you with consumption rates and approximate values. We have listed the link to the user manual below. Both liquid and power detergents can be used in this appliance.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 and select option 1.

Donna H.
Donna H.asked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

I was sold this machine after a sales person said it was a 9kg washer. Well after getting it home and installing it there are only 2 programs that say I can put 9kg in. I wash daily on a mixed cycle and I need to be able to load more than 4kg in a load. And how am I meant to tell when I have reached the limit? So far I’m not happy by what I see as false advertising.

eel
eelasked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Can i use i-DOS with just liquid detergent (no softener)?

Melissa W.
Melissa W.

Hi eel,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch washing machine. Our user manual recommends using both liquid detergent and softener, however I-DOS is still functional without using fabric softener. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Carrie
Carrieasked

Hi,
We love our Bosch washing machine; however, the sad fact is that it has never given us soft clothes/linen/towels. The towels in particular are so hard and scratchy and we cannot understand why as we check regularly that the softner dispenser is filled.
Please help.
Carrie

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Carrie, Thank you for your question. It has been found with front load washing machines across the market that towels can be found to be flat and hard to the touch. The wash quality in a front loader is of a very high standard and the high spin speed can cause the problem.

To solve this problem I would suggest a few things:
1. Reduce the amount of detergent in the wash, so for a full load of towels, only use a quarter of a scoop or cap. Overdosing detergent will also cause hard stiff clothes, not just towels.
2. Make sure you use front loading only powder.
3. Reduce the spin speed on the cycle to about 700 - 800 as a higher spin will squash the pile on the towel as they hit the drum.
4. When the towels are taken out of the machine, give them a good shake to fluff up the pile again before
you put them on the line.
5. Try not to leave the towels in direct sunlight on the line as this can scorch the fibre and make the towels even harder.
6. If you have a Dryer at home, you can try putting them on a low temperature for a few minutes and that should bring them back to life.

These suggestions should improve the quality of the wash for your towels and there should be no need to use fabric softener. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Kass

Hi Carrie. The scratchy and low pile in my bath towels is my only gripe with this machine too but I’ve since realised all front loaders do a similar thing. I pop my towels in my dryer for the shortest cycle time 20mins before hanging them out to dry. Extra work I know but it does the job.

Rextasked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Bosch advise that I can't change the default program from "Cottons" to "Auto 40".
Is this correct and if not how do I do it?

Len

Have you read p.21 of the instruction manual?

All the program defaults are preset at the factory.

Try pressing the corresponding buttons until the required settings are displayed.

Pressing and holding the button automatically runs through the the setting values until it reaches the last one. The settings are activated without your confirmation. Press the button once more and you will be able to change the setting values again.

Note that the settings will revert back to the factory defaults when the machine is turned off, so don't turn it off until your finished with it.

Also see p.24 and the Supplementary loose sheet inserted at the back of the manual.

Don't think you can swap one preset default program for another and use the cotton parameters for the auto 40 (target program).

Sorry if that's not very helpful. I like using the quick 15minute program, first one on the left. Sometimes I use it twice. That is after the wash I rewash the clothes a second time without any detergents. I can save time that way as I've also increased washing time to 30mins; I don't want to wash for 45mins for e.g.

I see that the cotton preset of 1 hour is a bit long. If you want to shorten the time you can activate 'speed perfect' by pushing it then turning the dial to the right,
see video at 1 min 55 secs at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqxqClGvS74

Regards,

Rext

Thanks Len but that's not what I'm after.
I know about the various settings but it's the actual "Auto 40" Program I want to set as default.

Mary W.
Mary W.asked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Hi Bosch, I use vinegar as fabric softner in my current machine? Can you do the same in a Bosch I Dos machine? If not, where does this go?

Rupinder S.
Rupinder S.

You can still use vinegar as a febric softener next to the detergent box. Detol is not recommended though in the febric softener box.
Hope it helps
Regards

Hi Mary,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WAW28620AU.
We recommend the use of standard, universal and colour liquid detergents for all machine-washable, coloured fabrics made of cotton or synthetic materials and since we have not tested vinegar we cannot recommend using it.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Clara
Claraasked
Serie 8 WAW28620AU

What is different between waw28620au and way32891au?
What is most lastest model?

See all Bosch Serie 8 Front Load Washing Machines questions