Bosch Serie 8 WAW28620AU

37 questions from our users

Kass

Kassasked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

I’ve had my machine about 18 months now after 25 year with a front loader and love it. It is quite, quick and cleans well. I didn’t think I’d use the idos when I bought it but I can’t go without it now. My only issue is that it flattens and twists the pile of my bath towels (which my top loader never did) so I need to pop them in the dryer for a quick spin before I hang them out to dry. Also does not filter out hair(human not pet) which I find on the floor when I’m placing clothes on my drying racks. Is there a lint filter somewhere I need to clean.

Hi Kass,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Washine Machine.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11045 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

dogalogue

dogalogueasked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Can someone tell me how long the cottons wash programme goes for as this is the only program you can have the full 9kg in it.

Hi dogalogue,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU Washing Machine.
The cottons program is 3hours & 17mins for EcoPerfect
The SpeedPerfect setting is suitable as a short program for lightly soiled laundry. The duration is 60mins

maniasked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

I am very disappointed with my 9kg load series 8. I used to have Electrolux 9kg and it used to take 9kg but Bosch can just about hold 4 kg. Is Bosch lying about the weight? I am really frustrated. I bought Bosch i week ago and already feel like returning it unless you have a good reason for the weight specified?

Robyn
Robyn

Oh gosh, I’ve literally just had one of these delivered to my home! I hope I’m going to be happy with it
I’ve just read 3 comments saying the same thing as you!
I’m trying to find information on whether both/either liquid or powder detergents can be used. Do you have an opinion on this as this is my first front loader

mani

I have no issues with the quality of washing. I have used both powder and liquid at different occasions. Its the load weight I am not happy about

Hi Mani ,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing Machine.
We recommend referring to page 57 of your user manual. This page provides you with consumption rates and approximate values. We have listed the link to the user manual below. Both liquid and power detergents can be used in this appliance.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 and select option 1.

Donna H.

Donna H.asked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

I was sold this machine after a sales person said it was a 9kg washer. Well after getting it home and installing it there are only 2 programs that say I can put 9kg in. I wash daily on a mixed cycle and I need to be able to load more than 4kg in a load. And how am I meant to tell when I have reached the limit? So far I’m not happy by what I see as false advertising.

eel

eelasked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Can i use i-DOS with just liquid detergent (no softener)?

Melissa W.
Melissa W.

Hi eel,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch washing machine. Our user manual recommends using both liquid detergent and softener, however I-DOS is still functional without using fabric softener. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Carrie

Carrieasked

Hi,
We love our Bosch washing machine; however, the sad fact is that it has never given us soft clothes/linen/towels. The towels in particular are so hard and scratchy and we cannot understand why as we check regularly that the softner dispenser is filled.
Please help.
Carrie

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Carrie, Thank you for your question. It has been found with front load washing machines across the market that towels can be found to be flat and hard to the touch. The wash quality in a front loader is of a very high standard and the high spin speed can cause the problem.

To solve this problem I would suggest a few things:
1. Reduce the amount of detergent in the wash, so for a full load of towels, only use a quarter of a scoop or cap. Overdosing detergent will also cause hard stiff clothes, not just towels.
2. Make sure you use front loading only powder.
3. Reduce the spin speed on the cycle to about 700 - 800 as a higher spin will squash the pile on the towel as they hit the drum.
4. When the towels are taken out of the machine, give them a good shake to fluff up the pile again before
you put them on the line.
5. Try not to leave the towels in direct sunlight on the line as this can scorch the fibre and make the towels even harder.
6. If you have a Dryer at home, you can try putting them on a low temperature for a few minutes and that should bring them back to life.

These suggestions should improve the quality of the wash for your towels and there should be no need to use fabric softener. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Rextasked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Bosch advise that I can't change the default program from "Cottons" to "Auto 40".
Is this correct and if not how do I do it?

Len

Have you read p.21 of the instruction manual?

All the program defaults are preset at the factory.

Try pressing the corresponding buttons until the required settings are displayed.

Pressing and holding the button automatically runs through the the setting values until it reaches the last one. The settings are activated without your confirmation. Press the button once more and you will be able to change the setting values again.

Note that the settings will revert back to the factory defaults when the machine is turned off, so don't turn it off until your finished with it.

Also see p.24 and the Supplementary loose sheet inserted at the back of the manual.

Don't think you can swap one preset default program for another and use the cotton parameters for the auto 40 (target program).

Sorry if that's not very helpful. I like using the quick 15minute program, first one on the left. Sometimes I use it twice. That is after the wash I rewash the clothes a second time without any detergents. I can save time that way as I've also increased washing time to 30mins; I don't want to wash for 45mins for e.g.

I see that the cotton preset of 1 hour is a bit long. If you want to shorten the time you can activate 'speed perfect' by pushing it then turning the dial to the right,
see video at 1 min 55 secs at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqxqClGvS74

Rext

Thanks Len but that's not what I'm after.
I know about the various settings but it's the actual "Auto 40" Program I want to set as default.

Mary W.

Mary W.asked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Hi Bosch, I use vinegar as fabric softner in my current machine? Can you do the same in a Bosch I Dos machine? If not, where does this go?

Rupinder S.
Rupinder S.

You can still use vinegar as a febric softener next to the detergent box. Detol is not recommended though in the febric softener box.
Hope it helps
Regards

Hi Mary,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WAW28620AU.
We recommend the use of standard, universal and colour liquid detergents for all machine-washable, coloured fabrics made of cotton or synthetic materials and since we have not tested vinegar we cannot recommend using it.

Clara

Claraasked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

What is different between waw28620au and way32891au?
What is most lastest model?

Clara

Claraasked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

What is different between waw28620au and way32891au?
which one is most lastest model?

Hi Clara,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch range.
There are a number of differences which to can view via https://www.bosch-home.com.au/products/page_rep_product_compare. They are both from the current range but the WAY32891AU is our Home Professional model which is top of the line and has extra features our other washing machines don't have.

I.stark

I.starkasked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

My machine is flashing F: 23 what does that mean.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi l.stark, Thanks for your question. Unfortunately there isn't any trouble shooting for this error code,F23 indicates that a service may be require. If you could please contact our team on 1300 369 744, Regards Bosch Australia.

Lesliasked

Hi ,
Does any one know if the drum has a coating on it, what type of stainless still this is made out of? Want to use a cleaning product but don't want to damage the surface thanks

Kaz

It’s just a stainless steel drum

Lesli

Thanks Kaz, so there is no coating on the stainless steel? There are a few different types of stainless that is all.

Hi Lesli,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU.
There is no coating as far as we are advised. As long as you use chlorine-free cleaning agents and don't use steel wool there should be no side effects. If there are odors in the washing machine, or to clean the drum you can run the Drum Clean 90C program without laundry and only adding washing powder.

Peter W

Peter Wasked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

We are interested in buying a Bosch WAW28620AU machine with i-DOS. We only use a certain brand of powder detergent. Does i-DOS only work with liquid detergent? Are there any issues or concerns in using powder only with this machine (perhaps even without any fabric softener)? Perhaps the i-DOS feature is irrelevant (for powder detergents) and perhaps another model would be more appropriate. Please advise. Thanks, Peter

Kaz

The idos compartment only takes liquid. You would have to switch off the idos feature and use the big manual compartment on the left for powder.
I don’t use fabric softener. So mine stays empty.
If you don’t want idos, I would pick a machine without it so your not always switching off this feature.

Hi Peter W ,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU Washing Machine, the I-DOS function works with liquid only. We recommend any of our Bosch Washing Machines that do not support this feature if you are wanting to use powder detergent only. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Dee

Deeasked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Whats the difference between aquastop v aquasecure?

Kaz

I’m not too sure but my machine leaked water from somewhere one time. It hasn’t happened since.

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Dee, Thanks for your question. Aqua stop is an electrical controlled water valve that shuts the water inlet down , this is part of the flood safety system that operates when a leak is detected within the appliance. Aqua secure is an inlet hose that is mechanical device , it detects a leaking connection at the tap only. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Deborah B.

Deborah B.asked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Hi. I've just received my new machine and I thought that it came with a light in the drum. Mine has no illumination. Light or no light?

Kaz

I thought the same thing but that’s a slightly different model :(
(Bosch Serie 8 WAW32450GB 9Kg Washing Machine with 1600 rpm
And
Bosch Serie 8 WAW28750GB 9Kg Washing Machine with 1400 rpm)

glenn
glenn

Yes it does

Hi Deborah,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch washing machine.
We confirm that your model does not have the drum light feature.

e12345

e12345asked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

What washing machine cycle do you use for towels ? thankyou Wendy

Hi,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU.
The cycle to use would be dependent on the fabric and amount of soiling. In general the cottons cycle is good for the most part.

Kaz

Either cottons, which can take the full 9kg worth or automatic which can take 6kg. I don’t use the fabric softener so just put vinegar in the manual dispenser at the start of the cycle. Both settings use higher temperatures if you prefer to use hot water for your towels. Automatic is stuck on 40 degrees whereas you can adjust your temp from 90 with cottons.

SuzanneR
SuzanneR

I use vinegar too and I also use the cold water feature. I rarely use hot water.

Troy H.asked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Hi I have a waw28460au and I have done about 10 washers in it now and it has not used any soap? And I have selecting 3 bars on the ISO’s system?

Kaz

They barely use any soap. Even selecting 3 bars. I used to use way too much detergent in my old one. Bosch uses less water so you need less soap. Are there no suds during the wash cycle?

Hi Kaz
Thanks for your reply it has a few bubbles not sudsy and your right about next to no water. Going to swap from cold power liquid to dynamo liquid as I have seen a few blogs about that being the better soap for the machine.

Teresa N.

Teresa N.asked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

where do i add liquid bleach?

Hi Teresa,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU.
There is no section for bleach in the appliance and it is not recommended.

Melissa P.asked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Does the waw28620au have a delayed time start function?
Say I want to start my wash in 12 hours
Cheers

Melissa P.

Can you please explain how to operate it

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU.
On the bottom right of the display panel there is a "Finished in" section. Before you start the function, press the + or - buttons until it shows the amount of hours you'd like to delay the finish time.

Ammy

Ammyasked

Serie 8 WAW28620AU

Does this machine has a less wrinkles on the cloth feature?

Hi Ammy,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU.
This appliance has the option to reduce the spin speed or not have a spin cycle at the end of the program at all. This would cause the items to come out dripping wet so please keep that in mind.

yes i love it