Bosch Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

Bosch Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel) Questions & Answers

MPN: SMP66MX01A

6 questions from our users

Shane F

Shane Fasked

Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

I am very happy with the dishwasher except that it did not come with a kickplate. The item was a display unit at David Jones, and I thought it was complete. Is this something I need to purchase separately?

Kevin G.

Kevin G.asked

Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

I have just had the bosc h sms66mi02a derlivered. It wont fit under my bench with the top on so i took it off. Now it is too low and there is a gap at the top. I know you can adjust the front legs but do the back ones adjust as well. Any other suggestions to fix the gap?.. also where is the rubber strip that is suppose to go under the front kick plate found as it was not in the box. Thanks.

1098S
1098S

This is not a ready made under-bench dishwasher, so you have really created your own difficulties. The installation instructions should cover whether the back legs are adjustable - typically they are not as there is no need for them to be. The rubber apron is only included depending on the functions of your model - see "contents of package" in your user manual. Best of luck.

Sessa

Sessaasked

Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

Can the Bosch SMP66MX01A under bench dishwasher attach to side wall of cabinets (if you can't attach to under counter)?

Hi Sessa,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMP66MX01A.
Both these options are available. If you want to attach to the benchtop then an additional spare part is needed and can be purchased from our customer service line.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Sebasked

Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

I'm wondering if it is normal to have the door panel warm during wash? when I use 65 degrees, it is quite warm and don't think it is safe.

Hi Seb,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMP66MX01A.
The hot water will definitely warm the front door to a degree. If you feel it is unsafe all we can suggest is arranging a service call. If the appliance is operating normally it would not be covered under any warranty though.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Seb

Sure, I have a friend who also use the same type but she normally uses the eco mode. I'll wait for her to try. Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

Peter3333

Peter3333asked

Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

Hi. Have a new Dishwasher. All good with the install and operation. I have an installation with the legs at the maximum. The stainless kick board plate is too short/ small to be flish with the floor. Given the spec sheet states the unit fits a range of heights, should the kick board/ plate do the same?

Hi Peter3333,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMP66MX01A Dishwasher.
The kickplate is a standard size and won't fit all bench heights, you can purchase different sized kickers from us directly or have one made to fit your kitchen.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

kitchenwizz

kitchenwizzasked

Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

I am extremely happy with my new Bosch dishwasher, however, I have the situation where the dishwasher is not full on a daily basis and the dishes become smelly. I have read the manual and there is no rinse cycle, it just suggests to scrape off the larger pieces of food. Can you please offer advice or suggestion as to how to avoid the smelly dishwasher syndrome other then pre-washing them which defeats the purpose of a 'dishwasher'?

Pet_au
Pet_au

I think everyone has the same problem with their dishwasher getting smelly in-between loads. I find that milk from cereal bowls and glasses can go 'off' quickly so sometimes I give them a very brief rinse under the tap to remove excess milk but other that it doesn't worry me too much...but I was actually thinking of trying out a dishwasher deodorizer such as the 'Finish Dishwasher Deodorizer'. However, it gets mixed reviews so not sure on it's effectiveness. But, I will buy it at least once to try for myself. Also, don't forget to clean your filter regularly. The Manual recommends after every load but I doubt if most people would do that. I check it weekly instead but you might want to check/clean yours more often. My machine also has a 'Machine Care' wash option which can be used in conjunction with a dishwasher cleaner. I use the Finish Dishwasher Cleaner and it seems to be ok.

See all Bosch Serie 6 Built-in Dishwashers questions

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Bosch Serie 6 SMP66MX01A (Stainless Steel)

Other Built-in Dishwashers