MPN: SMS63L08AU

SMS63L08AU Bosch Fabulous Fast and Super Efficient dishwasher

SMS63L08AU Bosch Fabulous, Great looking, Fast and Super Efficient dishwasher. I use the 29 minute cycle and dishes come out very clean. It is extremely quiet and you don't even know it's on. My previous dishwasher was very noisy (had clicking dial also) and ran for 2 hours. I am extremely happy with this dishwasher and would recommend it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with it. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Well priced for what it is

We replaced our old Bosch dishwasher in August 2017 with a new SMS63L08AU and couldn't be happier. The quick wash is especially useful for saving time - in fact this is the cycle we use most often, even dishes with caked on food come out clean.

Negatives - well the lower sprayer comes unstuck easily and falls off, generally this happens when we put things in that are too high (it's a simple effort to screw it back on but annoying) and it would be nice to have a bit more flexibility on where you situate the cutlery basket but otherwise we are very happy with the unit.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Mat1311, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Check Water E14 fault

Purchased the dishwasher in 2015, now it is out of warranty and displays the E14 and Check Water warning light. This unit is only used 2/3 times a week, dishes are rinsed before placing in the dishwasher and the unit is cleaned regularly. Checked the filters are clean and the impeller is free of foreign objects and free moving. I rang Bosch for assistance only to be told they would arrange a serviceman at my cost as it was not a 'manufacturing issue'. I checked Google and Utube and discovered the many Check Water complaints both in Aust. and the UK and there were no solutions, so decided not to throw away good money into a bad product and put the money towards a new different brand dishwasher. I advised Bosch of the many complaints on the net and they were not interested. Very poor after sales service! Bosch appliances were recommended to us and after the money it cost us, certainly are not worth it !

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Hi Kerroney, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS6363L08AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please send us an email at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, listing the problems you are having and quoting BSH1329 in the subject line. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.After no help from your so called Help line we have disposed of the dishwasher and have purchased a Miele dishwasher. (highest Canstar rated dishwasher) As each of our Bosch appliances fail they will also be replaced by a Miele brand product. I also read the reviews on this site - the positive reviews were for fairly new Bosch dishwashers - from experience all I can say is ours worked well for the first 2 years too, but wait till your warranty expires!

Bit more time for family than dishes

It cleans and dries really good as well it's so quiet that at first few days had to put my ear next to the door to actually confirm if it had triggered or not
Recommended products
So many functions available but I use the half an hour only as I don't like to much around with it

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Asif, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

It’s good only for warranty period

If you are someone who uses things till their warranty then it’s a good machine. We have this machine now since 15/02/15 and it has started playing from last six months. It started with dishes not getting clean properly then not drying and now with errors. We are facing error 14 on screen. Called Bosch and they can’t accommodate as warranty lapsed last year and their technician will charge $88 call our fee and $18 for every 6 mins and he can’t come in for another 2 weeks!!!
We bought this machine considering the brand name, you are better off buying a local brand at half the price and throw later in bin!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

really quiet dishwasher

purchased to replace our old one that broke. love the finish on the front and the rubber seals around the sides and the top makes for a clean fit into the opening. one of the quietest dishwashers I have ever owned. has a lot of different options for washing cycles and the cutlery drawer is the best idea ever, means more room on the bottom for larger items. great dishwasher

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Wendy Kittle, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Awesome washer!!!

I purchased this washer from the good guys around 6 months ago, it works in an absolute professional capacity, it absolutely cleans the dishes properly considering they are Pre scraped properly, it is absolutely quiet as a mouse when in operation, the first time I used it I was questioning weather it was working or not it was that quiet, but the digital display soon answered that, I love how it has options to was certain types of dishes and different wash cycles, the versatility of the design is also good as the cutlery tray can be moved around, classy sleek design and great product.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi SamConsumer, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

First ever dishwasher, good as an entry level dishwasher.

The dishwater came with some sample dish-washing tablets and a rinse-aid bottle. The washing takes up 2 hours so proper planning is required. The washing cleans even the toughest stain from the dishes. The abrasive control seems to be a little off as it chewed off the ceramic lining from my old fry pan. The concierge gold service comes with a $20 voucher every two months so it pays its the tablets itself.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi BaileyPompom, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Top dishwasher

First Bosch product for us, but very happy. All the reviews looked good, and proved true. Washes thoroughly. We were used to a 52 minute wash with our F&P and baulked at the 160 min that showed up on the screen, but with hot water it is only a bit over an hour. It is very quiet. I might be a convert to Bosch, at least their dishwashers. Not at all keen on the cutlery basket top. I actually cut half the little dividers out with a side-cutter to make it more useful. If the bottom rack is loaded towards the front it does drop into the gap on exit, but not a problem when there's plates in the back.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Bill02, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

My first dishwasher and best dishwasher

its quiet compared with my sisters one.
value for money.
it clean dishes and does it job.
I use the quick wash feature which runs for 29 mins and have heaps of storage to rack my dishes..
finger print resistance and its looks great too with other stainless steel appliances in my kitchen.
My 3rd Bosch product in my house.. I love Bosch

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi CoolVooky, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Very bad quality machine never buy a Bosch again

Problem after problem, all the clips break to hold the plates , the wheels fall off . I have to put a cup of water exactly after 1 min or an sensor error occurs.. after the service guy left he said it very common and can't fix the issue so I keep putting a cup of water every 1 and it might work with out a error ... hate it would like to fix the issue before I buy another washer

Date PurchasedJun 2014

I love this dishwasher

The dishwasher is great but i have found that on the short cycles it doesn't always dissolve the whole tablet and therefore half a tablet will remain in the dishwasher after the cycle. It's very easy to use and the stainless steel front looks great although it has started to mark on the front with what looks like a rust spot that will not clean off.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi Maria, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Never Bosch again

Bought SMS63M08AU in Nov 2012, with some premium for the brand but since 1st August 2017 (Under five years) water gets collected in the dishwater when the kitchen sink tap is used. Service person visited and could not find the right cause, he was about to leave, but after some persistence on the issue, he concluded the inlet valve is to be replaced at the cost of $330. Machine cost 1050 (two yeas additional warranty) + 110 service call and if I repair $330 will be 1480 in five years, better of with any other machine for around $500 mark as long it works for two years. Decided to go for new machine, NEVER BOSCH.

Date PurchasedNov 2012

Fantastic after sales service from Bosch

My model is actually SMS63L18AU/46 I believe it is called Series 6 at some stores.
I had another Bosch for about 9 years and it did a brilliant job of cleaning dishes until it died. The service person came out, told me the unit couldn't be repaired reasonably, amazingly offered the goodwill of no charge on the understanding that I would buy another Bosch. There was never any question about that because I loved my old Bosch. I didn't even look at other brands. I also bought a Bosch for my rental property as I believe they are the best.
The new one cleans just as well and has better designs. I love how I can adjust the top shelf height and my wine glasses fit in snuggly - I broke a few in the old one as they rested against other dishes.
Unless performance changes drastically I won't look past Bosch in the future either - very happy!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Jenny, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L18AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great dishwasher

Upgraded our old Westinghouse to this recently and wish we had done it sooner! We usually only use the Quick 30 min cycle (often with intensive drying) and dishes come out sparkling. The more intensive cycles are quite long (2.5 - 3 hrs) but there is an option to halve the time with 'Intensity Zone'. Easy to load, energy efficient, quiet, and really stylish looking. 10/10 so far.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi JJT, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Wish I had brought one sooner

I love that it is completely quite while washing. The convenience of finally having a dish washer has impressed the whole family. The Bosch has surprised us with its washing selections , simple to read and operate screens and minimal buttons it even a quick wash option . Everything is sparkling after every wash . we are totally delighted

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi N.Fisher, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great dishwasher for a decent price

Our cat loves this dishwasher! Every time it starts she can hear the water running and funny noises coming out of a mysterious stainless steel box... Keeps her busy and our of trouble for a while!

Jokes aside, we love the dishwasher for what it easy is... A quiet performer that powers through your dirty dishes and leaves everything shiny and dry, leaving you more time for other things. Really can't say a bad word so far!

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi Matejay, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

the best dishwasher

This dishwasher cleans like there is no tomorrow. All my items come out sparkling and no item of mine has been damaged. Although the drying cycle could be better, it is still better than many dishwashers I have used in the past. All my dishes come out with no residue and it is exceptionally quiet!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Rachelmaree, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

clean and quiet

An excellent dishwasher at a great price. Very quiet, you can barely hear it. Cleans off even baked on food. Dries plates, glasses etc well. We recently sold our house (and our Bosch dishwasher went with it) New house had a dish drawer; the worst dishwasher I've ever had. It lasted 6 weeks before we replaced it with another bosch.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Annette, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that the appliance is serving you well. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Best dishwasher I've ever had

First Bosch for us - have had cheaper brands in the past.

Dishes come out very clean - no residue.

Very quiet - especially compared to my last one (Fisher &Paykel).

I like the way it's set out inside and it has a sensor for appropriate cycle - or you can select the one you want.

Does everything the salesman at Goodguys said it would. Very happy with this product.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Kelly, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63L08A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the Appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Are control boards with the same ITEM number compatible or is each board software-configured to suit the individual machine? I can find 9000727477 control boards online with the appropriate epg number but Will they fit the specific machine (sms63l08au)?
Hi there Sorry but have no idea about it at all, best is to ring them up and their troubleshooting tech will advise you correctly. Better to check before hand then risking it.

Hi, it seems this model's heat pump was faulty with small water leak and then burned thru. Under which circumstances or could this happen again? Cheers

Hi We have just moved into a townhouse with a Bosch SMS63L08AU/13 dishwasher. It is not cleaning as I would expect. There is only a full arm on the bottom. I think it may be missing a full arm underneath the top shelf as there is only a small circular water outlet about 2-3 cms. Hoping you can help. Allan
Hi Allan You are right, there is a full arm on the bottom and a full arm under the first or top tray and there is a water outlet in the ceiling of the dishwasher, that's what I can see in my dishwasher so if you are missing the arm under the top tray it could be the reason why is not working properly. Hope that helpsThere should be a sprayer arm underneath the top basket. Google ‘parts list’ for your model dishwasher and you will see what you need.Hi Allan. As the others have said there should be an arm under the top tray. Ours comes off regularly when the bottom is loaded too high. Cheers M.

Price (RRP) $1249