Bosch Home Appliances Stainless (SMS68M38AU)

Bosch Home Appliances Stainless (SMS68M38AU)

MPN: SMS68M38AU

Nice machine but doesnt last long

We scrape and rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. We cleaning the machine once a month. We have looked after the machine but it has only given us 3.5 years and the heating/drying element has packed up. The parts are so expensive I think its going to cost me cost to $500 to fix - is this common in these machines...I remember paying top dollar for the machine and thinking it was going to last as long as my last machine lasted which was almost 10 years...I am wondering if I should purchase another brand next time - pretty dissapointed !!

Purchased in October 2015 at Masters Home Improvement for $1,273.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Hi Dissapointed,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS68M38AU dishwasher. We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5278 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home AustraliaThank you for your message I have been emailing but the turnaround is very slow? I have recently sent two emails with no response?

Super quiet

Husband chose the dishwasher. Great choice
I wanted Stainless steel and a cutlery basket.
This is all that and more.
Cutlery tray and basket. Plus two pull out trays for plates and glasses etc.
Cutlery tray is great for utensils and tupperware lids.
Super quiet operation and plenty of programmes to choose from.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Liz, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

a very good dishwasher instruction book not the easiest to read

once i worked that the dishwasher can take a while start the directions made sense maybe the book should tell you, washes dishes well, quiet , some cycles dishs not quite dry, can be adapted to clean large objects like racks etc, versatile in number of wash cycles . I like that information where the washer is up to in the wash cycle.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Dill, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quietest dishwasher ever!

This dishwasher cleans the dishes properly, drys well even plastics when using the right setting. The third cutlery tray is very handy and allows for more items to be washed, even small espresso cups fit up top. It is large inside and has more room than previously used dishlex dishwashers. It looks beautiful, doesn’t retain fingerprints and is the quietest appliance in the house! I often have to go up to it to check that it’s on! The display and program buttons are easy to read and simple to use. The Bosch cost me $1091 from Powerland online which turned out to be the Best Buy after much research and investigation into the “best” dishwasher.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Julie Talbot, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher and we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thanks! This is am honest and genuine review of your product and I am very pleased with it! Thank you!

Always Clean

My Bosh diswasher never lets me down
Glasses are always sparkling clean coffee mugs are stained free
Pots and pans are dirt and oil free
Very quit with all cycles that I use
When my cycle is finished it sounds a bell sound
Payed a bit more but money well spent

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Imma W, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quiet and does the job

Purchased last year and I can say that I am extremely happy with the dishwasher. The dishwasher cleans very well and is very quiet when in use. The cutlery tray at the top is very handy and gives more space instead of using the cradle in the bottom tray.

I found the Vario speed useful which reduces the cycle time to help save on water and energy. Only minor downside is that running vario speed does mean you have to compromise on load and plastic cups/bowls are not completely dry.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi John L, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quiet achiever

I have had a few dishwashers before and compared to this, they are all Mack trucks.

Never had a dirty dish and I have given it some serious challenges. The cutlery rack got a little getting used to, but saves a lot of space on the bottom shelf.

My only criticism would be that wine glasses just don't fit. Though I believe there is an adapter for them, I just don't drink enough to warrant that purchase.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Jacob Fieg, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Amazing, silent dishwasher

We bought this dishwasher because our dog was extremely frightened of the noise our previous dishwasher made. With this Bosch, you hardly hear anything except from the water draining - which is the dishwasher has no part with. The only thing that is stopping me from giving this a full 5 rating is because sometimes the tablet flap will fail to open resulting in dishes not washed with soap. This has happened maybe twice so not the biggest of deals.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Koko86, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Perfect dishwasher

This dishwasher washes and dries dishes really well. The dishes are sparkling clean and I never need to scrape residue off. Its so easy, I just switch it on and forget. It is so quiet, unlike other dishwashers Ive had in the past. My favourite feature would be using the quick cycle, especially for a smaller load. Im very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Denise5858, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Super quiet

My partner and I love the 3 hour eco wash.We put it on overnight. Super quiet and cleans really effectively. Lots of space for everything to fit, and top rack 'lifts up' if you need to put bigger plates in on the bottom rack. Easy to install as well. Great buy

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Kitty, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent dishwasher

This is the first dishwasher I've ever owned, but not the first I've used. It's whisper quiet and cleans very well. Having the 30 minute quick wash is very handy for cleaning dishes that aren't too dirty when you're in a hurry. I can't find any fault with this dishwasher, I love it and would purchase another one in a heartbeat.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi BonezAU, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

God this Bosch is brilliant!

I bought this amazing Dishwasher to replace utter garbage by LG that we've been putting up for 10 years and finally it annoyed me enough to take it to CMA recycling and damp it for 2 bucks!
Now, this Bosch was not my first choice, but after checking in store that model I've purchased had plastic bottom on the interior I've decided to get this model instead for an extra couple of hundred bucks. And boy, I don't regret.
It is gorgeous looking, so silent that you always wonder if you actually did started it, versatility of the racks, including awesome utensil's rack is unbeatable. Another big plus is does not make any chimes, nor ding-dongs, unlike previous LG which seemed it would never shut up. What's with these Chinese and Koreans putting all these chimes and melodies on everything they make?
Anyway this Bosch is stylish and elegant as you would expect from Euro product and the main thing, washing of the dishes is remarkable, no matter how tight butt I want to be and save on water and electricity, it just washes off everything even heavily stained pots. This machine just wash dishes brilliantly every time with no sounds emitting. Damn, Germans still make the best products period.
I can't recommended this product enough, it is that good. Time will tell if my impressions will stay the same. However, looking it how brilliant AEG washing machine is that we have for 18 years and still running strongly ( I only had to change brushes on the motor and the suspension shocks. But I am sparky and very handy around house, so I fix things myself.), I don't expect any issues from Bosch either.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi interceptor, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

The best dishwasher I have owned.

Quietness is really important to me in regards dishwashers, and this dishwasher is almost silent, I am very happy with it. Washes really well, dries adequately, and the utensil rack at the top is handy. I prefer dishes to be washed with piping hot water, so I tend to use the Pots and Pans 70° degree cycle mostly and everything comes out spotless.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi JRos, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Worst Dishwasher Ever

The Bosch dishwasher failed me 2X within 2 years. I bought it in March, 2015. 2 years later I had a problem with the dispenser and had the part replaced for $200.00. This year, (3 months after the electrical limited warranty expired, the control board was shot---$233.00 CAD for the part. Wow, I thought Bosch was a reputable name....I will never buy one again.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Hi Barbara, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quietest Dishwasher I have ever had

Very easy to use and I could not believe how quiet this dishwasher was when I first turned it on. I thought it wasn't working. Cleans as good as any other dishwasher I have used and is adaptable to allow you to wash larger items. Bought it at Harvey Norman with a large discount of the original price, so it's great value. Would definitely recomend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Jkarouza, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Super quiet, and excellent cleaning. What more would you want!

The Bosch dishwasher is super quiet, indeed so much so that you sometimes find yourself putting your ear up to it to check it is on. Brilliant.
And it does an excellent job at cleaning everything - pots, pans, plates, glasses. The cutlery tray also means all the cutlery is clean, every single time!
It does everything we need, with minimal fuss.
What more would you want!
Perfect.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Hi GregM, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you’re enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Doesn't dry.

It doesn't dry. Setting it to 'intensive drying' (to get "d:0..." on the display as per instructions) is impossible and ends up with the programme locked on 'Glass'. Code "d:0..." for intensive drying never comes up, only "d:00" and "d:01". User instructions are poor. May need to call a technician while still under warranty. Expected better from Bosch.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Mar06mir, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. d:00 is intensive drying off, and d:01 is intensive drying on. If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Hi. I haven't noticed much difference between the two. The dishes are wet with d:01 on as well, just a bit warmer at the end of the wash. Called Bosch and the technician suggested that rinse aid may help regardless which tablet or detergent is used. He advised to open the door ajar (need to jam it as they self close) after each wash and let the dishes dry out that way. German engineering!? He explained that older models had a fan and the newest ones have a sort of a 'stone' (not sure if I got this right) which assist with drying. This model has nothing, although it wasn't cheap. I believe that as it is fully sealed the moisture and steam created during washing cycle has nowhere to escape and eventually condenses on the dishes as the machine cools down.

Our first I ever, could not be happier, should've got it years ago

I love the squeaky clean feel and look of the dishes, even the glassware comes up so very clear, it's unbelievably quiet. I love having a separate cutlery drawer which makes it so user friendly. We bought the stainless steel unit and it is so easy to keep sparkling:-) I LOVE MY BOSCH

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Caz Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear to hear that you love your dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Exceptional Bosch..

This Bosch dishwasher cleans quickly and cleans properly. Dries thoroughly and is very quiet. It tells you when to refill the rinse aid. There is no soap residue after washing. It is very large inside and has heaps of room for large pots. Cutlery tray is a treat. Totally happy with this dishwasher. Would highly recommend it to everyone.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Duglous, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you’re enjoying the experience. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Beautiful Bosch!

Bought a Bosch dishwasher after researching for several weeks including online reviews & feedback from others who had new dishwashers.
The Bosch rated very highly & when combined with a generous sale price at Good Guys soon became a "no brainer"!
Installation was easy. Operation was straight forward and super quiet - I even had to turn it off to confirm that it had been on - sounds silly but it's true. Cleaning efficiency has been confirmed in the subsequent weeks of usage & so far I cannot fault it's performance.
Am looking forward to its ongoing performance, but at this stage am very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Milmaurand , Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that your dishwasher is super quiet and that it cleans efficiently. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

See all Bosch SMS68M38AU / SMS68M32AU reviews

Cannot get display light to show time light - have followed manual p25 many times. Any help?
No clue, sorry. Maybe manufacturing fault?Good Luck.Hi JulieB, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.hi julie my manual must be different to yours as page 25 in my manual is not for the display, i would try a reset of your machine by turning of at the power switch and remove plug from the gpo for 5 b/10 minutes then replace plug and turn power back on . this worked for my washer when i could not change wash programmes ,it locked up on one programme .

Hi can you please tell me if there is a difference between the Bosch free standing dishwasher SMS68M38AU and the freestanding SMS68M48AU ? I am in Harvey Norman looking at the latter and they say it is a discontinued model and only selling the last floor stock one. I can search the ones ending in 38 online but I don't find anything much ending in 48. Also,is it meant to have a cutlery basket as its basket is missing. Is this machine any good? Quick reply would be appreciated as need to go in tomorrow and choose between the SMS68M48AU or a built under one with a number SMU50M15AU.
Sorry if my answer is late, but it seems that the only difference is that model that I've got is an extra cutlery drawer and it looks like it is more silent than that other model. At least that is what I've found on Bosch website.Sorry if my answer is late, but it seems that the only difference is that model that I've got is an extra cutlery drawer and it looks like it is more silent than that other model. At least that is what I've found on Bosch website. Also it appears that model 38 (one I got) has extra spray head for big pots and pans and has implemented newer and smarter water level and pressure control for better cleaning. Harvey Norman was right it is newer model.Thank you very much for replying.

Hi Can you tell me whether the door on the SMS68M38AU can be opened after the start of a cycle so that you can add something extra. regards Anne-Marie
Yes. No problems. Have done this a few times & the program resumes from when you close the door.Yes you can. It pauses the wash cycle. :)

Stainless (SMS68M38AU)
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack , Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display
Water Rating5 star(s)