Bosch SMS68M38AU / SMS68M32AU

Bosch SMS68M38AU / SMS68M32AU (page 2 of 3)

Stainless (SMS68M38AU) and White (SMS68M32AU)

interceptorAU

God this Bosch is brilliant!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

JRos

JRosWellington

The best dishwasher I have owned.

Quietness is really important to me in regards dishwashers, and this dishwasher is almost silent, I am very happy with it. Washes really well, dries adequately, and the utensil rack at the top is handy. I prefer dishes to be washed with piping hot water, so I tend to use the Pots and Pans 70° degree cycle mostly and everything comes out spotless.

now

nowGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great dishwasher

It does what a dishwasher should. cleans the dishes perfectly and dries them . Without any trouble.
Very impressed with Bosch.
It replaced our old Fisher and paykel, which was crap in comparison.
I would highly recommend it!
I will buy Bosch from now on. That's how impressed i am.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Worst Dishwasher Ever

The Bosch dishwasher failed me 2X within 2 years. I bought it in March, 2015. 2 years later I had a problem with the dispenser and had the part replaced for $200.00. This year, (3 months after the electrical limited warranty expired, the control board was shot---$233.00 CAD for the part. Wow, I thought Bosch was a reputable name....I will never buy one again.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

CaroleT

CaroleTMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No problems at all.

The dishes are always clean, using various brands of dishwasher tablets/liquid.
It is the quietest dishwasher I've ever owned.
I particularly like the separate cutlery tray. This takes a bit longer to load than the simple basket, but cutlery is washed better and this tray means there is extra room in the bottom tray for dishes and pans.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great Machine

Cleans the dishes well including oven baked dishes. Also gentle enough for baby bottles.
It is a super silence model and it definitely is, barely hear it at all.
Enjoy that it has a start delay feature, half load option, various type of load options.
Only small problem is that the door doesn't stay open ajar by itself so when you have washed and want to let the steam out and air dry you need to prop it open.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Quietest Dishwasher I have ever had

Very easy to use and I could not believe how quiet this dishwasher was when I first turned it on. I thought it wasn't working. Cleans as good as any other dishwasher I have used and is adaptable to allow you to wash larger items. Bought it at Harvey Norman with a large discount of the original price, so it's great value. Would definitely recomend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

GregM

GregMBrisbane

Super quiet, and excellent cleaning. What more would you want!

The Bosch dishwasher is super quiet, indeed so much so that you sometimes find yourself putting your ear up to it to check it is on. Brilliant.
And it does an excellent job at cleaning everything - pots, pans, plates, glasses. The cutlery tray also means all the cutlery is clean, every single time!
It does everything we need, with minimal fuss.
What more would you want!
Perfect.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

mar06mirSydney

Doesn't dry.

It doesn't dry. Setting it to 'intensive drying' (to get "d:0..." on the display as per instructions) is impossible and ends up with the programme locked on 'Glass'. Code "d:0..." for intensive drying never comes up, only "d:00" and "d:01". User instructions are poor. May need to call a technician while still under warranty. Expected better from Bosch.

Caz

CazAU

Our first I ever, could not be happier, should've got it years ago

I love the squeaky clean feel and look of the dishes, even the glassware comes up so very clear, it's unbelievably quiet. I love having a separate cutlery drawer which makes it so user friendly. We bought the stainless steel unit and it is so easy to keep sparkling:-) I LOVE MY BOSCH

duglous

duglousVictoria, Australia

Exceptional Bosch..

This Bosch dishwasher cleans quickly and cleans properly. Dries thoroughly and is very quiet. It tells you when to refill the rinse aid. There is no soap residue after washing. It is very large inside and has heaps of room for large pots. Cutlery tray is a treat. Totally happy with this dishwasher. Would highly recommend it to everyone.

Milmaurand

MilmaurandCoral Cove, Qld

Beautiful Bosch!

Bought a Bosch dishwasher after researching for several weeks including online reviews & feedback from others who had new dishwashers.
The Bosch rated very highly & when combined with a generous sale price at Good Guys soon became a "no brainer"!
Installation was easy. Operation was straight forward and super quiet - I even had to turn it off to confirm that it had been on - sounds silly but it's true. Cleaning efficiency has been confirmed in the subsequent weeks of usage & so far I cannot fault it's performance.
Am looking forward to its ongoing performance, but at this stage am very happy with my purchase.

Jennifer V

Jennifer VMelbourne

Happy with the machine but can the design can be improved

Not washing dishes properly

Even on a 2.5 hour cycle some dishes and cutlery are not cleaned properly. Have owned it for over 9 months and this is a regular problem. Very disappointing for a mid priced dishwasher.

The racks and cutlery basket seems quite well designed and the stainless steel unit looks good.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Good but needs adjustment

We have used the dishwasher for 4 months now.
Works well to clean dishes.
Rack layout is good. Ubiquitous cutlery basket clever.
2 issues:
Main problem is lower drawer wheels coming off the grooves in the door when pulled in and out when fully loaded - a problem we have never had before with other brands.
It is helped by loading dishes so that weight is symmetrically distributed - however this should not be needed!
Plastic handle on lower drawer to aid pulling drawer in/out already broken.
R& D, please fix this!
Ambivalent about top cutlery drawer - good for long utensils and small items but does reduce height for cups etc in upper drawer.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

AndyBALLARAT

the dreaded E15 error

Date PurchasedNov 2012

Lollipop

LollipopMelbourne

Extremely pleased!

I did a bit of research before deciding to purchase this dishwasher from Harvey Norman. Could not fault the guy they sent to do the installation. No complaints about the washing or drying factors although I have found using a rinse aid promotes better drying. I have had a so-called quiet dishwasher in the past but this one is super quiet and totally unobtrusive. The additional cutlery drawer is well worthwhile having.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Peter

PeterBlackwall

Installation instructions useless

Date PurchasedNov 2016

leterip

leteripMelbourne

quiet and efficient operation; pleasant-looking exterior

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Microbel

MicrobelAdelaide

Love the new dishwasher

BoschHomeAUBosch Home Appliances

JulieB

JulieBasked

Stainless (SMS68M38AU)

Cannot get display light to show time light - have followed manual p25 many times. Any help?

Julie Talbot
Julie Talbot

No clue, sorry. Maybe manufacturing fault?Good Luck.

Hi JulieB,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher.
We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

dill

hi julie my manual must be different to yours as page 25 in my manual is not for the display, i would try a reset of your machine by turning of at the power switch and remove plug from the gpo for 5 b/10 minutes then replace plug and turn power back on . this worked for my washer when i could not change wash programmes ,it locked up on one programme .

Brian K

Brian Kasked

White (SMS68M32AU)

Hi can I connect the sms68m32au model to the hot water inlet connection. Or does it always have to be connected to the cold water connection?

Hi Brian K,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS68M32AU Dishwasher.
We recommend a cold water connection only.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

dill

Page 36 of the instruction manual informs you that this dishwasher is for cold water connection only, also this same answer applies to most bosch dishwashers, they are designed to heat the water to the desired water temperature depending on dishwashing cycle selected.

Leighasked

Stainless (SMS68M38AU)

Hi can you please tell me if there is a difference between the Bosch free standing dishwasher SMS68M38AU and the freestanding SMS68M48AU ? I am in Harvey Norman looking at the latter and they say it is a discontinued model and only selling the last floor stock one. I can search the ones ending in 38 online but I don't find anything much ending in 48. Also,is it meant to have a cutlery basket as its basket is missing. Is this machine any good? Quick reply would be appreciated as need to go in tomorrow and choose between the SMS68M48AU or a built under one with a number SMU50M15AU.

interceptor

Sorry if my answer is late, but it seems that the only difference is that model that I've got is an extra cutlery drawer and it looks like it is more silent than that other model. At least that is what I've found on Bosch website. Also it appears that model 38 (one I got) has extra spray head for big pots and pans and has implemented newer and smarter water level and pressure control for better cleaning. Harvey Norman was right it is newer model.

Leigh

Thank you very much for replying.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Bosch Home Appliances White (SMS68M32AU)
  • Discontinued

Bosch Home Appliances White (SMS68M32AU)

4.1
Bosch Home Appliances Stainless (SMS68M38AU)
  • Discontinued

Bosch Home Appliances Stainless (SMS68M38AU)

3.8
CategoryFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display
Number of Place Settings 1515
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Consumption12 L/wash12 L/wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Maximum Noise Level42 db42 db
Number of Programs66
Colour / Finish WhiteStainless Steel
Dimensions 845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual