Bosch SMS68M38AU / SMS68M32AU

Bosch SMS68M38AU / SMS68M32AU (page 2 of 3)

Stainless (SMS68M38AU) and White (SMS68M32AU)

Great dishwasher

It does what a dishwasher should. cleans the dishes perfectly and dries them . Without any trouble.
Very impressed with Bosch.
It replaced our old Fisher and paykel, which was crap in comparison.
I would highly recommend it!
I will buy Bosch from now on. That's how impressed i am.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Now, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M32AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Worst Dishwasher Ever

The Bosch dishwasher failed me 2X within 2 years. I bought it in March, 2015. 2 years later I had a problem with the dispenser and had the part replaced for $200.00. This year, (3 months after the electrical limited warranty expired, the control board was shot---$233.00 CAD for the part. Wow, I thought Bosch was a reputable name....I will never buy one again.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Hi Barbara, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

No problems at all.

The dishes are always clean, using various brands of dishwasher tablets/liquid.
It is the quietest dishwasher I've ever owned.
I particularly like the separate cutlery tray. This takes a bit longer to load than the simple basket, but cutlery is washed better and this tray means there is extra room in the bottom tray for dishes and pans.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi CaroleT, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63M32AU Dishwasher, we’re glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great Machine

Cleans the dishes well including oven baked dishes. Also gentle enough for baby bottles.
It is a super silence model and it definitely is, barely hear it at all.
Enjoy that it has a start delay feature, half load option, various type of load options.
Only small problem is that the door doesn't stay open ajar by itself so when you have washed and want to let the steam out and air dry you need to prop it open.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Hi Sara k, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M32AU Dishwasher.We'd like to help you investigate issues with the door, so could you please send us an email at socialmedia@bshg.com, quoting BSH1683 in the subject line. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quietest Dishwasher I have ever had

Very easy to use and I could not believe how quiet this dishwasher was when I first turned it on. I thought it wasn't working. Cleans as good as any other dishwasher I have used and is adaptable to allow you to wash larger items. Bought it at Harvey Norman with a large discount of the original price, so it's great value. Would definitely recomend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Jkarouza, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Super quiet, and excellent cleaning. What more would you want!

The Bosch dishwasher is super quiet, indeed so much so that you sometimes find yourself putting your ear up to it to check it is on. Brilliant.
And it does an excellent job at cleaning everything - pots, pans, plates, glasses. The cutlery tray also means all the cutlery is clean, every single time!
It does everything we need, with minimal fuss.
What more would you want!
Perfect.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Hi GregM, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS63M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you’re enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Doesn't dry.

It doesn't dry. Setting it to 'intensive drying' (to get "d:0..." on the display as per instructions) is impossible and ends up with the programme locked on 'Glass'. Code "d:0..." for intensive drying never comes up, only "d:00" and "d:01". User instructions are poor. May need to call a technician while still under warranty. Expected better from Bosch.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Mar06mir, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. d:00 is intensive drying off, and d:01 is intensive drying on. If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Hi. I haven't noticed much difference between the two. The dishes are wet with d:01 on as well, just a bit warmer at the end of the wash. Called Bosch and the technician suggested that rinse aid may help regardless which tablet or detergent is used. He advised to open the door ajar (need to jam it as they self close) after each wash and let the dishes dry out that way. German engineering!? He explained that older models had a fan and the newest ones have a sort of a 'stone' (not sure if I got this right) which assist with drying. This model has nothing, although it wasn't cheap. I believe that as it is fully sealed the moisture and steam created during washing cycle has nowhere to escape and eventually condenses on the dishes as the machine cools down.

Our first I ever, could not be happier, should've got it years ago

I love the squeaky clean feel and look of the dishes, even the glassware comes up so very clear, it's unbelievably quiet. I love having a separate cutlery drawer which makes it so user friendly. We bought the stainless steel unit and it is so easy to keep sparkling:-) I LOVE MY BOSCH

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Caz Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear to hear that you love your dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Exceptional Bosch..

This Bosch dishwasher cleans quickly and cleans properly. Dries thoroughly and is very quiet. It tells you when to refill the rinse aid. There is no soap residue after washing. It is very large inside and has heaps of room for large pots. Cutlery tray is a treat. Totally happy with this dishwasher. Would highly recommend it to everyone.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Duglous, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you’re enjoying the experience. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Beautiful Bosch!

Bought a Bosch dishwasher after researching for several weeks including online reviews & feedback from others who had new dishwashers.
The Bosch rated very highly & when combined with a generous sale price at Good Guys soon became a "no brainer"!
Installation was easy. Operation was straight forward and super quiet - I even had to turn it off to confirm that it had been on - sounds silly but it's true. Cleaning efficiency has been confirmed in the subsequent weeks of usage & so far I cannot fault it's performance.
Am looking forward to its ongoing performance, but at this stage am very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Milmaurand , Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that your dishwasher is super quiet and that it cleans efficiently. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Happy with the machine but can the design can be improved

We have this Bosch dishwasher for about 6 months. It does clean the dishes and cutleries tray quite well. Occasionally the knives were not cleaned properly from the cutlery tray even though I always stack my dishes and cutleries properly. I question the design. Maybe there should be a rotate thing from the top to help the cutlery tray and the upper draw to clean better. It also dries effectively.

It is a quiet machine.

I often use the time setting because we have solar energy. I set the hours ahead before bed time and the machine will start washing during the day while I am at work. I do the same thing with my Samsung washing machine. It is set to be finished just 30 mins before I get home from work. In that way the appliances can use any solar power generated during the day. I used almost every function apart from the glasses and hygiene functions. In general the machine does a good job with these features. The pots setting is really good if you have pots or thick ceramic bake dishes required heavy duty cleaning.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Jennifer V, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the experience. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Not washing dishes properly

Even on a 2.5 hour cycle some dishes and cutlery are not cleaned properly. Have owned it for over 9 months and this is a regular problem. Very disappointing for a mid priced dishwasher.

The racks and cutlery basket seems quite well designed and the stainless steel unit looks good.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hi Rob, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher. Please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good but needs adjustment

We have used the dishwasher for 4 months now.
Works well to clean dishes.
Rack layout is good. Ubiquitous cutlery basket clever.
2 issues:
Main problem is lower drawer wheels coming off the grooves in the door when pulled in and out when fully loaded - a problem we have never had before with other brands.
It is helped by loading dishes so that weight is symmetrically distributed - however this should not be needed!
Plastic handle on lower drawer to aid pulling drawer in/out already broken.
R& D, please fix this!
Ambivalent about top cutlery drawer - good for long utensils and small items but does reduce height for cups etc in upper drawer.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi David, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS68M32AU Dishwasher and can appreciate your disappointment. We'd like to assist you further in the issues with handle and wheels of the basket drawers, so could you please send us an email at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH210747 in the subject line. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

the dreaded E15 error

this dishwasher when working, washes brilliantly and drys effectively. However within a year of owning it the error code E15 appeared along with a continuously running pump that can only be turned off at mains. I looked online and found the tilt fix and bingo it worked. So every three months or so this error would appear and I would tilt the machine and fix it. Now 4 yrs later and out of warranty it is impossible to remove the e15 code and I am told by technicians that it would cost more in labour to fix than it was worth. So they recommend a new machine. It is to do with a flood sensor in the bottom pan, but it seems it takes very little to trigger it. The technicians say they are too technical and sensitive and the pumps are too light. So a very expensive mistake, no more Bosch machines here and it was even 'made in Germany' which is rare for Bosch! Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedNov 2012
Hi Andy, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher and can appreciate your disappointment. We realise that you've been in contact with a technician, however if we can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Well Bosch are not that keen to help. Sent my purchase invoice, technicians receipt and explanation of problem three days ago via email as requested and still no word. Have had to buy another machine and it certainly is not a Bosch. Buyer Beware!!!!!!

Extremely pleased!

I did a bit of research before deciding to purchase this dishwasher from Harvey Norman. Could not fault the guy they sent to do the installation. No complaints about the washing or drying factors although I have found using a rinse aid promotes better drying. I have had a so-called quiet dishwasher in the past but this one is super quiet and totally unobtrusive. The additional cutlery drawer is well worthwhile having.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi Lollipop, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M32AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the experience. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Installation instructions useless

This dishwasher performs well but is not as quiet as I expected. Dishes were cleaned and dried properly. I like the layout and the fact the top drawer can be removed for larger dishes.

I was very disappointed with the installation instructions as they were almost useless. There were diagrams provided but that was all and they were not even for dishwasher I received. A piece of metal is required above the dishwasher if you have a wooden bench top - this piece is not supplied with the machine.

Rang Bosch but was informed they do not have anybody who can help with installation instructions. T

Despite extensive research I was unable to find any further information on the Bosch website regarding installation.

Unlikely to purchase another Bosch appliance based on their lack of help and expertise.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

quiet and efficient operation; pleasant-looking exterior

We purchased a Bosch SMS68M38AU, 15 weeks ago, to replace an entry-level Westinghouse SB907 which had failed after more than a decade of satisfactory service. We chose the Bosch after researching machines in the $1000-$1500 range for a couple of months. Selection factors were the all-stainless tub, flexible interior configurations and the energy and water efficiency.

We found conflicting pre-sales information about the plumbing requirements. For the record, this model has a single inlet for water with a temperature of 60C or less. Hotter than that may damage interior seals and void the warranty. The machine heats water to whatever temperature it requires.

The machine was easy to install. Our pre-sales research had alerted us that the solenoid assembly on the inlet hose would require a larger penetration than the hose of our old machine. Infuriatingly, we could not find a clear statement of the exterior dimensions of the solenoid housing or the size of the penetration prior to purchase. It turned out to be 50mm x 100mm.

Operationally, the machine has been almost perfect. It is significantly quieter than the older machine although the run times, on average, are longer. We really like the significant variance in run time afforded by the auto setting; the half-load button helps here too. It really does seem to adjust the run according to number of dishes and degree of soil.

We thought that the delayed start might be useful but the machine is so quiet that it's seldom necessary. We do use it so that the machine runs when there is a plentiful supply of solar-heated water.

The flexibility of the interior basket arrangement is excellent. We have yet to use the cutlery basket; the cutlery drawer is a stroke of design genius. The interior doesn't accommodate our crockery very well. The claimed 15 place settings is bogus; it could only be achieved with crockery that was specially designed for the baskets. With a bit of effort we routinely manage 4 dinner settings of our basic Maxwell Williams crockery; 6 settings is only possible by leaving out the glassware. Noodle and desert bowls in particular are poorly accommodated.

We have read reviews that complained about drying ability and detergent residue. Neither of these have been a problem for us. We find the drying ability to be excellent; a vast improvement over the old Westinghouse. We've never seen any detergent residue. We use a powdered detergent rather than tablets so we cannot comment on tablet results.

Overall we're very happy. Along with the caveats I mentioned above, we'd willingly recommend this machine.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Hi Leterip, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher. Thank you for sharing your feedback for other customers regarding the installation of the appliance and the flexibility of the basket system. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Love the new dishwasher

After reading the other reviews I wanted to go into this open-minded (even though I also wanted to love this machine). Now, I haven't had a dishwasher for probably 20 years, so I'm pretty darn pleased to have one. Had it for two weeks and not disappointed. Stainless steel, plastic components inside. Choice didn't give it a terrific noise rating, but I reckon it's pretty good - exceptionally quiet on start up. Gets a bit noisier into the cycle, but nothing I wouldn't expect with any dishwasher I reckon. We've mainly used the full cycle, which goes a good 2.5 hours, but is water efficient, and everything has been clean and dry when it's finished. My tall wine glasses don't fit in the top, even with the extra cutlery drawer removed. But that's ok. Oh, and the extra cutlery drawer is an excellent idea - use it for all the spatulas and serving spoons etc. Love that you can move the cutlery basket around the tray for flexibility in stacking. Operation's fairly intuitive I reckon (unlike the oven bought at the same time - not a Bosch, though).
So, pretty satisfied. But, if I need to report anything later I'll be back.

Hi Microbel, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU / SMS68M32AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that the appliance is serving you well. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Performance plus - Dependable Bosch

Purchased our Series 6 Stainless steel lined, German made dishwasher (have had 2 others in past 10 years), and definitely does not disappoint in any area. We just went straight for the Bosch top of the range, don't waste time on other brands. Produces crystal clean glasses and all manner of crockery, cooking bowls and saucepans, is very quiet and extremely water efficient for both usage and heating. We use it mostly always on Eco/time saving mode. Love the new 'very top shelf' small items/cutlery tray. Added bonus was the $100 cash back (from Bosch) and great price "The Good Guys" had on this model - finished up being almost $400 cheaper than opposition whitegoods stores. Thank you Bosch!

Hi Chez, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMS68M38AU / SMS68M32AU Dishwasher. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAu

So disappointed!!

We purchased this machine after reading lots of positive reviews. Unfortunately it has not lived up to our expectations. It doesn't dissolve the dishwashing tablets properly and we are finding white powdery detergent over all our dishes, as well as dirty residue inside cups, etc. It also doesn't wash our dishes properly, even ones I consider relatively clean. This dishwasher performs no where near as good as our old machine we left behind at our old house. We've currently got a $1300 lemon sitting in our kitchen. I have to wash the dishes by hand. I'm also less than impressed with customer service. I rang to troubleshoot and was told that I would have to pay if I booked a technician and they could find a mechanical or electrical fault. As long as it's not something we did incorrectly fault or no fault this machine needs to be replaced as it is not performing as it should. We've tried different brand tablets and using different settings. We also use rinse aid.

Hi Naeby , Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS68M38AU / SMS68M32AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please send us an email at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, listing the problems you are having and quoting BSH207466 in the subject line. Please include the model number (including variant) FD and serial number in your email, any supporting photos, your contact details and a copy of your Purchase Receipt so we can investigate further. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Cannot get display light to show time light - have followed manual p25 many times. Any help?
No clue, sorry. Maybe manufacturing fault?Good Luck.Hi JulieB, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS68M38AU Dishwasher. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.hi julie my manual must be different to yours as page 25 in my manual is not for the display, i would try a reset of your machine by turning of at the power switch and remove plug from the gpo for 5 b/10 minutes then replace plug and turn power back on . this worked for my washer when i could not change wash programmes ,it locked up on one programme .

Hi can I connect the sms68m32au model to the hot water inlet connection. Or does it always have to be connected to the cold water connection?
Hi Brian K, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch SMS68M32AU Dishwasher. We recommend a cold water connection only. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Page 36 of the instruction manual informs you that this dishwasher is for cold water connection only, also this same answer applies to most bosch dishwashers, they are designed to heat the water to the desired water temperature depending on dishwashing cycle selected.

Hi can you please tell me if there is a difference between the Bosch free standing dishwasher SMS68M38AU and the freestanding SMS68M48AU ? I am in Harvey Norman looking at the latter and they say it is a discontinued model and only selling the last floor stock one. I can search the ones ending in 38 online but I don't find anything much ending in 48. Also,is it meant to have a cutlery basket as its basket is missing. Is this machine any good? Quick reply would be appreciated as need to go in tomorrow and choose between the SMS68M48AU or a built under one with a number SMU50M15AU.
Sorry if my answer is late, but it seems that the only difference is that model that I've got is an extra cutlery drawer and it looks like it is more silent than that other model. At least that is what I've found on Bosch website.Sorry if my answer is late, but it seems that the only difference is that model that I've got is an extra cutlery drawer and it looks like it is more silent than that other model. At least that is what I've found on Bosch website. Also it appears that model 38 (one I got) has extra spray head for big pots and pans and has implemented newer and smarter water level and pressure control for better cleaning. Harvey Norman was right it is newer model.Thank you very much for replying.

White (SMS68M32AU)Stainless (SMS68M38AU)
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack , Self Cleaning and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack , Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Consumption12 L/wash12 L/wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Maximum Noise Level42 db42 db
Number of Programs66
Number of Place Settings 1515
Colour / Finish WhiteStainless Steel
Dimensions 845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual