MPN: SMU50M05AU

Avoid avoid avoid

We were, past tense!, really happy with our Bosch SMU50M05AU 14 Place Setting Built Under Dishwasher Stainless Steel dishwasher. Purchased it for $1,100. Worked really well, until it broke down.

The machine stopped heating being just over 2 years old. Bosch came to repair the main circuit board (or whatever it's called), the repairman damaged the display board whilst replacing the main board, afterwards the machine wouldn't work at all or turn on. Bosch have refused to come back and fix the fault caused by their repair person, they have tried to blame us for the machine breaking down in the first instance (even though they've already fixed that issue?!).

I've had to pay for an independent dishwasher repair-person to give me advice on proving exactly what's wrong with the machine and proving the breakdown wasn't caused by me. With the quote received from the dishwasher repair person to fix the machine, as Bosch are refusing, it's more cost effective for me to actually buy a new, 'cheaper brand', dishwasher than to repair this one.

I have been without a working dishwasher for nearly 1 month.

In general, Bosch's response to the faulty dishwasher repairs has been a nightmare. They don't return my calls, they take up to 7 days to respond to my email, and they use every excuse under the sun not to repair the machine.

Purchased in January 2017 at David Jones for $1,099.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Waste of Money. Very disappointed.

I bought what l thought was a middle range Bosch dishwasher Made in Turkey. Thinking that on special from $1299 to $998 l was buying something of quality. After 3 years it has had too many service calls for different reasons. I.e. not washing dishing, water pump, stopped working completely, heating element and so on. I know this is now discontinued but will not buy another Bosch product. I could have bought another dishwasher with what l have spent to date. I have to replace it because to make the next repair is too expensive and the brand has lost any credibility for me.

Purchased in March 2014 for $998.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Hi Rosie,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dishwasher. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5545 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Couldn’t be happier

This has been the best, quietest, high build quality dishwasher i have ever owned.
If something hasn't washed properly it was due to human error, eg, utensil preventing water jets from spinning, Items put too close together or filters need cleaning.
Well worth the investment. Would buy a German made Bosch dishwasher again

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi GreenVomit8,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU50M05AU dishwasher. We're glad to hear that you'd buy a Bosch dishwasher again. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Very happy

We wanted a German made bosch with the stainless interior, this was the entry level model. This dishwasher is quiet, cleans well and dries reasonably well. We usually open the door once it is finished in order to aid drying. We only ever use the Quick wash so it is fast too

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Emily, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU50M05AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Didn’t realise how bad my old Dishlex was until I bought this.

Cleans dishes incredibly well but what impressed me the most was how quiet it was. I had to check that it was actually working it was that quiet, especially compared to my old Dishlex dishwasher. We highly recommended it. Easy to use, efficient and also one of the few dishwashers that will operate solely with hot water inlet if you prefer.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Astrid B, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU50M05AU Dishwasher. We're glad to hear that you are enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

My second Bosch dishwasher is awesome.

This is my second Bosch dishwasher purchase. I had an entry level Bosch installed in my old home. Recently, the old dishwasher in my new home has broken down. Bosch! Bosch is the first word comes up in my mind when I think of a replacement. I am getting brand loyalty in Bosch in recently year. This new 6 series dishwasher has arrived yesterday. I have immediately moved it to the dining room and removed the old machine from the kitchen. Even though the installation is straight forward, it still took me more than 4 hours to finish the job. The holes were already drilled for the old machine but I need to remove the old machine and clean up the cabinet. As usual, the dishwasher requires you to connect to the cold water, drain hole and a power point. This Bosch machine and my old 4 series machine has a metal plate which needs to be nailed under the bench top. The wash has 3 height adjustable legs. Two in the front and 1 in the middle of the back. Unlike the 4 series machine, this machine comes with 2 screws. The dishwasher has 2 screw holds in front of the door seal. You need to be secured to the washer by screwing these screws to the cabinet left and right walls.

My first impression on the machine is great. The overall feel is so cool. The front panel is a bit fancier than the 4 series. It is a 14 places set machine. I don't know how a machine can load more dishes without going bigger in external size. But it seems to dish more in each run. The 4 series is very quite. My wife said the 6 series is even more quite. My old AEG is noiser. But frankly, the noise level is never a concern. As all 3 machines are more quite than washing by hands. I always pre raise the dishes before putting them into the washers. My old machines don't raise thoroughly. The dishes have some leftover "Finish". You can feel it when the dishes gets wet and it feels slippy. But the 6 series doesn't seems to have problem with that. It makes me think I don't to put in a Finish for my first wash. But all dishes are clean.

By the way, my old 4 series was made in Turkey and the 6 series was made in Germany.

The machine makes my Bosch brand loyalty concreter.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Chan, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU50M05AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Pretty quiet!

Cleans dishes well, definitely much quieter than the previous Westinghouse dishwasher I was using. Quite useful being able to configure the settings (full load / half load). We bought the appliance and installed it ourselves, certainly wished the manual was a bit easier to understand. Functionality of the dishwasher is generally good!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Teresa, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS50M05AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Happy customer- so far so good

Cleans very well, hardly make any noise. Lot of space for pots and cutlery.
We were using Miele before, So I was hesitant to buy Bosch but read good reviews and now I love Bosch!
It has got quick wash and half load option, also you can delay the wash to save energy during peak hour.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Saima, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU50M05AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Should have done it years ago

Just installed a Bosch SMU50M05AU to replace a 10YO Electrolux/Dishlex. What an improvement. So much quieter. Wash is dramatically better, and everything is dry, including plastic storage boxes. Even cleans pots n pans to perfection. Install was pretty straightforward, except for the hoses being too short. Easy fix. Have already noticed power usage decrease with the four star power rating. Worth every extra cent spent.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Lex, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU50M05AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you’re enjoying the experience. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Be careful of the under bench model

My original Bosch was just over 2 years old when it stopped working. Fortunately I had paid for an extended warranty so I was given a credit and could buy a new one through Appliances Online. I was hesitant of buying another Bosch but didn't have much choice of other brands on the website so I bought another Bosch, paying extra for the model up SMU50M05AU. Unfortunately when the product arrived I discovered that I I had purchased an under the bench model (my dishwasher was going under the bench) but they don't come with a top. When I installed the dishwasher there is a 6cm gap from the top of the dishwasher to the bench. You can raise the dishwasher but then you have the huge gap on the bottom where I can see the concrete floor. The kicker plate doesn't come big enough. I got in contact with appliances online letting them know there is no where on their website that states this dishwasher doesn't come with a top. Nor are there any photos on the website showing the whole dishwasher without a top, but they were unwilling to help as I had used the dishwasher twice. I have discovered that there is the same dishwasher with a different model number that comes with the top and is $20 cheaper!
It seems otherwise to wash well but unfortunately looks odd in my kitchen, a problem I wouldn't have had if the first bosch dishwasher didn't break!

A Dish of a Washer

Replaced the old dishwasher with this newer model. Easy to install and is super quiet. Washes everything nicely and in different time settings. Only design issue is that cutlery basket tips over unless you put everything up the front of the basket maybe a clip would fix this Bosch? Wash light goes off after clean so I can never remember if it is washed or dirty. Liked the old one where the light stayed on till I turned it off. Can't go wrong with this washer!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Strabbi, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU50M05AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you’re enjoying the experience. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.