MPN: SMU88TS03A

Very quiet and versatile dishwasher

We purchased a Harvey Norman exclusive model SMU88TS02A/51. They were on special at $1599 minus bosch cash back and bonus eftpos card so was very good value. It is built in underbench model and looks fantastic..nice flat stainless steel finish and very clean lines..has many auto programmes that are efficient and effective..there is a vario drawer for cutlery in the top and a cutlery basket as well..the vario drawer is adjustable and very good...has colour lcd screen built in to the top of the door on the inside and a good size colour lcd on the outside built into handle to display current status of the programme..the controls are electronic touch buttons along the top inside of the door which are easy to use and are concealed when the door is closed..the machine is super quiet and runs very well...i did a review on the Bosch appliances site and pointed out that the only thing i would wish for in this model would be the Miele haefele runners for the drawers (they are super smooth) plus auto kicking the door open at the finish (which Meile also does) but my review got rejected because i mentioned a competitor...it was only to say that the Bosch is still a 5 star washer in my view but would be 5 star deluxe with auto door opening and smooth drawer runners but thats part of what the buyer considers for the extra $400 or so for the Meile. I consider this the be the best choice in our price range plus we wanted German made machine (or other top Euro appliance) and have not been disappointed!!

Purchased at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $1,199.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Hi AFK,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS02A dishwasher, we're glad to hear that your enjoying the super quietness of the unit, number of automatic programs with easy electronic control buttons. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Bosch does it better

After our last dishwasher (Bosch, lasted about 8-10 years) we decided we would stick with them as they do dishwashers so well. So far so good. We really like this machine, love that you can adjust the middle draw to make it higher or lower depending upon what you have in the bottom rack. Also love that you can flick up and down some of the plate holder bits to make room for bulky things. Also has the option for cutlery drawer or the crate at the bottom. I absolutely LOVE having my cutlery all laid out in the top section as it makes it much easier and quicker to unload. So, I've removed the cutlery basket as it takes up room that can be used for other stuff.
I can't figure out the wine rack though, tried to use it once and didn't know where it was supposed to fit.
This is really quiet and has lots of options for type of cleaning. The extra dry option is used often as I hate clean but wet dishes. Still can't empty this dishwasher immediately as the dishes will be wet but you can't have everything!
It washes everything really well, provided you don't squish one ultra dirty plate right up against another. Does pots and pans and frypans pretty well. We use it daily, it's another quality bosch product.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Boo, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the experience so far. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Love It - So Good!

This is the best upgrade ever for us. We previously had a very underwhelming Fisher And Paykel that always managed to under clean the dishes. - oh boy what a step up this Bosch is. Perfect clean dishes every time, its quiet too and has good, clear options We will see what the longevity is like but I have never had a bad Bosch product so I am expecting good things.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Fairway19, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. Thank you for sharing your experience for other customers regarding ease of use and the wash results. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

OK but not great

We’ve had this machine since aug 2016 so we’ve had a good run. Originally we were having issues with pump and water not draining, however Bosch sent out a technician and issue was fixed by reinstalling dishwasher correctly! Since then, so far so good, however the more I use it the more annoying it gets.

Reasonable dishwasher let down by a number of minor issues.
Cons:
- design of top crockery tray makes it difficult to pack items well.
- no cutlery basket but has a cutlery tray. The cutlery tray takes up a lot of room which means regular size plates don’t fit into dishwasher if you have tall glasses and have lowered the tray to fit glasses.
- when you open the cutlery tray to add cutlery, all cutlery already in there falls out of the holders and is strewn about everywhere. Then you need to repack. Untidy, messy and frustrating!
-cutlery tray does not allow cutlery to be properly cleaned, quite often I’m running cutlery through again and again. Then I have to hand wash - so what’s the point of having a dishwasher?? Wish they had a cutlery basket. My previous dishwasher never had such issues with cleaning cutlery in the old fashioned basket.
-water always collects on anything on top shelf, glasses, bowls etc
- dishes never really get dry properly on top shelf
- quick cycle doesn’t always clean properly
- touch screen operation can be difficult to use, wet or dry hands the controls are finicky

Pros:
- quiet machine
- very easy to clean filter and unblock (if something gets stuck)
- washes reasonably. Has so many options that it’s a bit of overkill, but nice to have options.
- can fold down pretty much all the prongs to wash bigger or awkwardly shaped items which is handy

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi Deem, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher. Thank you for sharing your tip's for other customers. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Best we’ve had

This machine does a great job. I never put in dishes without cleaning them off reasonably well as the filter doesn’t have to be cleaned as often. Everything comes out dry except the top of cups which is to be expected. It is very quite except for an occasional slurp. I like the cutlery tray.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Hi Hungry, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Luv it :)

I think my model number is SMU88TS02A on 3A but it didn’t come up.
I am really happy with my purchase. It was Easy to install and use, fits everything in so well, love the cutlery drawer, SUPER QUIET - can put on anytime and won’t disturb if we have guests or watching tv (open plan house all in same area), cleans every time - even on the fast wash, dries well, tells you when you need more rinse aid or when u should do a clean out wash.
No cons yet but the spray arms are plastic not metal so not sure if that will effect the life of it in the end.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Chrissy P, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS02A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Should have been better for the price paid

Pros:
- Quiet operation, its so quiet during operation
- Flexible ways to arrange racks
- Less water and electricity consumption

Cons:
- Priced high with only notable feature of flexibility in arranging
- Plates won't come clean all times
- Touch screen operation is hard to operate, especially when hands are wet

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Nevin, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

No Cutlery Basket

My wife and I are avid fans of Bosch. We have purchased a Bosch washing machine and Bosch dishwasher in recent years and proudly show them off to family and friends who ask us for advice on making their own whitegood purchases. A few months ago, we inspected the Bosch Dishwasher SMU88TS03A at the good guys castle hill and were impressed with many of the functions and product specifications that it offered, one of which was the movable cutlery basket that the representative showed us - my wife was sold on the model!

However, when we purchased the Bosch SMU88TS03A, we noticed that the movable cutlery basket was not included. Upon several phone calls with Bosch and our retailer, they both informed me that the movable cutlery basket was not included. They informed us that the basket that was shown to us in store may have been for another model (Apparently SMU88TS02A and SMU88TS04A include the movable cutlery basket but not SMU88TS03A - even though all models are in the same Series 8!). Obviously we were not impressed as the customer representative showed us the SMU88TS03A with the movable cutlery basket.

For some, a cutlery basket is not life changing, but for us it is an essential part of our daily dishwashing requirements and a key item in deciding which brand/model of dishwasher to choose from. We still enjoy using our dishwasher although it is a bittersweet experience each time we use it. In our minds we feel slightly mislead.

Thank you for your time in reading this

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Alan T, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. Our models come with either a cutlery drawer or a cutlery basket, however if you'd wish to have both you can purchase a cutlery basket with us over the phone, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Unfortunately that's a lie. Look at model SMU88TS02A: http://www.bosch-home.com.au/productlist/dishwashers/built-in-dishwashers/dishwasher-60-cm-wide/SMU88TS02A#/Tabs=tab-3185783/ It comes with BOTH a 'Moveable cutlery basket in lower basket' and 'VarioDrawer™ Pro: Third loading level for cutlery & utensils' I bought model SMU88TS03A which is an even more expensive model and it does not come with a movable cutlery basket. Please make sure you do your research on your OWN products before commenting.

Great dishwasher

We just purchased this dishwasher it cleans great and is very quiet the only down fall is even though it is an under cupboard model and the specs say it is suitable for 815mm-850mm & 845mm-880mm bench height it isn't it only comes with a 75mm toe kick panel and our cupboards have a 120mm kick board there is a 120mm toe kick panel on the bosch site but after ringing bosch spare parts Australia they cant order it as it is an overseas only spare part so now we are stuck with a big ugly 45mm gap at the bottom of the dishwasher with white plastic feet showing for the price you would think it would come with suitable install parts or at least be available in Australia.
If it wasn't for the Lack of kickpanel i would give 5 stars

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Jon, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

great machine

We didn't need a new dishwasher but when we came across this one we just needed to upgrade. We love it, no regrets. It washes great and it is nice and quiet, the dishes come out looking really clean. We have been using a two draw machine and now wish that we have only upgraded sooner.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Terry p, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Best Dishwasher ever

I love how the dishes all stack in there, this is my second Bosh and we went to great length to find one that fitted into the space provided it this house, we would not settle for anything but a Bosh. I find it easy to use, holds a lot of dishes, easy to clean just love it.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Hi Marion McG, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TS03A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Wonderful

Clean very well, never had a dishwasher before, and love it heaps.It saves my hands getting dry, by not having to do the dishes by hand. Dishes come out super clean and sparkly, and is very economical and quiet. Very happy using this awesome machine, and looks great too in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Saturn, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher and we’re glad to hear that you love your appliance. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good for small kitchen

This dishwasher was purchased from a friend srill in box and un- used. Very clear and easy to understand installation which i did myself without any professional assistance (got a plumber friend to over see the installation and to check over everything of course) very convenient size as i have a very small kitchen space. Quiet operation and does a good job with minimal energy usage and low water consumption.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi S. Knight, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher and we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

After lots of research I am happy with my choice. It's a great product.

Cleans really really well. Leaving squeaky clean plates and glasses.
Am aware the machine is running but it doesn't interfere with conversation.
Like the complete stainless steel inside - no plastic bits.
Love the cutlery tray and using it means I can remove the cutlery basket and that means more room on bottom rack.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Rebecca, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quiet dishwasher

There were so many water marks inside the dishwasher when unpacking the machine, the sales person told me the water marks were left after the testing by the manufacturer. I know that some brands' dishwashers are cleaned before shipping. The default language was German but not English, I had to set the language before changing other settings, the machine is made in Germany.

The machine is so quiet during running, the dishes and the glasses are clean and dry - you need to set the programmes at highest temperature 65-75 degrees and shining, then it takes longer time to wash, over 3 hours depending on the programme settings.

We are happy we bought this model of dishwasher, the price is higher than the lower models but is better than some European brands.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Watcher, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

mostly good but unsure about some of the noises

Very happy with the clean and overall feel, love the cutlery drawer and internal light.
One of the reasons we chose the dishwasher was for low noise and the Choice review. Our last Kleenmaid dishwasher made some awful noises on its way out.
There is one noise every now and then like a changing gear noise for a few seconds, not sure what it is or if its normal. A bit concerned it may become a problem.
Like the interface but a bit puzzling for an Australian model it started in German. My husband was stumped but lucky I learned German once and switched it to English.
The default should be no beep when the cycle finishes. I changed it but its kind of fiddly to change.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Amfowler, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, BoschHomeAuIt stopped working and we had to make a service call which took weeks, unfortunately it happened just before Easter. A part was replaced. It does seem quieter now, not sure if that part had anything to do with it. For the slowness of service and the fact that in needed servicing within months of purchase I would give it less than 4 stars now.Also, why does it have such sharp corners when open at shin level really hurts to bump into, would like to upload a pic I took of this.

Rust marks on the Front panel

Super quiet and cleans well. Unfortunately after almost seven months I can now see rust marks on the Front panel.
All my other stainless steel appliances are cared for the same way and still look great... I'm hoping those rusty marks will not get any worse.. very annoyed to have a rusted dishwasher in my newly renovated kitchen.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hi Talal, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with the finish of the appliance, we'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, BoschHomeAuHello, I called the Bosch support team and was offered a stainless steel cleaner set. Today I received the package and my dishwasher now looks great.. thank you Bosch for your quick response.

Start loving it

I got mine today, model SMU88TS03A/06. I assume that it has the feature of “ActiveWater” with the new Zeolith drying technology. It is difficult to decide which model or style to go between built-in and free-standing. I picked up built-in one finally because I believed it will be more flexible to adjust the height to fit inside of the bench-top. I felt surprised about the front button cover panel because it is too thin/narrow to use. I got a space with 860 height under of bench-top, therefore there is still a big gap could not be covered by the narrow button panel, which shown a bit piece of black rubber.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Hi bovely, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Excellent Dishwasher

It cleans to perfection, and you can't even hear it running.
So much room in this machine, for all your needs. The adjustable height middle shelf is perfect and simple to lower leaving ample room for wine glasses or any tall items.
The drying is another great feature, no more water sitting on the coffee cups or glasses

Hi Home maker, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Great, so quiet love it.

It cleans the dishes so well and the racks are well spaced and easy to use. Love how quiet the machine is no loud banging, great product. Can adjust shelving to suit large pots and pans as well as the cultery tray is great and works well to clean all the items.

Hi Emz, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAu

Hi, I am looking for a dishwasher that obviously washes and dries dishes well but also has facility to place and clean Tupperware type plastic containers without them turning upside down during the cycle. Also, I am single as yet so not too many dishes pile up and as yet I don't cook daily so don't always have big pots and pans. I saw somewhere online that Bosch has dish drawers - do you? i couldn't find it on your site. I am not very keen on leaving dirty dishes in the sink till there are enough dishes and pots and pans to load the dishwasher. Any suggestions for this scenario? Thanks.
Look for half load option. Our old Bosch had this ability, in which case you just use the lower basket.

I noticed that the built under model isn't finger print resistant whereas that stand alone version of the series 8 is. What are your thoughts on the finger print marks? (Quite a concern for me given I have two little kids)
It isn't finger print resistant, but not too much. Hope this can help.I havent noticed any finger prints on ours and , until recently, we had 4 kids living here. To be honest I didnt even know about the finger print thing. our machine has had a hard 6 moths washing daily for 4 adults and 4 children and I suppose I am just grateful that it has handled the pressure so easily.I'd be more concerned with the cleaning capability than the kids fingerprints: the manufacturer takes care of the former. The latter is inconsequential - unless you are OCD

Do any of the Bosch dishwashers come with both cutlery drawer and basket?
Hi Mchelle, Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch SMU88TS03A Dishwasher. Our dishwasher models come with one or the other, however if you purchase a model with a cutlery drawer you're able to purchase a cutlery basket separately from our After Sales team. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our After Sales Support team on 1300 369 744 during business hours. Regards, BoschHomeAuI would assume that they come with one or the other, not both. My one has the top shelf drawer, but other models do have baskets

Price (RRP) $2399