MPN: WAK24162AU

Amazing product! We use it’s about 2 weeks, it is so quiet, and the quick function I love it. Price was very cheap too.

Quick wash
Easy to use
1200 spin per min
Timer
Extremely quiet do perfect for a baby
Water efficiency
Electric efficient
Very cheap for what it is doing
Lots of function for cotton, wool wash, hand wash,quick 15 min wash...

Purchased in April 2019 at All Major Appliances for $660.00.

Noise Level
Hi Jule B,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU, we're glad to hear that you find the appliance extremely quiet. Thank you for sharing your review. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Disgraceful customer service. Machine makes a horribly loud noise during some sections of the wash.

As per title. Noise was sometimes so loud that it even frightened us. Contacted customer service several times and we are still nowhere near a resolution. Had the audacity to tell me the appliance was manufactured in 2010 and out of warranty. It actually came with the brand new apartment in May 2018!. Disgraceful customer service. Been 3 weeks and still waiting for a meaningful response.

Purchased in May 2018.

Dryer TypeBosch WTG86400AU
Hi Daniel,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch washing machine. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5207 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great WM For A Small Family

I have bought it a few months and I find it the best wm I have ever had.
Working very quietly, economy with cold water intake only.
No lint and the cloths coming out fresh every time.
I love it and highly recommend bosch brand.

Purchased in January 2019.

Noise Level
Hi An Nguyen,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU, we're glad to hear that you are enjoying the features of the appliance. Thank you for sharing your recommendations. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Simple work

After a smooth 14 year run with my previous front load Bosch washer, I chose to stick with the brand. At first I wasn't too thrilled about learning all the button options, but now I LOVE it. 15 or 30 min cycles for only slightly soiled clothes, extremely gentle cycles for delicate's and a good choice of options for anything else. Reduce spin feature is also a winner for delicate fabrics. Took a little time to transition from a very basic original Bosch front loader, but the options are a fantastic improvement.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Lydia, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're loving the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great little washer for singles or couples!

I bought this 7kg Bosch washing machine from Appliances Online when I moved into a new house about a month ago and am very happy with it so far.

I've only used the quick 15 minute and 30 minute cycles, but they work so well I haven't bothered to try out any of the longer wash programs. It washes clothes, towels and sheets perfectly and the 1200 spin cycle gets almost all the water out for faster drying time.

The only thing to be mindful of is that if you're washing a set of queen or king size bed linen, you probably can't fit all of the sheets, pillow cases and doona cover in at the same time. I overpacked mine one day and came back in afterwards to find water and soap suds everywhere. Oops!

I would definitely recommend this washing machine for singles, couples or people who are happy to do several, more frequent, smaller loads rather than a huge load of washing once a week.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Ally, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Upgrade from twin tub

i have only had this machine a short while. Have not encounted any problems so far.Easy to install.Quiet operation.No noticable vibration when going through spin mode. Washing as clean as I used to get with twin tub. being able to add that forgotten item is a good feature. Have no hesitation in giving this frontloader a top rating.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Walrus, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744 to discuss. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Awesome Washing Machine

This washing machine has been the best washing machine I've used so far, it is able to soak your clothes and is also very economical. It is gentle on all our clothes and is quieter than my previous washing machine, it is very convenient to pre soak and then use that detergent to finish the wash off.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Mohamad, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance so far. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Mostly good, but sometimes too powerful.

Bought this washing machine when I got married mid 2017, unfortunately we aren't allowed to mount it to the wall where we're living, so it's been sitting on the ground in the laundry. The only problem is, the machine is so powerful that sometimes the whole thing shakes so violently that the machine literally moves itself to the other side of the laundry while a load is on. We have to turn the RPM's down to the lowest setting every cycle or the machine will just go crazy. It's likely some kind of imbalance in the legs but it's just annoying more than anything else and not something I would expect from a new machine, especially Bosch.

Other than that, it's a fairly good machine, it gets the job done, has plenty of settings for different washes, and is really really easy to use (that's probably its best feature).

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Deej, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

We love this washing machine!

We're really glad we purchased this washing machine! Lots of different settings and options.
Easy to adjust time or spin setting etc. Clothes are clean and well rinsed out, even on the quick setting.
Our only (minor!) complaint is that it beeps at you, quite frequently, when it's finished your load.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Claireoz, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Nice washer! Must have

This clean really well with no lint and the clothes come out fresh. It is gentle on clothes and my favourite feature is the rinse setting, which I use for clothes that just needs to be freshened up. I wouldnt say it is quiet but it is not noisy compared to my previous top loader. Overall a good product!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Sticky, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

You cannot go wrong with this quality washing machine

I bought this washing machine a month ago and really enjoyed it. I did a lot of research before I jumped on this model and it turned out to be a good purchase, in my opinion. . Unlike LG washing machines which got reported many times for the water hammer issue, this washing machine is running very quiet and it features a 15 mins quick wash as well. I hope it can last long.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Daniel, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Clean clothes every time

Rinse very good nearly dry clothes never wear out . My favourite features are the quick wash programs whites stay white removes stains no problems colors always stay colorful heavy clothes wash beautifully my husband's work clothes look great as he as to wear orange and yellow shirts for safety .

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Hi Rita Caink, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that the appliance is serving you well. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Poor rinse

This is the new small Bosch washer and it's my first front loader. It works fine on cold wash and boasts minimal water and electricity usage; but the clothes are left harsh as the detergent is not rinsed adequately. Maybe I was spoiled with my previous high water usage machine. Maybe all front loaders have this limitation. Anything less than 1200 rpm on the spin speed makes things considerably worse. Having called Bosch service, I was advised to use a front-loader only washing powder. This sounds good but a trip to Woolies showed that all brands were combination front and top loaders! They also all use 1 scoop of detergent whether it's a large inefficient top loader or a small efficient front loader!!! Common sense is to decrease the amount of detergent. I now using Aldi Trimat with just one quarter of the recommended dose. I would have rated this machine 4 stars except for the poor after sales help.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Bill P, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good washing machine

Its a ery good one. Initially i had difficulties working out the detergent and softener level and it looked like the clothes were being washed without any of them. Until i called the bosh service and they did explain that there is a level to be set. And now its very good.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Elga Mertkola, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

love this washing machine

my old LG washing machine lasted for about 12 years, then one day decided to give up, start to leak.
instead of get it fix probably would cost close to the new one.
so start to search for a good price with a good product.
found this, have many good wash features. decided to order online with Applicances Online.
this machine is great, nice and quiet, couldn't ask for more, hopefully it last longer.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Blue, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Help on timing of settings

I Had this machine installed yesterday after replacing my LG but I am having trouble with locating the actual timing of the washes? it gives the temperature only? I only ever wash with cold and usually on a 30 minute cycle. Seems to be a lovely machine but need help please.
Jen

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Second Bosch FL Machine

Have this new machine about 2 weeks now, which has been a replacement for a Bosch Maxx Clasic. Pondered a few other machines but ended opting for a very similar more modern version of what we had, mainly due to the 15min cycle and better power consumption of the rivals we looked at.

Washing performance is slightly better than the old machine with better agitator paddles inside the drum. The 15min function though is tricky now because the default spin speed in not set at max rpm of 1200, so you need to adjust this when you set the wash up.

The cycles, so far, all seem to be gentle on the clothes. It is quieter than old the model and seems to better balanced as it took little time to level up correctly. So far no signs of it walking around the floor!!

Our old machine died after about 10 years due to a failure of the spider arms (holds the drum in place, off the motor). This seems to be a common issue when you do your research, as the detergents 'eat' away at the alloy arms over time and eventually fail. Given we are a sports mad family of 4, I concede we have done well out of this machine as it would been used for a minimum of 1 wash a day over it's life cycle.

However I note on the new machine there is a function to 'drum clean' cycle, that heats the water to 90 degrees. I would assume that this function has been Engineered in, primarily, to minimise the risk of spider arm failure, which can be an expensive repair or write off.

One negative feature is that entry part of the front door sealing rubber tapers towards the door. The effect of this is that water will pool in this area, slightly more than a couple of egg cups full and will end up on the floor, when you empty the machine. Not a biggy but a 'head scratcher', on an otherwise, well built and designed machine, that is well worth the investment.

Sorry it's not 5 stars but an honest 4.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Stephen, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Fantastic washing machine

Bought this a couple of months ago from the good guys. Fantastic washing machine, use it almost everyday. As with all front loader, it takes a while to finish a cycle, but with its quick function you can have a cycle done in less than an hour. It uses very little water too. The capacity of the 7kg model is probably the equal to 5kg (or even less) of the top loader.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Ivo, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good washer

Fairly decent washer. It's handy to be able to add an item during some parts of the wash cycle. The functions and wash times are typical of most washers though.
Example;
Cotton(cold or 40) takes 56mins but for only a 4kg max load. 2hrs30mins at 7kgs if not on speedperfect
Easy-Care and Mix function max loads are only 3.5kgs with speedperfect on or off and will take roughly an hour.
Hand wash and Delicates functions will only take 2kgs and will finish in around 40mins.
Dark Wash can load 3kgs and takes 1hr:30mins with speed perfect on or off
Kids Wash can load to 4kgs and will take 1 hour. Loads to 7kgs and will take 3hours51mins with speedperfect off
Skin sensitive can load to 4kgs and will take 2 hours. Loads to 7kgs and will take 2hours38mins with speedperfect off
The 15min setting will load up to 2kgs and the 30min setting will load to 3.5kgs

You can find cheaper brands today that will wash a 7kg load in 1 hour.

I bought this hoping that it will last 10 years so time will tell. My old Whirlpool was cheaper and does the same in performance and functionality but only lasted 6 years.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Jack, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Not very happy

I bought this machine recently to replace my 5 year old Samsung front loader that died. I was recommended this machine by a sales person, due to the direct drive motor that should last longer.

Good points:
Quiet operation
Good range of wash programs

Bad points:
Clothes simply do not come out as clean as my old machine. The washer does not seem to fill with enough water to wash the clothes properly.
Wash temperatures are set within the particular program. No control over this.

Overall I think my old machine produced a much better wash than this machine. I wish I hadn't bought it. I only used the daily wash on my old machine (54 minutes long) and had excellent results. I have a messy toddler and I find his clothes just do not come out clean in the Bosch.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Di W, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch WAK24162AU Washing Machine. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.