MPN: WAN22120AU

Great little machine, easy to use and quiet

I just got this washing machine and have done a few loads of laundry - super quiet and easy to use. The settings are varied and there is something for everything. Has the super quick washing function which is great and you can't find this function on all machines. Doesn't come in the 8 kg which is a shame (I have the 7.5 kg) but very easy to install as well. Would highly recommend.

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online.

Noise Level
Hi Meagan,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that your appliance is super quiet and easy to use. Thank you for sharing your feedback. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Replacing my old washing machine with a Bosch

4 months in. It's quiet, washes clean, is easy to operate and is low water/ energy use.
Its easy on the clothes, has both hot and cold options and doesn't make too much noise.

Purchased at Appliances Online.

Noise Level
Hi Louisa C, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU washing machine and we're glad to hear that your appliance is easy to use and is quiet. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Love this front loader.

Wash cycle isn't as long as my previous front loader and the door opens mid cycle as well which is handy for adding stuff in. Another plus side is when the wash is finished the door unlocks immediately and there's no waiting around. There's a handy quick wash function as well-can choose either 15 or 30 mins. I normally wash cloth nappies as well and it has been coming up very clean on just the cotton with pre wash function. Very happy with this machine. So happy we got this one after old one broke.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bing Lee Online store.

Dryer TypeNone
Hi TuffyTee,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you are so happy with the appliance. Thank you for sharing your review. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Replacement Bosch

2nd review (one month on).
I read the other (negative) reviews with some trepidation but eventually, price (for the Chinese-made product) won out; that and 'the bowl'. The cheapest bowl - a single unit stainless steel - is the best (used to be the most expensive!) in our experience (no issues with aging plastics or rusting bolts). After a month of moderately heavy routine use:
Pros: quiet, brand name, price, the single-unit bowl
Cons: electronic program a bit fiddly, unfriendly at first, hard to read for elderly eyes; life-expectancy of the Chinese-made product an unknown.
It is (very!) quiet compared to the very similar (13 years old) Bosch it replaced. One can sleep through it in the adjoining room.
The programming instructions were so difficult to read on first experience, we wound up putting letraset under the (inconveniently small) buttons. Since then, no problem. One has to choose program every time - a boon or a curse depending...
The non-slip top, carried over from the previous model, is an advantage over slippery painted metal.
The performance figures (and most features) matched more expensive brands & models. Equivalent machines from newly fashionable brands (with similar performance and features) were almost twice the price.
Price paid was $902; $679 for the machine, $149 for 5 year warranty, $74 for deliver/install/remove.
The last (deliver/install/remove) was well worth it for the newly geriatric us. The installer - even though he was familiar with the product and process - still took a while to get it completely right - and he did get it completely right.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

Noise Level
Hi Jorgejio,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you find the machine so quiet and logistics of receiving the appliance well worth it. Thank you for sharing your pros and cons. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Dear Bosch H, Please note in particular the comments re the "bowl". It was the decider. Our experience with coated steel or with plastic attachments has been more of problems (like flakes of rust or plastic, or cracks in once-soft edges) leading to reduced life of machine, reduced life of clothing. Note also: our experience with front-loading is that clothing lasts up to 3X longer for identical items. Therefore front-loader buyers for 30 of last 43 years.

Another great Bosch product

I bought another Bosch appliance after being very happy with a dishwasher. This model was competitively priced and had the Bosch name.

Mainly use this for cotton laundry. Easy to install and washes cotton in an hour. Spin cycle wrings out the clothes very well and the spin cycle makes a bit of noise despite the claims of the engineering to stop vibrations. Very easy to use.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $637.00.

Noise Level
Hi Johnno, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU washing machine, we glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Do not buy if you ever think about moving it in future

Before you can use it, you need to take the bolt out. Then 4 white spacer will fall down from inside the washer;

In order to move your washer in future, you are supposed to put the bolt AND the white space back in place (Trust me i have asked this question to customer service) How do you expect people to fit those white spacer back - it's deep inside the machine with nothing holding it except the bolt when inserted. You can only get to the position of the bolt hole by reaching from the bottom of the machine. So you will need to tilt the machine either face down(Which squash the door) or face up - good luck inserting the bolt under the machine, to put the white space back.

My previous Bosch wasn't like that (Bosch Classixx , the spaces is hooked from outside) and same as other Bosch model. This is a cheap, pathetic design that purposely built to destroy your machine when you move so you can buy a new one.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

Noise Level

Very disappointed with after-sales service

Very disappointed! The machine initially seemed good (washes well), but after only 5 months the rubber seal at the door split, leading to a small pool of water on the floor. Called Customer Care Australia, and a woman on the phone told me that she would organise for someone to come out and replace the seal. I duly waited until the day the technician came out, a man who took one look and immediately told me that the seal was not covered under warranty. Instead, this would cost me $250 plus GST ($100 for the replacement part, plus $80 call out fee, plus at minimum $70 labour).

The technician suggested that a piece of clothing had probably got caught on seal. I explained that our previous washing machine, an LG front loader, had lasted 12 years! Surely the material on this Bosch one must be poor quality? He was sympathetic, but there was nothing he could do. He told me that the woman on the phone was probably based in the UK and may not realise that the rubber gasket is not covered. And sure enough when I called the Customer Care Australia again, a man in England answered. He told me the technician had logged on the system that he had not been able to fix it under warranty because the problem was “due to misuse”. This is exceptionally poor after-sales service, in my opinion, which will make me think twice before buying any more Bosch products.

Purchased in December 2018 for $650.00.

Hi Daniel,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch WAN22120AU Washing Machine. We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH6032 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Does the job and i'm more than happy with it.

This front loading washing machine does more than than i really need it to.
I typically wash once a week and have washed cottons and mixed items (no delicates).

The controls are fairly basic, Eco or Speed, temperature adjustment, spin speed (maxing out at 1100rpm) and spin cycle (again).
But for me, this is enough.

It's quiet enough that i don't really notice it (with a TV or music in the background).
Lots of different washing options too (I've only really used cottons and mixed items).
Activating cotton, Eco mode and spin cycle can take a really long time (4 hours!)

Probably not suitable for large(r) families, as i feel the drum size is quite small, but for 1-2 people, definitely no issues!
Can happily (and will) recommend for those looking for something simple, but efficient.

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for $666.00.

Noise Level
Hi Compacct,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Perfect machine for 2-3 people! Only one issue of display which looks confusing in the dark.

It's a good machine for a small household. The features are amazing and works as desired.

It's been over 7 months never had a single issue with it. It's super silent and washes cloths clean.

It's power and water efficient. Cycle times vary between 15 mins and 3 hours but never seen the machine uses extra water or electricity.

It's Eco mode would definitely saves a fortune.

The only issue is the display, the characters are displayed in bright red and it also illuminates the non active areas of the displays which confuses me most of the time.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys.

Noise Level
Hi Padmanabh,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the display. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thanks for getting back. I've edited my original review and added a picture of the display. Please have a look and let me know what you think. Thanks!Hi Padmanabh,  Thanks for your updated review. Are you able to please email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5914 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Best washing machine I've owned

I bought this brand new and am very satisfied with my choice. I've only heard good things from Bosch products owned by friends and family. The overall quality is good. It was easy to install and very easy to use.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $550.00.

Noise Level
Hi Ben, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that the overall quality is good and appliance is easy to use. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good wash

Good wash. No need to separate colors and white.Very satisfied with the product. Has multiple options. The functionality of each can be understood from the manual. Would highly recommend this washing machine.

Purchased in November 2018 for $677.00.

Hi SMJ,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU, we're glad to hear that you are very satisfied with the product. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Best machine ever!!

Washes well, i dont even separate my colours and whites anymore, just mixes all together and no colour run or dull whites!
Machine does need to be balanced out well otherwise it does go walking around the laundry!

Purchased in December 2018 for $500.00.

Noise Level
Hi Bianca,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU. We're so glad to hear that your enjoying the washing results . Thank you for sharing your experience using the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

I too am like Marie sometimes it seems that I have to keep pushing the touch screen.

Sometimes clothes not spun and have to select spin cycle again. Otherwise I find machine to be good but touch screen is a bit unreliable it seems.no matter what cycle I choose. Also what cycle should I use for whites?

Purchased in February 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $680.00.

Noise Level
Hi Gary, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. Each wash cycles depends on the fabric and how soiled the clothes are. Please refer to you manual on pages 23-25 on our programme overview. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Great wash but touch panel seems to have problems

I am very happy with the way this machine washes- contrary to other comments i read on here. Things are washed thoroughly and perfectly spun - i think someone else on here needs to read the manual and work out how to use their machine. My issue with the machine is to do with the touch panel which seems very temperamental. It seems to register and then not register touch. sometimes it picks up the wrong touch. e.g. if you touch the delay section of the touch pad it will move the minutes of the cycle or temperature. a bit frustrating.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $595.00.

Noise Level
Hi Marie,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch  WAN22120AU washing machine and we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the wash results. However we understand that you have concerns about the touch panel. If you would like to have us arrange to have someone inspect the unit please contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

A Good Quality Washing Machine

The old Euromaid finally expired and we decided to spend a bit more and get a larger machine this time.

It is quiet in operation. Very easy to use and gives excellent results for all of our needs.

So impressed we intend to buy a compatible Bosch dryer when the old Conia expires.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $687.00.

Dryer TypeConia
Hi Dave SA,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Don't buy Bosch front loader 7.5 Its a night mare

I have the same problem the towels are hard ,flatten pile and still holding a lot of water. Be hard to get the towels dry in winter. I have tired less soap fabric softener Vinger. new towels I put the towels on easy wash . Even tried freshing up, rinse, I hate washing If you do a mix wash 3.5 hours, Easy care 1.8 Hours. Even the kids wash is 2.3 hours. This is a energy rating 4 and water rating 4. No I am not sitting here waiting for a service person to come . Its all in the program didn't they try the washing machines out before selling them . DON'T BUY A BOSCH 5 .7 FRONT LOADER. The reason I brought this washing machine was I was told by the sale person it was energy saving some times I looked in the window and there is not enough water to wash the clothes they look just wet. My last washing went 19 years and that was what I was going to buy but I was talked into buying a nightmare DON'T BUY The washing machine is 6 months old. It did have a book great, I wash the mop clean the drum cycle that's great but to long 1.0 1 hour and then I clean the machine after washing the mop 1.01 hours. Sorry this is all over the place. No I wasn't offered a reward.

Purchased in August 2018.

Hi Pamela Lang,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch washing machine. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4888 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent Buy !!!!

Bosch WAN 22120AU is the most quite washing machine in my experience. Uses very little water and surprizingly the wahing quality is amazing as well.
Must buy for a family of 4 - 5.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $689.00.

Noise Level
Hi Haji,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying you appliance so far with the quality of your washing and the quietness of the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good quality washing machine

Replaced old LG combo dryer/washer after 6 years of average performance (had several breakdowns). Have had the new washer for about two weeks now. Couldn't ask for me from a washing machine. Very stable (old machine liked to walk all over the laundry), very good quality of clothes after washing even on 15 min cycle, quiet, slim (takes less space than the old front loader), uses only one cold water outlet (it's a plus for me), requires less washing liquid, many programs with different settings quite easy to figure out. The only one minus so far is that it doesn't sing a song at the end of a cycle like old washer just beeps three times but not a big thing :)

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online for $710.00.

Noise Level
Hi Chuba,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far on how quiet and the steadiness of the appliance and also the quality of washes on your clothes. Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the end of cycle sound. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

It is very quiet and great size.

I bought it on boxing day from Harvey Norman. It is quiet and has a great size. It has a super quick mode which is 15 minutes wash and it is very usful for Queensland's summer time. It washes clean and does not leave any washing powder on the cloths.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Sheri, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Bosch series 4

Had it for 3 months- it's quiet and capable, has a 15 min cycle, so far so good would recommend. Front loader to replace 15yr old unit. Also easy to use, plenty of online help on Bosch page Need to more time to check its durability. Seems like good value

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Dave of WA, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAN22120AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Hi - just bought this machine yesterday to replace an older Bosch which was beyond cost-effective repair - not used this new one yet! We previously used powder detergent in old Bosch - can we do likewise with this new machine or does it have to be liquid detergent - the manual is not conclusive. Thanks
I have been using liquid detergent only - I also find that powder leaves marks on your clothes more often than not. Don't have a definite answer though I'm afraid!Many thanks MeaganI use ecostore powder on nappies and children's clothes and liquid on adults clothes. Both cleans well n no marks residue left from powder at all

I like my new Bosch washing machine, but I'm wondering which is the Cold wash setting. Is it Dark Wash?
I had the same problem. To solve, you repeatedly touch the Temperature button: which first shows 40C, then 30C, then 20C, then --. The -- setting is cold water/tap temperature. Which is much harder to get to than the old 'twist dial to favourite setting!' - but it does work. I also set the timer to finish in 1 hour. That's okay. Apparently it's possible to do a shorter wash, but I've not mastered that one yet. I think there's some sort of study out which found that 80-90% of dirt/smell/etc was removed in the first few minutes of washing. When I've had to wash by hand, that seems to be the case. The rest is the last 10-20% and spinning.I always use only cold water. I was a little annoyed at first but quickly became used to tapping the Temp button (first on left) to reduce to cold setting as Jorgejio describes in above answer.

Hello Team, I bought this washing machines around 4 months ago and was happy with it. Suddenly, a week ago, the display is not showing the digits/signs properly and the 'start' button is not getting enabled at all. I have tried it multiple times but still it does not gets ON. If I touch other options like, temperature, rpm, it works since it makes a sound. Can you please suggest how to get it fixed ?
Less than a year old - it's a warranty issue. Contact who you purchased it from. Unless you got it second-hand... I presume you've tried the "Windows solution"? Turn everything off, leave it, try again?Hi Sweety C,  Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAN22120AU washing machine. Please contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

CategoryFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,299
Capacity7.5 kg
Household Size 2-3 people
FeaturesAuto Balancing and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4 star(s)