Bosch WAT24261AU

Bosch WAT24261AU

MPN: WAT24261AU

Amazing washing machine!

The best washing machine I have ever used. It is very easy to use, very quite and the result is an immaculately clean wash. I bought for under $1000 which is very cheap for such an great washing machine.

Purchased in February 2019 for $950.00.

Noise Level
Hi Sahar M.,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU washing machine. We're so glad to hear that you are finding the machine user friendly and that it's producing great wash results. Thank you for sharing your experience with the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great washer for busy family

This does the job well almost every time. I have a toddler who gets her clothes very grubby, and we are an active family with plenty of sports clothing to wash. Clothes come out clean, and it seems to handle delicates well. My whites come out very white on a Cottons and pre wash cycle.
I use the 45 minute wash for daily washes and it does the job well.
It isn't too noisy and doesn't move - the spin is a bit noisy but that is to be expected. Great value for the price.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for $840.00.

Noise Level
Hi Rebecca Clare,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU. We're glad to hear to hear that your enjoying the 45 minute cycle the appliance offers. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Brilliant washing machine!

Recently bought this machine at the recommendation of the sales person to replace an LG machine (which I loved). Have used it every day for the past week and would thoroughly recommend it. Very, very quiet (even when spinning), large capacity bowl, excellent range of wash options including 15min cycle, and spins the clothes really dry. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Narelle,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU washing machine and we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far.. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

I love it!

This is the most amazing machine. Super energy and water efficient as well as quiet while running. The capacity is quite large and I have always been satisfied with using the "mix" option for quick washes (45 minutes with all sorts of fabrics and colours). The spin function is especially efficient and a great option for people like us who don't have a lot of space to dry clothes, so the extra spin means they dry very quick. Highly recommend!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Keely S,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU washing machine and we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Works well, good value for money

Have been using this machine for a few months and happy with it so far. Replaced a 5 kg F&P top loader and this machine is noticeably better at washing clothes and can fit in about 1.5 times the amount washing the top loader could handle (even though people seem to say that top loader and front loader kg ratings aren't comparable). Wash times are long (~3 hours) for the full 8 kg load, but the 1 hour setting on a reduced load still washes well (just have to make sure it is not overloaded or nothing washes properly). Cold washes are shorter in time too and so far it hasn't been an issue to get all the washing done each week. The delicate and wool functions have washed dresses and jackets that I would never have attempted to do in the top loader and didn't have any issues. The spin cycle leaves clothes much drier than a top loader, and this can lead to towels being a bit scratchy if hung on the line to dry, but if dried in the dryer towels still come out just as soft. It's super quiet while washing as you can only hear the sound of the water sloshing and spin cycles are normally quieter than the top loader as long as it balances properly. It is good to be able to delay the wash so it runs overnight on off-peak power, especially for hot washes to minimise the electricity cost as it heats its own water. The wash itself doesn't appear to save much power over the top loader as we normally use warm washes, but it makes a difference in drying time for the dryer which makes it cheaper to run and the water consumption is noticeably lower per wash, plus with the larger capacity we can do fewer washes. Overall the washing machine is good value for money if it's on sale and hopefully it will prove reliable in the future. The only downside over the previous machine we had is that after finishing a wash we have to take the detergent drawer out to remove any remaining water and wipe the door seal thoroughly to prevent any mold from growing as well as leaving the door open, but it isn't enough to detract from the benefits of the machine.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Dan S, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Unhappy with the product

I bought this machine with confidence as I had a similar model back in India. But from day 1 the machine is noisy during wash and spin with a peculiar noise coming all the time. I contacted support and as usual they asked to look for cleaning filter, drain etc but did not help. They sent out a service person that worked on the machine for 1 hour and said the suspension is stiff and have lubricated it. He was in a hurry and did not run a proper wash cycle and convinced me to give it some time and the noise will go away. It has not. Every wash is giving out the same noise. I contact Harvey Norman for changing the machine and they pointed me to go to Bosch to get authorization. I contact Bosh again and they are saying they will send the service person again to check the problem. What a hassle and amount of time spent running around to get this faulty product changed. The service people have specific work timings that does not suit the customer, they cant book a slot in advance. They expect you to be at home all day during a Mon-Fri and send notification in the morning about service timings which is like 1-3pm. Basically you cannot go to work on the time. There was also this sort of caution saying if we did not find a problem we will charge you $100 for the visit. I mean right next week after the sales? Come on you need to be visiting once at least after sales to be checking the product is fine. This is ridiculous. You will charge $100 for a machine worth $900? 24 call center is of no use if you cant expedite problem solving that is limited by technician skills and work hours.I do not recommend this machine at this point. The German made machines are more expensive and the store particularly emphasizes on them. The series 6 is not made in Germany. A global company should be able to have the same level of quality irrespective of where their factory is. Poor experience and going through hassles.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi MSK,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your washing machine. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH3987 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Very happy

Bough this to replace an 11 year old Bosch Maxx Classic. Unfortunately the bearings had failed and taken out the heater element. Just wasn't worth repairing. Picked one of these up on a super Saturday Special at Harvey Norman for only $795. All I can say is wow.. I was happy with the old one but this silent in comparison!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Dave,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great washing machine

I put all clothes in this washing machine ( purchased it with my dryer.) The washing is excellent. Cleans absolutely everything and it extremely quiet. My issue is that it does come out a little creased, and then combined with the dryer, i need to iron everything. So i gave it a 4 star for that. The energy rating is standard. Cycle times are normal. But i commend the silence of this machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Bee, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU washing machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the silence. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Choice got it right

Replaced 14 year old top loader with this machine based on choice magazine review & EOFY sales bring price down to 738 from recommended price of 1399. Clothes come out dry cutting drying time substantially & quick cycle on cotton default settings( having feared long cycle time compared to previous top loader). Only criticism is the water remaining near door seal after completion of cycle as noted by others.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Bapi, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU Dryer, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great Frontloader

Purchased this on special through Appliances Online. Very happy with service, price and most importantly the washing machine. Researched for reviews on multiple machines as my previous Electrolux had a major part needed to be replaced after a good 12 years but replacing the part was not worth it, so opted for a new machine. Read the reviews and changed manufacturer. It has only been about 3 months but very happy the only noise is from the clothes moving and nothing else - what bliss!!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Ueeanna, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great washing machine for families

Great washing machine for families. Gets clothes clean on a cold wash, including food smashed into 6 months old clothes. Went from a top loader to this, and wouldn't go back. Converted my husband to loving this machine and convinced my neighbour to get one. Great water and electricity saver. Functions are perfect for families.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Sarah S, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're loving the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

good price

good price for German motor never had a problem with this brand, it is really quite and not noisy. finishes quite, the delay mood is very good to use. the item don't consume much water but i'm not quite sure about the electricity small thing that the machine moves a bit when it finishes but i think its the problem of the tiles in my Landry .

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Darwish, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU Washing Machine and we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Worth it

I used this forum when researching washing machines so am now adding an opinion of my one month old Bosch.
Very happy with the size as I can do a big load of sheets with the spinning sort of smooth.
The various washcycles are fantastic. Sportswear is cleaned well but delicately. The shirt cycle someshow gives less wrinkles making it easier to iron them.
It is also energy and for me most importantly water effecient.
Now let's hope it lasts a decade or more.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Sue J, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch WAT24261AU Washing Machine, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

What extra features are there on the 8 kg model compared the the 7.5kg model? (Apart from capacity, power and water usage, and a slightly higher spin RPM?) There are only two of us, so I am not sure if can see a need to spend extra on extra capacity we won't use. Is it more robust? Bosch 7.5kg - WAN22120AU, and the 8kg - WAT24261AU?
Hi Stefan Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch washing machines, really they are both good units and we are sure that you would be pleased either one of these appliances, if you want a slightly larger capacity then choose WAT24261AU The larger one has a couple of extra programs. if you email us on socialmedia.au@bshg.com quoting BSH5386 we can send you the specifications. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Is this model cold wash only. I wanted to buy one through appliances on-line but the specs says cold water only.
Hi You connect the washing machine to cold water only and the washing machine heats the water according to the mode or you can adjust the temperature manually if you want.You can go to Appliances Online and download the manual, I copied this from it: "Temperature (°C, Temp. °C) Setting depending on the model Depending on what stage the program is in, you can change the set temperature before and at the beginning of the program. The maximum temperature that can be set depends on the program that has been selected."I have this washing machine and while it is only connected to cold water, the machine itself heats the water to the desired temperate. You can also manually adjust the water temperature. I have found it to be a fantastic washing machine with lots of flexibility in terms of water temperature and spin speed.

There is water in the detergent drawer after my first three washes with my new machine - it spills onto the floor and I have to clean it up. Why is this? I purchased from Applicance Online and they took away the transport locks after installation, but I am moving house in three months. So how do I transport it?
Hi Yvonne,  Thanks for your question,. We'd like to help as soon as possible, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4567 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

WAT24261AU