Bosch WAW28620AU

Bosch WAW28620AU Questions & Answers

MPN: WAW28620AU

16 questions from our users

Can you use vanish preen gold oxi action fabric stain remover on clothes before going into machine?
Hi Angie, I don't see why not. Although I haven't used it, I have used bleach and fabric softeners. I have also used oxyclean on sheets prior to putting them in the machine. And logically speaking, if we put dirty clothes with whatever stains are on them, we are introducing foreign substances into the machine. I hope this helps! Thanks SusanHi Angie, Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU washing machine. As per user manual, if using stain remover please hand wash thoroughly before placing items into the washing machine If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Can I just do a spin on this washer and not rinse and spin Thanks
Yes you can.Hi Vonnie_1,  Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU washing machine. Please refer to your manual on overview of program. Rinse/Spin cycle. Note - The rinse plus button is set by default for this program. If you require spin cycle only press the rinse plus button to deactivate the function. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home AustraliaHi Vonnie, This is one of the benefits of this washing machine. By way of example, if it rains after you have hung your washing out, just use the spin cycle to get them less wet and rehang them to dry. If you are new to the machine, try different cycles to get familiar with it and find out which ones are best for your needs. I love the 15 minute cycle along with the options within it. So quick to wash clothing and sheets!

Is there a recommended brand of washing powder or liquid that best suits Bosch machines?
Bosch recommends using Omo liquid detergent.

How can I know if the i-DOS system is dispensing detergent? The i-DOS light is on, the setting is at 50ml per wash, but the liquid in the dispenser is at much the same level as it was a month ago after we started using the machine (WAW28620AU). The water only looks slightly bubbly when the machine is filling, but not sudsy.
Hi Rosie, You can fine tune the auto dosing feature up to 3 different settings, see manual. The self dosing system operates a small motor which you can hear operating. Sometimes if you are using a very thick liquid detergent combined with cold weather, the pickup motor (one motor is located in the detergent section of the tray and one in fabric softener side of tray) on the dispenser can get blocked. It may look like caked up detergent around the bottom of the motor. See manual regarding cleaning process involved with self dosing dispenser tray, it’s straight forward just need to make sure you carefully read instructions and not wet components not designed to get wet. We changed our detergent to liquid Omo it’s been fantastic! No problem at all and great wash results. You should routinely clean idos dispenser tray (approx. every 6months or as needed) It’s a great system and only uses the amount of detergent really needed, so don’t be too concerned about a lack of bubbles during washing cycles it’s quiet common not too have many bubbles. Happy cleaning.Thank you for your suggestions and advice Dan. Will check that the dispenser motor is not blocked, and have Omo lined up for the next refill.

What is the difference between the Bosch WAW28620AU and the WAY32891AU?

Can I use washing capsules instead of liquid
Hi Emma, The best advice I can give is just give Bosch a call and ask. They are in the best position to advise regarding the use of detergent capsules. They only too happy to help! Thanks.Hi Emma,  Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU washing machine. As per the instruction manual we recommend using liquid or powder laundry detergent, If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

I recently purchased the Bosch waw28620au 9kg frontloader. If I override the idos function on the machine can I/how do manually dose fabric softener? I know that I can manually dose the detergent in the far left draw but where do I place the softener.
Hi _,  Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU washing machine. Please refer to your manual on page 44. Fabric softener should be inserted into the compartment with the flower symbol displaying. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home AustraliaHi Bosch support, Page 44 and 45 is about the Idos function and where to put fabric softener. Page 47 is about manual dosing of detergent. There is no mention of manual dosing of fabric softeners. I do not want fabric softener sitting in the IDos compartment as I rarely use it and it will dry out. Can anybody help me with an answer. Is this a flaw or oversight in the design. How do others overcome this. Please help.Hey Kass, Good question actually. I am also curious now so I will have to go home later and try and figure it out. I have a feeling manual dosing on softener may not be possible. I would recommend you read the manual to find any reference (maybe that information sits somewhere or maybe not). I'll see what I can find on Google Search. Maybe someone has asked this somewhere on some forum before as your requirement would be quite common.

Hi why do Bosch now have plastic drums? My current Bosch has a stainless steel drum, and most premium machines have stainless steel drums. Most guides say stainless steel is better - even productreview’s washing machine guide. I am looking at replacing my current Bosch as over 9 yrs old and needs repair.
I am thinking of replacing current Bosch was28440au with waw28620au or another 9kg or 8kg unit. Using choice reviews but they only do limited number of reviews. I am reading reviews in uk. Is it possible to get model equivalent in uk for waw28620au, waw28420au, waw28790au, waw28460au, and wat24261au.Hi Tom G, Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch washing machine. All Bosch washing machine drums are made from stainless steel. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home AustraliaWhy does it say Tub is made from plastic on Bosch site?

Doesn’t the WAW28620AU have Home Connect so i can turn it on through an app on my phone?
Hi Jolijn H.,  Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WAW28620AU washing machine. Unfortunately the Home Connect feature is currently not available in Australia. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Hi, Bosch, I see the model has Aqua secure, but my laundry water tap is facing upwards. Since this is a rental place, I'm not allowed to modify anything. Can you tell me if the machine will work (without the water leak protection)? Also, what's the size of the aqua secure model on the inlet? I can see if it can fit in the apartment. Thanks!

Hi Could you tell me what is the difference between WAW28620au and WAW28640au? Thank you.
Hi Monique, Thanks for your question. The WAW28620AU has replaced the WAW28640AU. The 20AU comes with the ‘Night Wash’ program, which is great for washing during the night as it’s extra silent. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

I selected the cotton wash cycle and as the wash progressed the “finish in” time moved from 1 hr to 2.40 Hrs. I’m an surprised by how long the cycle is. Am I doing something wrong?
Select speed perfect to keep it at 1hr.

Can you use powder instead of liquid in this model? Thanks
Yes you can use powder - just turn the auto liquid dispenser off and put in the powder !I have used powder. I am not sure if you can use liquid detergent.I was stumped by this too then I noticed the powder and liquid symbol on the inside compartment draw opening. So I believe you can put either in there. Unfortunately Bosch instructions are no very informative.

how long is cord?
Best Guestimate would be 1.5 meters, to hard to get a tape behind it, definitely not 2 meters. Hope that helps.

How do I do just a spin cycle with my New Bosch WAW28620AU?
I believe you can only do a rinse and spin cycleHi Kat M, Thanks for your question regarding your washing machine. Select the rinse/spin cycle and the press the 'Rinse Plus' button to make it a spin only cycle. If you have any other queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

I know this machine has a “Finish In” function but does it have a delay start function? We have solar and would like to set the machine to just start when the sun comes out as opposed to doing maths and figuring out finish times and subtraction hours when using “Finish In” - any help appreciated, cheers! vv
I believe the machine only has a delayed start function not so much a timer that you can set to start and finish at a certain time

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives