Bosch WTG86400AU

Bosch WTG86400AU

MPN: WTG86400AU

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

When you've just done the laundry, a warm sunny day is perfect. But what if it's raining for days? Your lovely clean clothes might stay wet for just as long. A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you're interested in a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or maybe no dryer at all, this guide has all the handy dryer tips and info.

Read now

2.9

Honest51

Honest51Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quality dryer used 5 years

Purchased for A$1,280.00.

Happy HomeEyre Peninsula, SA

Back up service poor for country residents

I’ve had this dryer for two years. 6 months ago I noticed it was cutting out after a few minutes. I checked all pipes etc. Have rang Bosch 3 times! Promised a service agent would contact me in 24 hrs each time and nothing. I’ve even rang both agents myself. They said they’ve heard nothing from Bosch. Each time I ring I give my reference number. This has been a three week process. I will ring for the fourth time tomorrow!

Purchased in March 2018.

NhojSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rotates in one direction

Condenser Clothes Dryers

Find out how Bosch WTG86400AU compares to other Condenser Clothes Dryers

Sam S

Sam S

Big interior

I really like the size of this machine. It’s very large on the inside. I also like the like inside the machine. I don’t find that it dries all that well though. It seems to take hours and hours.

Purchased in November 2019 at Appliances Online.

JohnnyAdelaide

What a waste of money for a dryer which doesn't dry clothes

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Johnny

I did exactly as you asked and called. I provided proof of purchase as requested for the third time and your customer service rep was going to speak to her manager after lunch three days ago to escalate and call me back. No response since then.

Hi Johnny,
We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4173 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Tennie

TennieMelbourne

2 Faulty Units

First dryer required the start button to be pushed multiple times to start. Some cycles would run for 30 seconds then stop.
The replacement dryer never worked. Was delivered with an error 08 (sensor issue).
From lodging the fault it took more than a week for a repair person to come out and verify the fault.
I’m currently waiting for Bosch to get back to me about regarding their reimbursement process.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Absolutely waste of money, Good only for the looks

A dryer which leaves cloths damp after 160 mins of running. Do yourself a favor and buy a drying rack as well with it because you'll never get your clothes completely dry only relying on the unit. Had a simpson dryer before with similar energy rating no exaggeration way cheaper, quicker, less noisier than this unit.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

KayzeeBendigo

Check your dryer needs first

Purchased this dryer to replace out 28 year old Simpson. Have had difficulty working out the settings & the machine kept turning off after a couple of minutes - I only need to finish off drying clothes - I don't put them in wet from the washing machine. Contacted BOSCH who were very helpful but informed me the only setting available for this purpose is the " Timed Program " - the other programs work on heat sensors which is why it kept switching off. The clothes dry extremely well & the dryer is lovely & quiet however feel I have purchased a machine with more posh features than what I really need.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Hi Kayzee,
Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your Bosch WTG86400AU Dryer.
If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Gulfstream

GulfstreamSydney

The best dryer in its price point

This is the best dryer in its price point - yes I understand that the heat pump dryers use less energy but they are much more expensive. The Bosch Serie 6 8Kg is perfect for our usage which is only when it rains or when high humidity is around and you need to finish of the drying of washing from the clothes line. It's more efficient than a standard dryer but cheaper to purchase than a heat pump. It's very quite and the sensor dryer works well. Clothes come out undamged and there is hardly any moisture in the laundry when it's running which is a problem you will find with a standard dryer. Very happy - thank you Bosch

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Condenser Clothes Dryers

Find out how Bosch WTG86400AU compares to other Condenser Clothes Dryers

Rowan

Rowan

Great Drier

Replaced 25+ Year old tumble dryer which left lint and condensation everywhere.

I Love the fact that this drier does not simply vent through the door but instead uses the condenser to recapture the water.

It does a great job however the sensors do make it almost impossible to try touch damp material (my only complaint)

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Tina

TinaBerwick

Happy

Very happy with my purchase. I have owned this since last winters. No problem so far. First dryer i have owned. Drying fast and well. It doesn't have delay stat option. That is the only negative of this product. Easy to remove water large container makes my job more easy.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Ally S

Ally SGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really great machine

This is a really great dryer. We've had it for about 6 months now - and it is big enough for a full load from our washing machine. It has lots of settings for different materials - but best of all, it is 7 stars in energy rating. I've checked our elecricity usage when it has been on - and the washing machine takes up far more resources than this does.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Johnnymac

Johnnymacasked

Is it possible to change the hinging of the door to the left hand side to match the Bosch washer?

NhojS

I believe it is possible but not 100% sure as I didn't have to change the door configuration myself
It should say if it does, on the Bosch website page for the machine

Hi Johnnymac,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WTG86400AU.
The door hinge is not able to be adjusted to the left hand side. It is designed to sit next to a washing machine and allow for easily transferring clothes.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

JOHANNA N.

JOHANNA N.asked

I am looking to buy a Bosch condensor dryer. It will be sitting on a stand over the washing machine due to tight space. Can it be turned upside down in order to access the controls? Thanks

Hi Johanna,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch WTG86400AU.
Our appliances are designed to stay upright, not to be turned upside down. I'm not sure of the stand you have but you might consider the WTZ20410 stacking kit.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Johnny

I have this dryer and would not recommend it to anyone. First of all you have to press the button several times to get it to start. Then it does not dry your clothes on any automatic settings and only runs one way so all of your sheets etc get wound into a tight ball. I have had Bosch out twice under warranty with no improvement and gave up. Mine was a total waste of money

SullyonHyde

SullyonHydeasked

Hi, my elderly parents recently purchased this dryer. They have had real difficulty in getting the dryer to work properly on a number of different settings. I was wondering if there was a simple trouble shooting tool I could use because despite my best attempts to get the thing going it repeatedly switches itself off after about 10-15 minutes - never mind the setting. Is there a simple solution to what is happening here?

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi SullyonHyde, thanks for your question. As there are a number of factors that could be causing the issue we'd really need to discuss the details with you further. If you could please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Kayzee

Hello - I had the same issue & took awhile to work it out. There are sensors in the machine which apparently detect the dampness level of the clothing. I only need to finish off drying clothes as I hang them on a clothes horse / outdoors, so the setting I use is Timed Program Warm - can alter the time in 10 minute increments - usually 30 minutes dries the clothes completely - if you don't turn the machine off when the alarm goes off it will continue to tumble on & off - to prevent the clothes creasing. I also did a trial & put the clothes straight from the washing machine in the dryer on the Allergy Plus setting & they dried really well - & the machine did not keep switching off thank goodness!! Good luck!

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives