Bosch Serie 4 WTH85200AU

Bosch Serie 4 WTH85200AU

MPN: WTH85200AU

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

When you've just done the laundry, a warm sunny day is perfect. But what if it's raining for days? Your lovely clean clothes might stay wet for just as long. A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you're interested in a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or maybe no dryer at all, this guide has all the handy dryer tips and info.

Read now

2.9

Works well

I bought this dryer as it was the shallowest I could find and wouldn’t stick out from our bench top to far. After I ordered it I read some negative reviews on how it didn’t dry properly. I don’t know what those people were doing but we have dried all sorts of clothes. I just put it on cotton extra dry and let it go. The heat pump dryer does take a lot longer than the old dryer.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,340.00.

Laura MC

Laura MCIllawarra, NSW

Horrible!!!, Avoid the time waste.

I bought the dryer only a couple of days ago based on the bew technology, and energy rating which is supposed to make it better than normal dryers, but this was a bad decision.

The dryer takes forever to dry, that is not the problem tho, it stops every 6-10 mins, no matter what program you set it in. I read the whole manual and tried everything and nothing worked, had it only for 2 days and returned it and swapped it for a Fisher & Paykel which was a lot cheaper. I rather spend more on energy, but at least I will get my clothes dry.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,350.00.

Noise Level

Extremely happy with purchase!

I was sceptical at first, so many reviews noted that clothes didn't dry properly or it took too long etc. The clothes are so lovely and soft and no humidity in the laundry at all. It takes longer than a typical dryer but definitely worth it. You'll need to clean the filter and water out after each cycle but it's honestly no different to emptying the vacuum cleaner cylinder.
So so happy with this purchase and really love the way my clothes feel afterwards. You will be astonished with how much lint and water comes out of the clothes!

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online for A$1,349.00.

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Find out how Bosch Serie 4 WTH85200AU compares to other Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

Robbie_DSouthwest, VIC

Great Value Heat Pump Dryer

Purchased in November 2018 at e&s for A$1,170.00.

Joan

Joan

Perfect for rainy days

Find the Bosh 8 very gentle on all types of fabrics including delicates. Very easy to operate and lots of temperature options. Would recommrnd opening a door slightly when in use even though the heat pump does not need outside ventilation.

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliances Online for A$1,286.00.

Ads

AdsCanberra 2600, ACT

Doesn't Dry

What kind of dryer doesn't dry clothes? We've been trying to dry a set of sheets all afternoon. Still wet. Not sure how running a dryer 4x longer makes it more eco friendly???

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,300.00.

Hi Ads,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dryer. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia.

Will not dry

Had this for one week. No matter what we try this will not dry...ever.

Terribly disappointing as we rely on a dryer living in the snowy mountains.

Hoping Bosch/Harvey Norman can rectify this for us soon as generally Bosch products are awesome.

Purchased for A$1,899.00.

AKS

AKSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Deserves ZERO stars DOES NOT DRY CLOTHES

Purchased this expensive dryer in April, it's now October and I'm so sick of this thing not drying anything, no matter what cycle I select. Regretted it from day 1. I try to put as little as possible in the dryer , but this machine won't dry a small load at all, it just ends the cycle after about a minute ! It will go a little longer if the load is bigger, but you still wouldn't leave it, as you'd still come back to damp clothes. I called the Bosch customer service line and was told they could send out a technician, but I could be charged for that - the thing is just 6 months old and has NEVER worked. What a joke, looks like I'll have to put the pressure on David Jones - I want my money back !!!

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones Online Store.

Moulisa S.

Moulisa S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

First day really disappointed and

Seems according to manual one can only really dry one type of fabric up to a max of 3kg and can’t put clothes in straight from laundry .4hrs to dry and still damp.old vented dryer way better.feel cheated

Purchased for A$1,300.00.

Heat Pump Clothes Dryers

KRC22Sydney, NSW

Wish I hadn’t bought it

Was willing to spend a lot more for the added energy efficiency, but unfortunately it’s also at the complete loss of efficacy. Clothes take at least 4 times longer to dry, and so often they just still aren’t dry enough. No matter how many times I reset and restart the dryer, items are still damp. Completely unable to put a load on at night and know it will be dry in the morning. A basic cycle is about 4 ½ hours. Very very disappointed.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online.

Hi KRC22,
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

BM1

BM1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very happy

Purchased in May 2019 for A$1,299.00.

Muhammad Aqeel

Muhammad AqeelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bosh heat pump dryer

We bought this WTH85200AU one days ago from the harvey norman thomastown and start using it today. It keep stopping itself, we thought the cloth should be dried, but it’s not! We have tried all the different programs, all the same! my wife keep complaining why I spent nearly $1300 for a dryer doesn’t dry cloth properly. Our old $300 dryer worked very well.
I have checked the other model dryer from Bosch, it seems a lot of people have the same problem as we have.
Hope Bosch can fix it!

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$1,300.00.

J.C.

J.C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love! Love! Love! Quiet & No need to vent!

I have had mine since since August 2018, I even bought one from home clearance with a couple scratches & dents plus a crack on the door. Mine works perfectly and most of the time I use the delicates, mixed, towels settings... sometimes it does leave my plusher towels a little damp but nothing another half hour on the timed program warm with fine adjustment to +++ always does the trick. And hint: the same program is great for the towels just before you hop in the shower in the midst of winter. Sometimes though having to press the start button repeatedly on the panel does frustrate on the odd occasion if you're in a hurry. So much better now I don't have to deal with mould issues with no need to vent this dryer.

Purchased in August 2018 at Home Clearance for A$1,087.00.

MichaelM

MichaelMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes doing laundry a whole lot easier

Needing Help

Needing Helpasked

My new dryer is not sending water into the condenser container. I fail to believe that towels would not produce water.
Very Concerned.

Hi Needing Help,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Dryer. We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10922 in the subject line with your contact number. We’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Philasked

Hi,
We have purchased the dryer last week and used it twice. The cloths are NOT dry at the end of its cycle and no matter how many times we attempt to re dry them it just will just doesn't dry them.
Can you let me know why this is before I take the dryer back to Good Guys and give it a 1 star rating.

Regards Phil

Hi Phil,

The only program that will get the laundry dry every time straight from the washer is ‘cottons extra dry’.

‘Cottons extra dry’ doesn’t work if the clothes are partially dry.

When the clothes are partially dry we use the timed dry function. Usually from 30-60mins depending on the moisture level and size of the load.

All this is can be annoying if it is different to what you are familiar with.

The auto drying programs are designed to minimise electricity consumption but are on the dumb side. Making the programs smarter is likely to require more expensive and more humidity sensors along with more programming. All this increases the cost of the dryer.

Paying double the price for a dryer may result in better performance on the auto dry function. Alternatively it could perform like our old Asko dryer on the auto program where it would dry the clothes every time but almost always ran for 1 hour longer than was necessary.

The above suggestions are not effective then the dryer could be faulty.

Hopefully this is useful and answers your question.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks Robbie for the info, very much appreciated. I'll get onto Good Guys tomorrow and look at take it back. I would have expected that a dryer costing $1400 would dry clothes on any particular setting relation to the type of items in the dryer. Very disappointed in this dryer.

shimmie

shimmieasked

To all those reviewers who rated the dryer a low rating with the complaint that it didn’t dry clothes, did you contact customer support and get a solution to the problem? I’m going through that process now and want to know whether there’s a fix.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives