Bose AE2

Bose AE2

See the Best Wired Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

All these years...

I've had mine since 2013. They were a Christmas present from my dad as he knew I loved music and needed quality. I'm 1/2 deaf in my right ear. I've loved these headphones since day one. Sound is clear and beautiful, and they're very comfortable. They could be a tad larger to allow for earrings, however, that's not a big issue. I'm wanting more just like them.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

It had a little issue

I had a problem with mine, the entry of the cabe for the head phone was bad designed, after some time only one side was working.

The good side is that I talked with them and that was probably over a year later and they did replace.

I have confidence in this brand and the wireless probably would be the goal.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Padding quality needs to be improved.

I have always bought bose since the day my father brought home our first home theatre system which was a bose. The sound quality is good for the price, however, I have one problem with them. The padding on the headphones started to fall apart right after the warranty ended. Luckily replacements can be found on eBay.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great quality but sometimes lacking in bass range

Bought this in 2013 and have been using it continuously since then. I have the AE2i model (has buttons to control volume and tracks on Apple devices). Only once had to change the ear pads as it wore out fast without a case. The provided cloth cover is not good enough, had no issues with ear pads once I bought a hard shell case. The sound quality is great but sometimes I feel that bass is a bit lacking.

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Great Sound But Padded Muffs Wear Out Too Soon

I bought mu Bose AE2 Bluetooth Headphones based upon the Bose name. The headphones sound great, very very high quality sound. The bluetooth seems to work fine and never drops out. Battery life is fair but could be better. I have worn these 5 days a week travelling by public transport to work approx. 4 hours use per day.

After the first year, everything was good. Now that the warranty has finished, the ear pads have started to deteriorate leaving little black droppings everywhere. I went back to shop where the headphones were purchased and was told to write Bose directly. The price they quoted me for repair was outstanding, half the price for a new set. I have since purchased replacement pads from China on Ebay for less than $4 delivered. Maybe my next purchase will be anything other than Bose.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Bose uncomfortable earmuffs

I purchased these sub standard BOSE over ear headphones, from the Myer store at their Colonnades Noarlunga store 3 years ago for $189.

These headphones were only used intermittently for PC use, and rarely used.
Within a short time the vinyl covering over the headphones deteriorated and a multitude of small flecks of plastic from the headphone covering covered my ears and neck during use.

I am aware that there are replacement covers, which are overpriced, and I am glad that I did not order the replacement covers, as it would have been an ongoing problem, and a nice little earner for BOSE, let alone the inconvenience, and attempting to fit the things.

But the bad experience continues, the actual sound output stopped which was replaced by silence and bursts of uneven strange noises. Due to this defective, overpriced product, and my overall negative experience with the sub standard quality of BOSE, I shall never purchase any of their dodgy products again.

I am pleased that I had this experienced with this BOSE headphone, before I advanced to the more expensive models, as I now only purchase quality SENNHEISER products, and I can certainly notice the overall quality build of the MOMENTUM & RS 175 models.
I have also purchased other Sennheiser headphones as they are clearly superior to the sub standard BOSE products.

Date PurchasedJul 2013