MPN: QC20
See the Best Wired Headphones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bose? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
  • Noise Cancellation
Owen
OwenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bose QuietComfort 20 QC20

I have brought this item twice and both times i have had a buzzing noise coming through the ear pieces, especially when it is charging and also the inner protection inside the headphones has worn away.
Don't get me wrong the sound quality is excellent, I just wish they fix this problem, as it is well known to them, if you read the reviews on other websites

Purchased in June 2017 at eBay for $300.00.

DFESydney, NSW

Bose QuietComfort 20 Replacement ?

Adrian Gsydney

Australian consumer law - poor build quality

1 year 11 months old and the case covering falls apart. Westfield Sydney City Bose shop assistants said would only replace if I pay $300!!! Will have to take them to NCAT to claim full refund. As this is a generally great product, performance wise, I would buy another pair. Very disappointed with lack of support and service, and being fobbed off, as most customers are when there is a problem. The Australian Consumer Law has guarantees as to fitness etc.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Shane
ShanePerth

Great sound at a high price

Good ear fit. Cable could be thicker and feels a bit fragile. The sound is wonderful though and Dheres to the sound you would expect from this brand. I would have preferred if there was an option for an iPhone lightning connector plug. Using an adaptor is very very frustrating

Date PurchasedApr 2017

liamisred
liamisredAU

Good noise canceling

Let's face it these are just simply a solid pair of cans. I would have really appreciated wireless bluetooth functionality but they're a decent pair of first noise cancelling headphones. They're especially a good deal now as they have had a significant price cut due to these been considered "outdated"
Definitely a solid 6/10

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
George
GeorgeSydney, NSW

Stand by your product!!

I’m already familiar with the aviation products offered by Bose, and I thought I’d give the civilian products a go, everything was going swimmingly until just after the warranty period when one of the pods started crackling horribly. JB HIFI was no help, only suggesting that I should have gone to them directly... Bose also just sympathised but offered no solution, oh well... Seeing as it was only a matter of weeks, I thought they may stand by their brand, guess not.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Daniel
DanielSydney

Would be perfect but for the hiss.

I have had this unit for 3 weeks now - simply cannot get used to the hissing without the noise cancellation on and not listening to anything.

Would return it tomorrow if there was something better by the way of noise cancelling earbuds.

Having said that the noise cancellation is great - turned my TV up to 20 (normally listen at about 12 or 13) and could not hear the sound with the earphones on. Could not hear anything that I did not want to on the train either.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Christmas seems to go hand-in-hand with consumption, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be eco-friendly with your gift-giving. We’ve got tips for everything from shopping sustainably to zero-waste packaging, so that you can have a greener holiday season.

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
BlueAnto
BlueAntoSydney, NSW

Poor Quality Item

I have been a fan of Bose fr many years and I think this has to be one of their worst products. It is adequate but I have rated this poory purely because of the price and the awful quality of the product. You really still get significant noise and so noise cancelling does not work well. Also the cable that is connected to the unit electronics unit did not take long to disintegrate! :-(

Not happy.....

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Tango
Tango

Excellent noise cancellation but let down with inferior wire insulation

I've owned my QC20 for 2 years. Prior to my QC20, I was using the Pioneer SE-NC31C-K which also has active noise cancellation. I always take great care of all my gears but I'm quite disappointed with my Bose QC20. The rubber wiring insulation has not hold up as well as my Pioneer. I'm seeing cracks along the cable and right below right-angle jack. For the price I have higher expectation from Bose brand.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Martin
MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Compact but not entirely quiet

I replaced a previous set of Bose in-ear noise cancelling headphones with these. They worked well at first but after about six months began to drop in quality of noise cancellation. If you like a compact in-ear headphone then these are fine, however i think the larger headphones work a lot better.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Ladda
Ladda

Not worth the price tag

Bought Bose qc35 for my husband and he loved it. So thought I bought myself a present and got a smaller earphone with Bose. Paid $350, used once and decided to sell. Even though it's small but with battery intact, it makes it bulky/inconvenience to use, plus sound wise I think I can get something cheaper with the same quality

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Lex
Lex

crisp sound and blocks out airport noise

Date PurchasedMar 2017