Bose QuietControl 30 QC30

Bose QuietControl 30 QC30

Noise cancelling ineffective

Bose is a quality product; if you want to buy their products go to their stores- excellent service. The wireless in ear did not remove voices or construction noise, although if you were listening to music this would certainly mask the voices, etc. Others have found them excellent during airflights which is where they work well? to drown out the noise of the engine. I bought these to stop hearing my neighbours loud penetrating voices for which they did not work..also could hear the 3 men in the park across the lake talking to each other..also the construction noise in a property across the lake and a few houses down seemed not to change at all. Bose was excellent in that they said I could return them if they didn't suit for a full refund. They set it up for me, recharging only takes under 2 hours, and full noise cancelling commences each time you turn them on ie it resets itself if you have changed it at all. They said the difficulty with voices are the varying tones. Their sleep earbuds may be what I need they are noise masking, sound of rain on the roof amongst others was enjoyable.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

the wireless portability is the key point

the wireless range is ok. I can walk around most of my house ok while on a phone call (2 story town house). If I go outside it tends to break up
The noise cancelling is not very strong compared to QC20.
When you are in a call the microphone tends to pick up too much background noise - e.g. if I am at a cafe or at the airport it is very difficult for the other person to hear me properly as the background noise is as loud as my voice. Not sure if mine are faulty or if thats the same for everyone

Date PurchasedJun 2017

They were good while they worked...

Just like many others, I faced a quality problem - 8 months after purchase, left speaker on my QC30 suddenly started to produce random loud noises, even when no music is played. Updating firmware and reset didn't help, clearly a hardware issue. I was counting on having noise-cancellation headphones for my holiday that start next week since I'll have many flights - given that support is not particularly quick, I don't stand a chance to receive a replacement before my departure. Won't buy Bose again as they should've made a global recall given the high number of people complaining about this issue.

Good Noise Cancelling but couple of issues

Best noise cancelling available. I found the headphones a bit tight when adjusted for optimum noise cancelling, and loose and not enough noise isolation when adjusted for comfort. Expensive headphones compared to the wired headphones of same quality. Also you cannot use Bluetooth without the App where as in the store you can. Why is the App being forced on us.

So I have returned the headphones due mainly to it being uncomfortable, I will stick to my older QC 30s

I will try out the Nura headphones an see how comfortable it is, as for same money you can adjust the sound to suit your hearing.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

great product but poor quality

it's a great noise cancellation headphone, might not as good as QC35. but you can wear it all day/night without feeling uncomfortable or too hot. the QC35 will make your ears feels way too hot especially during summer.

however, the neckband quality of this production is no good. within 6 months of usage, the rubber starts get off from the main structure.

more disappointed thing is the headphone got terrible noise recently. even though Bose have resend me a brand new QC30 to replace the old one, I still feel unsecured as I can expect the headphone to got issue again in the next 6 month while I will be out of product warranty by then.

Very Good product

bought first noise cancelling earphones.
plus points
- Comfortable and stable earbud fit.
- Very low leakage.
- Above-average noise isolation.
negative points
- The neckband design won't be for everyone.
- Laggy when watching videos.
- battery could have been bigger, as the neckband can hold a large battery

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good sound quality, but useless for calls

I got these to replace my ageing LG Tone Bluetooth headphones, which gave me several years of exellent service. I liked the round the neck format and do a fair amount of computing on Public transport so was keen to get a pair that had noise cancelling. The Bose QC30 do certain things very well such as the sound quality and adjustable noise cancelling. But unfortunately the big let down is the headset is useless for taking calls in noisy environments such as a bus or noisy office. The NC microphones appear to amplify the background noise and drown out your voice so that people on the call can't hear you and unless you're on mute the call is drowned out by the noise. The only way to make it a little better is to cup the right earpiece in your hand Infront of your mouth. My old LGs never had any issues with calls in noisy environments nor do the standard headphones that come with the phone. What frustrated me even more is that Bose aren't responding to my complaints, and from what I can see on the forums aren't looking to fix the issue anytime soon.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Premium price for some peace and quiet in public.

Great at noise reduction on planes and trains (anywhere with machine noises) and reasonable when it comes to reducing the amount of noise from people talking as well. You can tell it's due to the active noise canceling because when you switch it off while still having the the headphones on, you can clearly hear much more noise. Yes it's expensive, but definitely the best noise canceling headphones I have had.

Too bad there's no way you can plug this into those airplane entertainment systems. You need a QC15 or something with wire for that.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great Music, microphone needs work.

These are a great set of earphones overall. Good music quality with sufficient bass that isn’t overpowering or distorting the true sound of the music.
The only drawback is the lacking quality of the noise cancelling microphone - it doesn’t seem to filter background noise very well.
This is a major flaw on a product that so many other companies seem to excel at - why doesn’t Bose?
When walking through a busy street while on the phone, the sidetone (sound from microphone piped back into you’re ears) is audibly louder with traffic noise compared to your voice.
Often, recipients of my calls complain that they cannot hear me over the background noise.

Still a great set of earphones, just with one major flaw.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Absolute Clear Sharp Music

Clear sharp and brilliant music to my ears. Wow. I'm so glad I purchased this product as not only was it on sale and on a great price. But the utmost clarity of the headphones! Awwww music brilliance. I get lost in the sound but you'd expect it from BOSE so I'm chuffed.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Brilliant

If I loved these any more than I do, it would be unnatural and creepy. I've had a few noise cancelling headphones now, but these are in a class of their own. Not only is the noise cancelling exceptional, and I mean significantly better than the others I've had. The actual sound is very good as well.
By "very good", I mean I love it! I have particular fondness for the stereo separation.
I had previously owned a pair of Jaybirds, which, as all the reviews will warn you, died just after they were out of warranty (no, they didn't repair or replace), and I almost feel ripped off that I listened to this comparative rubbish for a year. A year of my musical life that I won't get back.
Two down sides: They are pricey, but I would happily pay the extra again. And, the collar piece can be a little disquieting when you're working out, but that just might take some getting used to.
Overall, highly recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Why didn't I get this sooner

My sister introduced the Bose QC range to me. She has QC 25 and 35, my initial thought was so bulky. When I researched into it and found this QC30. Love the compact size, it doesn't take up much room in the travel bag as I have 2 kids and my bag is always full. It works a charm on the plane, blocks out all noise and dampen the engine sound. The only down side is can't hear what the kids are saying to me, my husband this it's an upside! :P

Fantastic Noise Cancelation Earphones

Bose are the best in the business for Noise Cancellation. I was waiting patiently for them to release an In ear version which I could use on my work travels. The QC 30 are the best In ear Noise Cancellation heaphones in the market. They are on the more expensive end however it is worth it. Battery lasts for over 16hrs and the noise cancellation does not need to be on to listen to music which is useful if you need to conserve battery. I use these as my main headphones on a daily basis. Great product from a great brand.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Perfect!! Buy!

Pro:
great for travellers
most valuable for your precious ears when travelling by air or train
with this, volume can be controlled under certain degree which can protect your ears
great quiet control product

Con:
a little bit more expensive
not fancy looking
not suitable for sports ( running, jogging )

Just OK for its value

The sound quality is good but the little buzz sound just can't be gotten rid of when turning on the silent mode. The battery life is quite good as it has an extended battery built in that circle I guess. It's only good if you need it in gym and otherwise just get the headphone version.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Too expensive for a product that you do not use all the time

I got one of these about 3 years ago, by the time it was quite amazing.
I have never compared these against the over-ear QC25 or equivalent, however QC30 cannot block all external sound for me, your experience may vary.
Also, it is not that comfortable to wear on an aircraft, way too expensive for a product if you do not use all the time.
good if you want to use this in a library however any other passive noise reduction earphone will do just fine.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Love these, comfy and does the job

Bought these last week as a replacement earphones to use at the gym, these are definitely very comfortable and surprisingly it does keep out a lot of noise! I was a bit skeptical about the neck band before I bought it, but it doesn't actually bother me that much, I think it looks alright... but these are comfortable and keep out noise, music sounds really good too.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good sound

I love bose so slightly biased. Their sound quality is above average and the design is nice. I don’t really like the neck brace which holds it in place. Would rather it be less bulky when traveling or trying to sleep on a plane and the whole thing gets in the way.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Decent pair of earphones.

Honestly expected better from Bose. While the sound quality has slightly improved compared to the older QC20, the level of noise cancelling is greatly sub-par. Compared to its counterpart, the QC35, it doesn't have the ability to completely cancel out the noise of the engine while flying. The design is also slightly uncomfortable on the neck and leaves the earbuds dangling freely when not in use.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Quality Bose sound as expected but occasional wireless issues

I did a lot of research before choosing wireless earphones. The main criteria for me is they needed to be comfortable enough to go to sleep in bed. As far as everyday use, the earbuds are very comfortable in my ear with excellent Bose sound as expected & the thing that hangs around my neck is reasonably comfortable & natural as well. I've had them for about 5 months now & as far as falling asleep with them - they aren't perfect but I'm definitely getting used to them & do regularly fall asleep with them on. They have settings to turn itself off after various time intervals so the battery doesn't get drained too quickly. Battery life is pretty much as claimed.
The only occasional issue is the bluetooth connection. It is easy to set up & connect to most bluetooth devices (my iPhone & Mac but not my Sony PS3) without any problems. Occasionally it is just rather temperamental & will take 2-3 attempts to reconnect via bluetooth. The distance from the bluetooth device is pretty limited before the sound begins to distort or loose sound completely. A few metres in line of site always works but as soon as I go into the room next door it will distort sound quality. From my bedroom to my kitchen is only 5 metres & 1 wall & lose sound completely.
I bought them direct from a Bose Store & the service & price was outstanding. They price matched a cheaper price & the added benefit is that you can return them to Bose within 30 days if you don't like them.

Date PurchasedJul 2017