Bose Solo 5

Bose Solo 5

Clear And Crisp

Quite honestly the best sound bar for its price. Perfect for listening to any sort of music, watching movies and listening to podcasts. Have a Samsung TV attached to it and it's Easy to connect and navigate. Would recommend to anyone.

Purchased in November 2016 at JB Hi-Fi for $399.00.

Expected more

Bought the bose solo5 thinking that being a bose product it would sound fantastic. I have a samsung 65 inch qled tv & thought that a soundbar would enhanse the sound but after my purchase I have found that the sound difference between the original speakers & the soundbar wasn't a lot for the money spent. Expected more

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Dissapointing Bose Soundbar

Sound is ordinary very boxy, recommended optical connection used to TV, had issue with socket on Sound bar cover jamming half way when inserting cable plug, I would say less sound quality than the Panasonic home theatre that I replaced, also waste of time trying to setup universal remote as no codes work? would be much better system programming devices on computer like other universal remotes. Seriously considering returning it to Seller.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Just what we needed

We moved to a small place we had a Denon system but it was to much for the size of the room. We purchase the Solo 5 and was surprised at the sound very crisp and plenty of bass again for the size of the room 16x17 . It doesn’t take up any room and the Bluetooth is a nice touch synd up with our phones and iPad easily very happy with our purchase

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Big sound for a little guy

This sound bar is perfect for those who want a quality sound far better than tv speakers and without taking up much room.
A perfect size for sitting on a cabinet or wall mounted.
Delivers a crisp clear sound you would expect from Bose and plenty of punch from it’s adjustable base levels.
No it doesn’t have a subwoofer and would not be suited to a large room with a big tv( go full surround sound for that, I did)
Mine is hooked up to a 55” tv in a small room and is perfect for movies. A very cost effective way for a great sound.

Date PurchasedApr 2011

Not a bad deal

Bose is good in terms of sound clarity which they nail in most devices. Given the 399$ price tag, this is a much less bargain in terms of value for money. However, they have good surround sound quality and is pretty lightweight and compact in terms of size and shape. I purchased them second hand at half the price but i wouldn't pay full price for them.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Impressive sound output, quick set up at an accessible price but with some shortcomings.

I'll start this review by saying to be fair, this unit, overall, was definitely well worth buying. It was reasonably priced for the results it produces., It has a large clear sound which absolutely does what it is designed to ie: greatly enhance the audio output of the TV and DVD. Its tiny footprint is great. Plus,with bluetooth, the unit also handles music from my iPhone and iPad very impressively. I've been using the unit successfully since November 2017 so I've decided these features are all just peachy.
Conversely however, at first try, the installation set-up seemed super simple until I tried to programme my TV and DVD to use with the universal remote Bose supplied. None of the codes worked so the remote is limited to operating the soundbar solely. A shame really because the Bose remote looks very handy and sturdy indeed. Consequently there is no visual display of volume control on the TV screen. You have to rely on coloured lights on the soundbar to assess the operation. Just like the "olden" days, I'm juggling three remotes all over again. Clumsy. The unit has an auto-off function which means the audio has to be manually activated each time you turn on the TV (in my set-up at least).
All told, the Bose Solo 5 is a satisfying product all round with just a few minor disappointments.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

High quality sound ! You won’t regret this purchase!

The Bose solo 5 is a perfect solution on a alternative theatre system value for money. You can get it less than $500 bucks at Harvey Norman or JB Hi Fi. This product requires HDMI cable to your tv and is perfect for TV watching, movies and playing music.

The bass included is perfect for Small to medium living and makes a significant difference. Take my advice Bose have been the monopoly of sound systems they focus so much effort in R&D you won’t regret the sound that it will produce.

Any questions hit me up.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Dishearten and Happy

Recently we bought a Bose Solo 5 from JB Hifi. Not sure if I am happy with the product or not.

The pros: excellent sound for such a small box, good deal after negotiation with JB Hifi.

On the cons side: the Bose Solo 5 had a challenging time connecting to my LG UF55680T which I had to “jerry-rig’ around and after all that the universal remote tends to “forget” its settings to the Bose, TV and cable box since you’re your turn on the systems they do not tend to start (sometimes) out of sync and I must redo the settings. My final con is that the Bose Solo 5 has no way of letting you know the volume level – that is a poor – Bose – cannot believe it – had I known before I would not have bought.

I am happy with the sound and sorry my “tech knowledge” is not up to par to “correct” the small distractions and upset at Bose for no volume bar.

Will have to do more research in the future on Bose products before buying. First time, shame on you, second time shame on me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017